• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Daggit

Quote from: Azzerae on January 28, 2015, 12:15:50 PM
If I were him, I wouldn't come back. Not with this unpleasant atmosphere.

Says the guy who spent two hours trolling everyone in the gab cast chat.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Northern Nights on January 28, 2015, 06:32:01 AM
I think we all appreciate what Keith Rowland is trying to do but this is ART BELL we're talking about, not some wannabe podcaster in his bedroom with a laptop and a microphone.

words hurt, sir.  words hurt.

The General

Quote from: Delphi on January 27, 2015, 05:28:25 PM
Is eastern 1 hour ahead of Central?
Only if you're west of the Rockies.

Quote from: The General on January 28, 2015, 03:33:18 PM
Only if you're west of the Rockies.
Or if you are in Arizona at the wrong time of the year....

NowhereInTime

Quote from: jazmunda on January 26, 2015, 09:52:01 PM
This +1.

How many virgins do I need to sacrifice to make this happen?
Start with Falkie, then Mr. Fidget, then Albrecht and Zoo...

coaster

Quote from: Daggit on January 28, 2015, 02:41:45 PM
Says the guy who spent two hours trolling everyone in the gab cast chat.
haha

wr250

Art just needs the proper venue for his return and sad to say the 32kbps Dark Matter Radio stream just isn't the place.  I think we all appreciate what Keith Rowland is trying to do but this is ART BELL we're talking about, not some wannabe podcaster in his bedroom with a laptop and a microphone.

[attachimg=1]

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Falkie2013 on January 27, 2015, 07:39:19 AM

i am thinking of doing my own podcast, yes.

and calling it dark clutter. 😀😛
Or Wife Swatter.

malliard

alot of networks broadcast 128 kbps... dmrn, is the only one I have seen under 64 as there main stream, a few offer that as a mobile option.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Azzerae on January 28, 2015, 12:15:50 PM

If I were him, I wouldn't come back. Not with this unpleasant atmosphere.

Oh, for Pete's sake. He's not going to give up doing a show due to six people on a message board who question his intentions. If he is, perhaps he shouldn't start a new show. While I loved listening to him, I refuse to be a sycophant.

Delphi

Quote from: HorrorRetro on January 28, 2015, 08:02:00 PM

Oh, for Pete's sake. He's not going to give up doing a show due to six people on a message board who question his intentions. If he is, perhaps he shouldn't start a new show. While I loved listening to him, I refuse to be a sycophant.
I agree... Bellgab probably isn't even a fraction of his listeners.. There are more than plenty of his listeners who do not attend these forums

littlechris

Quote from: Delphi on January 28, 2015, 08:08:26 PM
I agree... Bellgab probably isn't even a fraction of his listeners.. There are more than plenty of his listeners who do not attend these forums

Actually, when Art came back this last time around, most of the people who called in were bellgabbers. Don't underestimate the amount of people (members and non-members) who frequent this board.

Delphi

Quote from: littlechris on January 28, 2015, 09:05:35 PM
Actually, when Art came back this last time around, most of the people who called in were bellgabbers. Don't underestimate the amount of people (members and non-members) who frequent this board.
Oh I get you man,  I even remember him mentioning our forum live on dark matter..  Just saying we aren't a majority. . Their are plenty of listeners that don't even know what a forum is and I'm sure plenty that are too paranoid to even have Internet.

Daggit

It really would be ironic if a site dedicated to praising Art was responsible for ending his career.

eddie dean

Art just needs the proper venue for his return and sad to say the 32kbps Dark Matter Radio stream just isn't the place.....

Agree, 32kbps in mono is really terrible.
Old AM radio habits die hard. I believe 32-40kbps is generally what the typical AM radio signal is. Why limit the quality on DMRN. Unless they are concerned about the number of listeners or bandwidth/server limitations.
I hope Keith bumps it up to 96 or 128kbps when/if Art returns.

Delphi

Well with the new devices we will have art on the road if we want.. also found this from Azzerae.
Quote“We think there’s a lot of underutilized potential in streaming talk and news radio content, which none of the leading music services offer,” Deezer North America CEO Tyler Goldman told VentureBeat. “The perception that there are two different kinds of consumers that only prefer either streaming music or talk radio is incorrect. People are interested in consuming both, but right now non-music streaming content isn’t easy to find.”

Deezer’s strategy for carving out a space in streaming services has been to identify smaller, niche areas of streaming audio that aren’t being service by all-encompassing music services that try to appeal to everyone. Take, for instance, Deezer’s first step into the U.S. with high-resolution streaming music service “Deezer Elite” for those that primarily want to listen to music over Wi-Fi where home audio systems are available to take full advantage of the superior sound quality. This logic is also why Deezer sees potential in Stitcher â€" especially with the forthcoming rise in connected cars via in-dash audio players that support Apple’s CarPlay or Google’s Android Drive platforms.   

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Daggit on January 28, 2015, 09:31:04 PM
It really would be ironic if a site dedicated to praising Art was responsible for ending his career.

That one out of every 80th post that's slightly critical being a hollow point bullet.

Rumor is Church is hosting C2C this weekend.

Daggit

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 28, 2015, 10:13:46 PM
   That one out of every 80th post that's slightly critical being a hollow point bullet.

a.k.a. cop-out career killers.

zeebo

Wtf is this supposed to be like Fight Club ... First rule of Bellgab is ... Don't gab about Bell?   ::)

eddie dean

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 28, 2015, 10:21:52 PM
Rumor is Church is hosting C2C this weekend.

This Sunday with Mike Bara
No surprise. Art and Keith made it pretty clear to JC that his weekend hosting gig on C2C was a "one time thing" or else.

coaster

Next time I don't want to do anything and need an excuse, I'm going to blame the people on the internet. That way I don't have to be held responsible for anything I do or say. It's everyone else's fault.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: eddie dean on January 28, 2015, 11:02:56 PM
This Sunday with Mike Bara
No surprise. Art and Keith made it pretty clear to JC that his weekend hosting gig on C2C was a "one time thing" or else.

Drama to follow...

coaster

Mike Bara is a pumpkin-headed fuckface.

For the non Bellgab Art Bell fans, I wonder when they will be getting their update. On facebook Art said he would have a update "soon" on the July situation. I hope we hear something within the next few weeks. But Art really needs to decide. It will take a long time to set stuff up for the show, find a producer, etc,. Not to mention marketing.

Really hope Art decides to go all in with getting back to the online airwaves. C2C SUCKS..

Heather Wade

Maybe that's what he's doing, trying to line up a producer & get his game plan together for the next few weeks.  If things fall into place is anybody's guess; I'm hoping they do.  He has had all this time to take care of this... but... ah... I don't have to bring that up, do I?

I just want to gather around a nice, toasty BellGab & listen to Art Bell on the air.  Is that too much to ask?

Whatever.  Just come back & show Murica how radio is done, Art.

b_dubb

A toasty BellGab would involve copious COPIOUS amounts of scotch