• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ManiacMatt on March 27, 2015, 01:53:44 PM
Hey, PBS!  You're either with us or against us!  There's no other forum!  :P

Please share a picture of your tattoos!  I would love to see them.  A good friend of mine, who has a lot of tats, was sitting at a bar and he struck up a conversation with a woman.  The conversation was going well until she started bashing people with tats.  As she was talking, my friend lifted his sleeve to reveal one of his tats.  She quietly walked away.  People are strange.

I will post some in another thread later. I meant ot start a tattoo thread along with my writing thread.

Now come on, you know that I am all about this forum, hell I have been plugging it on Rollye's show for damned near a month now, and will do so again tonight! If this forum had colors, I would bleed them. That being said, can't blame a girl for shamelessly hocking her wares else where, can you?  :D

YNOT

Quote from: VegasI15 on March 27, 2015, 01:46:10 PM
Speaking of people who hang themselves on air, I had to share this aircheck.  The host is Golden Delicious from KTKK in Salt Lake City.  Listen as he gives his audience permission to turn off the radio and watch a movie on TV.  He's unique to say the least.

[attachurl=1]

That dude's voice is Creepy.  He sounds like a Cult Leader.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 27, 2015, 01:58:40 PM
I will post some in another thread later. I meant ot start a tattoo thread along with my writing thread.

Now come on, you know that I am all about this forum, hell I have been plugging it on Rollye's show for damned near a month now, and will do so again tonight! If this forum had colors, I would bleed them. That being said, can't blame a girl for shamelessly hocking her wares else where, can you?  :D

Of course, I can't blame you at all.  This forum wouldn't be the same without you.  I'll have to check out Rollye's show sometime.

laserjock

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 27, 2015, 01:43:16 PM
All of us have things that make us uncomfortable, I get that. That tattoo culture is very different now, that is why I defend it. But I shouldn't, I mean really, why? Like everyone I have things that get under my skin. (ha! bad pun) And not being a religious woman, I see why we have such different views. My tattoos are pieces of my life, that I now have forever. Reminders. A human scrap book. As for getting attention, never once did I get one for that reason. And at 39 if I am doing something for attention that would just be sad now, wouldn't it?

As for the other board, I just found them this year. They were around during dark matter too from what I read. I just didn't see anyone doing anything wrong, and the interaction I had there was very different than here. You gotta have some thick skin (sorry there I go again) to survive here.

That being said, groove on laser.

Ah, ok, I take your points, but I just cannot separate someone doing something to their appearance as not having something to do with their desired effect on others.  But with that said, I take body art in stride, I see it for what is often is, a way for a person to fit in and follow a trend.  I was a little upset when my wife got our infant daughter's ears pierced, but I realize that in her culture (and in most latin cultures) it seems that is normal.  But it bothered me, just as forcing babies to get male or female circumcision. 

Were I to meet you in person, you'd probably not notice my reaction to the body alterations, but I'd have made a mental note to "watch out" at least.  But there are many things that cause me to make a mental note, such as a Harley rider, riding motorcycles involves a desire to take risks (Yeah, I've ridden bikes and yeah, it's fun, but it's also a great way to end a life), so when I see most anything my mind makes notes on what I see and hear and feel.  I don't send people down the garbage chute just because of things, but I make a note and keep questions inside my head.

I'm sure IRL we'd be friends, so you wouldn't even know or if you did, you'd know that I got around it anyways.  But, as far as dating goes, if I weren't committed totally in my relationship I'd avoid certain things:  I won't go near smokers or drug users, I avoid body art, and I avoid women that seek a lot of attention of any kind.  What is interesting is that my wife has a similar attitude to mine, if I were to get body art she'd be quite unhappy, she won't even let me get my left ear pierced again, and at least I know she cares that way.

I just think it's unfair to demand others to not react to something that at its core, INVOKES reaction.  But I'm sure you're a dandelion/rose of a person and a great soul.  Live and let live, yes, absolutely, but mental notes are made just in case.  Mind you, I also don't go for short hair styles except some flapper style do's and don't like beehives either.  We all have our silly things.

coaster

I love tattoos. Its the people putting big holes in their face that annoys me.

morgana213

Quote from: laserjock on March 27, 2015, 01:25:28 PM
Judging people comes from the concept of using "good judgement", that is, making assessments based on what our senses tell us about our surroundings.  IF someone goes out of their way to behave as though they are on the fringe, even if they aren't, they are deliberately sending signals to others, and what purpose does that serve?  Some of it is attention getting stuff, and does say something about the persons involved.

Personally, I dislike ink on human skin, and I dislike graffiti also.  For me, it's like how male dogs pee to create the illusion of something being "their territory".  Marking up what God made perfectly to start with sends alarm bells going off in my head.  Why put graffiti all over yourself if you are already just fine as it is?

I will only judge you for using or not using judgement in your choices.  Putting ink and holes all over one's body does say things about them, and getting mad at some people who don't like that is like forcing others to do your bidding.  If we don't like it, it is our right to feel that way, and you are forcing us with your hand.  It's like farting on purpose in public.  It is unfair to expect others to not react to behavior that is either fringe or attention getting.

Don't judge me?  Then don't bring it upon yourself by acting out.
Tattoos can be beautiful. They are a statement of importance for those who have the courage to adorn them.  For example, a witch may have a pentagram tattoo which is a symbol of protection for him/her.  I don't have one because the inking sounds to painful to me.  I have many friends who do have them and to me its a preference and is much like wearing jewelry that has meaning to the wearer. 

I like well done tattoos and Art Bell!! 

laserjock

If I DID get a tat, it'd be something that makes sense for me, such as a geodesic sphere (I'm a devotee of Bucky Fuller) because my dream house would be design with some Fuller type elements.  Or there would be numbers or math forumulas that have significance to me.  But I don't want undue attention and want to be taken for who I am, not for something in my appearance, so it ain't gonna happen.  But I DO tease my wife about it because she's cute when she gets worried about little things like that. 

Cwn Annwn

Quote from: laserjock on March 27, 2015, 02:05:44 PM
I just cannot separate someone doing something to their appearance as not having something to do with their desired effect on others.

Many things that people do are done for their own sake, and in service of their own aesthetic vision. Much of my own personal style (which doesn't include tattoos or piercings) has to do with my own vision of myself, and not with how I want others to perceive me or where I want to fit. This is probably true for at least some people who have tattoos.

laserjock

Yeah, people do it for themselves, and yet, many claim it is a "statement" they are making.  Whatever we do in life, it is rarely in a vacuum.  Like Suicide, it affects those around us, that is one reason it is so wrong and doing it is very selfish unless you've got a terminal disease.  We humans are social animals.  So if you are gonna do it, ask yourself, would you bother doing it if you were the last person on Earth?  If yeah, then yeah, it's all about yourself, but let's face it, we all act and do what we do because of our social intentions.  Even drinking is often a conscious social activity.  We get drunk so that we will interact with others on a level that happens when drunk. 

We all crave social interaction, after all, what are we doing here in this forum?  Socializing semi anonymously.

And also, people spend a fortune getting tattoos removed (am I right that you never really remove them completely?) 

PathoJen

Does anyone recall the name of the guest Art had on C2C who talked about animals and their primal instincts? He mentioned that PETA is a horrible organization that thinks animals are entitled to the same rights as humans...Can't remember his name. :/

Juan

I obviously have a tat on my forehead that says "Argue with me about everything", and while I can't see it, everyone else can.

laserjock

Hah hah, I hear ya!  When I was a kid, I felt like I must've had a tatoo on my forehead, other kids teased me so much.  As I grew up I figured out our personalities bring out behaviors from other people.  Act like a goof ball and yeah, some people will call you a goof ball.  My dad was part of the problem, he insisted on giving me this awful haircut that made me look like a dweeble.  When I was an older teen I made the constant pronouncement that I no longer desired to fit in or do things socially, and yet, what did I do?  Grow long hair, get it braided by the girls, and wear elephant bell bottoms I sewed by hand.  We all do for others, but often we do it for specific others in spite of other others.

Catsmile

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 27, 2015, 01:35:46 PM
I am going to quote Mr. Bell here, live and let live. You're right those were my choices,and they were awesome ones!  ;D

What the...  inked up, gay, ginger, who is slinking around on other sites! How in the world can a fine, upstanding moral pillar of the community, such as myself lust after nude pics of someone who does that? I bet you like spanking ass, or getting your ass spanked, don't you? You are going on all kinds of "mental" list nao! Don't make me have to yell "get off my lawn, as I shake my cane at you."

At least you didn't make a book with sparkly vampires... so you've got that going for you.
Now I need those nude pics more than ever... to "pray over"... to save your lost soul of course.

... Live and let live? What kind of pansy subscribes to such nonsense? Next thing you know God will come up with some limp-wristed idea such as. Do not judge lest ye be judged. What a crock of shit! God is going on my "mental" list also!

ge30542

Last night I heard Mr. Bell interviewing Emmanuel McLittle. FASCINATING.
I recommend that show if you can find it. Mr. McLittle stayed for all 5 hours, great show.
I'd like to hear Mr. Bell do a new show with him.

Art Bell

I don't know about rights but I think I know about Souls (if they are real). When I look into my cat's eyes they look just as deep as a Humans, they have joy, happiness, sadness, jealousy, love and on and on. If we have Souls, so do they. That should start a good fight.

Art

jazmunda

This conversation about tattoos on this thread would not be complete without asking Art if he has any tattoos and where? I'll take my answer offline. :P ;)

ge30542

I don't know about rights but I think I know about Souls (if they are real). When I look into my cat's eyes they look just as deep as a Humans, they have joy, happiness, sadness, jealousy, love and on and on. If we have Souls, so do they. That should start a good fight.

Art

Cats have souls like reptilians, dogs have souls like cute, cuddly grays.

dan7800

Speaking of good shows... Does anyone here enjoy RCH? To me, he is right up there with the numbers lady and they belong on C2C & not on Art's good show.

ge30542

In my book, RCH is a MUST for the first week of MITD.

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 03:40:51 PM

Art

I'm not convinced that we have souls but agree with you that if we do then they must too.

I loved that show you did with the guy that claimed that plants have souls too. Interesting thought next time I blend spinach and kale into my smoothies.

coaster

Art
I've had pets that have had more feeling, character and depth than many people that I know. If there is such a thing as a soul, than animals have to have the purest, most innocent souls ever, not shitty souls corrupted by the lives that we humans lead.

laserjock

Indeed, cats and dogs (and cows and chickens and horses and so on) have souls, they feel things like anger, jealousy, and even nurturing love.  Some try to claim that their prescience tells them that they can somehow devine that this is not the case.  Yeah?  Hogwash.  I used to have a wolf huskie mix, he had soul in spades, his eyes had that thing you are talking about, Art.  A very knowing gaze.  He'd trot right up to people and mimic human voice and try and literally talk.  It was cool, we don't know what he was trying to say but he had a lot TO say.  (Probably "daddy, don't get tattoos!")  Ok, just kidding.  Live and let live, yes, that is the way.  I have 5 best friends who are LGBT (have more friends that are than that actually) and it's who they are, it doesn't affect me at all and they are great people.  But if someone is covered in tats I do give pause for at least a moment, don't condemn me for it.

aldousburbank

I had a dog that was the wisest person I knew.

PChirp

Quote from: coaster on March 27, 2015, 03:52:16 PM
I've had pets that have had more feeling, character and depth than many people that I know. If there is such a thing as a soul, than animals have to have the purest, most innocent souls ever, not shitty souls corrupted by the lives that we humans lead.

+1 Coaster ----totally agree with you

DesertFox

Art

I think all beings that are conscious have souls including your cats.

DesertFox

Quote from: jazmunda on March 27, 2015, 03:47:31 PM
I'm not convinced that we have souls but agree with you that if we do then they must too.

I loved that show you did with the guy that claimed that plants have souls too. Interesting thought next time I blend spinach and kale into my smoothies.

Well, Aussies don't have souls.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: DesertFox on March 27, 2015, 04:08:59 PM

Well, Aussies don't have souls.

Wait... I always thought it was the gingers that had no souls. You mean those who live down under don't either? Crikey.

Catsmile

Art

Everything has a "Soul" or more exactly a Kami; people, animals, plants, dirt, rocks, water, air, stars, eveything. At least that is what my old animist Shinto "soul" tells me.

coaster

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 27, 2015, 04:16:29 PM
Wait... I always thought it was the gingers that had no souls. You mean those who live down under don't either? Crikey.
If you ever see a ginger Aussie, you run like the devil. Eaters of souls them folks.

Ms. C

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 27, 2015, 03:57:38 PM
I had a dog that was the wisest person I knew.

and I HAVE a dog that is the wisest person I know!!!!!!

and his eyes ... oh my ... right into the soul   :)