• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

How about Ian Punnett for the time traveler? As long as he did not "threaten the Hoover."

Avi

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 02, 2015, 12:09:40 AM
As for men of faith, perbaps a Pastafarian.  If he came back still wearing his sacred colander, everyone would know only an act of Jesus could have kept him alive.

Freddie will just have to don a colander. It would look fetching with his space age, skin-tight rompers.

jazmunda

Art did you ever plug in that time machine that was sent to you?

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on March 02, 2015, 12:30:54 AM
Art did you ever plug in that time machine that was sent to you?

I've been dying to know this.  Would love to know if Art ever got back in contact with the MadMan too.

Chaim

Can we be sure Jesus even existed as the man we're told in the bible?
I've seen some people claim we do (mostly from Roman texts), but then others claim Jesus is just a fantasy man in the tradition of other religious figures that came before him.

Redwolf

Quote from: Art Bell on March 01, 2015, 10:38:11 PM
Here is a Time Travel question, if we were able to put together the silly amount of power it would require to send only one man back to the time of Jesus to observe the events of his life and then return to report the events without bias, who would you send and would you make it a Man of Science or a man of Faith?

Art

[attachimg=1]

coaster

Wanna take a ride?

Quote from: Chaim on March 02, 2015, 12:46:14 AM
Can we be sure Jesus even existed as the man we're told in the bible?
I've seen some people claim we do (mostly from Roman texts), but then others claim Jesus is just a fantasy man in the tradition of other religious figures that came before him.

Well, he would have to survive 40 days in the desert.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 02, 2015, 12:32:13 AM
I've been dying to know this.  Would love to know if Art ever got back in contact with the MadMan too.

I say we find Madman Marcum, and send him back if he hasn't already taken a trip of his own.

lonevoice

Quote from: Avi on March 02, 2015, 12:03:24 AM
Zoroastrians spoke Persian dialects, not Aramaic. Still, I'm all for sending the most famous Zoroastrian of our day (it's time travel - we can go back and get him):

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now (Official Video)

I nominate the agnostic astrophysicist Dr. Brian May, CBE, PhD, FRAS

The man who wrote his PhD thesis on the radial velocities in the zodiacal dust cloud, and also wrote the iconic anthem “We Will Rock You,” isn’t a Zoroastrian, but some of his best friends are.

“If you say ‘there is no God,’ where is evidence there is no God? You can say ‘I don’t know.’ Being an agnostic to me is a scientific point of view, which is supportable.” â€" Dr. Brian May July 26, 2011

Morgus

Here is a Time Travel question, if we were able to put together the silly amount of power it would require to send only one man back to the time of Jesus to observe the events of his life and then return to report the events without bias, who would you send and would you make it a Man of Science or a man of Faith?

Art
How about an independent reporter we can count on, like Linda Moulton Howe?

Though according to some of your past guests, a device called the "Chronovisor" has already been used to view past events in history like that without needing to send someone back, you could just watch and perhaps video record a past event with it...

SnapT

Art

I would send man of science Andrew D. Basiago, because he remembers obscure details and has a lot of time travel experience.
http://youtu.be/_MGXHHOPXEQ

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Morgus on March 02, 2015, 02:22:47 AM
How about an independent reporter we can count on, like Linda Moulton Howe?

There is a certain host out there who would be lost without the love of his life.

Chaim

Jean Claude Van-Damme,
in any case it must be someone who is a good fighter and can defend himself.
Probably lots of cutthroats and no police there.
should of course be armed with a good sword and a sidearm and lots of ammo.

Nick el Ass

I say we send Bruce Campbell back because he has had to travel through time a time, or two... and knows how to handle himself.

https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/564497649609764867

onan

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 01, 2015, 10:26:14 PM
Flat Diet Vanilla Pepsi, past the expiration date. With rust on the can. And a broken pop top.

I believe that is the only way it is sold.

pate

Blind Melon - No Rain

My parents tell me that I missed out out on sumthin'...

I'd like to call for an 'mergency GabCast, to figure out what 'twas...

Y'all a bunch o' jackwackons...

Chaim

Steven Seagal
in
HARD TO TIME
a man sent back in time to meet Jesus
I'd love to watch that.

pate

Quote from: Chaim on March 02, 2015, 02:31:33 AM

Jean Claude Van-Damme,
in any case it must be someone who is a good fighter and can defend himself.
Probably lots of cutthroats and no police there.
should of course be armed with a good sword and a sidearm and lots of ammo.

Huh?

Greetings from Chuck (The epic christmas split)

edit: Enya - Only Time (Official Music Video)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Chaim on March 02, 2015, 05:04:15 AM

Steven Seagal
in
HARD TO TIME
a man sent back in time to meet Jesus
I'd love to watch that.

That's not John Goodman?

dan7800

Art

Betty White since she is the most trustworthy person on the planet.

pate

Betty would give no Buffalo Bull.  You got that right, dan...

IcicleTrepan

Art

How about send a guy with a camera that offers no opinion and only records the events on video.  Then we make up our own mind.  Plus imagine the fat stacks of youtube money!!

How about sending a reporter who's open to the impossible.  Someone like Kolchak.

Paradox

Re time travel and sending either a scientist or man of faith back to the time of Jesus to observe:

It would have to be someone trained in observation and unbiased recording of their observations.  Not necessarily a man of faith as well, but perhaps someone who is accepting of the concept of Universal Mind.  I was thinking along the lines of Erwin Schrödinger, David Bohm or Henry Margenau.  All of whom are dead.

If I had my real druthers and it could be anyone, I'd pick either Terence McKenna or Douglas Adams.  I'd even consider Robert Anton Wilson.  But for someone alive today?

Bruce Lipton?

cweb

Art
I think the answer depends on who is answering here. I'm torn between the two, personally.

A man of religious faith or spiritual faith? Or a combination? The two are different. Plus you have to expect whomever gets sent to reinterpret the story of Jesus to fit their own lens and values.

So what type of story would I like to see, personally? One that de-emphasizes rituals in favor of carrying forth the positive values. But stays objective along the way. Which is pretty damn impossible. So I default to a man of science.

Good grief, people. Send Richard Dawkins.

If Jesus can convert Paul, he can certainly convert Dawkins.

If Dawkins comes back unconvinced, than it was a big fairy tale.

puzzle solved. Next?

pate

Art

Art,

Respectfully, I'd try to do a sing-a-long:

Monty Python - always look on the bright side of life (with lyrics)

Apologies if this is the wrong answer...