• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

BobGrau

Quote from: Chaim on March 04, 2015, 04:23:36 AM
I'd appreciate if people wouldn't spam youtube clips in every of their comments here.
If you want to show us you favorite music or stuff, make your own thread please , like I do.
Pate is really annoying in this regard.

Devo - "Time Out For Fun"

Daggit

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 04, 2015, 04:33:15 AM
That was no apology...      And taking delight in trolling  so misunderstood.. being a Troll is a bad thing???  from these so called "viscous and vaguely lovable" Bellgabbers... the irony 

.... start reading this little episode from the beginning, when you calm down some.
thar some darn good fun in thar.   Jaz struck the first blow and I played him... that's it, no more no worse.
All is good nite-nite

You have a strange recall of events.

Take a listen to the latest GabCast. You are a joke on this site. A meme if you will.

[deep voice]This is White Crow[/deep voice]

pate

If I wanted to read spammy comments I'd write some.

No whammies, no whammies...

No Whammy

D'oh!

Jimmy Buffett - Fins

Quote from: Daggit on March 04, 2015, 04:56:02 AM
You have a strange recall of events.

Take a listen to the latest GabCast. You are a joke on this site. A meme if you will.

[deep voice]This is White Crow[/deep voice]

I think that was because he once called into the gabcast something like 5  times during the same show. That was something even Andy and Bill the Amateur athiest would be proud of.

Lunger

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 02:16:09 PM
...Maybe there is no way to stop it like Roswells, ...
Art

Yeah, I really hated that.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: nextgen.fm on March 04, 2015, 12:19:38 AM
That's what I love about your show Art!

Remember when you had to deal with Dallas Thompson and his flight into the center of the earth?  That's one of my favorite shows for the way you handled it!

;D

I loved that show :)  I wish we could get an update from that guy, but he's probably taking his medication by now.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:55:24 PM
Look, not every show will be a gem, make no mistake I do not bill myself as a "nice guy" I am sure many will find me to be a foul tempered person at times because I do not like BS unless it is very entertaining BS. I try to be pleasant but I have my limits so I may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I can live with that.

Art

I'm late to the party again.  This, sir, is exactly why you have such a large, vaguely lovable fan base!  :)  We are NEVER bored....
I don't care who the guest is going to be.  I'll be listening.  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 04, 2015, 02:55:51 AM
Don't rain on my fucking parade you koala.
I thought Jorgo, aka Gnoory, was back on BellGab when I first ready this.

[attachimg=1]

ItsOver

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:41:15 PM
Dark Matter. I did not say none of the old Guests would be on, that's just silly but I intend to explore new things and ideas because the show needs fresh blood. Honestly I just don't or can not describe what will happen, if I could why do it? The magic is in the ride.

What I think happened with Dave is 1. He can not deal with anything unexpected so they stopped most open lines. 2. He is unable to deal with any technical topics so they limited his exposure to those and played it safe. I could go on but I will not. My point is when you have to become that careful you also remove what made the show a adventure to listen to. Now you pretty much know where it is going or put another way where it can not go.

Art
Since PremRad took the reins, they seem to suffer from the usual corporate group-think.  They thought they could just follow a formula and insert a bland cardboard cut-out for a host and everything would be just hunky-dory.  Dave just doesn't have the capability for spontaneity and independent thought, and lacks an inquisitive mind.  That's why PremRad loves him.  He's not a pirate.  PremRad just doesn't get it, as far as producing an original, entertaining show of your caliber, Art.

WhiteCrow

Good morning Bellgabbers, A few quick thoughts before work.
Was U7 emailed their cease and desist 'notice' from Lisa ??? of PremeRat?

I'm not an attorney, but shouldn't the 'notice' been sent US postal, signature required certified mail.
and SIGNED by an Officer or Attorney that is authorized to transact 'such' business for damaged party.

With all the emails Dave and Falkie had back and forth about it... maybe that's evidence/clue the U7 'notice' was just more Dave nonsense.

Thoughts?

Daggit

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 04, 2015, 08:57:51 AM
Good morning Bellgabbers, A few quick thoughts before work.
Was U7 emailed their cease and desist 'notice' from Lisa ??? of PremeRat?

I'm not an attorney, but shouldn't the 'notice' been sent US postal, signature required certified mail.
and SIGNED by an Officer or Attorney that is authorized to transact 'such' business for damaged party.

With all the emails Dave and Falkie had back and forth about it... maybe that's evidence/clue the U7 'notice' was just more Dave nonsense.

Thoughts?

Since you're such an expert on every single topic I'm not sure why you bother to ask questions.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Daggit on March 04, 2015, 10:01:38 AM
Since you're such an expert on every single topic I'm not sure why you bother to ask questions.

lol

Juan

Quote from: ItsOver on March 04, 2015, 08:45:10 AM
Since PremRad took the reins, they seem to suffer from the usual corporate group-think.  They thought they could just follow a formula and insert a bland cardboard cut-out for a host and everything would be just hunky-dory. 
Bingo.  The suits at Cheap Channel (when I worked for them) or IHateArtRadio now, think success is acheived by their meddlesome management, not by the talent of the people who put the show on the air.

albrecht

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on March 04, 2015, 07:08:25 AM
I loved that show :)  I wish we could get an update from that guy, but he's probably taking his medication by now.
One of the best shows. As I recall Dallas Thompson was blind, which would make his journey via the single-man 'copter and any reporting much more interesting. Sort of like learning that Red Elk could levitate and he proved it....over the radio!

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:55:24 PM
Look, not every show will be a gem, make no mistake I do not bill myself as a "nice guy" I am sure many will find me to be a foul tempered person at times because I do not like BS unless it is very entertaining BS. I try to be pleasant but I have my limits so I may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I can live with that.

Art
I feel the same way about this place.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on March 04, 2015, 10:10:11 AM
Bingo.  The suits at Cheap Channel (when I worked for them) or IHateArtRadio now, think success is acheived by their meddlesome management, not by the talent of the people who put the show on the air.
I've grown to despise corporations dominated by suits and bean-counters.  Originality and talent are viewed as threats to their fiefdoms and power-hungry desires.  I hate to see original creations, such as C2C, destroyed and sacrificed on the altar of greed. 

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:41:15 PM
Dark Matter. I did not say none of the old Guests would be on, that's just silly but I intend to explore new things and ideas because the show needs fresh blood. Honestly I just don't or can not describe what will happen, if I could why do it? The magic is in the ride.

What I think happened with Dave is 1. He can not deal with anything unexpected so they stopped most open lines. 2. He is unable to deal with any technical topics so they limited his exposure to those and played it safe. I could go on but I will not. My point is when you have to become that careful you also remove what made the show a adventure to listen to. Now you pretty much know where it is going or put another way where it can not go.

Art

Art--not to be corny but I think the difference is you are an artist at heart while Dave is a careerist...a careerist with little imagination or curiosity.

Also like that you are not a bland nice guy but have some edge, crankiness at times--life presents times when that is necessary!

Regarding some shows bombing--yes it happens but I think you kind of have what Johnny Carson had when one of his monologue jokes bombed...the reaction and playing off of the bomb often is the fun.

elbee

Try a vegan diet for a month, it WILL help, also take VEGAN magnesium and zinc suppliments

DesertFox

Art--are you going to have Ross Mitchell doing the voice work for the show?  To me--you, the music and Ross are essential parts of the Art Bell experience.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: DesertFox on March 04, 2015, 12:16:39 PM
Art--are you going to have Ross Mitchell doing the voice work for the show?  To me--you, the music and Ross are essential parts of the Art Bell experience.

Great question, I hope he answers it.  Not sure if it would be the same without Ross.

cweb

Quote from: ItsOver on March 04, 2015, 11:14:09 AM
I've grown to despise corporations dominated by suits and bean-counters.  Originality and talent are viewed as threats to their fiefdoms and power-hungry desires.  I hate to see original creations, such as C2C, destroyed and sacrificed on the altar of greed.
Indeed. Self-preservation through hiring the less talented/ambitious really rots away at potential for greatness.

I've seen a few organizations deliberately hire less-qualified candidates because the middle managers were afraid of someone disturbing their laziness. Really brings to mind the phrase "when it's just a check, it's time to leave."

Skunk Ape

What subject, no matter the guest, can you just not buy into?

For me it would have to be Past and Future lives. Listening to a Dreamland show with Elaine Stevens currently and that's why I ask.

Art Bell

I don't want to give away the farm here because the evil ones are watching, there will be some things that will suprise you.

Art

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on March 04, 2015, 12:49:43 PM
I don't want to give away the farm here because the evil ones are watching, there will be some things that will suprise you.

Art
FTDB!

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Skunk Ape on March 04, 2015, 12:39:13 PM
What subject, no matter the guest, can you just not buy into?

For me it would have to be Past and Future lives. Listening to a Dreamland show with Elaine Stevens currently and that's why I ask.

I agree.  People that have a past life regression done are always told that they were some interesting or eccentric historical figure.  They never say you were a guy named Bob.  You were a janitor and that's about it.  I just don't buy it.

ManiacMatt

Art

Very much looking forward to the surprises!  The anticipation is part of the fun.

Art

Love the anticipation brewing about this Art..

DesertFox

Art

I certainly understand--i'll keep my fingers crossed and I'm intrigued.

"the suspense is terrible...I hope it will last"

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Daggit on March 04, 2015, 10:01:38 AM

At last we found common ground...