• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WOTR

Quote from: jazmunda on March 03, 2015, 11:07:17 PM
I agree. I can still listen to episodes where I think the guests are testing my BS meter. I attribute that to Art. We discussed this on the GabCast tonight.
I have said in the past that there were nights I turned off the radio or changed the station.  I cannot say that it was ever Art- but some guests or topics just did not do it (or, perhaps I was just in a pissy mood that night?)  ***

Either way, I never did turn off Dark Matter.  Perhaps it helps knowing that it may be a limited time engagement, or knowing what the alternative is?  I'm sure there may be topics or guests that bomb- but that is part of the fun and the unexpected portion of live radio.  You take the gems and accept that sometimes the diamond turns out to be cubic zirconia.  Other shows you are forced to celebrate cubic zirconia because the regular broadcast is S###.

***Yes, I am aware that I will be reported and MV will ban me under the "unfaithful" clause in the TOS.

WOTR

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 03, 2015, 11:41:26 PM
It's a running gag.  Just about everyone here has, at one time or another, independently came up with the idea that Art's stream should originate on KNYE.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: bateman on March 03, 2015, 11:54:20 PM
One that comes to mind is a DMT researcher Art booted after only a segment or two because he sounded, um, impaired in some fashion.

I will look it to that one because the guests name doesn't ring a bell, hehe.

popple

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:41:15 PM
What I think happened with Dave is 1. He can not deal with anything unexpected so they stopped most open lines.
Lots of times when they dump a guest they don't even go to open lines. They will often call up that ghost pets guy. He must be just waiting by his phone. There is probably a pretty strong fear of Bateman calling in as well ;D

Nick el Ass

Quote from: popple on March 04, 2015, 12:02:09 AM
Lots of times when they dump a guest they don't even go to open lines. They will often call up that ghost pets guy. He must be just waiting by his phone. There is probably a pretty strong fear of Bateman calling in as well ;D

Fanthorpe is on constant standby, or so it seems. Well... him and Spring-heeled Jack.

sydtron

One that comes to mind is a DMT researcher Art booted after only a segment or two because he sounded, um, impaired in some fashion.

Dude, I remember that one. I just listened to it a few months ago at work.  I forget what Art did...  I think he went to Antichrist lines? 

jazmunda

If Art never dumped a guest we never would have gotten Mr Fidget and I wouldn't be holding a Fidget in my hand today.

#justsaying #notaeuphemism

sydtron

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 03, 2015, 11:44:11 PM

It won't be long before another number 12 rules the football world, and that of course is Andrew Luck. There is no doubt in my mind that everyone will soon learn to fear the neckbeard.

At any rate, the spontaneity of your show was what made it so appealing. You could make the worst guests entertaining... and were not afraid to call people out on their bs like the not so amazing Kreskin. The equally un-amazing Dave Noorie has stated that he would never do so because he doesn't want his guests to look bad which is a joke... and that is why I'm soooo looking forward to your return. Credibility.

Luck is and going to be great! You guys just need an O-line and a Running Back.   (Im a bears fan living in North Central Indiana)
Safe to say you guys... "Luck"ed.... out?  *Dr. Evil finger*

hahahahahahah Im so clever.. 

Nick el Ass

Quote from: sydtron on March 04, 2015, 12:10:38 AM
Luck is and going to be great! You guys just need an O-line and a Running Back.   (Im a bears fan living in North Central Indiana)
Safe to say you guys... "Luck"ed.... out?  *Dr. Evil finger*

hahahahahahah Im so clever..

Yeah, we sucked for Luck there is no doubt there. A offensive line would really help... but so would a defensive line, and signs are pointing to the GM going out to get some big players. Possible Suh. We won't discuss Trent Richardson because he is like the Dave Noorie of running backs. Boom Herron looked great at times behind the same line.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:55:24 PM
Look, not every show will be a gem, make no mistake I do not bill myself as a "nice guy" I am sure many will find me to be a foul tempered person at times because I do not like BS unless it is very entertaining BS. I try to be pleasant but I have my limits so I may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I can live with that.

Art

That's what I love about your show Art!

Remember when you had to deal with Dallas Thompson and his flight into the center of the earth?  That's one of my favorite shows for the way you handled it!

;D

sydtron

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 04, 2015, 12:15:58 AM

Yeah, we sucked for Luck there is no doubt there. A offensive line would really help... but so would a defensive line, and signs are pointing to the GM going out to get some big players. Possible Suh. We won't discuss Trent Richardson because he is like the Dave Noorie of running backs. Boom Herron looked great at times behind the same line.

I wonder if Pagano could tame Suh?  Doubtfull. Too bad Mike Heart got hurt. I loved watching him run.  North South all day long.
Good luck if you guys get Marshall.  What a head case. 

(Sorry MV,  I love football) 

TO make this post relevant. I would say Art is like the Dick Butkus of radio. Just kicks ass and doesn't take any prisoners.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 03, 2015, 03:50:04 PM
I hope Producer Paul is our subject tonight.  Art has covered that topic with several guests in the past, Pale Horse.  But no worries, no worries.

Sorry I didn't make it home in time.
Been a great day at the Pahrump compound here.
We have a newly licensed driver in the household
so that was a special thing.     8)

Falkie2013

Quote from: Paul on March 04, 2015, 12:34:48 AM

So Art is now having his cats drive him around town, eh ?

Falkie2013

Quote from: wotr1 on March 03, 2015, 11:59:41 PM

Or Art could get an ice cream truck, modify the back to broadcast and sell ice cream to get revenue for his show and do the show earlier in the evening.
He'd clean up in the summer months.

" Hello. West of the Rockies. What flavor would you like ? "

;D

Come to think of it, ice cream trucks play precorded songs through a loudspeaker so he could tell the royalty companies that he's not playing bumper music & its just an ice cream truck in the background.  ;) :)

Heather Wade

Quote from: Paul on March 04, 2015, 12:34:48 AM

Passing the driving test is a big deal.  My congrats to the lucky winner.
Try for next Tuesday? 

Chaim

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 09:11:07 PMI want the show to drift back to its roots. It's possible to screen out the unexpected, I won't do that.

will the new show be called "Dark Matter", or some new name? Do you have a new name for it already, can you reveal it? Would be good for people who want to make videos/ads about it.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Chaim on March 04, 2015, 12:47:03 AM
will the new show be called "Dark Matter", or some new name? Do you have a new name for it already, can you reveal it? Would be good for people who want to make videos/ads about it.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:41:15 PM
Dark Matter. I did not say none of the old Guests would be on, that's just silly but I intend to explore new things and ideas because the show needs fresh blood. Honestly I just don't or can not describe what will happen, if I could why do it? The magic is in the ride.

What I think happened with Dave is 1. He can not deal with anything unexpected so they stopped most open lines. 2. He is unable to deal with any technical topics so they limited his exposure to those and played it safe. I could go on but I will not. My point is when you have to become that careful you also remove what made the show a adventure to listen to. Now you pretty much know where it is going or put another way where it can not go.

Art

Falkie2013

Quote from: Chaim on March 04, 2015, 12:47:03 AM

Just as long as it isn't called Dark Suck like we've had for 12 years.  :P ;)

Nick el Ass

Quote from: sydtron on March 04, 2015, 12:24:26 AM
I wonder if Pagano could tame Suh?  Doubtfull. Too bad Mike Heart got hurt. I loved watching him run.  North South all day long.
Good luck if you guys get Marshall.  What a head case. 

(Sorry MV,  I love football) 

TO make this post relevant. I would say Art is like the Dick Butkus of radio. Just kicks ass and doesn't take any prisoners.

They might just go after Andre Johnson because with Cris Carter's son Duron signing here in Indy a few weeks back, T.Y, Reggie, Moncrief, and (insert free agent here) we don't need a headcase. Let alone two... but Suh would at least help a team that has never had a great force in the middle. Suh can stomp on the competition like Art will stomp on Dave come July.

sydtron

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 04, 2015, 12:49:56 AM

They might just go after Andre Johnson because with Cris Carter's son Duron signing here in Indy a few weeks back, T.Y, Reggie, Moncrief, and (insert free agent here) we don't need a headcase. Let alone two... but Suh would at least help a team that has never had a great force in the middle. Suh can stomp on the competition like Art will stomp on Dave come July.

BHAHAHAHAHAH!  true

Producer-Paul

Quote from: jazmunda on March 03, 2015, 11:22:40 PM
May I remind you that George's grandkids visit this site.

You mean he reproduced? 

jazmunda

Quote from: Paul on March 04, 2015, 01:22:08 AM
You mean he reproduced?

Oh the humanity.

There have been some amazing advancements in the field of adoption.

phrodo

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 03, 2015, 11:53:20 PM

Awww, even his granddaughter thinks he sucks. That is so cute.

One can only wonder what type of pathetic grandparent it takes to let its grandchild peruse this boiling pit of sewage.  :o

jazmunda

Quote from: phrodo on March 04, 2015, 02:19:12 AM
One can only wonder what type of pathetic grandparent it takes to let its grandchild peruse this boiling pit of sewage.  :o

BellGab membership comes with a sterilization kit to prevent such things happening.

Redwolf

Quote from: Art Bell on March 03, 2015, 10:55:24 PM
I try to be pleasant but I have my limits so I may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I can live with that.

Art

[attachimg=1]

WhiteCrow

Quote from: jazmunda on March 03, 2015, 10:52:40 PM
Was never mentioned. Trust me. The GIS was proud of the fact that they were a closed group that did not accept new members. They made a point of saying this a number of times. Brendon, Barbara, Barry, Roger & Jenny. No Jimmy Chunga.

I'm no fan of Chunga, but I'm pretty sure that Barbara mentioned him on a C2C show with Art. She said something like" Jimmy made this recording" Also pretty sure this was a very late C2C show with Art. Did I mishear and she said Jenny? Could be, but I have a fantastic memory for the spoken word.

Anyway, No biggie. I always was a skeptic of EVP, and thought GIS had a nice little gig with an 'insider' joke, and a fun hobby to get on National Radio.
Chunga changed the dynamics from a nice elderly lady that would never tell a lie, to unbelievable Chunga hype.
Jimmy confirmed to me that EVP was fake.

Another tip off that EVP was Fake, is the way Art always over sold GIS. The exact same way he over sold Major Ed.
(smiley all seeing face)

Anyway GIS/EVP with Barbara was damn good entertainment that I thoroughly enjoyed!

Jimmy claims on Art's Dark Matter site to be with GIS since 1999.

Picture of Jimmy on GIS facebook site Jan 2010 (5 years old)
So he could of been with GIS when Art was still with C2C

Quote From Art Bell Dark Matter Site:
Chunga has been a member of the Ghost Investigator Society since 1999. He is now the co-lead of the organization with Brendan Cook.
http://artbell.com/jimmy-chunga/

Quote from Ghost Pix Web site: 
Ghostpix just turned 15!! The site is down for a remake
http://ghostpix.com/

From GIS FaceBook: January 27, 2010
Chunga and Brendan on the set of A&E's "My Ghost Story"
\

(smiley face looking at me with raised eye-brows; saying if he could:" you're a nut case doing all this work to prove some obscure nonsense, that know one cares about, WTF, bellgab is turn'in you into a Falkie")

jazmunda

You might need to adjust your hearing aid "This is White Crow" as she probably just said Jenny.

There was never a Jimmy Chunga in the Alpha timeline.

pate

I'm getting that WC is a brony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDsYoc6YrH4

^^^careful, that can't be unseen^^^

and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PSG7JZe3zg

^^^that's safe, but the fat guy IS disturbing...

I think someone crossed the intartube streams...

Cross the streams

SaucyRossy

Speaking of which Art.

One of the guests I was looking forward to the most on dark matter that didn't happen was Graham Hancock.

I want to hear a five hour interview with him on all sorts of subjects, ancient civilizations, dmt, Atlantis, etc.