• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

bateman

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 03:33:26 PM
Ok, our big player is still very much in play, if need be we will look at others. I will let you know when we sign on the dotted line and agree to this ten Year NC.

Have I mentioned KNYE?

Art

ItsOver

Quote from: ManiacMatt on February 26, 2015, 04:19:13 PM
Are you serious?  Dave noory is such an ignoramus.  What a shame C2C doesn't have a host that understands and respects what Art did.
For real.  Jorch was greeting listeners with it until somebody told Mr. Dumbass he wasn't in Nye county.

Daggit

Art, respectfully, if you are afraid that the vultures will come when you wade in the uncharted waters then I think you need to be suitably equipped to fight them. You don't take a knife to a gun fight. Get advice from an entertainment lawyer. You probably don't want the expense of that but surely a lawsuit down the track will be even costlier.

Lt.Uhura

Ugh...try reading the headache-inducing legalese in the user agreements of just two of these web/podcasting hosts. It's enough to scare anyone off.  I hope Art can find a way to do this as a fully independent broadcaster.

Radionomy

http://board.radionomy.com/tools/en/documents/2_ProducerPact.pdf

BlogTalkRadio
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/termsofuse.aspx

popple

My wee gee just scared the beegeezies outta me. IT SPELLED K-N-Y-E!!! 

...before that it spelled F-R-E-E-A-R-T

ItsOver

Quote from: Daggit on February 26, 2015, 04:38:24 PM
Art, respectfully, if you are afraid that the vultures will come when you wade in the uncharted waters then I think you need to be suitably equipped to fight them. You don't take a knife to a gun fight. Get advice from an entertainment lawyer. You probably don't want the expense of that but surely a lawsuit down the track will be even costlier.
+1

channer1

Art,if the bumper music situation starts looking bleak, and is a "deal-breaker" for you........CHARGE US......I don't know what the number is, but I know there is a number that makes this work.  I currently pay for content from two other podcasts, and I would pay five times what they charge me to get you back on the air.

Understand this isn't in your initial plan, but do hope you consider it before hanging it up.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 26, 2015, 04:39:48 PM
Ugh...try reading the headache-inducing legalese in the user agreements of just two of these web/podcasting hosts. It's enough to scare anyone off.  I hope Art can find a way to do this as a fully independent broadcaster.

Radionomy

Seems like Radionomy lets you upload up to 1000 songs, as long as you own the CDs.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 26, 2015, 04:39:48 PM

Radionomy

BlogTalkRadio
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/termsofuse.aspx

I read the Radionomy User Agreement last night, and it gave me nightmares.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 26, 2015, 05:51:04 PM
I read the Radionomy User Agreement last night, and it gave me nightmares.

The public owns the Green Bay Packers NFL Football team.
The Packers sell stock to fans that never expect to receive dividends or have a market to sell their stock.
It works because the fans want to  keep the Packers in Green Bay and make it impossible to sell the team to another city.

Any interest Art, incorporating and raising capital with a similar IPO as the Packers?

Probably enough talent on Bellgab to draft documents and place funds in trust for legitimate business expenses.

sydtron

See the  "as long as you own yer own CD."  Thing is what gets me. I think that falls under belgium law.
If that was the case. Anyone with a decent CD collection could blast the info airwAves and not get harrassed by you know who.

Juan

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 26, 2015, 06:07:22 PM
Any interest Art, incorporating and raising capital with a similar IPO as the Packers?
Selling stock across state lines brings in all kinds of Securities and Exchange Commission rules and lots of federal laws. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on February 26, 2015, 06:22:42 PM
Selling stock across state lines brings in all kinds of Securities and Exchange Commission rules and lots of federal laws.
Blasted Feds.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Juan on February 26, 2015, 06:22:42 PM

Now let's not get all negative ... first let's see what Art sez about the idea and then if he wants to raise capital, what level Bellgabbers would contribute. The legal 'way' to do it is down the road. I wouldn't expect Art to shoulder any burden with putting the 'deal' together, it would be a Bellgab project to show our support. 

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ItsOver on February 26, 2015, 06:35:43 PM
Blasted Feds.

BTW no stock would be sold across state lines. "Trust me" I have background and staffing to help put together a deal, if Art gives the go ahead and any significant interest  in  buying 'worthless" Dark Matter stock. Fund disbursements would be controlled by "trusted" Bellgabbers.

It be kind of cool knowing you had "skin in the game"  when listening to ART.   
Owning an offical ART BELL DARK MATTER stock certificate.
Cost per share $100.00   -    Face Value .10 Cents   -     Market Value???   -     Personal Value: Priceless

ItsOver

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 26, 2015, 06:43:37 PM
BTW no stoc
k would be sold across state lines. "Trust me" I have background and staffing to help put together a deal, if Art gives the go ahead and any interest  in  buying 'worthless" Dark Matter stock. Fund disbursements would be controlled by "trusted" Bellgabbers.
Sounds good to me.  I'm all in. ;)

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 12:50:23 PM
...Jeez, make any money and the vultures come. Read this link... http://podcasternews.com/2014/10/02/adam-carolla-podcast-patent-details/
I really hate to say this, but I had posted from my other account (WOTR) over a year back in this thread about that.  I know there was a lot going on at the time and you cannot keep up with the thread, but...
Quote from: WOTR on July 27, 2013, 12:17:12 AM
Being as you bring up Carolla, he is one of the people being sued because he has a podcast.  As I understand it, a company distributed tapes of magazines (long before the internet really existed).  Now they believe they have a patent on podcasts and companies are paying them millions.  Included is one link and you can do the research yourself.  It would be laughable if it were not so stupid (and the fact they have tens or hundreds of millions for an idea that did not work on technology that did not exist when they filed for a patent.)
http://splitsider.com/2013/01/adam-carollas-company-sued-over-patent-dispute/
And a link that will probably demonstrate to you why Art may not want to come back on podcast (and gives a pretty good, short summary of patents, podcasts, patent trolls and payments.)
http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/marc-maron-podcast-patent-interview/

Art Bell

Guys, I have 3 major must have items:

A Worldwide possible listenership by stream
A live FREE stream from 9PM-12AM Mon- Fri
My music

I have a big player who I believe can deliver these things.

If we get all that we will change things, it's looking good.

Art

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 06:57:28 PM

My music

Art

Big wet kisses Art!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ItsOver on February 26, 2015, 06:50:55 PM
k would be sold across state lines. "Trust me" I have background and staffing to help put together a deal, if Art gives the go ahead and any interest  in  buying 'worthless" Dark Matter stock. Fund disbursements would be controlled by "trusted" Bellgabbers.
Sounds good to me.  I'm all in. ;)

How many shares should we put you down for?

pate

Keep on trucking, Art.

Grateful Dead - Truckin'

Good to hear from you again!

Falkie2013

" Worthless " ?
Art could have Dark Matter stock printed up, have it autographed, sell it at face value 5 cents for $20 a shot.
People used to buy Playboy stock because the certificates had a nude playmate on it.
Maybe Art could find a stock of his old books, autograph a select # of those and the buyer could pay for the shipping and pay $ 5 more for the books.
Who wouldn't want a framed autographed stock certificate of Art on the wall above their paranormal book collection ?

Now onto another issue.
Noory has told me that Premiere is probably going to try to shut U7 down.
I've given him every LOGICAL argument for NOT doing so but he continues to defend Premiere, tells of their legal rights and refuses to consider going to the suits and tell them its counterproductive in the long run and in so many ways.
Or so it seems.
He broached the entire matter to me in a question and asked or MY opinion on it.
I told him MY sympathies lie with Art's fans and not a bunch of faceless corporate execs that only see profit and not the advantages of allowing such streams to continue.
I also told him that the fans would blame him and not the network if it happens.
I like George as a person but don't understand his not wanting to do anything to find a way to work with the people who love Art and crave even his old shows.
I just could not sit on this any longer. It disturbs me in a number of ways and is possibly deep down why I had so much trouble sleeping last night.
Noory just told me that people can download SIT for $4.95 a month. I think originally you couldn't. He also said Premrat has 5,000 SIT shows available.
How many shows did Art create anyway ?
If revealing this blows my interview with him, so be it, but I cannot also understand George's motivations in taking such a position.
People want and crave Art Bell and since the days of Napster, trying to close the barn door of streaming and what George said is piracy is long past.
I do wonder how much ACTUAL cash Premiere has on hand and if one could buy the network with $20-50 million in hard cash since they are supposedly broke. If I ever won the lotto for say, $ 300 million, I'd investigate doing just that and buy Premiere, re-organize, pay Noory off for his service and bring Art back.
Or create the all paranormal radio network with 24-7 paranormal shows and Art as the keystone at night.

WOTR

My music

Art
That actually thrills me.  There has to be some "big player" out there who would love to make this a reality.  I know that there are many "small players" here who fit the bill...

I should also add something positive to my post above... I really have not heard of any major patent issues since Adam- and that was a couple of years ago while podcasting has increased greatly in that time.  Perhaps a judge finally threw it out citing the stupidity of the far fetched, over reaching patent?

Quote from: Art Bell on February 26, 2015, 03:33:26 PM
Ok, our big player is still very much in play, if need be we will look at others. I will let you know when we sign on the dotted line and agree to this ten Year NC.

Have I mentioned KNYE?

Art

Art twists his mustache while twirling his black top hat. He stands above a frieghtened, gagged, and hog tied Falkie. Suddenly, without warning the railroad tracks begin to shake...Ft. Rock's loins have ached for years waiting for this moment...Falkie finally realizes, it's nearly midnight in the desert...the time is Nye.

Heather Wade

My music

Art

"I'm freaking out.  My people are freaking out.  We're all just fantastically flipping out."
Name the movie this quote is from.  Or not.  Meanwhile, I'm freaking out.   ;D

WOTR

I suppose being as I brought it up again I should have done a short Wiki search and I would have found that the patent troll may have been killed.  Personal audio is the patent troll...  It looks like they may have not only dropped the suit but settled a counter suit. 8)

Personal Audio dropped the lawsuit July 29, 2014, stating that the defendants were not "making significant money from infringing Personal Audio's patents." However, Carolla countersued, having already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars mounting a defense against claims he deemed unfounded. Among claims sought by the countersuit is a request that the initial patent be invalidated. [7] On August 15, 2014, Carolla and Personal audio filed a joint motion to dismiss after reaching a settlement, the details of which are confidential

Quote from: sydtron on February 26, 2015, 06:11:04 PM
See the  "as long as you own yer own CD."  Thing is what gets me. I think that falls under belgium law.
If that was the case. Anyone with a decent CD collection could blast the info airwAves and not get harrassed by you know who.

It has nothing to do with Belgian law. Just as any radio station should have a legal copy of a cd and not a cdr copy. People were uploading mp3 files that had metadata that referred to torrents or download sites.

Radionomy is where Skype was in 2004. Not yet a well known name but creating a buzz within the industry.

The only current worry I had was that their agreement with Sabam performing rights organization expired earlier this year and has yet to be renewed. They do have a 90 day fair play negotiating window and a new 5 year deal should be in place within a week or two.

Falkie2013

Quote from: boba FETT on February 26, 2015, 07:09:41 PM
Art twists his mustache while twirling his black top hat. He stands above a frieghtened, gagged, and hog tied Falkie. Suddenly, without warning the railroad tracks begin to shake...Ft. Rock's loins have ached for years waiting for this moment...Falkie finally realizes, it's nearly midnight in the desert...the time is Nye.

I would think that when it comes to Art the Snideley Whiplash would be George and Premrat not me.
Besides, I don't think there are any rail lines going to Pahrump.
And Art would have to catch me first. We DO have a speedy red Prius, y'know.  ;) :D

ItsOver

My music

Art
Keep at it, Art.  I want to play the happy song.