• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

nika01

Quote from: Art Bell on March 24, 2015, 01:53:09 PM
I have said if George Knapp was the full time guy I would stay Retired because the show would be in good hands and that will continue to be true right up to the moment I sign my ten Year NC.

Art

You devil. Hmm, if that happened, and you have already committed.... Cool

bateman

For your listening pleasure, a new GNS compilation.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: bateman on March 24, 2015, 02:13:54 PM

I heard the "Butt-f*cked by a martian" the day after it happened, and nearly choked on my coffee at work. If I remember correctly he was promoting some crappy geo-cacheing app that could see ghosts or something. 

Maybe a month or two after that, a woman called claiming that she had been raped by ETs when she was younger and got the fetus aborted. That lead to an awkward conversation that ended with the woman thinking she'd ruined the show and Dave saying "We just usually don't talk about abortion on this program"

If Art coming back was never going to be an option I'd be all for Knapp five days a week and would listen to him every night, but all things being equal I'd much rather listen to Art. Which...I guess...puts me in the odd position of wanting Coast to keep Dave forever so we get to hear Art again?

popple

OMG him trying to save the ISIS thing and "don't worry about that, it didn't get on thomas. not at all". What about the  guy who called in and addressed him as Dave and then at the end he was like "Thank yew.... gabber"

That clip of Dave basically saying he hopes ISIS is already in America is one of the most awkward, uncomfortable pieces of audio I have ever heard. Pretty much "Peak Dave" material,

popple

We need a haters compilation some day. GREAT WORK BATEMAN!  8)

phrodo

Damn what a black hole of suckage.  :o

What a wigtard.

smithy

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on March 24, 2015, 02:36:36 PM
If Art coming back was never going to be an option I'd be all for Knapp five days a week and would listen to him every night, but all things being equal I'd much rather listen to Art. Which...I guess...puts me in the odd position of wanting Coast to keep Dave forever so we get to hear Art again?

I used to think that way.  But imagine a show with fewer ads and Art Bell.  Midnight in the Desert is going to spoil everyone and they'll never look back.

nbirnes

Quote from: Skunk Ape on March 24, 2015, 12:23:33 PM
It does sound like someone who was sleep-talking. I'm glad Dave didn't wake him up over the phone or someone could have been hurt.

Have you already covered the conspiracy angle? Coast would be the perfect choice to test the effect, perhaps at a low-enough level?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1373073/Are-secret-U-S-army-tests-blame-TV-presenters-speaking-utter-gibberish.html

analog kid

Knapp filling in as guest host on MITD occasionally, if need be, would be awesome.

The show getting to the point where it could steal Knapp from Coast entirely would be delicious.

laserjock

Whoever this Fort guy is, I won't read your posts because I don't like being yelled at.  Stop using all caps, it's irritating.

bateman

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on March 24, 2015, 02:37:53 PM
That clip of Dave basically saying he hopes ISIS is already in America is one of the most awkward, uncomfortable pieces of audio I have ever heard. Pretty much "Peak Dave" material,

You want awkward? I heard this Shirley MacLaine "interview" live and practically crashed my car I was laughing so hard. First he gets caught lying about reading her book.

bateman

Second, she's hacking up a lung, so he goes to "those omphen lines" to save him, and of course it's the usual pool of retards. What amazes me is that the board op didn't pot her down. And of course Jorch has no idea how to handle the whole thing.

laserjock

Noory, you're such a fraud.  I remember hearing that show I think.

analog kid

Quote from: bateman on March 24, 2015, 03:52:38 PM
You want awkward? I heard this Shirley MacLaine "interview" live and practically crashed my car I was laughing so hard. First he gets caught lying about reading her book.

Oh no. That first clip was enough for me. Can't do it.

Heather Wade

Quote from: laserjock on March 24, 2015, 03:38:27 PM
Whoever this Fort guy is, I won't read your posts because I don't like being yelled at.  Stop using all caps, it's irritating.

It's part of his charm.  Just respond to him in all caps so he understands, mmm kay?

karios8

Quote from: laserjock on March 24, 2015, 03:38:27 PM

A FortRock post that isn't all caps!? I WON'T STAND FOR IT!!!

laserjock

I almost did, but I'm not an internet late bloomer, I was using the internet long before the web so I'll leave him to act like an amateur, but I won't read his posts, just like I don't read walls of text.  If a person isn't courteous enough to write with the good manners needed to deserve an audience, to heck with them.  Wanna type like a child?  Expect to be ignored.

jazmunda

Who's that cutie pie at the beginning?

WOTR

Guest "I didn't even finish it until August."

Jorch: "That's AMAZING.  Well. T-T-The write up says... um, umph, hmmm... Yeah, its, it's in the write up.  But I'll, I'll send that...

And another intern bites the dust.  Jorch's poor fact checkers have to be more careful.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: laserjock on March 24, 2015, 04:20:23 PM
Wanna type like a child?  Expect to be ignored.

It's a character though...

jazmunda

Quote from: wotr1 on March 24, 2015, 04:33:28 PM
And another intern bites the dust.  Jorch's poor fact checkers have to be more careful.

I don't think that was an interns mistake. That sounded like pure Dave. He was caught in a lie and couldn't back peddle fast enough and kept getting called out for lie after lie and then just said that that's what someone had written. He's a dullard who can't think on his feet.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: laserjock on March 24, 2015, 04:20:23 PM
I almost did, but I'm not an internet late bloomer, I was using the internet long before the web so I'll leave him to act like an amateur, but I won't read his posts, just like I don't read walls of text.  If a person isn't courteous enough to write with the good manners needed to deserve an audience, to heck with them.  Wanna type like a child?  Expect to be ignored.

GRANDPA ARE YOU HAVING A BAD DAY? GRANDPA ARE YOU HAVING A BAD DAY? GRANDPA ARE YOU HAVING A BAD DAY?
GRANDPA ARE YOU HAVING A BAD DAY? GRANDPA ARE YOU HAVING A BAD DAY? GRANDPA ARE YOU HAVING A BAD DAY?
GRANDPA ARE YOU HAVING A BAD DAY? GRANDPA ARE YOU HAVING A BAD DAY? GRANDPA YOU ARE HAVING A BAD DAY! 

DesertFox

Speaking of great paranormal returns--first we get the Great Art Bell AND now the return of The X-FILES:

coming back probably next Summer(or maybe a little earlier) for 6 episodes with Scully and Mulder.  The stars are aligning folks, the stars are aligning.

VegasI15

I was about to watch the movie "Grumpy Old Men."  But then I read the forum...sigh...guess I don't really need to watch that now do I?

ponyboysunset

Best quote..."No it wasn't!" Thanks Bateman. Really funny stuff!

trust_no_one

Quote from: DesertFox on March 24, 2015, 04:58:32 PM
Speaking of great paranormal returns--first we get the Great Art Bell AND now the return of The X-FILES:

coming back probably next Summer(or maybe a little earlier) for 6 episodes with Scully and Mulder.  The stars are aligning folks, the stars are aligning.

I know - Fox confirmed the X-Files return today !   :)

Great news !

jazmunda

Art Bell and The X-Files!

The 90s Returneth.