• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

I really don't care what theme song is used but I honestly feel "The Chase" has been played out and ruined by years of association with Dave's Coast.

Someone called it a "suck alarm" and I laugh even typing that because it's so apt.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Northern Nights on March 18, 2015, 08:21:49 AM
I really don't care what theme song is used but I honestly feel "The Chase" has been played out and ruined by years of association with Dave's Coast.

Someone called it a "suck alarm" and I laugh even typing that because it's so apt.

I have to say I honestly don't know what it should be, I don't think either option is a good choice for intro music.  The Chase was fine at the time, I think with this new opportunity to change things up that opportunity should be taken to try something new.

In the end it's up to Art and whatever he decides I'll listen anyway.

Pretty sure this is the version Art used:
http://www.schmuckraker.com/chase.mp3

Ewavegeek

Finally found my way here from the twitterverse...

I think chase is great! Also sends a message.  ;)

Quote from: Ewavegeek on March 18, 2015, 10:01:57 AM
Finally found my way here from the twitterverse...

I think chase is great! Also sends a message.  ;)

Sends a big message..
Taking back the night.
And he should also steal HIS thunder MP3 file again.

HK-50

Is Ross Mitchell being considered/available to come back for the voice-overs?

Pam J

Quote from: ks3484 on March 18, 2015, 06:55:06 AM
How About
Gloria Estefan - Turn The Beat Around (Remix)

Let's change direction. Let's not go back. Let's turn things around as we head further into the 21st Century.
DEF NOT!

Pam J

Quote from: ks3484 on March 18, 2015, 07:36:07 AM
Art, I know it wasn't on the list of choices that you offered....But I think you'll understand it and get it.......

Moby ❝ One of These Mornings
DEF NOT!

soulburner

I always wanted this as the opening song:

04 Sonic Mayhem Collapse Quake 3 III

...if I'd run my own show ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Disheartened on March 17, 2015, 11:25:56 PM
I voted for The Chase. Even now when I hear that intro music on Coast I still expect to hear Art's voice next. That has never left me.

exactly.

Pam J

Quote from: soulburner on March 18, 2015, 10:47:26 AM
I always wanted this as the opening song:

04 Sonic Mayhem Collapse Quake 3 III

...if I'd run my own show ;)
DEF DEF NOT!  That's a double def not.

Pam J

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 18, 2015, 04:24:43 AM
it's not Alien technology. When you carry it in your bag or pocket unprotected, that's like wiping it with fine sandpaper all day long. Of course it gets scratches. That's like complaining to Mc Donalds that their coffee is hot.
Disagree 100%
Don't belive you know what you're talking about.  Really bad analogy too.

Pam J

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 17, 2015, 08:50:12 PM
There are a ton of Rush songs that would fit in as bumpers, Art.  It would make Terence smile on us all, it would. 
I could swear I've heard you play this one before:

Rush - Fly By Night
Jesus, that sucks

SredniVashtar

I love the whole Art/Hoagland double act. RCH can be a terrible bore if allowed to go on unchecked, but Art manages to find just the right words to piss him off. Art doesn't mind saying if he doesn't think something is right with RCH's analysis, which just makes it all the more peculiar that he allows people like Dames to get away with talking absolute bilge.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Pam J on March 18, 2015, 11:27:59 AM
Jesus, that sucks

DEF NOT

100% disagree

All that other stuff. Harumph harumph

morgana213

Quote from: The General on March 17, 2015, 05:58:09 PM
I vote for the Midnight Express CHASE.
Perhaps one of the many remixes to differentiate...
There's even one called the MIDNIGHT REMIX!!!
It gets really good but starts off slow...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0spdSuXyoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0spdSuXyoE
This remix sounds updated.  The old one, IMO, is worn out and is associated with Dave's show now. 

I like this Chase remix the best: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_jy8D9NM8s#ws

HK-50

Quote from: the_peeve on March 18, 2015, 12:41:29 AM
Art, if you do go back to The Chase, then contact Giorgio to make a new version, and this can be YOUR version. Giorgio is still producing music and having a comeback of his own. A new version is something you can nail down as something different than the Coast is using. It would remove any tackiness of being on both shows. It would be a tactful coup d'etat.

+1

aldousburbank

Quote from: morgana213 on March 18, 2015, 11:44:03 AM
This remix sounds updated.  The old one, IMO, is worn out and is associated with Dave's show now. 
Kind of like clowns and Gacey, OJ Simpson and Hertz, George Michael and gay, or Manson and Helter Skelter.

Pale Horse

Quote from: FortRock on March 17, 2015, 05:08:18 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE SCORPION ARMY:

TO MANY PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN INTO THE LACK OF FREEDOM AND INDEPENDENCE THAT CORPORATE AMERICA HAS WROGHT ON THIS WORLD. WE'RE STANDING ON THE EDGE OF A 3RD WORLD WAR NOW WITH CHINA, IRAN, AND NORTH KOREA BECAUSE OF EVIL IN ASIA, AND THE CORPORATE BOARDROOMS OF THE WEST. GEORGE NOORY, IN OF HIMSELF IS NOT EVIL, IT IS THE MONEYCHANGERS THAT OWN THE MICROPHONE HE SPEAKS THROUGH. THE RETURN OF THE FIELD MARSHALL WILL PROVIDE THAT ALTERNATE VOICE THAT WILL BECOME THE NEW MAINSTREAM IN THE AFTERMATH OF THAT E=MC2 CONFLICT THAT COMES SOON! PRAY FOR OUR ELECTROMAGNETIC VICTORY OF TRUTH, WE THE COLLECTIVE SCORPION ARMY WILL ASSIST IN THE REBUILDING OUR WORLD IN A PUREHEART. WE HAVE A TWIST TO OUR HUMOR BECAUSE WE KNOW THERE IS NO "ILLUMINATE" BUT A CONTROLLING MAFIA WORLDWIDE THAT HATES EVERY MAN, WOMAN, AND CHILD THAT IS NOT "THEM"! WE ARE BEGINNING TO TAKE BACK OUR WORLD, BUT MUSHROOMS ARE COMING WITH "THE NINE", TO END THE REIGN OF TERROR OF THAT HATE-FILLED MAFIA. FROM OUR BASE IN PAHRUMP WE WILL TOUCH SOULS, TO ALLOW THEM TO EXPERIENCE THE FREEDOM AWAY FROM ENSLAVING MAFIAS! WE WILL HAVE OUR VICTORY BECAUSE OF ART, AND ALL OF US. GO FORWARD AS SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF A NEW AGE, WITH A RISING SPACE FORCE OF PEACEFUL EXPLORATION! HERE IS SOME MUSIC FOR YOUR EVENING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIWDmmqZzY

COUNT ME IN! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

Pam J

Quote from: Skunk Ape on March 18, 2015, 11:57:16 AM
That escalated quickly.

And you forgot to give the Governor his Harumph
Just pm-ed u to get off my ass
They're my opinions and I don't a shit about what your opinions are of my opinions...
Move on

Pam J

Quote from: Skunk Ape on March 18, 2015, 11:57:16 AM
That escalated quickly.

And you forgot to give the Governor his Harumph
Don't tell me who to comment on either

wr250

wtf?
*checks to see if this is the politics forum*
no ,hmmm
i know art will pick awesome intro music, ill be happy he is back on the air, so to speak.

Pam J

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 18, 2015, 11:42:37 AM
It's not pretty is what
It's pretty. Pretty much sucks.

Pam J

Quote from: wr250 on March 18, 2015, 12:06:09 PM
wtf?
*checks to see if this is the politics forum*
no ,hmmm
i know art will pick awesome intro music, ill be happy he is back on the air, so to speak.
Agree.  I don't care what he plays.  Just want to the heat the show.

maureen

tinder, easy tinder!!

Pale Horse

Quote from: Pam J on March 18, 2015, 11:53:25 AM
Fuck u

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays… I mean is hungover from Drunken Irish Holiday.

Pam J

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 18, 2015, 12:10:21 PM
Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays… I mean is hungover from Drunken Irish Holiday.
Not at all.  Just getting annoyed by an ape who thinks he's special.