• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Yes, please comeback Art!

Also, I hope C crane picks up some of Art's tab as an advertiser.

AZZERAE

If you had no other reason to do something other than it being something that made you happy and you enjoyed, and then you stopped enjoying it and it no longer made you happy... You wouldn't do it anymore.

Perhaps I am not articulating my points accurately enough, which is why they're being misinterpreted.

dan7800

Art did sell KNYE.

The talent is there. The guests will be there.

If no talent Jimmy Church can move up in a year or so from nothing to the prestigious position of filling in for the great George Noory from time to time on the weekends, then Art can surely get a solid listener base from only doing weekend shows.

wr250

Quote from: dan7800 on January 29, 2015, 07:48:35 AM
Art did sell KNYE.

The talent is there. The guests will be there.

If no talent Jimmy Church can move up in a year or so from nothing to the prestigious position of filling in for the great George Noory from time to time on the weekends, then Art can surely get a solid listener base from only doing weekend shows.

look at the bright side, maybe super suck sunday w/ submerging artists will go away. one less day without noory, is well one less day without noory.
as far as "no talent" , "no talent" is better then noory and his anti-talent .

in addition, if art does weekend shows , he will be up against knapp at times. i dont think art would want to compete with his friend.
art has stated "if george knapp were hosting c2c full time, i would have no reason to return to radio"  or something similar.

Delphi

Yes I live the C crane plugs,  they have great products,  I'm gonna email them now

AZZERAE

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 29, 2015, 12:46:10 AM

"I just want to gather around a nice, toasty BellGab & listen to Art Bell on the air.  Is that too much to ask?"

Ditto!

Aw, that sounds great.

:)

cweb

Quote from: Delphi on January 29, 2015, 08:02:59 AM
Yes I live the C crane plugs,  they have great products,  I'm gonna email them now
I'm gonna call Bob Crane in the morning.  :)

Just like Church likely had this planned, I would hope that Art/Keith knew it was only a matter of time before Jimmy left and made the Coast invite more than a "one time thing." It was likely just a matter of rolling with what you can get for now.

I'm curious as to whether the producers will be too afraid to let Jimmy take callers, again.

dan7800

I've said it before, but I will say it again. Art and Knapp need to team up on their own network/show.

Who

Quote from: dan7800 on January 29, 2015, 09:49:07 AM
I've said it before, but I will say it again. Art and Knapp need to team up on their own network/show.

I agree.  I know Art sold KNYE several years ago but the new owner said he is welcome anytime.   Imagine Art and Knapp doing a new show from KNYE.  Even if it started one week each night.  Or weekends.  Art one night, Knapp the other.  Start their own network.  I have to believe new affiliates would sign up just as they did back in the 1990s.  Guests would be knocking down the doors to be invited on a new Art Bell/George Knapp show. Art and Knapp would put out 2 great shows each weekend, watch the affiliate count add up and then . . . see what happens.  I think great things would happen.  Art and George Knapp would enjoy it.  We would enjoy it.  Eveybody wins.

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 29, 2015, 12:46:10 AM

I just want to gather around a nice, toasty BellGab & listen to Art Bell on the air.  Is that too much to ask?

This.

Quote from: Doctor Who on January 29, 2015, 09:55:44 AM
I agree.  I know Art sold KNYE several years ago but the new owner said he is welcome anytime.   Imagine Art and Knapp doing a new show from KNYE.  Even if it started one week each night.  Or weekends.  Art one night, Knapp the other.  Start their own network.  I have to believe new affiliates would sign up just as they did back in the 1990s.  Guests would be knocking down the doors to be invited on a new Art Bell/George Knapp show. Art and Knapp would put out 2 great shows each weekend, watch the affiliate count add up and then . . . see what happens.  I think great things would happen.  Art and George Knapp would enjoy it.  We would enjoy it.  Eveybody wins.

This too.  Only...is Knapp able to escape the clutches of Premiere and do this?

Delphi

cWeb
QuoteI'm gonna call Bob Crane in the morning.
Ha,  awesome let's us know what is said

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Northern Nights on January 29, 2015, 10:02:04 AM

This too.  Only...is Knapp able to escape the clutches of Premiere and do this?

Noory has been taking a Knapp for a long time now.

Dateline

My opinion is that the Jimmy Church desertion is a part in the puzzle to whittle away at Art's reserves.  They are worried.  The fans of Art are loyal. 

Premiere dangled the bone and Jimmy Poochee jumped.  I honestly thought they would go after the whole Dark Matter Network, but when you can buy someone of so easy, why make the effort?

AZZERAE

I was listening to Fade to Black a short while ago, where someone tweeted Church comparing him to Art Bell.

I don't know...

Thoughts?

DesertFox

The fact of the matter is ART is now 70--so no guarantee if he starts that his health and vigor stays good. 

So if Art gives it a go and it's too much--then I won't blame him if it's a short final try.  I won't give him any shit--and i'll defend him.  I think and HOPE the great majority here see it that way.

I just want him to give it a go like he said he would.  Then whatever happens, happens.  I won't blame Art AT ALL.  At least we'd get to hear Art one last time--and if things go okay then maybe for a decent amount of time.

wr250

Quote from: Azzerae on January 29, 2015, 11:54:29 AM
I was listening to Fade to Black a short while ago, where someone tweeted Church comparing him to Art Bell.

I don't know...

Thoughts?

no, just ...no.

dan7800

Quote from: Dateline on January 29, 2015, 10:46:16 AM
My opinion is that the Jimmy Church desertion is a part in the puzzle to whittle away at Art's reserves.  They are worried.  The fans of Art are loyal. 

Premiere dangled the bone and Jimmy Poochee jumped.  I honestly thought they would go after the whole Dark Matter Network, but when you can buy someone of so easy, why make the effort?

There is no such plan. Jimmy sucks and is terrible at what he does. So is George. It is a match made in heaven.

dan7800

Quote from: DesertFox on January 29, 2015, 11:57:38 AM
The fact of the matter is ART is now 70--so no guarantee if he starts that his health and vigor stays good. 

So if Art gives it a go and it's too much--then I won't blame him if it's a short final try.  I won't give him any shit--and i'll defend him.  I think and HOPE the great majority here see it that way.

I just want him to give it a go like he said he would.  Then whatever happens, happens.  I won't blame Art AT ALL.  At least we'd get to hear Art one last time--and if things go okay then maybe for a decent amount of time.

My neighbor is 100 just took up quad copters. 70 is nothing to many people.

Delphi

Dan you need to sneak some pics of your neighbor,  it would be great to see a century year old man flying a drone

cweb

I'm just wondering what PremRat gets out of this aside from poaching a time-filler from DMRN. They may be trying to piss off Art, but whats the monetary value there? From their standpoint they must be legitimately afraid that Art is going to come back and kick their asses, otherwise who cares if he does some streaming on a little network?

Don't get me wrong, I think Art is a legend and could still have an awesome show. I'm just wondering what other angles PremRat could have here.

Heather Wade

Quote from: b_dubb on January 29, 2015, 04:18:46 AM
A toasty BellGab would involve copious COPIOUS amounts of scotch

I'm already interested.  When do we start?

DesertFox

Quote from: dan7800 on January 29, 2015, 01:33:30 PM

My neighbor is 100 just took up quad copters. 70 is nothing to many people.

Maybe but at that age, healthy is no sure thing...so I understand Art thinking that.

Delphi

With advancements in nanotechnology and electro-medicine I think art is in for a pretty long haul this time.. . Apart from health you are now able to get Internet streaming in your car/Big rig pretty easily

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 29, 2015, 02:27:35 PM
I'm already interested.  When do we start?

Every nite around 10pm for me.  But I don't like wasting good scotch on Noory shows, so for those I just sip on NyQuil.

laserjock

Art is probably glad Jimmy Spermch is gone.  While I realize that people need to climb the ladder for their careers, how they go about it, well, that's another matter.  We weren't there, but it seems that Jimmy is a back stabber.   I have a better voice than Spermch, and could handle guests much better than he does, but I don't really care to do radio for a living, I like what I used to do better, but I almost went to radio school when I was younger, did the voice trails and all that.  Having a voice isn't everything, you need a brain, a vocabulary, a good knowledge of current events, an good grasp of idioms, an extemporaneous brain...  Anyways, I agree with the idea that if Art does come back for a try, we shouldn't judge him harshly if it is too hard on him at his age eventually.  I'm over 50 and crap, it's tough at MY age.

If I had been Art, I'd probably have been happy staying in Manila with my new wife and child living a gentle life.  Just heard his old show where he explained his meeting Aireyn and while some might not believe his story, I do, because my own story of how I met my Filipina is also not typical.  The people there ARE sweet and kind.  The best way to describe the Islands is the phrase "gentle tropical breeze". 

Art, if you have any energy left after chasing your lovely gal around the house, do please give us another shot, even if for only 3 years and a few nights a week.  But first and foremost, take care of your family, that's the most important thing.

bateman

Quote from: Azzerae on January 29, 2015, 11:54:29 AM

I don't know...

Thoughts?

bateman

Quote from: cweb on January 29, 2015, 01:58:31 PM
I'm just wondering what PremRat gets out of this aside from poaching a time-filler from DMRN. They may be trying to piss off Art, but whats the monetary value there? From their standpoint they must be legitimately afraid that Art is going to come back and kick their asses, otherwise who cares if he does some streaming on a little network?

Don't get me wrong, I think Art is a legend and could still have an awesome show. I'm just wondering what other angles PremRat could have here.

It has to do with absorbing talent.

laserjock

Absorbing junior:  Jimmy church.

Delphi

Is that so. .  Maybe church will end up hurting rat in the future,  maybe it will blow up in there face