• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: dan7800 on March 02, 2015, 02:22:22 PM
In a cruel twist of fate, what if a genie allowed you to have a time machine, but you HAD to send Joorch.

Snoory: "J. Christ... Who are you and why are you hanging up there on that lower case T?"

JC: "I am dying for the sins of man"

Snoory:"Fascinating.... Have you ever seen a UFO? I'd love to see one."

Snoory:"So what got you interested in dying for our sins?"  "How 'bout those Romans.  I hear they make pretty good pizza." 

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 03:45:24 PM
Well most people who think such travel may be possible think changing things would either be impossible or not advised.

Art

Art--you should check out 12 Monkeys on the SYFY Channel...it's a pretty good show on the complexities of time travel.

onan

Quote from: ItsOver on March 02, 2015, 03:47:23 PM

Snoory:"So what got you interested in dying for our sins?"  "How 'bout those Romans.  I here they make pretty good pizza."

Snoory: "So, tell me, Jess, do you think angels are real?

coaster

Quote from: onan on March 02, 2015, 03:50:05 PM
Snoory: "So, tell me, Jess, do you think angels are real?
Noory would never go back in time. He would have to bring his travel buddy Tommy with him, and the time machine has a weight limit.

onan

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2015, 03:52:04 PM
Noory would never go back in time. He would have to bring his travel buddy Tommy with him, and the time machine has a weight limit.

Good point.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2015, 03:42:55 PM
I honestly don't think they will make it. Have they even figured out the logistics of the trip? Seems to me you would want to figure out what exactly you are going to do before you pick a group of people to go. And while I respect the idea of visiting Mars, I have to question the mentality of people who are willing to go on a one way trip that will more than likely kill them.

They want to go by 2024 and they don't have enough funding yet.

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2015, 03:52:04 PM
The poor fellow with the classic convertible in the infamous Burbank ride is still crying about his suspension.

albrecht

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 02, 2015, 02:48:28 PM

Are there even any articulate truthers out there? I mean it is hard to comprehend that concept when such a group is lead by the likes of Alex Jones, and Judy Wood who are both batshit insane.
I'm sure there are. An establishment like Lloyd's doesn't bring a suit and Congress doesn't redact so much testimony from the official findings if there is no "there there" at all. I'd just be happy to find out how much Saudi "royals" paid to get the suit dropped or disappeared but considering they don't even release figures verified by outside parties on their oil reserves I don't see that happening. Remember this?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lloyds-insurer-sues-saudi-arabia-for-funding-911-attacks-2356857.html
and then this?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2039879/Lloyds-withdraws-Sauid-lawsuit-Insurance-giant-withdraws-action-claimed-country-funded-9-11.html

Quote from: ItsOver on March 02, 2015, 04:05:02 PM
The poor fellow with the classic convertible in the infamous Burbank ride is still crying about his suspension.

As far as I'm concerned, you can never show this photo enough. I think it's their names taped over the original persons who were booked that makes me laugh the most. Or maybe it's the roguish tilt on Tommy's side of the convertible. Or the guy with his back turned.

ManiacMatt

Another question for you Art...

Now that some time has passed, would you seriously consider telling your ouija board story?  I know you said that you wouldn't tell it before, but perhaps your attitude or thoughts have changed.  It would make for an awesome Halloween show this October!  Please consider telling the story!  Thanks!

jazmunda

Quote from: ManiacMatt on March 02, 2015, 04:20:32 PM
Another question for you Art...

Now that some time has passed, would you seriously consider telling your ouija board story?  I know you said that you wouldn't tell it before, but perhaps your attitude or thoughts have changed.  It would make for an awesome Halloween show this October!  Please consider telling the story!  Thanks!

+ 1

Also will you ever divulge the third secret of Fatima as told to you by Father Malachai Martin? I'll take my answer offline.

bateman

Danheiser looks like a bouncer at a seedy strip joint.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 03:35:09 PM
Ok then, when the one way people confirm all that I will book my ticket, in the meantime what a great social experiment. I wonder if they will go Donner Party on each other?

I'm hoping that it will be more like Total Recall, and less like the Donner party. If there are hot chicks than I might change my mind... and be down for a one way ticket to Mars.

IcicleTrepan

Art I love that you are posting this kind of stuff here.  I hope you keep it coming :)  Food for thought and is the same sort of musings that got me to listen to your radio show for as long as I did.

coaster

A deep, well thought out question. Its one of the reasons I loved listening to Art.
And this is exactly the problem with ol Dave Snoory. Complete lack of anything that could even closely resemble brain activity. I don't think I have ever heard Noory ask a meaningful question. And that is not a dig, that is the honest truth.

Surmo

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 03:35:09 PM
Ok then, when the one way people confirm all that I will book my ticket, in the meantime what a great social experiment. I wonder if they will go Donner Party on each other?

They won't go full-Donner, but I recall hearing somewhere that they would use and recycle "everything" possible.  I assume that means bodies as well.

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on March 02, 2015, 04:24:24 PM
Danheiser looks like a bouncer at a seedy strip joint.

They look like they're headed for a shopping spree at Hot Topic, then off to the nearest all-you-can-eat buffet.

bateman

Quote from: ItsOver on March 02, 2015, 04:39:19 PM
They look like they're headed for a shopping spree at Hot Topic, then off to the nearest all-you-can-eat buffet.

Danheiser has to make use of those Sizzler coupons now doesn't he?

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on March 02, 2015, 04:41:39 PM
Danheiser has to make use of those Sizzler coupons now doesn't he?
Ha!  At least it's timely that Tommy and The Donner Party are both being discussed.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Surmo on March 02, 2015, 04:37:23 PM
They won't go full-Donner, but I recall hearing somewhere that they would use and recycle "everything" possible.  I assume that means bodies as well.

If that is the case they should send Bear Grylls on the first ship. He is used to recycling.

coaster

I was looking through a list on the mars-one page. I hope they are not the candidates because if so, they are in trouble. Who needs scientists, engineers, brain cells? They have a photographer with a mo-hawk and a nineteen year old girl who once drew spaceships when she was eight years old. But my favorite is Dr. Laura, who is an ER doctor. I respect that, but then I read her bio-
"I’ll say anything to your face that I’ll say behind your back (although I might say it a bit nicer). I can’t decide what I want invented most: instant elsewhere booth, faster-than-light drive, or a replicator so I can wear my favorite cargo pants every day without ever doing laundry. {SQUIRREL!} My superpower is I can sleep soundly anywhere, anytime.
edit-evidently, they are also filming the Mars finalists for a reality tv show. This cannot fail...

jazmunda

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2015, 04:46:16 PM
I was looking through a list on the mars-one page. I hope they are not the candidates because if so, they are in trouble. Who needs scientists, engineers, brain cells? They have a photographer with a mo-hawk and a nineteen year old girl who once drew spaceships when she was eight years old. But my favorite is Dr. Laura, who is an ER doctor. I respect that, but then I read her bio-
"I’ll say anything to your face that I’ll say behind your back (although I might say it a bit nicer). I can’t decide what I want invented most: instant elsewhere booth, faster-than-light drive, or a replicator so I can wear my favorite cargo pants every day without ever doing laundry. {SQUIRREL!} My superpower is I can sleep soundly anywhere, anytime.

If these are the questions being asked of our space pioneers (and the type of answers given) then we are doomed as a society and every science fiction author that has ever passed on is turning in their graves.

Time Travel George: So, tell me, Jesus. What's the story on the Mexican name? Now be honest.

At first blush, I was like, Damn it! George got to ride in the Monkees car?!

coaster

I suppose this is what happens when space exploration moves to the private sector. Dimwits and reality shows.

phrodo

Anybody else wonder where the passenger seat of that car is? Surely Tommie didn't eat it...   :o 

Lunger

They should send a poet.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2015, 04:58:10 PM
I suppose this is what happens when space exploration moves to the private sector. Dimwits and reality shows.

Hey it's got to be profitable.

jazmunda

Quote from: Paul on March 02, 2015, 05:02:37 PM
Hey it's got to be profitable.

And that is why our society is doomed. If Kim Kardashian said she wanted to go into Space then E! would make it happen in a heart beat. If this were to eventuate I hope she is sent up in space with HAL.

Expect more HITS now on BELLGAB.