• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

phrodo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 06, 2015, 03:05:06 AM
Its so much like Moroder (both Italian disco stuff)

Wut u got against meaRtballs???

I like a lot of these suggestions but nothing really matches Ride my See-saw in opening the show with high energy, if that's what Art's going for.

Quote from: phrodo on March 06, 2015, 03:11:14 AM
Wut u got against meaRtballs???

It's pretty fun music.  :)

phrodo

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on March 06, 2015, 03:11:26 AM
I like a lot of these suggestions but nothing really matches Ride my See-saw in opening the show with high energy, if that's what Art's going for.

Nah . it was nice . but too tedious with too long a build up . just my educated opinion. Every night I couldn't wait for it to be over to hear Art. .. took toooooo ... long ... in ... my .... opinion. Great classic rock song .. but not a great intro song. sorry.

I'm going to toss in ELO's Prologue and Twilight from the album Time (1982). Close out the show every night with Hold On Tight.

It's also got a long ramp-up (like Ride My Seesaw) but it fits some of Art's shows.

Anyway, love that piano in Twilight.
"I have a message from another time..."
http://youtu.be/3U52sP25ynE

"It's either real or it's a dream, there's nothing that is in between."

http://youtu.be/TS6H64wVZnY

Just like Heaven by the Cure
Lost girl theme song

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on March 06, 2015, 03:11:26 AM

Your avatar sucks as much as  dave.

SaucyRossy

I think the first 4 minutes and 30 seconds of this song gives the chase a run for its money and would make a kick ass opening song

http://youtu.be/MU8wJ24A-BI

Falkie2013

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 06, 2015, 04:47:14 AM
I think the first 4 minutes and 30 seconds of this song gives the chase a run for its money and would make a kick ass opening song

http://youtu.be/MU8wJ24A-BI

too slow in pace.

PrairieGhost

Sinoia Caves - Run Program - Sentionauts (2014)

http://youtu.be/7Db7CwKwOd4

ge30542

Can  someone 'splain something for me?
As a huge lover of Art friggin' Bell, I've checked into this forum over the past many months, especially given the great news that he's returning in July, ( I voted for Midnight in the Desert). I'm sorry to hear, ( I think I read here on the forum) that Mr. Bell will not bring back any "old" guests. Sad, cause I do love to hear RCH  speak of Dan Goldin's massive covering-up at NASA, and that "something big is gonna happen in Phoenix".
But also, and to my point, can someone who knows, please explain to me who is "Dave", (so often referred in this forum).
Is he friend or foe of Mr. Bell? Is he in some way affiliated with Noory and current C2C?
I guess I obviously don't follow close enough to know these players, but I get the impression, from reading some posts here, that someone on this forum is trying sabotage Mr. Bell's efforts, is this true?

Quote from: ge30542 on March 06, 2015, 05:13:06 AM
As a huge lover of Art friggin' Bell, I've checked into this forum over the past many months, especially given the great news that he's returning in July, ( I voted for Midnight in the Desert). I'm sorry to hear, ( I think I read here on the forum) that Mr. Bell will not bring back any "old" guests. Sad, cause I do love to hear RCH  speak of Dan Goldin's massive covering-up at NASA, and that "something big is gonna happen in Phoenix".
But also, and to my point, can someone who knows, please explain to me who is "Dave", (so often referred in this forum).
Is he friend or foe of Mr. Bell? Is he in some way affiliated with Noory and current C2C?
I guess I obviously don't follow close enough to know these players, but I get the impression, from reading some posts here, that someone on this forum is trying sabotage Mr. Bell's efforts, is this true?

He didn't say no "old" guests would be allowed on the show, only that he might have made a mistake going down the beaten path with Dark Matter when he should have focused on new guests. I doubt there's any real attempt to sabotage Art. Most of the odd occurrences are easily explained, such as the contract negotiations with Sirius/XM and Coast ultimately going to Indie 104 after Art left or the C&D to U7, which is Premiere just protecting their intellectual property as anyone should do. Constantly looking over one's shoulder for Premiere goons reeks of paranoia. The "Dave" everyone refers to is George Noory a.k.a. the Snoorge.

Pam J

Hey GE :)) u can go to the members list and look up Art Bell-he's on the first page and you can read all of his posts ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: ge30542 on March 06, 2015, 05:13:06 AM

Art simply stated that he will be focusing on new guests but would not totally ignore old favorites. I'm sure RCH will be back. Love or hate him he is a big part of Art Bell history.

Dave is George or is George Dave? Which came first; the foul chicken or the rotten egg?

Just prior to Art announcing his return this forum was speculating about such a return. Some members were  calling various terrestrial stations and speaking to program directors and one such program director referred to Noory as Dave Norrie and the rest is BellGab lore. The nickname stuck like monkey poo flung at a wall.

b_dubb

Quote from: PrairieGhost on March 06, 2015, 05:03:16 AM
Sinoia Caves - Run Program - Sentionauts (2014)

http://youtu.be/7Db7CwKwOd4

Beyond The Black Rainbow. Seriously creepy movie.

Open lines suggestions:

Witch and warlock Wannabe Line for prospective witches (With the passing of Evelyn Paglini, Art could use a new craft expert)
Disgruntled NASA Employees hotline. Hoagland talks about them, let's hear from them themselves and their secret numbers and all.
Secret Societies Hotline, for members of hush-hush societies with secret handshakes and everything
I Sold My Soul Hotline - and what did you get for it in return? Do you notice it's missing?
Ginger haired people Hotline - clear up once and for all if redhaired people have souls? I know we do, but others disagree.
Tall Tales Hotline
Urban Legend or Real Hotline That story about the hitchhiking ghost - did you experience it?
Non-abduction Hotline People who've seen aliens, but the aliens left them alone

Pam J

Art if u read this, I like the name 'The Night' for the new show.

Good evening and welcome to The Night.. with your host, Art Bell. ;)

jazmunda

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 06, 2015, 05:43:11 AM
Ginger haired people Hotline - clear up once and for all if redhaired people have souls? I know we do, but others disagree.

Yes! But didn't Art already do a Perfectly Possessed Line?

bound4bristol

Quote from: jazmunda on March 06, 2015, 05:34:58 AM
Dave Norrie = monkey poo flung at a wall

Well, I've checked your maths and I have to agree with your conclusion. There's just no arguing with science.

wr250

actually george did disagree with someone recently
guest: i dont forsee ISIS attacking the US on US soil
nooron: i hope your wrong
guest: you hope im ....wrong?...
noroon: yes
followed by 30 seconds of backpedaling , then the next caller.

the audio is in the GNS thread, it was last week i think

dan7800

For the first few months, call-ins will be tough. The listener based will take time to grow, and with the fragmentation of media compared with 10+ years ago, it will never get to the size that it ever was. This is ok. I have no problem with Art interviewing a guest or doing a show, and then just calling it a night whenever things start to wind down. Howard used to do this back in the day (maybe still does)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: jazmunda on March 05, 2015, 02:50:56 PM
Into the Night

with Art Bell
I really like this one.

I got a Roku with my tax refund, and I love it, and I can listen to shoutcast on it, and you know where this is going, Art Bell was on my TV! It was amazing.

I have never called Art, too chicken. Always thought I would sound like a moron. So kudos to those of you who have called. Maybe I will call this time around, who knows.

spellerine

First post...just wanted to add to the list of potential names :

Stream of Conciousness
Art Bell's Lucid Stream

Also a +1 for Midnight Ride/Midnight In The Desert...both are great titles.

Quote from: dan7800 on March 06, 2015, 06:54:42 AM
For the first few months, call-ins will be tough. The listener based will take time to grow, and with the fragmentation of media compared with 10+ years ago, it will never get to the size that it ever was. This is ok. I have no problem with Art interviewing a guest or doing a show, and then just calling it a night whenever things start to wind down. Howard used to do this back in the day (maybe still does)

Yeah, there's a bit of a danger of the Roswells or Mega 51s crowd overloading the phone lines in the early stages. I hope Art lines up some intriguing guests for the first few weeks while he allows the caller pool to grow, not building an entire show around open lines right out of the gate. That's only going to lead to disappointment for Art, I fear.

Quote from: jazmunda on March 06, 2015, 06:01:51 AM
Yes! But didn't Art already do a Perfectly Possessed Line?

grrrrrrrr!!!!!! At least we're perfect   :P

inuk2600

Quote from: b_dubb on March 06, 2015, 05:42:53 AM
Beyond The Black Rainbow. Seriously creepy movie.
The feel of that movie can put you in the crazy cage if you drop the wrong acid.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Art Bell on March 05, 2015, 10:33:31 PM
Now there is a good topic, what would your favorite special lines be, how about something we have never done?

I will always love the Area 51 callers, but since that has been done, I recently took a trip to Dayton, OH where Wright Patterson is, and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that where the bodies from Roswell were flown to? My friend who lives there was telling me tales of a building where they are supposedly still housed in, well their bodies anyway. So why not a secret base hotline, or a Wright Patterson hotline? I hear tell of underground bases as well.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: spellerine on March 06, 2015, 07:09:10 AM
First post...just wanted to add to the list of potential names :

Stream of Conciousness
Art Bell's Lucid Stream

Also a +1 for Midnight Ride/Midnight In The Desert...both are great titles.

Welcome, and please don't let that post be your last. Post often.

wr250

once Art gets close to broadcasting, MV has a ready made chatroom on UFOship.com.  the max number of users it can hold is 1024. more can be added by linking more servers. 
currently its at 500 users.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: jazmunda on March 06, 2015, 12:28:55 AM
Some more off the top of my head. I've had years of listening to Open Lines and thinking what if.

The "I'm a low level employee in the Shadow Government" Hotline

The Magician's Secrets Hotline

The Medium's Tricks Hotline

The Hellish NDE Hotline

The Boring Past Life Hotline

The "If a button gave you 1 million dollars for pressing it, but killed 1 random human being, would you press it?" Hotline

The Local (to the caller) Urban Legends Hotline

The Vampire Hotline - I'm looking at you ponyboysunset Rollye

The Doomsday Preppers Hotline

PS I posted the first three Chapters of my novel in my podcast thread. I could call in on that hotline I suppose, say that I suspect that some talk show people are really vampires.

Jaz your ideas are amazing! I vote for you to be the rogue intern.