• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Nick el Ass

Quote from: popple on March 25, 2015, 10:46:21 PM
Well, I need a butter ribbon 11 feet long.

If only there was an 11 foot piece of corn, or a big enough slice of bread I'm all fore it. Knives are dangerous... and we sure don't want the terrorist to get their hands on our butter knives.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 25, 2015, 09:43:10 PM
Yeah come on over people, we need some new members posting.... Don't be shy, they even let the not so bright people, like me post here.
A chance to participate in Mr Art Bell's return to broadcasting, is one very special thing, be part of it.

They even let spiders join ;D

morgana213

Quote from: Borris_the_Spider on March 26, 2015, 12:07:47 AM

They even let spiders join ;D
And girls who like robots...except for that terminator guy...

Nick el Ass

Quote from: morgana213 on March 26, 2015, 12:15:22 AM

What about girls who are robots?

Heather Wade

Quote from: morgana213 on March 26, 2015, 12:15:22 AM

And dudes who like lovely green ladies.

SaucyRossy

Had some thing odd happen to me tonight. Tried watching the Ed Snowden documentary on HBO GO and it kept crashing and stopping every few minutes until finally it said HBO go wasn't available. So I try the wire, game of thrones, the jinx, and a ton of movies and they all load up super fast and play with no problem. Go back to Citizen Four and it gives me the error message every time.

Just something to share.

Edit: before any one asks, I checked my connection, checked my router, did all the normal tests. Nothing wrong.

popple

As a hedgehog I've felt pretty welcome here.

Hedgehogs are so cute, i've wanted to have one as a pet. They're vegan right? Just want to make sure I won't get eaten.

popple

Quote from: Borris_the_Spider on March 26, 2015, 01:11:34 AM
Hedgehogs are so cute, i've wanted to have one as a pet. They're vegan right? Just want to make sure I won't get eaten.
Hedgehogs eat mealworms & some other insects, but mostly cat food. Just pack some Friskies.

Hopefully since I've made top right corner someone comes out with a Butter Butler that can produce an 11 foot ribbon. THIS IS 2015!!!!

Faustina

After six years of a Tracfone, non-smart, that I paid $10 a month for, I finally gave in and got a smart phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and a plan with unlimited data.  The sound from its built in speaker isn't all that great, so I bought a Sony Bluetooth speaker to pair with it:  it boosts the sound 50-fold and improves bass response immensely too.  Next step:  to get a Bluetooth speaker for the car so that I can listen to online streaming radio there, too.  I'll do so before Art returns hopefully in July.

Any recommendations for affordable car Bluetooth speakers?  It would be nice not to have to pay to have it installed.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 25, 2015, 11:00:47 PM
My favorite thing about Alex Jones is the insane conspiracy that he is Bill Hicks and some day he will reveal Alex Jones was an Andy Kaufman level stunt.

That's mainly because Bill Hicks IS still alive.

IT'S REAL!!!! IT'S REAL!!!! IT'S REAL!!!! IT'S REAL!!!! IT'S REAL!!!! IT'S REAL!!!! IT'S REAL!!!!
Queen Beatrix Bohemian Grove George Bush Devil Sacrifice UK Paedophile Bilderberg Group
Alright, I'm gonna shut up now. I promised I was going to go to the phones. I see Bill & Bob we're going to you next. (meanwhile, 1-1/2 hours later he gets to them)
All making the man a Millionaire several times spouting disinfo on disinfo.

ShayP

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 25, 2015, 10:35:18 PM

Would you settle for the Butter Butler?

I can't possibly catch up on this thread now after seeing this.  Most of these gadgets are a waste, but for some reason this seems so.....practical.  I could get two and put cream cheese in one.  Schmear for my bagels will be so easy.   :D

Lunger

Quote from: Cwn Annwn on March 25, 2015, 01:41:07 PM
Same goes for Gillian Anderson, though I think a Chris Carter interview might be more engaging. Anderson is interested in all kinds of weird crap, and Carter is probably more into this stuff than he lets on in most public interviews. It would be neat to see whether he'd take a clearer stance on anything interesting.

She (was/is) working on a series in London.  Maybe living there is wearing off on her. 

Some kind of English crime drama.  Its on NetFlix, but I got bored with it after a few episodes.

Lunger

Quote from: Art Bell on March 25, 2015, 08:39:12 PM

As far as what I was told about the 3rd Secret, yes it It is different or I would just point to what the Vatican realeased, which as you point out was far from what the Father said which was imagian the worst thing you can....it's worse then that. I gave my word to him.

Art

The Third Secret?  Basically, isn't it that we are children of Lucifer and that we are worshiping the wrong God?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Faustina on March 26, 2015, 01:43:53 AM
After six years of a Tracfone, non-smart, that I paid $10 a month for, I finally gave in and got a smart phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and a plan with unlimited data.  The sound from its built in speaker isn't all that great, so I bought a Sony Bluetooth speaker to pair with it:  it boosts the sound 50-fold and improves bass response immensely too.  Next step:  to get a Bluetooth speaker for the car so that I can listen to online streaming radio there, too.  I'll do so before Art returns hopefully in July.

Any recommendations for affordable car Bluetooth speakers?  It would be nice not to have to pay to have it installed.

Do you have an aux mini stereo input jack built into your car?
Or a cassette tape player? Or FM radio only?

If any of above, there are many different ways to use your car speakers with your phone, using mini stereo wires for direct wire or a blue tooth adapter for a wireless set up

Or you can use your existing Sony blue tooth speaker in your car with a 12 volt power adapter. 2 ways to achieve that with a 120 volts adapter or 12 volts adapter. 

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 26, 2015, 01:02:45 AM
Had some thing odd happen to me tonight. Tried watching the Ed Snowden documentary on HBO GO and it kept crashing and stopping every few minutes until finally it said HBO go wasn't available. So I try the wire, game of thrones, the jinx, and a ton of movies and they all load up super fast and play with no problem. Go back to Citizen Four and it gives me the error message every time.

Just something to share.

Edit: before any one asks, I checked my connection, checked my router, did all the normal tests. Nothing wrong.

Yep... and how about the problem with streaming programs during peek period watching times.

and those ridiculous Smart TVs interfaces and searches engines. Or Ruko doesn't have Youtube but Smart TVs do. Or Smart TVs don't have HBOgo but Ruko does.

On and on it goes, dagnab-it, I long for the simpler days of dumb TVs, Phones, and Radios.

Not really, last year took a trip in our little go anywhere Motor Home/Jeep combo, from Wisconsin to Big Bend National Park in Texas. Wife had knee injury so wanted to lay down and rest it rather than being in passenger seat. She watched non-stop streaming Roku box shows on flat screen/surround sound, via 3G air card and wireless 12 volt router,  without a streaming hitch from Wisconsin to mid Texas.

At night while driving, I listened to streams of Art's old broadcasts or lighted up the CB air waves by 'trolling' truckers.
Truckers can be lots of fun if get the right mix talking back and forth.

Have gun(s) will travel

Over night in route at a Walmart     

sorefinger

I live in a remote area of the Southwest desert, connected to the internet via a wireless connection to my G4 phone.  I have an unlimited data plan, however, it's only a G2 connection from a cell tower, which is powered by propane (refueled by helicopter), high atop a mountain 20 miles away.  IOW, the only way I can enjoy radio, without the dreaded buffering from Hell, is to select a station with a low bitrate. Fortunately, most Talk, News and PBS stations use low bit rates.  Music stations, as a rule, use 128k and higher, making G2 reception impossible without buffering.  Still, G2 outshines the old and expensive satellite internet, which I hated for making me a shut-in whenever I preferred going outside or on the road.  I've never felt more liberated, after going wireless. The smartphone, like the wheel, is here to stay.

SredniVashtar

Art, when you got bored with doing the standard talk radio style format and switched to the paranormal, did you listen to any other broadcasters who had done something similar? The only two I can think of who did anything remotely like Coast were Long John Nebel and Bill Jenkins. It must have been quite a risk at the time to do something that was so totally (ahem) alien to radio audiences.

laserjock

Quote from: Danger!UFO on March 25, 2015, 07:26:25 PM
Art, I couldn't agree more. I like to collect radios. when I go to a flea market I can never pass an old trans oceanic radio or a multi band radio without checking it out. My favorite is a General Electric 10 band radio from the 1970's. I had great time tuning in radio shows and listening to police calls. These radios are still out there on Ebay which is were I bought one. It's sad but yes AM radio is fading away. FM will be next. There's nothing good to listen to anymore, anyway.

NOW the Ipod is my new transistor radio. Listing to the Dark Matter Radio Network as I type this. I use Tunein to listen but I recently discovered Stitcher. This IS the new radio. Looking forward to 'Midnight in the Desert'!

I wish I still have my Blaupunkt SW/AM/FM radio I had as a kid.  It used tubes.  IT stayed turned on all day and night, listened to classical music while sleeping and hunted around the short wave from time to time.  I loved that radio.

Art Bell

I heard long John when I was a Kid, listened with a (7) Transistor Radio! However I do not think it was part of the reason I made the switch, I just got bored with the usual crushingly boring stuff. When I did make the change I think my Employers wanted to fire me but the ratings were so high and the phones went so wild they just shook their heads.

Art

YNOT

Quote from: Art Bell on March 26, 2015, 11:46:54 AM
I heard long John when I was a Kid, listened with a (7) Transistor Radio! However I do not think it was part of the reason I made the switch, I just got bored with the usual crushingly boring stuff. When I did make the change I think my Employers wanted to fire me but the ratings were so high and the phones went so wild they just shook their heads.

Art

But why the paranormal? Did you already have more than a passing interest in the  subject matter, or just a hunch it would  be popular?

BTW, about 116 days to July 20th....Its gonna feel like 116 years lol.

LadyFish

Quote from: sorefinger on March 25, 2015, 11:01:35 PM

I recall as a kid listening to KOMA (Oklahoma City, I think), 1000 miles across the prairie, coming in crystal clear, all night long, every night. 

The iconic KOMA towers came down last night. In recent years two nearby EF5 tornados couldn't take them down. They were done in by a weaker, likely EF2, tornado. Two towers completely down & the third tower broken in half, with the top half dangling.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: ShayP on March 26, 2015, 05:27:38 AM
I can't possibly catch up on this thread now after seeing this.  Most of these gadgets are a waste, but for some reason this seems so.....practical.  I could get two and put cream cheese in one.  Schmear for my bagels will be so easy.   :D

Behold the power of the Butter Butler.

munbeam666

Art
I used to listen to Hilly Rose in LA, who would often talk about paranormal stuff.

codewrangler

Quote from: Art Bell on March 25, 2015, 02:29:53 PM
Good try, never anywhere.

Art

Regarding the Ouija board....back in High School, I once touched the planchet on a Ouija board and it melted...I never touched one again...I took it as a warning....

CodeWrangler

codewrangler

Quote from: Art Bell on March 23, 2015, 11:30:26 AM
Not sure it could be done, seems like there would be conflicting games? I want a NFL team in Las Vegas!!

Art

We had a pro team in Vegas for a couple of years...they were pretty good...the league has since disbanded...there is also a new AFL (Arena Football Team) in Las Vegas...it's owned by Vince Neil (Motley Crue Singer). :-)

CodeWrangler

Marc.Knight

Art

The difference now at C2C is that rather than talking ABOUT the paranormal, Dave IS paranormal.  Slightly different take on things.

Albemuth

Art,
wondering if the guy from Texas that allegedly/supposedly shot the Bigfoot creature in the thicket (along with it’s charging mate, I think) ever did mail you the map to the location where the corpses were? (I thought he indicated he was going to do that. I could be mis-remembering this though.) Thanks in advance.