• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

I sent an email to George and Lisa lyon (show producer) pretty much saying Art has once again requested to stop dropping his name and he does not agree with the direction of the show especially telling people not to get vaccines. Also keep in mind that George has said all rude emails were sent from him, even if he said they were not in the email.

Lisa sent me this: You know the majority of the replies to his vaccine post were dubious of vaccines.  Art is from the 50s.  Closed minded.

George: [font=]No lowlife  he says he hadn’t heard from him inawhile………………..thats been about a year  grow up and get a life

Me: You realize Snooron was born in 1950 and is only 6 years younger? Also. SCOREBOARD lets look at ratings:

"Art Bell was 4th most listened to host- Bell’s show was at the time of his retirement the most listened-to late-night radio program, and fourth overall behind Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern, and Dr. Laura".  Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=109935

Nooron is 10th, but only because he inherited the show and all its affiliates. Source: http://www.talkers.com/top-talk-radio-audiences/

"ART BELL spoke to 10 to 15 million listeners per week, fourth among all talk-show hosts of the era" source: http://entertainment.time.com/2013/09/16/art-bell-radios-most-popular-weirdo-returns/
"The outer limits: A lone voice in the desert lures 10 million listeners" source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/the-outer-limits-a-lone-voice-in-the-desert-lures-10-million-listeners/2013/10/28/95615598-3ff6-11e3-9c8b-e8deeb3c755b_story.html
I've been keeping a eye on Noorys ratings they are in decline:
Present - 2.75 (http://www.talkers.com/top-talk-radio-audiences/)
1st half 2013- 3.25
2006-  4 million ( I recall reading an article cant remember website)
Since a pattern? Its so easy to see one your boss Nooron could probably see it! Keep in mind Nooron has more affiliates because premier has taken over a larger portion of radio stations. However, George isn't even number #1 in some major markets like Art was. Hell even NYC shitty red eye radio is #1.
face it C2C is failing! Thanks largely to shitty producing and a horrible host. Way to ruin the franchise!

No idea why but when I try to copy and paste it messing up the font size. anyway click on the image and you can see it. Looks like noory is taking a shot at Art again. I responded by telling him George is during a life show so he is either a liar by saying all rude emails are sent by him or he has quit paying attention on his show.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2015, 02:30:54 AM

No idea why but when I try to copy and paste it messing up the font size. anyway click on the image and you can see it. Looks like noory is taking a shot at Art again. I responded by telling him George is during a life show so he is either a liar by saying all rude emails are sent by him or he has quit paying attention on his show.

Lisa Lyon is either as illiterate as George, or it was him responding.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 30, 2015, 02:39:02 AM

Lisa Lyon is either as illiterate as George, or it was him responding.

Thats george. I got replies from both.

Also did george  Noory imply he was going to kill me? Said he will be around long after I move on. Seems like a death threat.  :o

Oh you can see my email adress that's cool I use that as a junk email anyway. No idea why I bothered to black it out.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 29, 2015, 06:59:44 PM
Or else what?  They would continue to not write him checks, not promote his show or their "network", and continue to do nothing to help him further his career?

Some threat...

heh heh, yeah, this was pretty much how I saw it, too.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2015, 02:41:05 AM
Thats george. I got replies from both.

Also did george  Noory imply he was going to kill me? Said he will be around long after I move on. Seems like a death threat.  :o

Oh you can see my email adress that's cool I use that as a junk email anyway. No idea why I bothered to black it out.

George says 'he's the best' when talking about himself?  What a dick.

Lol nah, I didn't read anything about a death threat in there.  I think he's just used to seeing his critics come and go because they all give up on him.  I doubt he understands that is the reason though.

SnapT

Bombshell E-Mails!  Art should sue C2C for libel.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 30, 2015, 02:51:39 AM
George says 'he's the best' when talking about himself?  What a dick.

Lol nah, I didn't read anything about a death threat in there.  I think he's just used to seeing his critics come and go because they all give up on him.  I doubt he understands that is the reason though.

Lol I'm joking. I'm just saying going to be around long after you" could be taken a lot of ways. I suck at picture capturing I cut the good part off. I'll fix it when I can get to a real computer.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2015, 03:04:00 AM
Lol I'm joking. I'm just saying going to be around long after you" could be taken a lot of ways. I suck at picture capturing I cut the good part off. I'll fix it when I can get to a real computer.

I know what you mean.  Navigating and posting here from a tablet is feeling pretty cumbersome.

Delphi

Ha good stuff that was a good read.. Wow .

AOL?? I didn't even know they still existed!

zeebo

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 30, 2015, 03:25:12 AM
AOL?? I didn't even know they still existed!

You know Noory still eagerly awaits the "You've Got Mail" guy.

Daggit

Is your email address artbellfan1@aol.com?

Do you also try to pass yourself off as Art with it?

You must be a hit with the ladies? :D

Quote from: Daggit on January 30, 2015, 03:30:09 AM
Is your email address artbellfan1@aol.com?

Do you also try to pass yourself off as Art with it?

You must be a hit with the ladies?

;D no I use it  when I have to enter an email to sign up for certain stuff on websites and send hater emails to george Noory.

littlechris

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2015, 03:32:22 AM
;D no I use it  when I have to enter an email to sign up for certain stuff on websites and send hater emails to george Noory.

OH BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE THE USER ARTBELLFAN1????????  WTF??!!!!!!!!!!!

Daggit

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2015, 03:32:22 AM

Ha ha. Noory must have peed in his pants when he saw an email from Art.

littlechris

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2015, 12:39:12 AM
False, the Nooron stopped for a couple weeks ( like 1.5 years ago) but quickly resumed and still mentions his name EVERY show he does.

Now that Art is planning to come back, watch Noorey start to sling the shit. This is exactly what happened last time. And sure enough, if Art does come back, Noorey and premier will once again start sabotaging Art's scheduled guests and we will go back to not knowing the guests scheduled for either program.

And once again I predict that Noorey will show up here with another provocative avatar to pick on the thin-skinned Bell.

Good Times.

Quote from: littlechris on January 30, 2015, 04:05:34 AM
Now that Art is planning to come back, watch Noorey start to sling the shit. This is exactly what happened last time. And sure enough, if Art does come back, Noorey and premier will once again start sabotaging Art's scheduled guests and we will go back to not knowing the guests scheduled for either program.

And once again I predict that Noorey will show up here with another provocative avatar to pick on the thin-skinned Bell.

Good Times.

He almost sounded exasperated tonight when he said 'and Art Bell' like he resented having to include Art but thought he would be criticized otherwise.  Or maybe I just read too much into it.

zeebo

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2015, 04:22:11 AM

Noory didn't say "in awhile" ... He said "for a very, very long time".  I was listening.  What a bunch of phonies.

littlechris

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 30, 2015, 04:14:49 AM
He almost sounded exasperated tonight when he said 'and Art Bell' like he resented having to include Art but thought he would be criticized otherwise.  Or maybe I just read too much into it.

LOL. It's staaaaaarting!!!!

George just shows his own insecurities when he attacks Mr.Bell. It's obvious that he is intimidated by his "return", I dont blame him for that. 

If Art would just come back and STAY, he would definetly be able to HURT C2C'S listenership. If Art kept it up for a few years, I can only imagine what would happen to C2C. There would start to be lots of internal fighting and  resentment towards Noorey as C2C's listenership continued to erode, possibly causing Premier to look for a new host to be able to compete with the mighty Art Bell.

Noorey is under contract  but they can always just settle on something and get  Snoorey the hell out of there!! But who would they replace him with???? Who can go up against Art Bell????? PSST!!

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 30, 2015, 12:39:12 AM
False, the Nooron stopped for a couple weeks ( like 1.5 years ago) but quickly resumed and still mentions his name EVERY show he does.

Those cue cards are near indestructible, and they haven't been updated in years.

dan7800

Send an email at least 3 paragraphs. George doesn't have the ability to comprehend anything more than 3-4 words at at time.

Just the fact that they are responding like they were is VERY unprofessional. If it were me, I'd just ignore the e-mailer. It just shows that they have very thin skin, which is surprising considering that they probably get lots of hate with the crap they spew out on a nightly basis.

Also, who on this board is STILL listening to that crap? I can sometimes listen to a host like Knapp for a few minutes here and there, but as soon as I hear George's voice I switch the channel. All Premrat cares about is $$$. Stop listening, stop talking about George and his shows (it generates publicity) and move on. It is obvious that a "new front" needs to be opened up for a paranormal talk radio host.

George could be interviewing a panel including the Ghosts of Ghandi, Lincoln and Babe Ruth, and I still couldn't listen.

Snoory: "So John.... First question for you. You were vaccinated weren't you. Is that what did you in?"

Nick el Ass

Noory and company sure are a classy bunch when it comes to dealing with criticism. No matter how harsh. I have sent messages in the past, and got a couple of responses form Lisa which I don't care to post... but she is not a very nice person to say the least. If she were in charge of any other job, and treated people the way she does she would be finished.

Quote from: dan7800 on January 30, 2015, 06:48:50 AM
Send an email at least 3 paragraphs. George doesn't have the ability to comprehend anything more than 3-4 words at at time.

Just the fact that they are responding like they were is VERY unprofessional. If it were me, I'd just ignore the e-mailer. It just shows that they have very thin skin, which is surprising considering that they probably get lots of hate with the crap they spew out on a nightly basis.

Also, who on this board is STILL listening to that crap? I can sometimes listen to a host like Knapp for a few minutes here and there, but as soon as I hear George's voice I switch the channel. All Premrat cares about is $$$. Stop listening, stop talking about George and his shows (it generates publicity) and move on. It is obvious that a "new front" needs to be opened up for a paranormal talk radio host.

George could be interviewing a panel including the Ghosts of Ghandi, Lincoln and Babe Ruth, and I still couldn't listen.

Snoory: "So John.... First question for you. You were vaccinated weren't you. Is that what did you in?"

I'm with you on turning off the show even when a decent host is on because of the fact that there are so many damn commercials, or bits with Noory's voice that it makes me sick. I bet Noory told the higher ups when others are on he needs to hear his own voice at every break because he is a control freak. 

wr250

Quote from: Nick el Ass on January 30, 2015, 07:15:59 AM
Noory and company sure are a classy bunch when it comes to dealing with criticism. No matter how harsh. I have sent messages in the past, and got a couple of responses form Lisa which I don't care to post... but she is not a very nice person to say the least. If she were in charge of any other job, and treated people the way she does she would be finished.

I'm with you on turning off the show even when a decent host is on because of the fact that there are so many damn commercials, or bits with Noory's voice that it makes me sick. I bet Noory told the higher ups when others are on he needs to hear his own voice at every break because he is a control freak.
more likely none of the fill-in hosts wanted to hawk carnivora or psychic pills after Rollye James left. only george would do it.

dan7800

I agree. She represents her company. If an AT&T salesperson publicly (all email messages can be made public) responded to a customer the way she did, they'd get canned that day.

Don't get dragged down to their level by even sending them an email. It is like arguing with a 4 year told.

cweb

Quote from: bateman on January 29, 2015, 06:16:36 PM
Quote from: cweb on January 29, 2015, 01:58:31 PMI'm just wondering what PremRat gets out of this aside from poaching a time-filler from DMRN.
I'm just wondering what other angles PremRat could have here.
It has to do with absorbing talent.
Makes sense. Can't believe I overlooked that! Maybe my growing disdain for JC is causing subconscious dissociation with the word "talent." (Despite it being industry jargon for the person behind the mic- not indicative of actual talent.)

Quote from: dan7800 on January 30, 2015, 07:26:12 AM
I agree. She represents her company. If an AT&T salesperson publicly (all email messages can be made public) responded to a customer the way she did, they'd get canned that day.
Seems like Church will fit right in. It's his right to do whatever he wants with his career, but his responses to criticism have felt subtly assholish. Not only that- he also doesn't seem genuine with how he talks to people.

It's sad that the "producer" of Art's old show would brush off a simple request to stop using his name. She has her current job because Art created that show. How disrespectful.