• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: phrodo on March 05, 2015, 12:42:36 AM
Nice but building on that .. "DreamStream" with Art Bell. Combines the Dreamland and streaming themes.  :D
There have been some good suggestions.  But I'm kinda liking this one right now.

phrodo

Quote from: jazmunda on March 04, 2015, 06:41:19 PM
BellGab

The Aussie made the corner .. but the reason seems masturbatory.  :P

Quote from: jazmunda on March 04, 2015, 11:42:41 PM
A former Prime Minister of ours once labelled Australia the Ass End of the World so your point is taken.

I've never actually noticed your avatar was focused on Australia.

jazmunda

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on March 05, 2015, 01:02:16 AM
I've never actually noticed your avatar was focused on Australia.

I was in the right place at the right time to snap that photo.

paladin1991

Holy Crap!  I've got an ad for filipinocupid.com at the bottom of the page!  I wonder if I will find those girls I 'knew' in the mid 80's on there.  After all the years that have passed, and the fleets that have followed, do you think they will still remember my name?

ACE of CLUBS

'Night Warp' ........ with Art Bell
''Night Exit' ......
'Take Back the Night' ......
'Dark Desert' ......
'Far Horizons' ....... with Art Bell

ManiacMatt

Super Terrific Happy Fun Time with Art Bell

This will make it very popular in Japan.

sydtron

Quote from: ManiacMatt on March 05, 2015, 01:16:06 AM
Super Terrific Happy Fun Time with Art Bell

This will make it very popular in Japan.

The video promo will have Art twirling a multi colored umbrella?
Nice refrence!

Morgus

Art,
I see someone else came up with this as well in the last hour, but before reading that I was thinking of always liking "Midnight in the Desert" and "Wanna take a Ride" and wanted a combination of the two.

MIDNIGHT RIDE
seems like a good combination and a nice short title like Dark Matter was.

"Lets take a Midnight Ride with Art Bell" could be the slogan too... :)

sydtron

Quote from: Morgus on March 05, 2015, 01:25:21 AM
Art,
I see someone else came up with this as well in the last hour, but before reading that I was thinking of always liking "Midnight in the Desert" and "Take a Ride"

MIDNIGHT RIDE
seems like a good combination and short title like Dark Matter was.

Cue The Allman Bros.

Quote from: phrodo on March 05, 2015, 12:57:10 AM
Yep - but if he isn't available... even Art like on Dreamland would work.

If he is willing to do Steve's show, I am sure he will do Art's. That and I think Steve sort of knows him.

Quote from: Morgus on March 05, 2015, 01:25:21 AM
Art,
I see someone else came up with this as well in the last hour, but before reading that I was thinking of always liking "Midnight in the Desert" and "Wanna take a Ride" and wanted a combination of the two.

MIDNIGHT RIDE
seems like a good combination and a nice short title like Dark Matter was.

Yes. I like it too.  I think I posted it earlier but great minds think alike.

Sense we are tossing out ideas, I think this would be a good bumper for Art sense he likes mellow stuff.

You Are The Moon - The Hush Sound (lyrics)

Gd5150

The Darkside of Midnight with your dream cruiser Art Bell

Morgus

Yep so far I think "Midnight Ride" has a lot of potential.
Full title could be "Art Bell's Midnight Ride" for example and other variations;
imagine Ross Mitchell announcing "To join the Midnight Ride with Art Bell, call one of these numbers..." :)

phrodo

Still spitballing here... how 'bout "You Rang?" with Art Bell .. and this intro song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=URAqnM1PP5E#t=44

Art Bell's Nocturnal Emissions.

The Caravan to September.

Art Bell On Greyer Goo. (Anagram for George Noory)

Art Bell's Night Soil.

Coast is Toast with Art Bell

Art Bell Ayy Lmao.  (http://bit.ly/1BTGECw)

"Art Bell's Midnight Ride" does sound good. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on December 18, 2010, 12:20:12 PM
Hi All,

Been a while since I have visited the site, good to see a lot of new users/posts!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think Art is done with Coast to Coast.  I am a streamlink (now called Coast Insider), but haven't listened to George in years now - I pay to hear Ian, George K.  and, when we are lucky, Art.  It also give access to a good amount of old Art shows.  Anyhow, I was listening to Art's Ghost to Ghost 2010 last night, which I believe is the last show he has done on Coast.  Here's the thing - I think it is his show ever!  There was something about his delivery that made me think he was a bit different, and it reminded me of previous retirement shows.  Early in the show he made a very pointed reference to his new HAM call letters, and just generally seemed a little different - not off his game or anything, just different. 

So, and I apologise for the rambling post (I am having my first coffee of the morning after overdoing it with mood altering substances last night), I just got this vibe from the show that something is different with Art.  Then I thought about recent posts here (or maybe at GLP), saying that Art won't be doing his predicitions show this year.  I mentioned before that I don't listen to Noory, so can't confirm or deny these posts, but apparently George was asked by a caller recently if Art would be doing the shows, and George said no, Art would be travelling.  Something about the posts also twigged soemthing in the back of my mind, but again, I didn't hear the show in question.

So, last nght, listening to the great Art Bell doing Ghost to Ghost, and I decide to see what recent Classic Shows have been posted.  Go to the C to C website, select the drop down menu in the show archive, and as I am about to select "Classic Shows"  i notice the "Hosts" section of the same drop down.  It list George, Ian, George K and.......that's it.  No Art.  Art has always been listed here.  Now he isn't.

Not doing the predicition show, not listed a as a host in the archives, and the suspicions of a (admittedly quite wasted) long time listener... could it be over?

Also, anyone notice just how many Friday's Ian has been doing ( I quite like Ian, think he is light years better than George, so glad to have him on more often)?  It is reminiscent of when George started taking over more of Art's slots.  Are we seeing another slow changing of the guard?

December 2010.  I CAN'T BELIEVE it's been that long since this was posted.  Time is just insane.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Étouffée on March 05, 2015, 03:15:53 AM

A video of Art as Paul Revere yelling " The aliens are coming. The aliens are coming. " comes to mind.

Morgus

"Wanna take a Midnight Ride with Art Bell?"  :)

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 05, 2015, 03:41:50 AM
A video of Art as Paul Revere yelling " The aliens are coming. The aliens are coming. " comes to mind.

I think the ones who would best fit the roll of the redcoats would be those at PRN... and there is no better time then now to kick start a revolution, my friends.

coaster

Calling it Midnight Ride and closing the show with Midnight In The Desert. Sounds good.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: coaster on March 05, 2015, 04:20:37 AM
Calling it Midnight Ride and closing the show with Midnight In The Desert. Sounds good.

Throw in a good wanna' take a ride... and that would indeed be about as good as it gets.

BobGrau

Quote from: MV on March 04, 2015, 08:54:04 PM
heh heh, well, the name should serve you.

This is why I don't mind sucking up to you.

wr250

Quote from: MV on March 04, 2015, 11:50:38 PM
no liquor.  just huffing glue.  elmer's.
and here i thought you were a kitten huffer.
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kitten_Huffing
[attach=1]

wr250

so MV has jorch and the premrats made an offer for bellgab yet? 

Lunger

Quote from: Art Bell on March 04, 2015, 08:42:59 PM
I don't see a conflict there. The Art Bell show sounds a bit self serving. Still thinking we still have lots of time.

Midnight Across America
[might be too provincial for an international audience]