• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Swishypants

^ Fucking ABBA! Now I know!

Swishypants

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 08, 2017, 11:48:22 PM

* spotter breaks squelch twice *

Marine radio code for "My asshole is full of Vienna Sausages, only two more please!"

Swishypants

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 08, 2017, 06:55:13 PM
(an engineer at Hughes Aircraft in the halcyon Glomar Explorer days).

My naïve (and therefore accidentally brave) question: "Anything to all this Area 51, flying saucer business?"

-------'s answer: "I'll put it this way -- there are things I've done and seen for this country that I'll take with me to the grave."

This individual co-invented the jet fighter simulator.

ONI, Vaught Aircraft, Fixer. ;)

https://youtu.be/YOSgiP0OinY

GUNS! GUNS! GUNS!

Swishypants

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on November 09, 2017, 12:17:23 AM
Court ordered 'anger management' ...... how's that working out for ya' ... ?

This is the PTSD Bar & Grill, may I take your order...........CHICKEN-FUCKER!!!

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 08, 2017, 05:48:34 PM
No doubt it's been addressed here already, but -- whoa -- Art's recent Facebook panic.

He's drilled all the way through the bottom of the deep end.

Wish he wasn't so damn susceptible to the prevailing news-winds.

I listen sometimes to the golden era -- hoping to affirm my old high regard for the man -- and every time I'm disappointed.  The aw shucks credulity was always there.

Also, hello BellGab.

These posts?

QuoteKorea is on my mind, I think we are very close to conflict. We now have (3) Carrier groups there. Our position is: Korea must give up Nuclear weapons. N Korea says they will never give them up. If they were to keep them they would demand we leave S Korea and Japan. There is nothing to negotiate. My guess: it’s coming soon.

QuoteNote to Ham Radio Ops:
This situation with Korea is getting real, the most likely attack from them will be a EMP which they can do without re-entry. There is no guarantee of anything BUT: if you make sure you have a good common ground, disconnect all antennas, also disconnect from the power grid you will have a fair to good chance of being operational after and you will be needed.
Art W6OBB/4F1AB

Yeah, it's a bit much.

Jackstar

MEANWHILE...

Quote from: Art Bellblah blah Korea blah blah blah radio waves

How much more out of touch, can a man even be?? The mind reels.

paladin1991

Quote from: username on November 09, 2017, 01:12:14 AM
Fun fact, I'll actually get to enjoy the day a number of you actually pass away, I'll be here to celebrate.

You will probably break your neck stumbling down your mothers basement steps while high.  And I won't even know.  Or care.

paladin1991

Quote from: username on November 09, 2017, 01:19:40 AM
https://youtu.be/xFrGuyw1V8s

This will be played on repeat, it will be delicious.
Turn down the lights, put on your dead mothers dress, a slow sensuous dance with your drunken fathers hands manfully massaging your buttocks as he grinds his engorged penis against your clit like pee pee.  You know you shouldn't like it.  But you do.

Zopyrus

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 09, 2017, 07:16:01 AM
These posts?

Yeah, it's a bit much.

A bit.

Is he getting more religious, too?  One of the posts endorsed a "book" . . .

. . . which proved to be a young-earth evangelist's self-published birdcage liner.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 09, 2017, 11:17:44 AM
Turn down the lights, put on your dead mothers dress, a slow sensuous dance with your drunken fathers hands manfully massaging your buttocks as he grinds his engorged penis against your clit like pee pee.  You know you shouldn't like it.  But you do.

Bg's own resident pedophile

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 09, 2017, 11:17:44 AM

lol, jesus christ.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: mv on November 09, 2017, 02:25:16 PM
lol, jesus christ.

My thought's exactly, I hope the FBI doesn't check his computer's hard drive.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 09, 2017, 12:37:27 PM
A bit.

Is he getting more religious, too?  One of the posts endorsed a "book" . . .

. . . which proved to be a young-earth evangelist's self-published birdcage liner.

Didn't see that one. Him being a Las Vegas Shooter Truther I did see.

QuoteSomething stinks to high Heaven with the horrible slaughter in Las Vegas. I am not going to speculate when I don’t know the facts but I do have a more then strong feeling that something is very wrong with this story as we know it now.

Zopyrus

Quote from: Lord Grantham on November 09, 2017, 03:57:46 PM
Didn't see that one. Him being a Las Vegas Shooter Truther I did see.

I believe the title was "The Harvest."

Yeah, Vegas.  Classic fear-monger move: "I am not going to speculate . . . but . . . "

TigerLily

Quote from: sillydog on April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM
He doesn't care about Hollywood, he wants to know about physics and the big questions.  What made the show great is to contemplate some very weird stuff that was a tangent from something that you needed a few brain cells to rub together to get.  I mean, he has all kinds of scientists on and it's not boring.  Only Art could do that.

With some actual opinions of his own and some very sensible rules for good radio conduct, he presided over an orderly nut house.  Like a really good party that hovers right on the edge of chaos, but no one ever has to call the cops.

He travelled, he lived and he loved.  Only interesting people can do interesting radio.  Hence, the Noory problem.

Great right hand corner choice. Harkens back to the golden age of both Art Bell and Bellgab. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. But at least we can remember when

I still miss Art and George Noory still sucks

Nobody

Quote from: sillydog on April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM
Only interesting people can do interesting radio. 

For someone like Jean Shepherd (i.e. a radio personality who did not feature guests on his show) that might be true.  For anyone hosting a programme with guests, however, I would amend that to, "Only people who are interested in making other people appear interesting can do interesting radio."

Rightly or wrongly, I am not convinced Art Bell was ever genuinely interested in other people.  I am convinced he was entirely capable of feigning interest in other people for a few hours a night; for a radio audience, this is all that matters.  Once the microphone goes dead, you may then be as self-absorbed as you wish.

A very boring person can have a very compelling radio programme provided he is able to "step out of himself," so to speak, and take (or at least convincingly feign taking) an interest in someone else for the length of the show.

Sound simple?  It isn't, which is why there are so few good radio hosts in today's self-absorbed world.

Jackstar

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 09, 2017, 04:17:51 PM
Yeah, Vegas.  Classic fear-monger move:

Hi, New Guy. Who killed Kennedy?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TigerLily on November 11, 2017, 12:25:10 AM
Great right hand corner choice. Harkens back to the golden age of both Art Bell and Bellgab. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. But at least we can remember when

the golden age of bellgab?  when we had like six users?

Jackstar

Quote from: mv on November 11, 2017, 01:56:30 PM
when we had like six users?

When we could /ignore them.

Swishypants

heater

If you check the official FireFubepidia entry the “golden age of BellGab” was when people used Full size desktop browsers to view and post here.  Scientifically you can find a direct correlation to the ability to browse the site on the toilet with the end of the Golden age and beginning of what officials have coined the “crap age of BellGab”. It is generally considered as ushered in when a stalker posted on the this very thread while taking a dump on Art’s property in the bushes.

Not exactly.  There seemed to be a significant period of time when the moderatior was all happy horseshit and did regular podcasts, there were tons of fun smart perople posting regularly, Noory's suckage was a main theme instead of Senda's, people still thought the world of Art Bell and hoped he would perhaps return some day, the moderator wasn't continually tinkering with the forum to make it less and less functional.

Art Bell's sniper/stalker story did to Bellgab what Norry couldn't do.  Isn't it about time for that lame-ass to come by again, looking for adulation? 

ge30542

Quote from: TigerLily on November 11, 2017, 12:25:10 AM
And Heather is still getting better each day, amazing.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: ge30542 on November 11, 2017, 09:51:45 PM
And Heather is still getting better each day, amazing.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

But she won't be the queen of talk until she's mastered the quitening.

Zopyrus

Quote from: Jackstar on November 11, 2017, 01:00:03 PM
Hi, New Guy. Who killed Kennedy?

Riddick, plainly.

In the conservatory, with a candlestick.

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on November 12, 2017, 09:34:25 PM
//http://www.dailymail.co.uk/~/article-5075795/index.html#i-dd5b6885f1bb0451  Does this remind you of anyone?  :o

Yes, why wouldn't someone in her 20s want to marry some old goat in his 60s? 

When Art dies, where do you think Irene will move to?  There is no way in hell she stays in Puhrumph (ugh!).  Vegas?  LA?, San Francisco (plenty of Filipinos here)?  Manilla?  Somewhere else? 

How long do you think it would take her to pack, if she isn't already packed?

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 12, 2017, 10:43:52 PM

Maybe #10 will just croak the old turd for the insurance.............
Are you suggesting that the Art Sniper might have been some ex-Ferdinand Marcos trained paramilitary operative trying to take him out for stealing, via marriages, nubile women from the island, and/or, possibly, due to his ex-military experiences and HAM radio work, some of the Jap gold ("Yamashita's Gold") stolen from various countries during their occupation/rape/plunder stashed there post WWII? Maybe "Bongbong" Marcos funded even? That could be a GREAT show. I hope Art would host it.

Swishypants

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 12, 2017, 10:08:39 PM
Yes, why wouldn't someone in her 20s want to marry some old goat in his 60s? 

When Art dies, where do you think Irene will move to?  There is no way in hell she stays in Puhrumph (ugh!).  Vegas?  LA?, San Francisco (plenty of Filipinos here)?  Manilla?  Somewhere else? 

How long do you think it would take her to pack, if she isn't already packed?

I doubt if that is lost on Art, or bothers him in the slightest. He has always favored Asian women, because Asians are Aliens. He wanted to create one last hybrid.

Ramona died. Have you seen women over 35? Horror Show!