• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Art should contact a. Attorney to see who owns the pre-sale shows. It'd be cool if DMRN could stream them.

Heather Wade

And this is why I nominated Jaz for the BellGab Hall Of Fame, sports fans.   ;D

Art Bell

I have to be honest, first of all I did not get bags of money, most of it went to the owners, second it might be possible that they do not own rights to shows that aired prior to buying the show, I honestly don't know and will try to find out. Again though I think it's long past time to stop using them as a crutch for Dave who should have changed everything by now if for nothing else his own self esteem.

Art

bateman

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 02, 2015, 08:24:14 PM
Art should contact a. Attorney to see who owns the pre-sale shows. It'd be cool if DMRN could stream them.

That would be amazing. The Premrats would shit themselves.

jazmunda

Quote from: Paul on March 02, 2015, 08:21:45 PM
Fastest trademark ever...

The Guy From Pittsburgh â,,¢ taught me everything I ever needed to know about trademarks.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on March 02, 2015, 08:23:24 PM
I'm sure Ellen the paralegal will be sending him a C&D shortly.
That's what really galls me. They don't even use a real lawyer to do their dirty work. Such cheap skates and they probably don't even pay her that great. Meanwhile, back at the mist tunnel, the executives dream up more ways to ruin radio and make fat salaries. Anonymous? Where are you?

coaster

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 08:24:50 PM
I think it's long past time to stop using them as a crutch for Dave who should have changed everything by now if for nothing else his own self esteem.

Art
Absolutely. This just proves how lazy Dave is. He got handed a great opportunity and absolutely squandered it.

I have to be honest, first of all I did not get bags of money, most of it went to the owners, second it might be possible that they do not own rights to shows that aired prior to buying the show, I honestly don't know and will try to find out. Again though I think it's long past time to stop using them as a crutch for Dave who should have changed everything by now if for nothing else his own self esteem.

Art

Anytime he changes something it sucks. Split shows with tons of commercials means the guest is reduced to sound bites just like tv. Silly shows on alrernative medicine are down right dangerous as they promote not getting children vaccinated. Screened phone calls means coast lost its edge.

Every change Noorie makes sucks. Which is why he tries to copy Art a lot.

How does KNYE factor into this U7 situation?

jazmunda

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 02, 2015, 08:24:24 PM
And this is why I nominated Jaz for the BellGab Hall Of Fame, sports fans.   ;D

You mean I'm not in BellGab Hall of Fame already? This site sux.

Morgus

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 02, 2015, 07:29:19 PM
U7 gone.
My sleep tonight will be disrupted due to the lack of background noise.
There are still about 4 other free  classic Art Bell streams running today that I found on a search for "Art Bell" on the Tunein app for my android smartphone...

jazmunda

Quote from: Morgus on March 02, 2015, 08:31:48 PM
There are still about 4 other free  classic Art Bell streams running today that I found on a search for "Art Bell" on the Tunein app for my android smartphone...

Thanks for alerting the geniuses at iHateArt Radio â,,¢. ;)

Morgus

Right now on the u7 audio stream it seems to be the same as the Dark Matter Radio Network stream...

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Morgus on March 02, 2015, 08:31:48 PM

Quiet you!  The trolls and davebots are listening!

coaster

Quote from: jazmunda on March 02, 2015, 08:31:38 PM
iHateArt Radio is top right corner if I've ever saw one. Brilliant funny.

ks3484

Art

b....b......b.....bu...bu...but I thought the owners were you and Alan and the take was $10 maybe even $20 dollars ......oh I seee my lips are sealed.  ;)

Producer-Paul

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2015, 08:34:54 PM

+1  Agree....

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 07:37:46 PM
Sigh, if this is because of what is coming in July I am sorry. They never fail to react in some fear based way. I am sure this will be followed by Dave coming to say it's out of his hands. By now those programs are so old that I don't see the point, frankly I don't see the point of airing one every Saturday night either. Dave should own what he does after all these Years without having to use anything I did, either music, form of announcer, old shows or anything else. I think it is one of the things that haunts him by always being in the shadow of what was. I did tell him when he started that he should make the show his own by putting his stamp on it, change everything up and own it.

Art

yep Noory and his staff still use Art Bell bumper music at most of their breaks.
the only stuff Noory added was the dumb stuff, like his UFO Phil ending song on Friday nights and breaking the guests and open lines on Fridays up into smaller chunks like one or two hours instead of a full 4 hours!

Art Bell

No, the owners were Alan and Roy Masters, I had a small part indeed. Masters was the real money.

Art

Quote from: jazmunda on March 02, 2015, 08:31:38 PM

You'd be in, but...You're the current Dark Matter fall guy.  ;)

-Maybe next year champ. Have an ice cold RC Cola, it fixes all boo boo's.

jazmunda

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2015, 08:34:54 PM

Please PM MV your nomination. :P

McZippie

I have the perfect soultion: Fire Snoory and just play Art's old shows on C2C. And Art can buy commercial spots on C2C to promote his new Dark Matter July shows. Win-Win!

Quote from: Morgus on March 02, 2015, 08:37:44 PM
yep Noory and his staff still use Art Bell bumper music at most of their breaks.
the only stuff Noory added was the dumb stuff, like his UFO Phil ending song on Friday nights and breaking the guests and open lines on Fridays up into smaller chunks like one or two hours instead of a full 4 hours!

I love you Morgus!  :)

Art would never burn his pallet on pizza rolls or be "kidnapped" in mexico. Dave, that rug though...

ks3484

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 08:38:24 PM
No, the owners were Alan and Roy Masters, I had a small part indeed. Masters was the real money.

Art

riiiight I seee :)

Quote from: Morgus on March 02, 2015, 08:37:44 PM

Oh let's not forget 2hrs spent on politics on halloween, 5 predictions in the prediction show, more commercial content, screened calls, etc.

Morgus

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 02, 2015, 08:49:55 PM
Oh let's not forget 2hrs spent on politics on halloween, 5 predictions in the prediction show, more commercial content, screened calls, etc.
yep the total destruction of the classic c2cam Halloween and New Year's Eve shows, Noory spit on the traditions...

SnapT

Quote from: Morgus on March 02, 2015, 08:51:54 PM
yep the total destruction of the classic c2cam Halloween and New Year's Eve shows, Noory spit on the traditions...

Remember the last New Year's Eve show where Noory forced each individual caller to sing "Auld Lang Syne" in its entirety and then awarded his favorite singers old unwanted books, like he was Ryan Seacrest hosting a homeless man's version of AMERICAN IDOL?  The same exact song over and over all night, sung by mostly horrible singers!  I had to laugh to keep from crying.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 08:38:24 PM

Art

Who knew radio was such a cut-throat biz?

ks3484

I may be off base...but it seems to me that a lot of Art Bell's fans and followers have been spoiled by Art Bell's radio persona and the way he formatted his show. hmmmm curious.

IcicleTrepan

I'm so glad I stopped listening long before that.