• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Art Bell on March 04, 2015, 12:49:43 PM
I don't want to give away the farm here because the evil ones are watching, there will be some things that will suprise you.

Art
;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 04, 2015, 05:37:39 AM
I think that was because he once called into the gabcast something like 5  times during the same show. That was something even Andy and Bill the Amateur athiest would be proud of.

Hey don't sell me short. I called Gabcast 6 times on the same show.... just spent the day at work replaying 'that' Gabcast to confirm.
It would of only been 4 times but Michael hung up on me twice.  No that's not right, facts are could of been more than 6 but MV ban my phone number after 6 calls.

Phew... that was a busy day, but not done yet. Got my staff listening to Art's old show's to verify that Barbara of GIS mentioned "Jimmy" ... No one goes home until we solve that mystery. 

the_peeve

Art Bell,

If there is one wish I have for your radio show, it is to bring back the art of conversation. Too many modern interviews are almost  a competition of lists.
For example, I haven't heard a really good David Hatcher Childress interview, because the interviewer is going for sound bites and knocking off items on a list. A 10 minute segment will be Egypt, Sumerians, Monoliths in x, Noah's Ark, Turkey, Russia, Peru. To me that's blah. It's a grocery list!

I want to hear guests like Childress  unhinged, and allowed to fly. For example, I am dying to hear more about waterways and rockbeds in South America, that have been manipulated by someone or something. I want to know his theory why so many tribes from different countries in SA have stories about Gods being under the lakes and gold offerings.  I would rather hear him explain theories than hearing the grocery list of items he knows the existence of.

I don't want any more skimming. I want digging on issues.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: the_peeve on March 04, 2015, 03:02:32 PM
Art Bell,

If there is one wish I have for your radio show, it is to bring back the art of conversation. Too many modern interviews are almost  a competition of lists.
For example, I haven't heard a really good David Hatcher Childress interview, because the interviewer is going for sound bites and knocking off items on a list. A 10 minute segment will be Egypt, Sumerians, Monoliths in x, Noah's Ark, Turkey, Russia, Peru. To me that's blah. It's a grocery list!

I want to hear guests like Childress  unhinged, and allowed to fly. For example, I am dying to hear more about waterways and rockbeds in South America, that have been manipulated by someone or something. I want to know his theory why so many tribes from different countries in SA have stories about Gods being under the lakes and gold offerings.  I would rather hear him explain theories than hearing the grocery list of items he knows the existence of.

I don't any more skimming. I want digging on issues.

This, of course, is one reason we don't care for Dave.  The overall subject may be of interest, but there is no dialogue or as you say, digging into the subject matter.

Faschinating!  Who's next on the line?  -Dave

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ManiacMatt on March 04, 2015, 03:07:55 PM
Faschinating!  Who's next on the line?  -Dave

exactly.  george's dissection of any subject is surface, at best.

albrecht

Quote from: the_peeve on March 04, 2015, 03:02:32 PM
Art Bell,

I don't want any more skimming. I want digging on issues.
Last night's C2C is the perfect example. A friggin LOST CITY found in Honduras. And a lost city of legends, tales, etc. What an interesting subject and should be a whole show (or shows as new finds and details emerge.) But with Norry? A quick over view and as soon as the guest gets interesting he is cut off and it goes to a fake interview-style commercial for CARNIVORA and then subject of the lost city is over and on to "Annie in Alabama."

I hope Art revisits this discovery and/or the guest James O'Kon on his new show.

Here's a random thing I just noticed...and maybe it's just my computer for some reason...but from what I can tell, you can no longer use the Internet Archive at https://archive.org/web/ to view captures of artbell.com. This was never the case before, as I would wistfully pull up captures of Art's old site from time to time for years without any problems.

I get this error message now:

"Page cannot be crawled or displayed due to robots.txt."

Coasttocoastam.com, however is still searchable on the archive. Is it way too conspiratorial to blame Dave for this too?

jazmunda

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on March 04, 2015, 04:11:21 PM
Here's a random thing I just noticed...and maybe it's just my computer for some reason...but from what I can tell, you can no longer use the Internet Archive at https://archive.org/web/ to view captures of artbell.com. This was never the case before, as I would wistfully pull up captures of Art's old site from time to time for years without any problems.

I get this error message now:

"Page cannot be crawled or displayed due to robots.txt."

Coasttocoastam.com, however is still searchable on the archive. Is it way too conspiratorial to blame Dave for this too?

Art is being erased from the Space Time Continuum one webpage at a time.  :'(

dan7800

Quote from: Art Bell on March 04, 2015, 12:49:43 PM
I don't want to give away the farm here because the evil ones are watching, there will be some things that will suprise you.

Art

You are going back to Sirius. I knew it!

Surmo

Quote from: dan7800 on March 04, 2015, 04:20:00 PM

What makes you think that?  Just because Art says things will suprise us?

Skunk Ape

Quote from: albrecht on March 04, 2015, 04:07:42 PM
"Annie in Alabama."

That's her name! I was going to reply with Pammy from Alabammy.

oh John Wells...

jazmunda

Quote from: Surmo on March 04, 2015, 04:22:17 PM

I assume he was being sarcastic.

Please tell us you were being sarcastic dan???  :D

Surmo

Admittedly it is hard to read sarcasm on-line, but I took Dan to be serious.

dan7800

Quote from: Surmo on March 04, 2015, 04:22:17 PM

I have total inside information. Send me Bitcoin and I will tell you more!

Let's all tell Jazmunda the wrong network & time so he cannot call in and bother Art anymore.

Surmo

Ah, the Aussie is right.  Sarcasm.

Surmo

I agee with your latter point.  This time we must save Art from the Curse from Down Under.

My money is still on Cumulus. We shall see. As a matter of fact, I'll double down.

jazmunda

Y'all be eating your words when Art announces me as his heir apparent. I'm just keeping the seat warm for him in the meantime. Only good things have happened to those that have proclaimed that in the past. What could go wrong?

Muahahaahahahahahaha

Surmo

Jimmy Jazmunda?

smithy

Quote from: jazmunda on March 04, 2015, 04:18:20 PM
Art is being erased from the Space Time Continuum one webpage at a time.  :'(

It's probably not a conspiracy but who knows? Here't the robots.txt that may be affecting the wayback machine at archive.org. When I purchased a domain name from a reseller there were blocks of time missing on wayback machine for my domain I purchased and wanted to see if had been used for anything that would cause problems. Wasn't artbell.com down for a few years? I can't remember.  Just go to artbell.com/robots.txt and you can see this:

User-agent: Googlebot
Disallow: /wp-admin/
Disallow: /wp-includes/
Disallow: /wp-content/
Disallow: /feed/
Disallow: */feed/

User-agent: Yahoo! Slurp

User-agent: bingbot

User-agent: *
Disallow: /

jazmunda

Quote from: Surmo on March 04, 2015, 04:38:24 PM
Jimmy Jazmunda?

Or Jazmunda Church.

I think I need to puke.

Quote from: smithy on March 04, 2015, 04:39:06 PM
It's probably not a conspiracy but who knows? Here't the robots.txt that may be affecting the wayback machine at archive.org. When I purchased a domain name from a reseller there were blocks of time missing on wayback machine for my domain I purchased and wanted to see if had been used for anything that would cause problems. Wasn't artbell.com down for a few years? I can't remember.  Just go to artbell.com/robots.txt and you can see this:

User-agent: Googlebot

User-agent: Yahoo! Slurp

User-agent: bingbot

User-agent: *
Disallow: /

Premier can do whatever they want. The Art Bell world domination tour starts in July and there is nothing Premier can do to stop it.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on March 04, 2015, 04:34:11 PM
My money is still on Cumulus. We shall see. As a matter of fact, I'll double down.

Your play... I'm ALL IN

Premier and Snorty are:

DesertFox

Art--I know you are wisely keeping things close to the vest right now...BUT when will you be able to make the big announcement and give us some of the juicy details about the new Dark Matter?

Falkie2013

Quote from: nextgen.fm on March 04, 2015, 01:49:24 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D

Coming soon to the net :

Art Bell's Farmland.
Where the cattle and sheep are really scared. ;)

Falkie2013

Quote from: dan7800 on March 04, 2015, 04:29:18 PM
I have total inside information. Send me Bitcoin and I will tell you more!

Let's all tell Jazmunda the wrong network & time so he cannot call in and bother Art anymore.

Why hasn't Jazmunda ever called Noory repeatedly so he could knock HIS show off the air as well ?
THAT would be a public service.
:D ;)

dan7800

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 04, 2015, 05:04:54 PM
Why hasn't Jazmunda ever called Noory repeatedly so he could knock HIS show off the air as well ?
THAT would be a public service.
:D ;)

Ill kick in for that.

Art Bell

Well the deal is I can only announce when the Company decides they want to do a Press release, I do not want to upstage them. I am not sure what their thinking is. I should have word on that sooner then later. They may wish to wait till closer to the first show but it's their call. My guess, we will do a announcement at the same time.

Art

WhiteCrow

Staff finally found Barbara of GIS referring to Jimmy on an old Art's C2C show... But here's the kicker, I was wrong, sorry Jaz  that I used the A-word.... I got a little mad last night during Gabcast when you kept doing your Aussie White'Crow'ie voice impersonation. 
Anyway, It was an EVP saying" Jimmy Did It" after  Barbara asked, "who ate my Liver sausage sandwich?

So my next big idea that will go nowhere:

Art's wants Bellgab to start a cyber blitz for his new show, when he gives the go ahead.
Art recently did a shout out on his FacePals site for Bellgab and MV said he had like 64 new members and record number of viewers.

We all love MV, for his hard work and the entertainment and information we get on Bellgab  ... Right!
So why don't we show our appreciation of MV, by doing a cyber blitz for Bellgab?