• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Pale Horse

Quote from: b_dubb on March 27, 2015, 10:22:09 AM
You heard it here .... Art is a member of the Illuminati!

Please tell us? Please please?

Effing knew it. The man shines too brightly and knows too much to be a regular citizen.

Quote from: YNOT on March 27, 2015, 09:35:03 AM
Here is the Whois record

http://whois.domaintools.com/midnightdesert.com

The IP address 104.28.3.13 shown there points to Southern California when plugged into here: http://104.28.3.13.ipaddress.com/#ipinfo

Hmmm, now that's interesting...

Could it be Premiere Radio is behind this?  Trying to deflect traffic away from here to a fake BS forum with hardly any posters?

Zoom on the map to level 17, it shows the exact location of the server.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 27, 2015, 10:40:07 AM

Effing knew it. The man shines too brightly and knows too much to be a regular citizen.
[attachimg=1]

Pale Horse

Quote from: bateman on March 26, 2015, 11:23:18 PM
I would still listen to Midnight 7PM in the Convalescent Home.

Me too. Think of all the paranormal experiences from dementia patients-- it's a gold mine.

YNOT

Quote from: Northern Nights on March 27, 2015, 10:49:40 AM
The IP address 104.28.3.13 shown there points to Southern California when plugged into here: http://104.28.3.13.ipaddress.com/#ipinfo

Hmmm, now that's interesting...

Could it be Premiere Radio is behind this?  Trying to deflect traffic away from here to a fake BS forum with hardly any posters?

Zoom on the map to level 17, it shows the exact location of the server.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the location. The website is routed through CloudFlare which is a Web firewall/accelerator...
Which once I just looked into it means the reverse lookup is I posted is meaningless.

But Bob Bain has his own little paranormal show so I assume he is just trying to get some PR for his stuff, from Art Bell fans.

Pale Horse

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 27, 2015, 10:08:09 AMIt sounds like it belongs alongside the Human Waste Chili Maker ('yes, just crap in a can and in 30 minutes you'll have delicious tasting chili').

You can also make homemade pizza rolls with it.

YNOT

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 27, 2015, 10:56:13 AM
Me too. Think of all the paranormal experiences from dementia patients-- it's a gold mine.

That reminds me of something I came across a while back.
He would be a good guest on Coast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAkGQ7ZZ8D4

Pale Horse

Will the tenth poster on the thousandth page win a prize of some sort? I assume. MV?

Pale Horse

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 27, 2015, 10:51:21 AM
[attachimg=1]
Danggit, where are my Hoffman lenses? Always misplacing them at crucial times. Now, I'm gonna have to climb back in my sense-dep chamber and remote-view those bitches. Again.

Art Bell

I have always thought that good radio is good radio, meaning so much of what we do in a show like this can not be known to be true, like God or the After Life, or the Devil or little green men. Even things in science that seem to be true one day and not the next. If it is a well told story and it is entertaining I let it be told, if my BS meter hits the peg I say so. So there is no exact rule for what makes a good show, you know it when you hear it. If a Guest wants to hang themself and it's funny just keep giving them more rope, it is for the listener to decide, if they are not at least entertaining then I will decide.

Art

YNOT

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 11:53:04 AM
I have always thought that good radio is good radio, meaning so much of what we do in a show like this can not be known to be true, like God or the After Life, or the Devil or little green men. Even things in science that seem to be true one day and not the next. If it is a well told story and it is entertaining I let it be told, if my BS meter hits the peg I say so. So there is no exact rule for what makes a good show, you know it when you hear it. If a Guest wants to hang themself and it's funny just keep giving them more rope, it is for the listener to decide, if they are not at least entertaining then I will decide.

Art

I agree completely, and you've stated this many times on your show in one way or another.

Sometimes those tall tales make for Great Radio.  And you've never protected your guests from poignant questions from the callers or yourself, IMO.

phrodo

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 11:53:04 AM

Art

Art -- That's a big part of what makes your shows soooo entertaining. Mel's Hole, Madman Marcum, and Bugs' Bigfoot are prime examples of whopper tales that pegged the BS meter but nonetheless were classic entertainment.

smithy

Quote from: YNOT on March 27, 2015, 11:11:31 AM
I wouldn't put too much stock in the location. The website is routed through CloudFlare which is a Web firewall/accelerator...
Which once I just looked into it means the reverse lookup is I posted is meaningless.

But Bob Bain has his own little paranormal show so I assume he is just trying to get some PR for his stuff, from Art Bell fans.

None of us know what's going on behind the scenes with Art Bell's legal transactions but this Bob Bain effort and the date he purchased the site name in March 2015 could easily land him a cease & desist if Art does go with Midnight in the Desert. When things are discussed in a forum like this you actually would expect opportunists to rush and try to grab a piece of the action. However, can they afford the attorney fees to fight it when they are infringing on someone else's trademark? Usually not, but they hope the entity they are infringing on will not pursue it. They typically hedge their bets and disappear when the heat gets turned on.   This guy is using the guise of a forum but appears to be doing a domain forward on his self-promotion website.

I guess it will all play out when Art makes his announcement of the program, name, etc. Right now Bob Bain has no way of really knowing if the show is going to be called that name he purchased. He is just hoping to get in on the land rush. Is it sleazy?

YNOT

Speaking of Great Radio, I've always loved the Mr Fidget episode. A prime example of Art's mastery at making almost anything interesting.

laserjock

Art, about giving guests enough rope:  Would you consider inviting guests who are pro Monsanto/Roundup/Glyphosate and anti to discuss what is happening to our food supply.

http://qz.com/367986/a-who-report-says-a-monsanto-weed-killer-ingredient-is-probably-causing-cancer/

This guy would be a really fantastic guest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiU3Ndi6itk

If there is any cutting edge topic that involves something almost conspiratorial, it's stuff about our food supply.  Many still don't take the issues seriously simply because they haven't been exposed to what is actually happening.

Almost all corn and soy, and the meats produced from corn and soy are GMO now, and I used to think GMO was a good thing, that anything that improves yield and feeds the world is good, but now that I know about glyphosate and GMO foods and how they are hand in hand and how we are being poisoned, I'm worried something awful. 

Art, you take on topics others don't dare take on, please take on the food supply issue, give all sides a voice in it, but we need to have people learn about this.

laserjock

Quote from: phrodo on March 27, 2015, 12:15:18 PM
Art -- That's a big part of what makes your shows soooo entertaining. Mel's Hole, Madman Marcum, and Bugs' Bigfoot are prime examples of whopper tales that pegged the BS meter but nonetheless were classic entertainment.

In my first marriage I had a thing I shared with my step daughters when they were kids.  I told them "tall tales", deliberately exagerated stories of very unlikely things in "history" and they'd listen with undevided attention and would always say "DADDY, that's not true" and I'd always wink and tell them, "well, of course it's true, it's a tall tale!"  They loved the heck out of my story telling, I miss those days.  Crazy B.S. stories can be a lot of fun so long as we keep in mind it's just a story.  After all, most of what we see from Hollywood is B.S. story telling.  Take the very popular movie _Bridge Over The River Kwai_, the story as told is incredibly untrue and not at all what really took place, but it made good cinema.  It's the _ART_ of talk!!!

BTW, another fun thing I did with my girls was the three of us would compete with coming up with grotesque food combinations, such as chocolate chip Salmon...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 27, 2015, 11:22:27 AM
Will the tenth poster on the thousandth page win a prize of some sort?

An autographed photo of Larry Silverstein and the redacted sections of the 9/11 report.

rzr1911

Quote from: dan7800 on March 27, 2015, 07:47:56 AM
Yea, no more Jonathan Reed or obvious hoaxers like that. We don't need to hear their fake story for the 100th time.
No more RCH. That guy belongs with Joorch.
You're right on Dr. Reed. (unless he wants to come on to debunk his own story)
You're wrong about RCH though.
RCH belongs to nobody but himself. And he is a very likeable guy, smart, can talk for hours, and he usually comes up with a new story always. He's entertaining for the people who believe his stories as well as those who don't.
Luckily for Art Bell and the listeners is that there are 100s of interesting people who've never been on C2C/DL/DM ever. Some are listed in this thread: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,7497.0.html

ponyboysunset

I am on the other board, and have been on this one for three years, and in no way am associated with premier. They are kind, friendly people. Not everyone is cut out for this board, so I dont' see anything wrong with someone else having another Art Bell fan board. After all, aren't we all here or there because we love Art and want to promote his new show? I don't dig the whole us and them vibe.

I also saw something the other day I was going to let go, but decided I can't. I am sleeved (tattoo wise)on one side, worked at Chrysler Financial for damned near 10 years, and have a degree in English from Wayne State, and also have held my current job for almost 4. So please don't judge someone based on their appearance.

laserjock

Judging people comes from the concept of using "good judgement", that is, making assessments based on what our senses tell us about our surroundings.  IF someone goes out of their way to behave as though they are on the fringe, even if they aren't, they are deliberately sending signals to others, and what purpose does that serve?  Some of it is attention getting stuff, and does say something about the persons involved.

Personally, I dislike ink on human skin, and I dislike graffiti also.  For me, it's like how male dogs pee to create the illusion of something being "their territory".  Marking up what God made perfectly to start with sends alarm bells going off in my head.  Why put graffiti all over yourself if you are already just fine as it is?

I will only judge you for using or not using judgement in your choices.  Putting ink and holes all over one's body does say things about them, and getting mad at some people who don't like that is like forcing others to do your bidding.  If we don't like it, it is our right to feel that way, and you are forcing us with your hand.  It's like farting on purpose in public.  It is unfair to expect others to not react to behavior that is either fringe or attention getting.

Don't judge me?  Then don't bring it upon yourself by acting out.

Art Bell

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 27, 2015, 01:06:36 PM
I am on the other board, and have been on this one for three years, and in no way am associated with premier. They are kind, friendly people. Not everyone is cut out for this board, so I dont' see anything wrong with someone else having another Art Bell fan board. After all, aren't we all here or there because we love Art and want to promote his new show? I don't dig the whole us and them vibe.

I also saw something the other day I was going to let go, but decided I can't. I am sleeved (tattoo wise)on one side, worked at Chrysler Financial for damned near 10 years, and have a degree in English from Wayne State, and also have held my current job for almost 4. So please don't judge someone based on their appearance.

I am sure that boards will pop up, it's ok. He is right, this board is not for everybody! There are limits of course but basically live and let live.

Art

Skunk Ape

Hey Art have you read about the new Facebook Internet drone?

Wingspan of a 747 and lighter than a car. Able to fly at 60,000 ft for months at a time. This is crazy.

http://gizmodo.com/facebooks-internet-laser-drones-and-everything-you-mis-1693929396

ponyboysunset

Quote from: laserjock on March 27, 2015, 01:25:28 PM
Judging people comes from the concept of using "good judgement", that is, making assessments based on what our senses tell us about our surroundings.  IF someone goes out of their way to behave as though they are on the fringe, even if they aren't, they are deliberately sending signals to others, and what purpose does that serve?  Some of it is attention getting stuff, and does say something about the persons involved.

Personally, I dislike ink on human skin, and I dislike graffiti also.  For me, it's like how male dogs pee to create the illusion of something being "their territory".  Marking up what God made perfectly to start with sends alarm bells going off in my head.  Why put graffiti all over yourself if you are already just fine as it is?

I will only judge you for using or not using judgement in your choices.  Putting ink and holes all over one's body does say things about them, and getting mad at some people who don't like that is like forcing others to do your bidding.  If we don't like it, it is our right to feel that way, and you are forcing us with your hand.  It's like farting on purpose in public.  It is unfair to expect others to not react to behavior that is either fringe or attention getting.

Don't judge me?  Then don't bring it upon yourself by acting out.

I am going to quote Mr. Bell here, live and let live. You're right those were my choices,and they were awesome ones!  ;D

coaster

Jonathan Reed is still a slimy asshole. You have to have some integrity when it comes to guests.

laserjock

Live and let live.  I try to go by that, but with some things it ain't easy for me.  Like a former friend that was into bondage crap, it made me very uncomfortable.  I appreciate live and let live, and I try and go by that credo, but sometimes it's hard to do so.

Another forum springing up when a topic is already well covered I find irritating.  They are either being opportunists or trying to steal a fire, and in either case, I don't like it.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 01:29:02 PM
I am sure that boards will pop up, it's ok. He is right, this board is not for everybody! There are limits of course but basically live and let live.

Art

Thanks Art for saying that. I am not associated directly as in run the other board or anything like that. I joined as I like to be part of any community that is discussing good, strong talk radio as not many of you are left!

Besides, I have to shamelessly promote my book anywhere I can, as I am an unknown.

Pretty cool to have direct interaction with you Art. Thanks for making my day! ;D

ponyboysunset

Quote from: laserjock on March 27, 2015, 01:38:38 PM
Live and let live.  I try to go by that, but with some things it ain't easy for me.  Like a former friend that was into bondage crap, it made me very uncomfortable.  I appreciate live and let live, and I try and go by that credo, but sometimes it's hard to do so.

Another forum springing up when a topic is already well covered I find irritating.  They are either being opportunists or trying to steal a fire, and in either case, I don't like it.

All of us have things that make us uncomfortable, I get that. That tattoo culture is very different now, that is why I defend it. But I shouldn't, I mean really, why? Like everyone I have things that get under my skin. (ha! bad pun) And not being a religious woman, I see why we have such different views. My tattoos are pieces of my life, that I now have forever. Reminders. A human scrap book. As for getting attention, never once did I get one for that reason. And at 39 if I am doing something for attention that would just be sad now, wouldn't it?

As for the other board, I just found them this year. They were around during dark matter too from what I read. I just didn't see anyone doing anything wrong, and the interaction I had there was very different than here. You gotta have some thick skin (sorry there I go again) to survive here.

That being said, groove on laser.

VegasI15

Speaking of people who hang themselves on air, I had to share this aircheck.  The host is Golden Delicious from KTKK in Salt Lake City.  Listen as he gives his audience permission to turn off the radio and watch a movie on TV.  He's unique to say the least.

[attachurl=1]

ManiacMatt

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 27, 2015, 01:06:36 PM
I don't dig the whole us and them vibe.

I am sleeved...

Hey, PBS!  You're either with us or against us!  There's no other forum!  :P

Please share a picture of your tattoos!  I would love to see them.  A good friend of mine, who has a lot of tats, was sitting at a bar and he struck up a conversation with a woman.  The conversation was going well until she started bashing people with tats.  As she was talking, my friend lifted his sleeve to reveal one of his tats.  She quietly walked away.  People are strange.

coaster

Around the beginning of March, we were talking about the Mars One mission in this thread. I just read an interesting article about how it was one big scam designed to make money. https://medium.com/matter/mars-one-insider-quits-dangerously-flawed-project-2dfef95217d3
""Community members” can redeem points by purchasing merchandise like T-shirts, hoodies, and posters. dealing with press requests- “If you are offered payment for an interview then feel free to accept it. We do kindly ask for you to donate 75% of your profit to Mars One. The result, said Roche, is that high-profile prospects â€" including those in a list of “Top 10 hopefuls” published last month in The Guardian â€" are, in fact, simply the people who have generated the most money for Mars One.”