• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Gemstone

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 27, 2015, 10:10:01 PM
This is a serious suggestion. How about on open line nights for international callers we have a digital map with push pins on a world map (google maps can do this I imagine?) with us trying to find the most remote far away listeners, ala little Ellie in the beginning of Contact on her ham radio?

I think it would be a cool thing to track
Brilliant and fun

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 27, 2015, 10:10:01 PM
This is a serious suggestion. How about on open line nights for international callers we have a digital map with push pins on a world map (google maps can do this I imagine?) with us trying to find the most remote far away listeners, ala little Ellie in the beginning of Contact on her ham radio?

I think it would be a cool thing to track

Great idea. Mark me down for Melbourne, Australia.

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 08:01:22 PM
That picture was from one of the TV shows I did but I am not sure which one, now I said my Cats have Souls Dogs are without a Soul and just drool. (Just kidding).

Some news, the final contract provisions have been agreed on, now all we need is the final draft from the Lawyers and if they can just keep from trying to bill extra hours, then by the end of next Week we should have a contract to sign. I hate waiting.

Art

Nice!

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 09:37:52 PM
Well the really good news here is that a 24ghz Microwave shot was made to my property today with really awesome high speed Internet so many things are now going to be possible besides high quality transfer of the show, for example we are going to use SIP service for phone lines which will allow toll free lines for International callers. It's a new World.

Art

Jazmunda is very happy.

sorefinger

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 10:03:12 PM
How about East or West of the Dateline?

Art
That would make it today or tomorrow!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on March 27, 2015, 11:01:47 PM
Great idea. Mark me down for Melbourne, Australia.

I just got a chuckle out of Falkie thinking you dead during that cafe standoff in "neighboring" Sydney.

jazmunda

Quote from: DesertFox on March 27, 2015, 11:04:52 PM
Jazmunda is very happy.

Jazmunda found a way to legally get Sirius. Jazmunda would have found a way if this venture was US only. And yes Jazmunda is happy. These are happy days. Art Bell is back!

jazmunda

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 27, 2015, 11:06:40 PM
  I just got a chuckle out of Falkie thinking you dead during that cafe standoff in "neighboring" Sydney.

He he. He worries about me every time a koala in the outback farts. I hope the rain in Hawaii isn't effecting you in Boston.

jazmunda

For Art Bell historians and for anyone who doesn't have access to the Art Bell Mega Torrent; Saturday night's SIT episode is one of Richard C Hoagland's first appearances on Coast to Coast AM from 6/23/95.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: jazmunda on March 27, 2015, 11:17:10 PM
For Art Bell historians and for anyone who doesn't have access to the Art Bell Mega Torrent; Saturday night's SIT episode is one of Richard C Hoagland's first appearances on Coast to Coast AM from 6/23/95.

He is on with Syrett, and sounds like he has been through hell lately... and it may, or may not be tied to not being the cut as the full time science adviser on C2C.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on March 27, 2015, 11:09:29 PM
He he. He worries about me every time a koala in the outback farts. I hope the rain in Hawaii isn't effecting you in Boston.

His girlfriend's eviction barely registers on his concern level, but he probably thinks you'll catch Malcolm Young's illness. He's too much.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on March 27, 2015, 11:17:10 PM

What.....for real???? I kinda want that

jazmunda

This will probably blow your mind.

jan78

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 09:37:52 PM
Well the really good news here is that a 24ghz Microwave shot was made to my property today with really awesome high speed Internet so many things are now going to be possible besides high quality transfer of the show, for example we are going to use SIP service for phone lines which will allow toll free lines for International callers. It's a new World.

Art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3N9SVfs0jg

All Over the World  -  E L O   

I'm missing something with how to embed these - oh well, next time....

Redwolf

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 10:27:11 PM
Ok so Ross has already said he would be proud to do it, so no problem there. This is really exciting stuff. I will be posting pictures as we build the Studio, so I will try and keep you all in the loop.

As I mentioned more then a few times I really love doing new stuff and this so qualifies. We will be bringing Broadcast plus quality to a free live Internet show that anybody can hear anywhere in the World with a Free App.

Art

[attachimg=1]

WOTR

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 27, 2015, 09:59:24 PM
Art, I couldn't be happier if Scarlett Johansson made sweet love to me. Well, I could, but she's not going to so... this is pretty good too.
This quote had me laughing...

Quote from: jazmunda on March 27, 2015, 11:38:34 PM
This will probably blow your mind.

That's amazing.  I mean, did the people who invented English get together with the people who invented Spanish hundreds of years ago to figure this out?  The odds must be astronomical.

jazmunda

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 28, 2015, 12:49:49 AM
That's amazing.  I mean, did the people who invented English get together with the people who invented Spanish hundreds of years ago to figure this out?  The odds must be astronomical.

I believe Mexican Jesus invented it. Jorch said so.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 10:03:12 PM
How about East or West of the Dateline?

Art

Let's not forget North or South of the Equator...

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on March 28, 2015, 01:19:26 AM
I believe Mexican Jesus invented it. Jorch said so.

"Why did Jesus have a Mexican name?" is one of the best Daveisms I've ever heard. Truly unreal.

jazmunda

Quote from: Paul on March 28, 2015, 01:25:59 AM
Let's not forget North or South of the Equator...

This is so confusing. You need a basic knowledge of geography just to call in. I hope the smartphone app will be able to assist in working out where in the world one is calling from.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on March 28, 2015, 01:33:43 AM
This is so confusing. You need a basic knowledge of geography just to call in. I hope the smartphone app will be able to assist in working out where in the world one is calling from.

Stand on your head, things will right themselves.

Or something like that.

rzr1911

Why do 'smart'phones need a new stupid app for ever single stream?
I don't even have a smartphone, I use Winamp on PC to listen to most shows.
Don't these smartphones have something like WinAmp with which you can listen to all streams (if you know the URL)?
I understand it's pretty easy to release such an app, take a template, insert a jpg, edit the URL, and you're done.
It's a marketing gag, but it's pretty stupid too, imagine every Website would release their own web-browser just so you could surf to their page... LOL

Morgus

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 28, 2015, 02:24:43 AM
Don't these smartphones have something like WinAmp with which you can listen to all streams (if you know the URL)?
Yes there is the Tune-In app that supports lots of streams like winamp on a pc does including dark matter radio stream and classic Art Bell streams like u7, also lots of regular AM radio station streams.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: january on March 27, 2015, 11:42:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3N9SVfs0jg

All Over the World  -  E L O   

I'm missing something with how to embed these - oh well, next time....

Remove the s from the https in the link.   ;) I just discovered that too.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 08:01:22 PM
That picture was from one of the TV shows I did but I am not sure which one, now I said my Cats have Souls Dogs are without a Soul and just drool. (Just kidding).

Some news, the final contract provisions have been agreed on, now all we need is the final draft from the Lawyers and if they can just keep from trying to bill extra hours, then by the end of next Week we should have a contract to sign. I hate waiting.

Art

If you think Art had problems with a non compete, Amazon is making part time and temp workers sign non compete contracts. Once they quit working for Amazon, they have to get Amazon's permision to take another job if that company competes with Amazon in anyway.

Delphi

Keep the good news rolling Art.   
   Take it easy sir

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on March 27, 2015, 10:31:08 PM
Quiet you. I'm only half Australian. On my mother's side.

Top or bottom half ?

wr250

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 28, 2015, 02:24:43 AM
I understand it's pretty easy to release such an app, take a template, insert a jpg, edit the URL, and you're done.
It's a marketing gag, but it's pretty stupid too, imagine every Website would release their own web-browser just so you could surf to their page... LOL

use the  vlc app.