• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Chaim

Quote from: Art Bell on February 28, 2015, 11:44:37 PM
All these visitors should get a login and Jump in! What is the worst that can happen? Loss of all dignity, self-esteem, all sense of right and wrong, wait, that's the best case.
Art
hi Art!

I think one way to give a bonus value to subscribers is obviously an archive of your shows with guest info and topics AND to include any pictures or documents you're talking about in the show, or links to them.
John B Wells said in his Caravan show, the bonus value for his subscribers is to SEE the show - I disagree.
It is of course nice to have some videos, but most of the time I really only want to listen, not watch a video, and I prefer to have the option to easily find any pictures that people talk about directly.
So your webmaster should really put these things together for each show.

morgana213

Abnormal lurker here.  Reported.

WOTR

Quote from: morgana213 on March 01, 2015, 02:14:41 AM
Abnormal lurker here.  Reported.
self reporting is not allowed.  It is much like self analysis. ;)

I guess when they welcomed you and attempted to compel you to "post often" that it did not take?

Needle woman

Think of all the first time listeners moving to 9 pm!

jazmunda

Quote from: DesertFox on March 01, 2015, 02:02:03 AM
Hey ART--Will there be an option to listen to the POADCAST with the music?  Say if there needed to be an extra charge for that.   I'd pay extra for that and the FULL Art Bell experience.

Because I might not be able to listen all the time at night and would hate to miss the music.

I'm not sure you can offer downloads with music even for subscribers. Coast offers their shows in two formats. A downloadable version which you can keep but does not include the bumper music and a streaming version of the show with the music which you can listen to but cannot download to keep.

morgana213

Quote from: wotr1 on March 01, 2015, 02:19:28 AM
self reporting is not allowed.  It is much like self analysis. ;)

I guess when they welcomed you and attempted to compel you to "post often" that it did not take?

Yes, it did not take.  I mean, no, it did not take.  Can this be reported?

ADG12311990

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on March 01, 2015, 02:08:37 AM
Coast is a shell these days so I doubt any Art Bell fans still listen, even out of habit. Why anyone would suffer through a four hour infomercial for Carnivora riddled with even more commercials, I'll never know.

I suppose it's an excuse to play the "GNS Drinking game." Granted, by the end of the first hour, you'll be dead from alcohol poisoning, but.... It's the fun that counts.

DesertFox

Quote from: jazmunda on March 01, 2015, 02:20:41 AM
I'm not sure you can offer downloads with music even for subscribers. Coast offers their shows in two formats. A downloadable version which you can keep but does not include the bumper music and a streaming version of the show with the music which you can listen to but cannot download to keep.

So are you saying that one option for Art would be a REPEAT of the show that you stream AND HAS MUSIC but you just can't save it?  If so, I'd be down with that.  Or am I misreading you?

jazmunda

Quote from: DesertFox on March 01, 2015, 02:28:03 AM

So are you saying that one option for Art would be a REPEAT of the show that you stream AND HAS MUSIC but you just can't save it?  If so, I'd be down with that.  Or am I misreading you?

That is exactly what I was saying.

It might differ for Art's situation depending on the deal he has with the "Big Player".

popple

Quote from: Needle woman on March 01, 2015, 01:57:51 AM
You guys are cracking me up tonight. :). So if Art starts at 9 pm, who's going to listen to Dave at 10 pm?  Me thinks Dave will be blown out of the water.  ;D
I may tune in to hear him in his death throes. Forced to wind down before a man lands on mars. It's the end. The DaveBot apocalypse. Not by pizza rolls, but by Art <3

jazmunda

Quote from: Needle woman on March 01, 2015, 01:57:51 AM
You guys are cracking me up tonight. :). So if Art starts at 9 pm, who's going to listen to Dave at 10 pm?  Me thinks Dave will be blown out of the water.  ;D

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it does it still suck?

DesertFox

Quote from: jazmunda on March 01, 2015, 02:29:48 AM
That is exactly what I was saying.

It might differ for Art's situation depending on the deal he has with the "Big Player".

That's cool!  Then I'd get a repeat with music--that's all I need.  Thanks for the info.  Hope Art does that--worth the money.

Needle woman

Quote from: popple on March 01, 2015, 02:30:40 AM
I may tune in to hear him in his death throes. Forced to wind down before a man lands on mars. It's the end. The DaveBot apocalypse. Not by pizza rolls, but by Art <3

Yep....

popple

Is there any chance paid subscribers could get a small discount on items in the art's parts shop?  ;D

WOTR

Quote from: morgana213 on March 01, 2015, 02:23:11 AM
Yes, it did not take.  I mean, no, it did not take.  Can this be reported?
In cases as unclear as this I would often suggest that you PM MV.  However, he often has his PM's turned off and the easiest and quickest way to reach him is by hitting the "report post" button.

As an alternative, I have heard the rumour that he appreciates it if you respond directly to the notification email that you may receive telling you that you have a PM here.  I KNOW that goes directly to his "in box".  And I KNOW he appreciates it...
Quote from: MV on February 21, 2015, 12:57:49 PM
The only system not working properly is the one under your thick cranium. Again... stop replying to the PM notification emails. The person you're communicating with will not see the reply. It instead comes to me. For the 80th time.

Needle woman

Quote from: jazmunda on March 01, 2015, 02:32:02 AM

Big Time!

lonevoice

Quote from: Ds9james on March 01, 2015, 01:29:37 AM
Hi Art
Have you ever considered KNYE to broadcast your show?
Please initiate me!
That's the reason he's told everyone to email him at KNYE.com.  He's hiding in plain sight.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on March 01, 2015, 02:08:37 AM
Coast is a shell these days so I doubt any Art Bell fans still listen, even out of habit. Why anyone would suffer through a four hour infomercial for Carnivora riddled with even more commercials, I'll never know.

Sure there are some of us who still listen. Mainly because someone has to keep track of the suck, and partly because we are gluttons for punishment. I totally blame Art Bell for making me a fan of late night radio, a rampant insomniac, and someone who has an insatiable appetite for knowledge... and listening to the show in its current form makes you realize what happens when that hunger goes away. Like in Dave's case.

Chaim

Quote from: popple on March 01, 2015, 02:35:23 AM
Is there any chance paid subscribers could get a small discount on items in the art's parts shop?  ;D
that would be smart. subs should get -10% on various goodies Art can sell, like coffee cups, tshirts, mouse pads, etc. of course!

morgana213

Quote from: wotr1 on March 01, 2015, 02:38:56 AM
In cases as unclear as this I would often suggest that you PM MV.  However, he often has his PM's turned off and the easiest and quickest way to reach him is by hitting the "report post" button.

As an alternative, I have heard the rumour that he appreciates it if you respond directly to the notification email that you may receive telling you that you have a PM here.  I KNOW that goes directly to his "in box".  And I KNOW he appreciates it...
Hahaha!!  Thank you for your kind instructions.  That makes reporting easy!   ;) 

I love this forum!  I think I may need an intervention.....

b_dubb

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 10:51:20 PM
Hi once again, funny nobody has even guessed who our big player is but things with them are going very well indeed with respect to all my (3) main requirements and it looks good indeed.

On another subject it truly amazes me that Dave is involved in a fight to what? Shut down all the sights playing MY old shows? I am shocked that he is not chasing the thousands of sites that pilfer his large stock of the best of Dave stuff, oh wait, now I get it.

Art

"All I'm asking for people is for DaveBots with frickin laser beams on their head people" - Dave

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2015, 12:24:48 AM
that's been tried in the past and it never worked out well.  too many cooks... when you're a hammer... all that stuff.

I could totally be a mod. I'd change my avatar to some weird picture of a weird dude. Make short but funny rebuttals to randos, occasionally explode and cuss out falkie IN ALL CAPS, and mostly just quote stuff I find funny and say
"Heh heh"

Quote from: jazmunda on March 01, 2015, 02:32:02 AM

By definition, sound requires three components:
1) an audio source (eg/ a tree);
2) a medium of transmission (eg/ air); and
3) an audio receiver (eg/ an ear).

I think suck is just suck.

Chaim

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 01, 2015, 03:46:39 AM
By definition, sound requires three components:
1) an audio source (eg/ a tree);
2) a medium of transmission (eg/ air); and
3) an audio receiver (eg/ an ear).

I think suck is just suck.
sound doesn't require an ear. it doesn't stop to exist just because you don't listen to it.

Quote from: Chaim on March 01, 2015, 05:56:30 AM
sound doesn't require an ear. it doesn't stop to exist just because you don't listen to it. pretty dumb "definition".

That's the physical definition.  If there's no receiver it's just a pressure wave, not a sound.  Check an introductory physics text.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 01, 2015, 03:27:24 AM
I could totally be a mod. I'd change my avatar to some weird picture of a weird dude. Make short but funny rebuttals to randos, occasionally explode and cuss out falkie IN ALL CAPS, and mostly just quote stuff I find funny and say
"Heh heh"

Only some sort of a fruit would conduct himself in that manner.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 01, 2015, 06:06:44 AM
That's the physical definition.  If there's no receiver it's just a pressure wave, not a sound.  Check an introductory physics text.

Take that George, come July you'll only be a "pressure wave".  Deal with it.

Chaim

Quote from: Northern Nights on March 01, 2015, 07:57:31 AM
Take that George, come July you'll only be a "pressure wave".  Deal with it.
lol. that was good.