• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: The General on March 05, 2015, 11:30:12 AM
Art,
A suggestion...
The single phone line thing you had going while on Sirius/XM was awkward.  I really think you need to go old school and have at least a few different phone numbers so that you can still do special lines like the antichrist line or time traveller line.  It was a very big part of what made your show so great the first time around.

and if the caller starts off, "G'day Aht," hang up immediately!

MV/Liberace!

Art... I want to suggest your new show operate entirely on phones made of bakelite.

inuk2600

Quote from: MV on March 05, 2015, 12:30:52 PM
Art... I want to suggest your new show operate entirely on phones made of bakelite.

Ah yes, the good old polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride telephone.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: MV on March 05, 2015, 12:30:52 PM

All right, John C Dvorak :)

Art Bell

Sirius/XM had many phone lines. I controlled them with software but because they shipped the call to me the quality suffered. Now I will have land lines here, a much better way to go quality wise.

Building the studio is going to be a big job.

Art

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ponyboysunset on March 05, 2015, 01:13:35 PM
All right, John C Dvorak :)

i'm not familiar with that name.  i'm sorry.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Art Bell on March 05, 2015, 01:16:03 PM
Sirius/XM had many phone lines. I controlled them with software but because they shipped the call to me the quality suffered. Now I will have land lines here, a much better way to go quality wise.

Building the studio is going to be a big job.

Art

Admit it though, you love the speccing out your requirements and having a new studio constructed, setting up all the gear, fiddling with all those knobs and getting everything just right :)

Snow day today! Here's the fruits of my lack of labor:

Art Bell’s Nightscape
Other Worlds with Art Bell
Night Spectres with Art Bell
Night Visions with  Art Bell
Art Bell’s Singularities

Gd5150

I like it! Perhaps a rotary telephone line.

MV/Liberace!

The Art Bell Show Featuring Art Bell

jerry

Quote from: MV on March 05, 2015, 01:40:09 PM

Regardless of the Official name chosen, the unofficial name WILL be The Art Bell Show... just like it was back then.

Unless Dave goes to court for a name change. Hey, it could happen. Stay tuned.

Gd5150

Thel Art Bell show that actually has Art Bell on it.

Gd5150

Quote from: Catsmile on March 05, 2015, 11:06:45 AM
Perfect music to open the show.
MIDNIGHT RIDE
MIDNIGHT RIDE WITH ART BELL

"Are you ready for a midnight ride??? Then grab your saddles boys! Yehaaaaawwwww"

http://youtu.be/FgvfRSzmMoU

IcicleTrepan

I hope Art will have a voice changer/pitch shifter like he used to have.  Some of the best shows were when he was using it for a demonic sounding voice, especially when trolling JC :)

Ms. C

A big thank yewww  to Art and also to all BellGabbers for all these wonderful pages to read!  Took me awhile to catch up with this thread ...

and here is my contribution ...

Wanna take a ride through the midnight hours â€" featuring the One and Only Art Bell 

nextgen.fm

Hi, you're on ______     ;D

nextgen.fm

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on March 05, 2015, 02:02:42 PM
I hope Art will have a voice changer/pitch shifter like he used to have.  Some of the best shows were when he was using it for a demonic sounding voice, especially when trolling JC :)

oh God I  love when he does that

The General

Quote from: Art Bell on March 05, 2015, 01:16:03 PM
Sirius/XM had many phone lines. ...

I know, but only one number for your show. Multiple numbers was better.

Juan

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 05, 2015, 01:50:06 PM
Unless Dave goes to court for a name change. Hey, it could happen. Stay tuned.
Dave - the Howard Hamlin of radio

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 05, 2015, 01:53:13 PM
Thel Art Bell show that actually has Art Bell on it.

Or this.  And keep it "Thel".

Needle woman

My humble suggestion:

Art Bell Worldwide

bound4bristol

Quote from: jerry on March 05, 2015, 11:13:43 AM
Desert Nights... with an East of Nye and West of Nye, etc. call-in lines?

To be frank, 95% of the country would be East of Nye. I use to struggle with my conscience calling in as I lived smack on the Continental Divide and could reasonably self-justify both "East-of" and "West-of"... depending upon which window I chose to gaze into the inky midnight... waiting for Art to answer the line (not Tim nor Dan nor Tommy nor Dick nor Harry).

To be even more frank, I only managed to get through one time and I was like a retarded-deer-in-the-headlights with my comment (but I think I remembered to turn down my radio... I think).

in b4 not much has changed boy-o  :P

Heather Wade

Quote from: bound4bristol on March 05, 2015, 02:41:28 PM
To be frank, 95% of the country would be East of Nye. I use to struggle with my conscience calling in as I lived smack on the Continental Divide and could reasonably self-justify both "East-of" and "West-of"... depending upon which window I chose to gaze into the inky midnight... waiting for Art to answer the line (not Tim nor Dan nor Tommy nor Dick nor Harry).

To be even more frank, I only managed to get through one time and I was like a retarded-deer-in-the-headlights with my comment (but I think I remembered to turn down my radio... I think).

in b4 not much has changed boy-o  :P

It would seem you're bound4bristol and not Frank, but ok.  :)  I like your energy here.

Bleefy

Caller, Please Turn Off Your Radio with Art Bell

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bound4bristol on March 05, 2015, 02:41:28 PM

i can also count two douchy calls to art in the 90s among my life's accomplishments.  one of them was in 1999, and i don't even want to shame myself by repeating what i asked.  the other, i think, was in 1997. 

i was just the biggest dud of a caller ever.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Bleefy on March 05, 2015, 02:46:26 PM
Caller, Please Turn Off Your Radio with Art Bell

lol   ;D ;D ;D ;D

jazmunda

Into the Night

with Art Bell

nextgen.fm

Quote from: MV on March 05, 2015, 02:46:53 PM
i can also count two douchy calls to art in the 90s among my life's accomplishments.  one of them was in 1999, and i don't even want to shame myself by repeating what i asked.  the other, i think, was in 1997. 

i was just the biggest dud of a caller ever.

I wish one day I can be as good a caller as JC!

Art Bell's "Now That's What I Call Spooky Shit Yo."