• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on August 01, 2010, 05:26:23 PM
"Filling in for George, Art Bell talks with the Director of the UFO Research Center of Pennsylvania, Butch Witkowski, about UFOs and abduction phenomena, including startling evidence of human mutilations which mirror the evidence found at cattle mutilations scenes."
this definitely has to be celebrated.  it's art hosting the show again and on a topic that speaks to the show's roots.

mylesstam

Yes, very excited about Art bell doing a UFO show. It is interesting to listen to Art Bell these days. When he was doing shows sporadically you could hear the rust on his technique. Over the past few shows, since they have been closer together, seem to be better and better. Just my opinion. We may never get prime time six days a week Art Bell style again but it is damn good to hear the master finding a 2010 groove.

ArtBellFan

Looking forward to hearing Art again, I cannot remember the last time he did a show on UFO's, not sure this guest is the right one, he seems to be into a little bit of everything, ghosts, bigfoot, you name it, hope this guy isn't all over the place, but on the other hand sure Art can guide him in the right direction as only Art can do. 8)

mylesstam

>> Is there  a schedule for up and coming Art shows ? Or does he just come on when he feels like it ?
     It usually goes something like this:
     Tom:  George, Art's on the phone.
     George:  Art?  What does he want?
     Tom:  How the hell should I know?  Pick up the phone.
     George:  OK.  OK.
     [ George picks up phone ]
     George:  Art, my friend, old pal, I was just thinking about...
     Art:  You're taking Friday off.
     George: What?  I...
     George:  I've got a floating format this Friday.   Glyniss McCants, Lionel Fanthorpe..
     Art: What?  The numbers chick?  The "night before Christmas" guy?
     George: Yeah.
     Art: You're kidding me, right?  Right?
     George: Eh..no.
     Art: You're taking Friday off.
     George:  OK. <<

Oh this is too funny...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: mylesstam on August 03, 2010, 05:08:06 AM
   >> Is there  a schedule for up and coming Art shows ? Or does he just come on when he feels like it ?
     It usually goes something like this:
     Tom:  George, Art's on the phone.
     George:  Art?  What does he want?
     Tom:  How the hell should I know?  Pick up the phone.
     George:  OK.  OK.
     [ George picks up phone ]
     George:  Art, my friend, old pal, I was just thinking about...
     George: What?  I...
     George:  I've got a floating format this Friday.   Glyniss McCants, Lionel Fanthorpe..
     Art: What?  The numbers chick?  The "night before Christmas" guy?
     George: Yeah.
     Art: You're kidding me, right?  Right?
     George: Eh..no.
     Art: You're taking Friday off.
     George:  OK. <<

Oh this is too funny...
HA!

ArtBellFan

Originally slated to fill-in this Friday, Art Bell, and his guest, Butch Witkowski, have been rescheduled for Friday, August 27th.

Bummer!!!

ArtBellFan

Saturday 07 August 2010~Art Bell Replay about the Phoenex Lights from June 19, 1997
Art Bell on Phoenix Lights from 06-19-97 on August 07, 2010
6:00 PM Pacific - 9:00 PM Eastern

Somewhere in Time journeys back to June 19, 1997, when the talk of the town was the Phoenix Lights. Art welcomes a number of guests to talk about the implications of the fake news conference by the Governor of Arizona.

Guest: Bill Hamilton discusses the Phoenix UFOs.
Guest: Francis Barwood returns to discuss Gov. Symington's latest joke!
Guest: Richard Hoagland is acknowledged for predicting "something interesting" will be happening to Phoenix. Who thought the press would be boring down on Phoenix today?
Guest: Whitley Strieber (aka Victor NOT!) discusses the recent Phoenix UFOs and other related topics. Whitley also takes some calls

slipstream

Quote from: punkinpie on July 24, 2010, 05:04:17 PM
Quote from: MV on July 24, 2010, 01:40:27 PM
agreed.  while i don't like art's whole chicken little approach to global warming/climate change etc., it hasn't affected my appreciation of his broadcast mastery.  however, i just can't take any more shows on the topic.  enough is enough.  i didn't bother tuning in when he filled in last night.

It was great to hear Art back on, but if you missed it you didn't miss much.  The global warming thing has been beaten to death.  I wish he would have done a different topic.

Art's politics sure do seem confused the last few years.  Art voted for Obama this last go around.  This from a man who has traditionally been more of a conservative libertarian.  The whole global warming/major weather changes topic seems to have brought him closer to the Democratic Party.

mikemcc

I don't think Art's politics are confused -- he's just a libertarian in the most accurate definition of the term. Few dyed-in-the-wool conservatives would argue for weed decriminalization, for example, but Art does. And he was steadfastly against the latest Iraq war, even when many Republicans and quite a few Democrats were all for it. Like more and more people these days, Art seems to focus carefully on issues one by one rather than adopting a particular party platform. At one time I might have classified him as a fairly conservative Republican who disagreed on a few issues. Now, however, he disagrees so much with *both* liberal and conservative agendas that I really do accept him as a true libertarian. This might make him look politically schozophrenic, but only if you absolutely accept a two-party system, with no exceptions. 

Looks like they are trying again:

"Hosted by Art Bell

Guest(s):
Butch Witkowski

Friday August 27, 2010

Filling in for George, Art Bell talks with the Director of the UFO Research Center of Pennsylvania, Butch Witkowski, about UFOs and abduction phenomena, including startling evidence of human mutilations which mirror the evidence found at cattle mutilation scenes."

Should be good...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on August 20, 2010, 12:38:19 PM
Looks like they are trying again:

"Hosted by Art Bell

Guest(s):
Butch Witkowski

Friday August 27, 2010

Filling in for George, Art Bell talks with the Director of the UFO Research Center of Pennsylvania, Butch Witkowski, about UFOs and abduction phenomena, including startling evidence of human mutilations which mirror the evidence found at cattle mutilation scenes."

Should be good...
wow.  this could be the start of a trend!

The General

Art is supposedly on board to do 15 shows per year.  It doesn't seem like it though.

This show was supposed to occur earlier in the month, but was postponed until this friday. The last two shows that Art hosted were focused on the Oil spill, and we were all excited to hear Art host a UFO show. Now that it has been postponed we are all undoubtedly brimming with anticipation for this show.

So far this year it looks like Art has hosted 6 shows. Doubt that the contract runs on a calendar year, probably broadcast calendar from date when the agreement was signed. Otherwise he would have a lot of catching up to do!

Super excited for this show.

The General

Quote from: guildnavigator on August 27, 2010, 11:00:24 PM
here we go...

listening on my old 50's RCA table radio.

Sounds pretty good.

Well that's a beautiful radio!

The General

thanks.  It gets much better reception than my newer radio.  Plus it's AM only!

strange that it's 2:00 in the afternoon when art is an hour into his broadcast now... that's gotta be so drastically different from his pahrump days.

valdez

Butch Witkowski on alien abductions and mutilations.  Art believes in the ufo phenomenon.  He's seen one.  He buys into the Whitley Strieber story.  But he seemed doubtful and disturbed about the mutilation thing.  Why would they be doing it?   

The General

Quote from: valdez on August 28, 2010, 07:45:09 AM
     Butch Witkowski on alien abductions and mutilations.  Art believes in the ufo phenomenon.  He's seen one.  He buys into the Whitley Strieber story.  But he seemed doubtful and disturbed about the mutilation thing.  Why would they be doing it?

To harvest our precious bodily fluids of course.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on August 28, 2010, 12:10:41 AM
strange that it's 2:00 in the afternoon when art is an hour into his broadcast now... that's gotta be so drastically different from his pahrump days.
i'm sure it affects his feeling of the show and its aura.

Do you have the program in your streaming rotation?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on August 29, 2010, 12:58:57 AM
Do you have the program in your streaming rotation?
it will be soon.  all of art's appearances are added.

I offer in case I'm the only one here with an active Streamlink subscription.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on August 29, 2010, 09:48:21 PM
thank u for the offer.  each new art appearance is emailed to me by shirleypal from the fantastic forum.  she does a great job with it, and greatly reduces the amount of headache i have to suffer in acquiring the new broadcasts.

ArtBellFan

Quote from: MV on August 29, 2010, 09:52:33 PM
Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on August 29, 2010, 09:48:21 PM
thank u for the offer.  each new art appearance is emailed to me by shirleypal from the fantastic forum.  she does a great job with it, and greatly reduces the amount of headache i have to suffer in acquiring the new broadcasts.

That would be me who sends out Art's shows to you plus much more..btw Art mentioned he will be hosting again next weekend, great news.

So who are MV, inquiring minds like to know who I am sending shows to..