• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ItsOver on January 26, 2015, 04:13:40 PM
Church made a deal with the devil.

Jimmy Church did, too.

ItsOver

Is Church still pushing the Malibu Malarky?

Daggit

Quote from: Art Bell on January 24, 2015, 08:36:38 PM
First I did not miss any shows for Sirius/XM save for one when the studio in New York went down, none missed for my back or the spider bite.

I'll just leave this one here.

Marc.Knight

It is best if he just drifts into the sunset and leaves the best memories with us as they stand.  Why go down a road that he already foretells is rife with bitterness and a sense of failure?  I don't see much excitement in what he has said recently.  If it ain't fun for Art then he should find something else to do. 

Heather Wade

Quote from: Marc.Knight on January 26, 2015, 04:56:37 PM
It is best if he just drifts into the sunset and leaves the best memories with as they stand.  Why go down a road that he already foretells is rife with bitterness and a sense of failure?  I don't see much excitement in what he has said recently.  If it ain't fun for Art then he should find something else to do.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 26, 2015, 04:59:40 PM

a realist ray of sunshine.

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 26, 2015, 04:59:40 PM

I'm also in that category re: Art's comeback. It should make for a great Gabcast.

Nice that Art posted again, which means he's reading the thread. Art should do exactly what he wants to do and how he wants to do it and for as long as he wants to do it. He paid his dues a long time ago. It's funny, but I wasn't aware he'd posted until now, but coincidentally last night I was up with insomnia and listened to the Ghost stories Dark Matter and damn, he was on point and the Art we all knew and loved listening to. I'd forgotten how much I miss his shows.

Art, no matter what the format, if you have a show, I'll listen. The numbers may not be there, this is a different world now with a whole lot of competition but there's only one Art Bell, and  you're the one who started this whole format rolling a long time ago.

jerry

The About Us on DMR no longer mentions Art.  If I am not mistaken it used to say that this would be the home of Art's new show when the NC expired:

Hi,

I’m Keith Rowland webmaster and Internet engineer for over 20 years.

I built the DarkMatterRadio.net radio station and website to foster alternative programming expansion into Internet radio. I’d like to provide a platform for science, paranormal and other related topical radio shows to the fans of these topics. If you have any suggestions of good radio programs, let me know.

I use a dedicated computer to automate the playback of pre-recorded programs to a streaming service provider which can handle thousands of listeners, and use another computer to receive live shows via Skype and feed them to the stream also. After the programs are run for the first time during the evening, I replay these shows overnight for the late night listeners. During the daytime hours you may hear some other programs that I’ve found interesting to listen to.
Dark Matter Radio Network is available on the Tune-in app and listed in the Reciva directory. You can like the Facebook Page or follow the Twitter handle @DMRadioNet to keep track of the programs that are running.

â€" Keith Rowland

jazmunda

I think that may have been like that for awhile. I don't believe that that would have been a recent change. Remember Art had to distance himself from the Dark Matter Radio Network due to the Non-Compete early on in the networks history.

wr250

Quote from: jazmunda on January 26, 2015, 06:20:44 PM
I think that may have been like that for awhile. I don't believe that that would have been a recent change. Remember Art had to distance himself from the Dark Matter Radio Network due to the Non-Compete terroristic threat on the spec sheet early on in the networks history.

fixed.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on January 26, 2015, 04:32:51 PM
Is Church still pushing the Malibu Malarky?

Half his audience is from the alien-mermaid hybrids out there that bob up to the surface to catch his show.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on January 26, 2015, 06:53:06 PM
Half his audience is from the alien-mermaid hybrids out there that bob up to the surface to catch his show.
Yah.  Jorch has the crazy cat ladies and mouth breathers.  Sounds like a good match.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc.Knight on January 26, 2015, 04:56:37 PM
It is best if he just drifts into the sunset and leaves the best memories with us as they stand.  Why go down a road that he already foretells is rife with bitterness and a sense of failure?  I don't see much excitement in what he has said recently.  If it ain't fun for Art then he should find something else to do.

Fuck this. I want more Art Bell shows.

bateman

Quote from: ItsOver on January 26, 2015, 07:25:55 PM
Yah.  Jorch has the crazy cat ladies and mouth breathers.  Sounds like a good match.

Did that lady ever find the best astrologer for her 2 beautiful Maine coons?

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on January 26, 2015, 09:17:42 PM
Did that lady ever find the best astrologer for her 2 beautiful Maine coons?
Ha! Pray for Goatsy.  :))

Quote from: ItsOver on January 26, 2015, 09:27:24 PM
Ha! Pray for Goatsy.

Goatsy is always in my thoughts and prayers.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 26, 2015, 08:32:47 PM
Fuck this. I want more Art Bell shows.

This +1.

How many virgins do I need to sacrifice to make this happen?

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda rlink=topic=30.msg331914#msg331914 date=1422330721
This +1.

Give up your phone. I'll take care of the truckers and Jess.

popple

From Jimmy Church's comment section about leaving DMRN

Jimmy Church can't even locate his asshole, how is he supposed to locate Art's shadow? He couldn't even stand in it. Outgrow it? Pfffffffffffffffffft!!!

cweb

As much as I would love to hear new shows from Art, I would respect his decision if he doesn't come back. Health and family are always two good things to put first.

Like several others have said, 1 or 2 shows a week (or month) might be the way to go.

One way or another, my humble hope is that we find out what Art would like to do come July. All the best to you and yours, Art.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on January 26, 2015, 09:52:01 PM

Forums about talk radio provide an endless reservoir...

Quote from: popple on January 26, 2015, 10:10:36 PM
From Jimmy Church's comment section about leaving DMRN

Jimmy Church can't even locate his asshole, how is he supposed to locate Art's shadow? He couldn't even stand in it. Outgrow it? Pfffffffffffffffffft!!!

Art doesn't just cast a big shadow, he crushes people with it if they piss him off.

WOTR

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 24, 2015, 11:24:23 PM
Hi Art,

Great to see you back here. Whatever happens, make sure to choose the option that maximizes your happiness.

Cheers
100% this... It is your life, your family, your decisions and, ultimately, your happiness.  I would love to see you back in some form- but only if it is the right decision.  The last thing anybody here wants is another host phoning it in because the spark is not there.

If the spark is there and it brings you some joy I will be listening again.

Quote from: Art Bell on January 24, 2015, 08:36:38 PM
Hi again,

It's been a long time since I have posted. First I did not miss any shows for Sirius/XM save for one when the studio in New York went down, none missed for my back or the spider bite.

Second, I do still have the Flu and have had a bad back since I was in my 20s, sometimes it is ok and at other times I can not walk. Only people with bad backs can possibly understand.

Third, IF I decide to take a run a streaming it will be free while live as I have always said, this would be in July
after my Non-Compete is over. It would also be at my own expense and require a considerable investment. It will
also require a Producer which may be a problem because Paul may not be available, no Producer would mean no show.

Fourth, I have zero regrets about having left Sirius/XM and were I faced today with the same situation now, would make the same decision. The ONLY thing I would have done is to not have signed a contract with them in the first place without understanding their streaming problems, it was represented to me that they had a viable National and International stream in place, that is on me.

Fifth, If anything aside from my Health would hold me back it would be the people who as I have read on this board are already starting to say I will quit again, if I decide to give this a try at my age there is no guarantee
my Health will hold out and if it does not it might be wiser to not begin as opposed to facing all the grief I would get if at some point I could not hold up.

These are the things I am considering...

Art Bell

I don't know if he meant it to be, but to me this looks like a very bad sign to those hoping for his return.

The most positive thing about a possible return in the entire post is where he says "IF (capitalized, never good) I decide to..."

Does KYNE stream live from a website like most other radio stations?  Do they have producers, and anything else a radio show host would need?  Why not just do a show from there either on a schedule, or whenever the mood strikes, and people can listen online?

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 27, 2015, 03:12:14 AM
I don't know if he meant it to be, but to me this looks like a very bad sign to those hoping for his return.

The most positive thing about a possible return in the entire post is where he says "IF (capitalized, never good) I decide to..."

Does KYNE stream live from a website like most other radio stations?  Do they have producers, and anything else a radio show host would need?  Why not just do a show from there either on a schedule, or whenever the mood strikes, and people can listen online?

I've emailed Karen the owner this. She said she loves art and he's welcome on the station anytime but as far as she knows he is retired and has no comeback plans.

Falkie2013

I'm being told all kinds of stuff that I can't go into but I do wonder if Art's wife isn't that enthused about Art coming back. It was an embarassment the way Art was treated by Sirius. Maybe she doesn't want Art to go through that again. And then there's the business of no producer. Art needs a pro with nothing against Producer Paul.

Falkie2013

Quote from: littlechris on January 25, 2015, 08:32:57 PM
It would be a riot to hear Falkie interview Art Bell.

Falkie needs his own paranormal podcast.

Georgie Senda would be screaming at Art by the end of the interview!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

NO I wouldn't. One does not dare offend our desert sovreign.

I have too much respect for Art to do that while there are clowns on here who would go to Pahrump, stand outside his house and yell :

" Art Bell's a quitter. Art Bell's a quitter. Ah nah  nah  nah nah ! " over and over.

Now the traitorous Church, That's a whole 'nother issue.

As is Premiere and Noory.

Could it all be angels ... err ... a conspiracy ?

More on that in today's video, coming later.
[size=78%]
[/size]

littlechris

Quote from: nooryisawesome on January 27, 2015, 03:17:07 AM
I've emailed Karen the owner this. She said she loves art and he's welcome on the station anytime but as far as she knows he is retired and has no comeback plans.

Well, KNYE just totally redesigned their website for the first time in 20 years so maybe they are planning something? hmmmm.