• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on February 01, 2015, 12:56:31 AM
Fact: I have only ever sung along to ABBA listening to your show.

It's a secret I will take to my grave.

There's a mental image for ya.   :o   ;D

jazmunda

Quote from: popple on February 01, 2015, 12:57:31 AM
Never trust a Gnoory

It shames me so much that he is using that Avatar that I kicked a koala in the nuts the other day.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: jazmunda on February 01, 2015, 12:58:41 AM
It shames me so much that he is using that Avatar that I kicked a koala in the nuts the other day.

Did the little fella go cross eyed?

Art Bell

One last thing since we are on 666, Yikes 667 already!....."He gets it" is what GN's new Boss asked me to say.
Gee, just one last thing, that they have chosen that show only shows me that little beads
of sweat are on their faces. Frankly I don't care what they do, only what I WILL do.

Art

P.S. Georgie, when you are forced to mention my name after every show please throw something in about July!

Morgus

Quote from: Art Bell on February 01, 2015, 01:03:39 AM
"He gets it" is what GN's new Boss asked me to say.
Thats an important point that Noory of course didn't bother to mention recently when on the air he brought up your "George gets it" quote again too...  8)

Morgus

P.S. Georgie, when you are forced to mention my name after every show please throw something in about July!
;D ;D

DanTSX

Damn.

Art just kicked George and premier square in the nuts again.

8)

Heather Wade

One last thing since we are on 666, Yikes 667 already!....."He gets it" is what GN's new Boss asked me to say.
Gee, just one last thing, that they have chosen that show only shows me that little beads
of sweat are on their faces. Frankly I don't care what they do, only what I WILL do.

Art

It's on.

jazmunda

Quote from: Paul on February 01, 2015, 01:01:31 AM
Did the little fella go cross eyed?

He went from this:

To this:

Welcome back Paul.

jazmunda

Art

Ha! Georgie!

I hope that wasn't a typo.

Bring on July!

bateman

Art

Uncle Duke

Quote from: bateman on January 30, 2015, 11:59:18 PM
It is really hard to say. To date, I don't think the DMRN stream has ever cracked 1000 listeners on any given night. With Art back, that number would obviously increase, but I don't know if that means by a few thousand or by tens of thousands. I would actually expect the numbers to grow as time goes on, not drop off as they apparently did with Sirius.

Thanks for the input, Steve.  I must admit being surprised you expext Art's numbers to increase as time goes on, but I'll defer to your experience and background.  In any event, I'm trying to get a handle on the new show, and to do so I'm making a few assumptions based on information you and a few others who've done internets shows have provided here in the past.

So as a first cut, I'm going to optimistically assume an initial nightly audience of three times DMRN's best ever, or roughly 3K listener/night.  To account for your anticipated growth rate, I'll double Art's listenership by the six month mark, or 6K+ listeners by the end of calender 2015.
Clearly small potatoes by Art's halcyon days on C2C, numbers that would have been in the noise back in the day.  Not sure how 6K+ would compare to his SXM show, but I think it's a safe bet DM at least doubled/tripled that number on a nightly basis.

One of you told me here a year-plus ago that there was a talk radio industry standard "10:1" ratio of total listeners to listeners who actually call a talk show.  Knowing the caller quantity/quality on SXM's DM was disappointing, do we think a credible caller base can evolve from what I have assumed will be a significantly smaller overall audience on DMRN, even if all those potential callers have landlines?

The good news is, even if my best guess metrics are close to being correct, Art has said very limited commercials will be played.  This means he's not having to prove the value of his show to a bunch of bean counters, the only person he really has to impress is the guy footing the bills, Mr Art Bell. And we also know he's doing the show for the love of talk radio done right.  "Right" in this case to me means Art not having to listen to the "corporate suits" who want him to follow some cookie-cutter format/profile.  Nope, Art is free to do this his way, the right way.

So where does that leave us?  Well, sounds to me like fewer listeners/callers, but Art having total control of the show.  No question Art can hold up his end, the man could interview a radish and make it compelling radio.  I suppose the wild card will be the quality of guests he can get.  Frankly I'd rather hear that radish more than the majority of the retreads and throw-away guests from DM.  All the more reason for Art to get a first rate producer who will preclude the likes of Chunga and that goofy "UFO crash" kid from Utah from wasting both Art's and our time.

I'm optimistic, although guardedly so, at this point.  I know Art can do this if he really wants to make it work.

lonevoice

Quote from: bateman on February 01, 2015, 01:14:47 AM

I love it more.

Welcome back Art and Paul.  How fun is this?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Art Bell on February 01, 2015, 12:48:55 AM
Of course all my Bumper music will be there, how could I do a show without it?

Art

Oh sweet.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: lonevoice on February 01, 2015, 01:21:51 AM
I love it more.

Welcome back Art and Paul.  How fun is this?

Thanks!
I've missed you folks!! 

popple

The only reason the sirius numbers dipped was cause the free trials expired. It was no fault in the quality of content.

Also, reading Georgie's old comments here make for some laughs.

coaster

Exactly. I cannot wait until July.

popple

Frankly I don't care what they do, only what I WILL do.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paul on February 01, 2015, 01:23:55 AM
Thanks!
I've missed you folks!!

Hi, Paul. I enjoy watching your done fly.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: MV on February 01, 2015, 01:31:32 AM
Hi, Paul. I enjoy watching your d(r)one fly.

It's a great hobby...
Of course it's probably going to be legislated out of existence...
Hope I'm wrong on that one...

And thank you.

bateman

Seems like as good a time as any to repost this:

http://youtu.be/jXXSeZuvEZI

Producer-Paul

Quote from: DanTSX on February 01, 2015, 01:09:38 AM
Damn.

Art just kicked George and premier square in the nuts again.

8)

They have nuts?

popple

OH MY GOSH! If only we had been warned sooner :'( :'( :'( :'(

Heather Wade

Quote from: Paul on February 01, 2015, 01:52:51 AM
They have nuts?

According to calculations, the probability is low.

littlechris

Time for a George Noory "Death" Tomb. Does anyone know his birth date??

Photoshop is calling......

Daggit

Quote from: littlechris on February 01, 2015, 02:05:40 AM
Time for a George Noory Death Tomb. Does anyone know his birth date??

Photoshop is calling......

Show a little bit of class.

Daggit

Keep it up Art. I like what I'm hearing.