• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: wotr1 on February 28, 2015, 04:01:05 AM

***Or is using Jorch to promote Art in very poor taste?  Using an inferior broadcaster to promote a superior almost seems to go against the laws of the universe...

Wow.  Jorch was really hitting the Kiwi extra black for that shot.  Or maybe it was part of his deal with the devil.  "Satan... I wanna be a talk show host, no matter how bad I suck, and, oh yeah... make my wig and stache that extra evil black you get from the pit of Hell."

indigoo

Quote from: Morgus on February 28, 2015, 03:52:52 AM
In the live Dark Matter radio interview with Keith Rowland this last hour, he mentioned the earliest date Art Bell could start the new internet streaming show was July 20.
He also said Art was OK with having any on-demand or podcast download versions of the shows be without any bumper music (just like its done on c2cam's streamlink podcasts for example) but the live stream will have the full bumper music and be available with a higher bitrate stereo live stream too.

Damn good, damn good. Can't wait and hope all is figured out. More I think about it the more I understand Art's desire for the music.

That live show will be something .

NowhereInTime

Quote from: DesertFox on February 28, 2015, 12:55:03 AM
Hmmmm...where are the people who were on here who shouted at the top of their lungs that Art was faking about coming back after the NC and was playing us for fools?  They were so smug about it.

I wonder.
I will reply on the record that after the "can't play my music" message I did, in fact, condemn Art for what, at the time, I felt was a precursor to cancelling the show. I don't think I was smug, but i was irrational. And wrong.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 28, 2015, 01:52:39 PM
I will reply on the record that after the "can't play my music" message I did, in fact, condemn Art for what, at the time, I felt was a precursor to cancelling the show. I don't think I was smug, but i was irrational. And wrong.

This board is best served being irrational. The passion for Art is alive and well here. Anything else would just be, well, Nooryish.

BellGab...the final frontier,

These are voyages of UfoShip.com...

Zoxo

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 03:33:26 PM
Ok, our big player is still very much in play, if need be we will look at others. I will let you know when we sign on the dotted line and agree to this ten Year NC.

Have I mentioned KNYE?

Art

OMG, a ten year non compete??? Art they and you better make it work! Time to bring REAL entertainment back on the air!

MikeJ

I am happy to report that despite rumors to the contrary, I was able to listen to Art on u7Radio this morning.  It was a show about Ebola from May 11, 1995.  I am not sure if Noory is trying to shut the site down by legal means, hacking or whatever, but at least for now he is failing, as usual.

Art Bell

Quote from: awguy on February 28, 2015, 06:55:52 AM
Oh My Gawd. That's Hilarious! I've never heard that one before.

God that was funny, I also had not heard it, somebody was late on the switch. "Gee, I hope she didn't get into a accident or something" Colon Blow? haha Really?

Art

I'm worried Art's becoming one of the haterz.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on February 28, 2015, 03:59:10 PM

he'll be closeting with us soon enough.

Maybe he eats rats like the rest of us according to Noory.

Juan

We're a bad influence.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on February 28, 2015, 03:52:28 PM
God that was funny, I also had not heard it, somebody was late on the switch. "Gee, I hope she didn't get into a accident or something" Colon Blow? haha Really?

Art

Yes.  Colon Blow.  Really.  Ask bateman.   ;D

Art Bell

No not me. Hate will eat you up. Yes some nasty things he has done have upset me but hating Dave would be about as useful as hating bad weather with about the same result.

Art

ItsOver

I hear cats really love the stuff.  Especially if they're Geminis. ;)  Jorch, what a dork.  Keep praying for Goatsy, Jorch.

jazmunda

One of us. One of us. One of us.

Quote from: Art Bell on February 28, 2015, 04:05:21 PM
No not me. Hate will eat you up. Yes some nasty things he has done have upset me but hating Dave would be about as useful as hating bad weather with about the same result.

Art

In a perfect world noory wouldn't suck and you two would get along.

Alas, noory sucks and you don't like him because he is supportive of Tommy & lisa.

popple

"She fell apart or sumptin"

He was just so casual about one of his callers possibly dying in a horrible crash while on air with him. "MY GOSH!"

sydtron

Art

Art, way off topic.  But, what is your main rig when on the ham bands?   Im getting my General soon. And I only have a Baofung Handheld.  Im sure I wont get anything fancy as you. But going to get a good starter multi band model.

Heather Wade

Art, you're so fortunate to have had the opportunity to interview Mr Nimoy. 

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 28, 2015, 04:37:37 PM
Art, you're so fortunate to have had the opportunity to interview Mr Nimoy.

Yes, listened to it yesterday. A shame he could only do a half hour.

Art

I hate hate.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 28, 2015, 01:52:39 PM

I agreed with you at the time.  Very happy to be wrong, I don't think it was 'irrational'

popple

I'm in the GNS thread. Reliving the memories of Bateman terrorizing C2C and imagining everyone running around in the background. 

*SHIVERS DOWN MY SPINE* Glad he's on our side.

Heather Wade

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 28, 2015, 04:58:46 PM
Yes, listened to it yesterday. A shame he could only do a half hour.

Spock would say it is illogical to grieve, but I has a green-blooded, pointy-eared sad today.

But vaguely lovable

Art

No one 'hates' George, that's his term. 

sydtron

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 28, 2015, 05:08:24 PM
But vaguely lovable

No one 'hates' George, that's his term.

"Hate", nonono...  we use the english dictionary as a cattle prod. 

bateman

Quote from: Art Bell on February 28, 2015, 03:52:28 PM

Art

I'm tickled you enjoyed that.  ;D