• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Guess what?  I got a fever, and the only prescription, is more artbell!

MV/Liberace!

Hey Art... idea for the new show: 

I'm wondering if there's a live radio news feed you can play when you take your hourly break.  I'm assuming the break will be at the top of the hour?  That would really give the show that classic sound and also provide some good content during the break which could also be padded with whatever ads you sell.

Scully

Quote from: Art Bell on February 01, 2015, 12:48:55 AM
Of course all my Bumper music will be there, how could I do a show without it?

Art

Once again, you've made a lot of people very, very happy to hear that, Art!  Your music choices are part of your genius.  :)

jazmunda

Quote from: Scully on February 01, 2015, 03:31:52 AM

Once again, you've made a lot of people very, very happy to hear that, Art!  Your music choices are part of your genius.  :)

I agree. They really set the tone of the show and Art was an expert in selecting the right song for the mood of that particular show.

BobGrau

Every Art Bell fan loves "the Paranormal" of course, but I'd suggest a strong dose of science, future tech, current events etc mixed in if you want to attract new listeners* - paranormal podcasts are ten a penny these days, and a true punk should always innovate.

*thuh nooo lissnurs!!!1

Scully

Quote from: BobGrau on February 01, 2015, 03:36:57 AM
Every Art Bell fan loves "the Paranormal" of course, but I'd suggest a strong dose of science, future tech, current events etc mixed in if you want to attract new listeners* - paranormal podcasts are ten a penny these days, and a true punk should always innovate.

*thuh nooo lissnurs!!!1

This sure sounds like Noory's ideas of "tweaking."  Shudder...

Good paranormal podcasts are hard to find.

ks3484

Quote from: coaster on February 01, 2015, 12:55:16 AM
^^

Alt 30 will give you ▲▲

You can change the size with font size ▲▲

and make them even bigger ▲▲

ks3484

Quote from: jazmunda on February 01, 2015, 12:56:31 AM
Fact: I have only ever sung along to ABBA listening to your show.

It's a secret I will take to my grave.

I will be glad to take it to your grave too.   :D

ks3484

Remember, a Booster is so much more than a fundraiser. T-shirts raise awareness, boost spirits and create a lasting connection like nothing else.

Select the type of campaign you want to run. A T-shirt Campaign or A Donation Campaign

Quote from: Art Bell on February 01, 2015, 01:03:39 AM
One last thing since we are on 666, Yikes 667 already!....."He gets it" is what GN's new Boss asked me to say.
Gee, just one last thing, that they have chosen that show only shows me that little beads
of sweat are on their faces. Frankly I don't care what they do, only what I WILL do.

Art

P.S. Georgie, when you are forced to mention my name after every show please throw something in about July!

Good times! You hear that Georgie, I mean Johnny? Art gets it, always has.

berry

My husband played an ABBA cd last night as a tribute to Art coming back. brought a big smile to my face.

ponyboysunset

I have no problem paying for Art! I am so excited for his return!

Take my money already!!! Where do I sign up for platinum membership!? :)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Paul on February 01, 2015, 01:15:30 AM
Yes,....
Yes it is....   8)
Ok, time to order new show listening supplies.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

BobGrau

Quote from: Scully on February 01, 2015, 03:43:28 AM

This sure sounds like Noory's ideas of "tweaking."  Shudder...

Good paranormal podcasts are hard to find.

Pardon? I was politely suggesting Art distance himself from the industry that noory-types wallow in. Let me put it another way - the paranormal fucking sucks these days. Why churn out the same old crap that Art mastered 20 years ago.

Oh yeah, and go to hell.

BobGrau

Quote from: BobGrau on February 01, 2015, 03:36:57 AM
...science, future tech, current events etc...

Pretty much every old Art Bell show that is still listenable this days were based on the above topics... fuck ed dames.

SredniVashtar

Because Art did it, and will do it, better than anyone. Everyone else's attempts at it suck because they have no interest in anything except themselves, whereas Art brought a genuinely inquiring mind to it - even the old shows from the nineties still have a frisson about them and that is all part of what Art brings to broadcasting that nobody else has managed. Trying to turn him into something he has no interest in would defeat the purpose. I am sure Art realises that you can't turn the clock back anyway and no doubt it will be subtly different, but I hope the core stays the same, and I am sure that most people do too. I couldn't care less about the paranormal except when Art is there to present it in an interesting and amusing way. Noory is a hack who caters to people who only half listen to what is going on anyway, and I think anyone can differentiate between a second-rater like him and a one-off like Art. I can't think of anyone else who has the capacity to make even gold brickers like Ed Dames somewhat interesting.

aldousburbank

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 01, 2015, 10:27:42 AM
Because Art did it, and will do it, better than anyone. Everyone else's attempts at it suck because they have no interest in anything except themselves, whereas Art brought a genuinely inquiring mind to it - even the old shows from the nineties still have a frisson about them and that is all part of what Art brings to broadcasting that nobody else has managed. Trying to turn him into something he has no interest in would defeat the purpose. I am sure Art realises that you can't turn the clock back anyway and no doubt it will be subtly different, but I hope the core stays the same, and I am sure that most people do too. I couldn't care less about the paranormal except when Art is there to present it in an interesting and amusing way. Noory is a hack who caters to people who only half listen to what is going on anyway, and I think anyone can differentiate between a second-rater like him and a one-off like Art. I can't think of anyone else who has the capacity to make even gold brickers like Ed Dames somewhat interesting.
This reminds me of the phenomena of listening to Rush (Vapor Trails album on repeat) for a few days which then makes the Grateful Dead sound like crap  :(

Delphi

Do any of you guys ever watch Through the wormhole with Morgan Freeman?  I hope Art talks about some of the topics on this show.

Also I would like for him to have van daniken back for some Ancient astronaut updates

sydtron

If he could somehow get Ed Snowden on the show. Now THAT would be  coup!  Also, maybe revisit pirate radio broadcasts on shortwave. See what is being broadcast now. As opposed to 15 years ago.

ItsOver

It's good to see the Art threads dominating BG again.  With great news.  Art Bell Forever -ABF!

aldousburbank

Quote from: ItsOver on February 01, 2015, 11:29:38 AM
It's good to see the Art threads dominating BG again.  With great news.  Art Bell Forever -ABF!
Eyenoeyeno thought I was crazy the other night when she picked me up at the airport and I told her that I think things have turned around and the world is now getting better. Now there's proof!

ACE of CLUBS

There is a 'void' in the paranormal field now ...... has been since Noory came on the scene.  Noory doesn't have the enthusiasm, nor the intelligence to do these type of shows.  Noory, with his disinterest in everything not self connected, has attracted an equally disinterested and dwindling listenership.

With Art's return, there should be a steady although slow rise in listeners to his type of show. 
Noory's listenership will erode further ....... he's just an uninteresting dullard.

maureen

Art, it is so exciting to have you back for the love and passion of radio. Love of the art, in whatever we do, is essential. You are definitely a beacon of hope in these times.
Paul, lovely to see you again! You are greatly appreciated!
Bellgabbers, you are wonderful!
... and re: George gets it. My take on that has always been that he got the job, not the intelligence or wit or interest. The only thing he got was the job, which he quickly made tedious.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on February 01, 2015, 01:03:39 AM
One last thing since we are on 666, Yikes 667 already!....."He gets it" is what GN's new Boss asked me to say.
Gee, just one last thing, that they have chosen that show only shows me that little beads
of sweat are on their faces. Frankly I don't care what they do, only what I WILL do.

Art

P.S. Georgie, when you are forced to mention my name after every show please throw something in about July!

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 01, 2015, 01:10:45 AM

It's on.

Because Georgie does kind of look like Jumpman aka Mario albeit a sleazier version, and a barrel was just thrown his way... and Princess Tommy has just wet himself in the studio.

The General

Quote from: jazmunda on February 01, 2015, 12:56:31 AM
Fact: I have only ever sung along to ABBA listening to your show.

It's a secret I will take to my grave.

I really hope it was "Dancing Queen."