• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Falkie2013

Quote from: Daggit on January 24, 2015, 10:55:29 PM
Falkie could be his new producer. He has recent experience in the podcast industry.

No, I couldn't. I was not the producer, though I might be able to get and book guests. I have tracked people down for other people and am somewhat good at it. I know scheduling guests and making sure they're on the air on time can't be easy.

But what just ARE Aer's health issues other than his back ?
I think the age thing is a bit silly.

The guy below, also a broadcasting legend, did a tv show for  43 years !
Back in the old days his signal reached even Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C. and Toronto so I did watch some of his shows.

Ramones on the Joe Franklin Show 1988

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/joe-franklin-dead-88-article-1.2090911

I think that accomplishment belies Art's age/longetivity argument a bit.
Art needs to as much as he is able to & not worry about the rest.
And I don't think Knapp could work with Art as he probably has a contract with Premiere.
Why not Bateman 1x a week simulcast on DMRN ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Let's just sit back and take the ride.
I agree with the sentiment that even if Art wants to do one or two nights a week--or heck, even just a weekend show, that would be fine. Just live, unscripted, under the covers of night, and open lines. Honest to God, isn't that what we all really just want?

But I want to last long enough for Art to wish us a Merry Christmas this time.

Juan

Good to hear from you, Art.  Like the others, I'll be happy for you in whatever you decide to do.  I do remember how happy you seemed to be doing two nights a week.

Lunger

Quote from: b_dubb on January 24, 2015, 10:20:02 PM
Art,
Thanks for the update. I hope you're feeling better soon.

What would a "considerable investment" be? Maybe a Kickstarter to offset some of the cost?

Take care and best wishes to you and yours,

b_dubb

That's a good idea!

aldousburbank

Quote from: littlechris on January 25, 2015, 12:11:42 AM
Really??  Steve Warner ROCKS!!!!!!!!
Yeah, normally I can't stand dudes named Steve, but Bateman seems ok.

Marc.Knight

The 9 lives of Art....

[attachimg=1]

dan7800

Quote from: zeebo on January 25, 2015, 02:59:07 AM
I propose Art as primary host with Knapp, Schrader, and Warner to round things out.  This combo would rule the night and smash c2c.

+1. I'd have no problem with Art coming back as a part time host, but having a radio network/show that he led up, largely even as just a consultant/figure head role. At a minimum, host 1 show a month when you felt like it, and just say "Hey, I've assembled you hosts because you don't suck, don't suck like GN and be cool" - And then walk away and let someone else do the daily grind of running things.

This way, you get to host a show as you feel comfortable, and with no regular schedule nobody can say "you quit" since you were never planned on being a regular.

\We are all utterly sick of GN, and the 45 minutes of commercials for every 1 hour of C2C. We also cannot handle any more stories about our carrots being poisoned by the government.

You don't need expensive equipment, you could talk into the mic on your computer for 1 hour a week and talk about the news/paranormal activity and then send to one of us to post however you'd like.

malliard

Quote from: Art Bell on January 24, 2015, 08:36:38 PM
Hi again,

It's been a long time since I have posted. First I did not miss any shows for Sirius/XM save for one when the studio in New York went down, none missed for my back or the spider bite.

Second, I do still have the Flu and have had a bad back since I was in my 20s, sometimes it is ok and at other times I can not walk. Only people with bad backs can possibly understand.

Third, IF I decide to take a run a streaming it will be free while live as I have always said, this would be in July
after my Non-Compete is over. It would also be at my own expense and require a considerable investment. It will
also require a Producer which may be a problem because Paul may not be available, no Producer would mean no show.

Fourth, I have zero regrets about having left Sirius/XM and were I faced today with the same situation now, would make the same decision. The ONLY thing I would have done is to not have signed a contract with them in the first place without understanding their streaming problems, it was represented to me that they had a viable National and International stream in place, that is on me.

Fifth, If anything aside from my Health would hold me back it would be the people who as I have read on this board are already starting to say I will quit again, if I decide to give this a try at my age there is no guarantee
my Health will hold out and if it does not it might be wiser to not begin as opposed to facing all the grief I would get if at some point I could not hold up.

These are the things I am considering...

Art Bell

There are many people who would help you...

I'd be happy with one quality show a week.

Marc.Knight

Art's kinda saying it without saying it... don't expect much in July.  If it happens it happens.

coaster

Quote from: Art Bell on January 24, 2015, 08:36:38 PM

If anything aside from my Health would hold me back it would be the people who as I have read on this board are already starting to say I will quit again
This part irked me a bit.  I'm not sure if I am reading this right, but it sounds like you are using your supporters and fans as a scapegoat. You wouldnt really let idiots on a forum decide your future would you?

aldousburbank

Quote from: coaster on January 25, 2015, 03:25:27 PM
This part irked me a bit.  I'm not sure if I am reading this right, but it sounds like you are using your supporters and fans as a scapegoat. You wouldnt really let idiots on a forum decide your future would you?
The dude be fucking with us.
It's all good Art. I gots your back hombre.

Heather Wade

I certainly hope not, coaster.  I've always thought the great Art Bell was the Crusher Of Trolls.  This is the man who pioneered the greatest open lines ever heard on radio.  JC was a troll of sorts, that Art so deftly swatted like a fly every time he called in (Fake or real debate aside).

Art is the brick wall trolls break themselves against. 

ItsOver

Not even Noory does that.  Unfortunately.

starrmtn001

I don't give a CRAP about his record, the result MIND YOU, of low life sewer maggots feeding on his good nature, his trust, and his impeccable honor!

I haven't listened to talk radio for years till  J. Church.  I enjoyed jc, who claimed he was "only filling in for Art" till that cowardly piece of crap turned traitor and joined radio sewage on c2c.

ART BELL ROCKS, and he always will!!!  I do, and will, ALWAYS support Art regardless of any decisions he makes!!!

MV/Liberace!

Hey, Art. Hope to hear you in July.

wr250

Quote from: MV on January 25, 2015, 05:10:14 PM
Hey, Art. Hope to hear you in July.
maybe sooner ,if you call into the Gabcast.

SnapT

Art, my prediction for 2015 is that you will return in July and stay on the air until years AFTER man walks on Mars!

DING DING DING

littlechris

I wonder if Art already has a name for his new show? Or maybe we can think of one for him. Steelbot where are you??

SnapT

Quote from: littlechris on January 25, 2015, 05:35:57 PM
I wonder if Art already has a name for his new show? Or maybe we can think of one for him.
I hope he will throw out DARK MATTER (too unoriginal) and choose my longtime favorite choice for an Art Bell show name, MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT. 

http://youtu.be/_5ajRC0t9yA

(Like Falkie, Art should play his theme song at the END of each show.)

Art should avoid all of these difficulties and become a host on the gabcast. Boom, production problems solved

Quote from: Agent : Orange on January 25, 2015, 07:18:00 PM
Art should avoid all of these difficulties and become a host on the gabcast. Boom, production problems solved

Art and Falkie together, on one radio show.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 25, 2015, 07:50:38 PM
Oh ok Art, you win. I'll be your producer. (I'm such a pushover.)

littlechris

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 25, 2015, 07:50:38 PM

It would be a riot to hear Falkie interview Art Bell.

Falkie needs his own paranormal podcast.

Georgie Senda would be screaming at Art by the end of the interview!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

littlechris

Quote from: SnapT on January 25, 2015, 05:52:32 PM
I hope he will throw out DARK MATTER (too unoriginal) and choose my longtime favorite choice for an Art Bell show name, MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT. 
That's actually a great name.

Danger!UFO

Art, please come even if it's just once a week. We need you! Whatever you decide is OK. We'll understand.

For the few that say you will quit there are so many more that will support you no matter what you decide. Give it a try. If you need time off we'll understand. Don't promise anything. Choose your own schedule. I think you'll have fun again if you give it a try!  :)

God bless you and your family. Stay well!

It reminds me of all of those Art shows where the shadow government, illuminati, and secret pharmaceutical corporation cops were out there and Art and his guests weren't intimidated by them. Secret, dark forces were always trying to get Art off the air.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 25, 2015, 09:56:06 PM
Secret, dark forces were always trying to get Art off the air.

Updated to include truckers with bad phone connections. And message board posters with an iota of cynicism. A dyad of darkness!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 25, 2015, 10:02:28 PM

Updated to include truckers with bad phone connections. And message board posters with an iota of cynicism. A dyad of darkness!
Don't forget the over-eager Australians.