• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 01:37:40 PM
Yes I would, but to be clear I think that no matter what I said or showed to people as proof I would be believed by some and hated by others, at least I would know. Whatever the news I am sure I would be headed for the modern day Cross, but yes I would go.

Art

Art--if you went you wouldn't be able to understand what anyone is saying.  I guess you can spy out the cross and the tomb--if they don't carry you off as a strange sounding mad man.  You could bring a translator but then you'd need faith this person would be honest with you. 

That said would I believe you if one day you said you came back from 2000 years ago?...well lets say I'd need some very strong back-up evidence!

BobGrau

I notice no-one seems interested in actually rescuing the poor bastard.

dan7800

In a cruel twist of fate, what if a genie allowed you to have a time machine, but you HAD to send Joorch.

Snoory: "J. Christ... Who are you and why are you hanging up there on that lower case T?"

JC: "I am dying for the sins of man"

Snoory:"Fascinating.... Have you ever seen a UFO? I'd love to see one."

Pale Horse

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 02, 2015, 01:29:43 PM
Hi Art,

If you could cover The Meaning of Life that would be great.  It doesn't have to be a whole show.  Maybe just 15 minutes at the end.

The Meaning of Life can be inferred by reading the entire "Musings of Falkie2013" section of this website, duh.

Art Bell

Quote from: DesertFox on March 02, 2015, 02:11:52 PM

Art--if you went you wouldn't be able to understand what anyone is saying.  I guess you can spy out the cross and the tomb--if they don't carry you off as a strange sounding mad man.  You could bring a translator but then you'd need faith this person would be honest with you. 

That said would I believe you if one day you said you came back from 2000 years ago?...well lets say I'd need some very strong back-up evidence!

You have made my point perfectly, no matter what I would not be believed, it's cool.

Art

ManiacMatt

Hey Art,

Would you volunteer to go to Mars?  I read an article recently of a team that is being formed to colonize Mars.  Many people have volunteered.  I think about 33 Americans have been selected.  It's a one-way trip of course!  It takes 7 months just to travel there. 

onan

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 02:32:36 PM
You have made my point perfectly, no matter what I would not be believed, it's cool.

Art

I think Sagan handled the conundrum very well, and Foster drove it home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opZ1E1bF3Ds

Pale Horse

Art

It's like when you tell people that the Muslims, Christians, and Jews all worship the same God. They all worship the old testament God of Abraham. Some people don't want to believe you even if it's true. Believing is a personal choice, apparently. Have Faith, Art. We love you.

DesertFox

Art

Now if you broadcast directly through time...now that would be a different story!  And what a coup that would be.

PS--plus I wouldn't believe my own momma without evidence!  But with super strong evidence, you never know...maybe then.

Art Bell

Good question, NO I would not, just to get there and say wow red rocks? Not as big a question. I will accept the words of those who go.

Art

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 02, 2015, 12:29:54 PM
So this is the area where intelligent conversation takes place? Finally.
Makes sense since this is where big Papa Art comes to check on his flock every now and again.

Dear Art, Please interview some articulate 9/11 conspiracy theorists. Inquiring minds still want to know what happened. Or at least hear about all the crazy anomalies of that day. Also this phenomenon called 'persistent contrails' that is whiting-out some areas of the sky needs discussing.

P.s. We love you. Please come back. Who cares about the music. We just want your voice, heart and mind.

P.p.s. George Noorey eats boogers laced with Fukushima radiation.

Are there even any articulate truthers out there? I mean it is hard to comprehend that concept when such a group is lead by the likes of Alex Jones, and Judy Wood who are both batshit insane.

Pale Horse

Quote from: DesertFox on March 02, 2015, 02:43:45 PM

Now if you broadcast directly through time...now that would be a different story!  And what a coup that would be.

PS--plus I wouldn't believe my own momma without evidence!  But with super strong evidence, you never know...maybe then.

Live interview broadcast along a wide spectrum of dimensions. Might be interesting. Doubt we'd listen to him though, even if authenticated as the actual Jesus Christ. Maybe he could give us much needed carpentry tips.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 02:44:38 PM
Good question, NO I would not, just to get there and say wow red rocks? Not as big a question. I will accept the words of those who go.

Art

Haha!  I agree!  It's a barren planet.  It would be very rough.  I think the 7 month trip alone in a small ship with other people would drive me insane.

Pale Horse

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 02, 2015, 02:50:47 PM
Live interview broadcast along a wide spectrum of dimensions. Might be interesting. Doubt we'd listen to him though, even if authenticated as the actual Jesus Christ. Maybe he could give us much needed carpentry tips.

What if Jesus implored us citizens of the future to lay down our arms, end all our military objectives immediately and spend all those hundreds of billions annually to easily feed the hungry of the world. Use the manpower and money to dig wells, bring clean water and food to the world's neediest populations. Would you do it? Would you be in favor of it? Or are you too scared of Terrorists? What if Jesus said in his inter-dimensional Art-Bell interview that he would return pronto if we laid down our arms. Would you do it then?

Nick el Ass

Quote from: ManiacMatt on March 02, 2015, 02:52:15 PM
Haha!  I agree!  It's a barren planet.  It would be very rough.  I think the 7 month trip alone in a small ship with other people would drive me insane.

Yeah, the idea of being stuck in a tube with no place to go would be really hard for me to handle.

Art Bell

Ha, another very good question, I am afraid I would not unless I saw everybody else doing it. Pretty sad really if you think about it. It kind of makes you wonder about the nature of Man. The ONLY thing we have (so far) given up is Nuclear weapons and only because we can not figure out how to use them without getting a owee ourselves.

Art

DesertFox

Speaking of the language problem--reminds me of Charlton Heston on The Planet of the Apes...he shouldn't have needed to see the Statue of Liberty to know he was on Earth.  As soon as he heard apes speaking perfect English...he should have had a clue right off!

onan

Quote from: DesertFox on March 02, 2015, 03:10:41 PM
Speaking of the language problem--reminds me of Charlton Heston on The Planet of the Apes...he shouldn't have needed to see the Statue of Liberty to know he was on Earth.  As soon as he heard apes speaking perfect English...he should have had a clue right off!

not to mention the moon.

Art Bell

I guess owee is not a real word, my Daughter says it when hurt. But get this: Google says it means One World Everybody Eats.

Art

onan

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 03:19:58 PM
I guess owee is not a real word, my Daughter says it when hurt. But get this: Google says it means One World Everybody Eats.

Art

Count me in on that picnic.

bateman

Art

What, no monuments?  ;)

Quote from: bateman on March 02, 2015, 03:25:26 PM
What, no monuments?  ;)

Monuments, squirrels, big heads, housing complexes, bodegas. There all there, Bateman. Do the math.

I'll get my coat  ;D

coaster

Art
Red rocks? According to Richard Hoagland, there are beautiful sea-side properties on Mars. I've got a time share there myself.

Art Bell

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2015, 03:29:49 PM
Red rocks? According to Richard Hoagland, there are beautiful sea-side properties on Mars. I've got a time share there myself.
Ok then, when the one way people confirm all that I will book my ticket, in the meantime what a great social experiment. I wonder if they will go Donner Party on each other?

DesertFox

Speaking of time travel and belief--who here believes John Titor?  And I'd also LOVE if Art ventured an opinion here.

onan

Quote from: Art Bell on March 02, 2015, 03:35:09 PM
Ok then, when the one way people confirm all that I will book my ticket, in the meantime what a great social experiment. I wonder if they will go Donner Party on each other?

According to one of the selected, the mission expects deaths within the first 68 days. I dunno what provisions are supplied. But I am guessing significant operator failure, well before food runs out.

pyewacket

Quote from: BobGrau on March 02, 2015, 02:19:34 PM
I notice no-one seems interested in actually rescuing the poor bastard.

Excellent point! I find the whole concept of blood sacrifice, especially human, immoral. Why would a deity need this and what kind of deity demands it?

Could Jesus have been an overzealous preacher whose beliefs caused him to sacrifice himself?

coaster

I honestly don't think they will make it. Have they even figured out the logistics of the trip? Seems to me you would want to figure out what exactly you are going to do before you pick a group of people to go. And while I respect the idea of visiting Mars, I have to question the mentality of people who are willing to go on a one way trip that will more than likely kill them.

Art Bell

Well most people who think such travel may be possible think changing things would either be impossible or not advised.

Art