• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Danger!UFO

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 01, 2015, 12:12:59 AM
I hear ya, Danger!UFO.  Too much moderation would kill the spirit of the place.  My philosophy is this:  go ahead & post what cha like, and if I think it's gross I'll say so.  Everybody's happy.

Agreed!

Hi battleborn. Congratulations! You are now officially semi civilized and vaguely lovable. And, as part of the secret initiation process, please ask Art if he's ever considered KNYE for his broadcast.

sydtron

Yes indeed guests. Sign up and post.  Allways a good discussion found somewhere around here!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Danger!UFO on March 01, 2015, 12:06:19 AM
...maybe MV needs to add a  few moderators.

that's been tried in the past and it never worked out well.  too many cooks... when you're a hammer... all that stuff.

ks3484

Quote from: Art Bell on February 28, 2015, 09:20:45 PM
Well we are trying to pick a speed that will sound good but also try and bear in mind that not everybody has fast Internet yet. I will send it out at 128 but we are still thinking about the main stream, lots to consider, a Podcast minus the music does not really gain much from 128.

The main idea is a good LIVE Stereo stream for all, then everything else. We will carry some commercial content (Not to much) to pay for all this and depend on Podcast for the rest.

All of this would not be possible without our Partner. As you have heard the music cost is insane, so we need a Partner to wrap us into a existing agreement. Nothing is easy.

Art

Say Art, who are/is your Partner(s)?

Quote from: sydtron on March 01, 2015, 12:19:37 AM
Yes indeed guests. Sign up and post.  Allways a good discussion found somewhere around here!

The few, the proud, the unwashed!

Wanted: empty open field and a rotary phone. Anything else need not apply.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 28, 2015, 11:30:45 PM
That is so gross, I wish that photo didn't exist.  Free speech, and all... do what you like, but, gah.
Probably the intended reaction.

And it looks like it doesn't!

LLAP  ;)

Catsmile

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2015, 12:24:48 AM
that's been tried in the past and it never worked out well.  too many cooks... when you're a hammer... all that stuff.
KEEP CALM
         AND LET
      JESUS WITH
      THE O FACE
      TAKE CARE
   OF THE PLACE

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Catsmile on March 01, 2015, 12:32:49 AM
      JESUS WITH
      THE O FACE

that's how i'd like to be remembered.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Battleborn on March 01, 2015, 12:00:30 AM
Ok, after being a long time lurker, I have decided to take Art's advice and jump in! Dignity, self-esteem, those are overrated anyway. This is an interesting place to say the least and I look forward to going for a ride with all of you regardless of what may come to pass in July. Thanks for the push Art!

Welcome.

Danger!UFO

Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned Leonard Nimoy's "In Search of" TV series. Thanks for that! I bought the box set and haven't had time to watch it. Time to get it out. I didn't think of that show when I heard the news of his passing.

Does anyone know that date/year that Leonard Nimoy was on Art's show? ........found it on YouTube

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd7OPtadSN8

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0M9tFFllC8

Maybe posted elsewhere on the board but there it is.

pyewacket

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 01, 2015, 12:12:59 AM
I hear ya, Danger!UFO.  Too much moderation would kill the spirit of the place.  My philosophy is this:  go ahead & post what cha like, and if I think it's gross I'll say so.  Everybody's happy.

LLAP.   8)

I couldn't agree more, (Redacted)!

Danger!UFO

Quote from: Danger!UFO on March 01, 2015, 12:58:38 AM
Somewhere in this thread someone mentioned Leonard Nimoy's "In Search of" TV series. Thanks for that! I bought the box set and haven't had time to watch it. Time to get it out. I didn't think of that show when I heard the news of his passing.

Does anyone know that date/year that Leonard Nimoy was on Art's show? ........found it on YouTube

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd7OPtadSN8

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0M9tFFllC8

Maybe posted elsewhere on the board but there it is.

Wait! PIRATES!!!!  ::)

Don't worry, Art. If someone posts the new show we'll report them.

WOTR

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 01, 2015, 12:17:58 AM
Hi battleborn. Congratulations! You are now officially semi civilized and vaguely lovable. And, as part of the secret initiation process, please ask Art if he's ever considered KNYE for his broadcast.
I was hoping the next place I saw KNYE would be when Art announces that is the "big player" he has been in talks with and that he will, indeed broadcast from their studios.  Even if it is not true, I hope he post that before revealing the real identity of the partner.

However, this post made me laugh all the same.  I would suggest that battleborn be made to attempt to slip in a reference to KNYE in another thread so as to spread the idea further...
Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 28, 2015, 11:50:42 PM
Indeed we do not bite. Please join if you are a guest. We need more normal people.
That is assuming that normal people even lurk here.  I get the feeling if every one of them joined the ratio of normal to abnormal would remain roughly 1:100.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on March 01, 2015, 12:24:48 AM

Control freak. Reported.

WOTR

Quote from: Battleborn on March 01, 2015, 12:00:30 AM
Ok, after being a long time lurker, I have decided to take Art's advice and jump in! Dignity, self-esteem, those are overrated anyway. This is an interesting place to say the least and I look forward to going for a ride with all of you regardless of what may come to pass in July. Thanks for the push Art!
Welcome and love your screen name. Are you buy the Battleborn VOR?

WOTR

Quote from: jazmunda on March 01, 2015, 01:18:08 AM
Tattle tale. Reported.
I would like to report that I surrender...

bateman

Quote from: wotr1 on March 01, 2015, 01:19:31 AM
I would like to report that I surrender...

Quitter. Reported.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on March 01, 2015, 01:20:47 AM
Quitter. Reported.

This is not the thread to report about quitting. Wait. That's way too soon. Someone report me.   ;D

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on March 01, 2015, 01:23:30 AM
This is not the thread to report about quitting. Wait. That's way too soon. Someone report me.   ;D

Reported for reporting too soon.   8)

bateman

Casting aspersions. Double reported.

Ds9james

Hi Art
Have you ever considered KNYE to broadcast your show?
Please initiate me!

WOTR

Top right corner worthy post for amusement. 

If you want to type those words, there is already an "Art Bell quits" thread. 

(Did I mention that I have reported your post?)

Quote from: Ds9james on March 01, 2015, 01:29:37 AM
Please initiate me!
I have used up my quota and cannot report your post.  I'm sure somebody else will come along to initiate you soon.

Redwolf

Quote from: Art Bell on February 28, 2015, 10:38:15 PM
Sorry, Grey Goo is Nano Technology, and is ALSO a way the World may end

Art

[attachimg=1]

Needle woman

You guys are cracking me up tonight. :). So if Art starts at 9 pm, who's going to listen to Dave at 10 pm?  Me thinks Dave will be blown out of the water.  ;D

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on February 28, 2015, 09:20:45 PM
Well we are trying to pick a speed that will sound good but also try and bear in mind that not everybody has fast Internet yet. I will send it out at 128 but we are still thinking about the main stream, lots to consider, a Podcast minus the music does not really gain much from 128.

The main idea is a good LIVE Stereo stream for all, then everything else. We will carry some commercial content (Not to much) to pay for all this and depend on Podcast for the rest.

All of this would not be possible without our Partner. As you have heard the music cost is insane, so we need a Partner to wrap us into a existing agreement. Nothing is easy.

Art

Hey ART--Will there be an option to listen to the POADCAST with the music?  Say if there needed to be an extra charge for that.   I'd pay extra for that and the FULL Art Bell experience.

Because I might not be able to listen all the time at night and would hate to miss the music.

Quote from: Ds9james on March 01, 2015, 01:29:37 AM
Hi Art
Have you ever considered KNYE to broadcast your show?
Please initiate me!

Attempting to be reported violation.  Reported.

Everybody else, ignored.

Coast is a shell these days so I doubt any Art Bell fans still listen, even out of habit. Why anyone would suffer through a four hour infomercial for Carnivora riddled with even more commercials, I'll never know.