• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on October 15, 2017, 10:07:49 PM
I edited it stalker. Wait 30 seconds before you foam at the mouth and subject me to your nerd rage ok? Thanks geek! :)

I sense much butt hurt in you.  ??? ;D

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 15, 2017, 10:23:24 PM
I sense much butt hurt in you.  ??? ;D

No. I own you. Why would I be butt-hurt?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on October 15, 2017, 10:25:53 PM
No. I own you. Why would I be butt-hurt?

HeeHee! Own me. So much butt hurt!  ;D

ONeill

Some time ago I bought a copy of The Art of Talk for a few cents on Amazon. With the demise of MitD I completely lost interest in anything AB related and never got to reading it. Today I was going through my books and finaly opened it. On the first page there is something like this:

Is this present in every copy, or do I have something extraordinary in there?

Lord Grantham

Quote from: ONeill on October 17, 2017, 01:26:19 PM
Some time ago I bought a copy of The Art of Talk for a few cents on Amazon. With the demise of MitD I completely lost interest in anything AB related and never got to reading it. Today I was going through my books and finaly opened it. On the first page there is something like this:

Nope, you've got yourself an authentic autographed sticker (tm). My copy off of ebay wasn't signed. So it goes.

Swishypants

OOOH! He drew you a picture of the Snipers Nest too! Wicked!

Rix Gins

I have two signed books by Art that he offered for sale for a limited time, way back when.  The Art of Talk and The Quickening.  Both signatures match up on these two books but they aren't the least bit similar to the one you show.  I count six different styles of lettering between our signatures.  For instance the "A" in Art is wide on yours but very narrow on my two signatures.  And then there are the two L's at the end of Art's last name.  Your signature shows two, well defined L's while mine show that the first L goes up to a point (no loop) while the second one looks like a regular L.

I think that you don't have Art's signature there, but who knows.  Perhaps yours is right and mine are wrong.  I like to think that mine are genuine, and I won't be selling them, so I guess that's all that matters. 

Swishypants

OH NOES! Fake Art!

Nobody

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 17, 2017, 03:06:41 PM
I think that you don't have Art's signature there, but who knows.  Perhaps yours is right and mine are wrong.  I like to think that mine are genuine, and I won't be selling them, so I guess that's all that matters.

Given the fleeting nature of celebrity in media-saturated America, how has the price of Art Bell-related memorabilia fared in the nearly half-decade since his departure from Sirius?

Here's one I found on Google, it looks similiar, with some differences.  Authors sign a bunch of those stickers, and forward them to the publisher to put inside the cover.  I don't know why anyone would sign a sticker if they wanted to fake Art's sig.  I'm guessing anyone signing their name dozens of times in a sitting would sign it a little differently each time - I doubt any of mine are exactly the same, and vary over time

Swishypants

That's gotta' be worth at least enough for a Combo Meal at Mickey-D's!  (Dollar Menu only; some restrictions apply; see store for details)

paladin1991

Got yourself some nice looking toilet paper there.

Bomar

Dudes and Dudettes,...

Art signed his signature two different ways; in the books it is before the forward, if you got the CD's it is on a signature card...

When I bought "The Source", Art signed the book, Whitley must have forgot... Mine has only Art's signature...

Either way, hold on to that book... in 10 years it's value will be going up...

Hopefully then, I might be able to recoup the money I spent 20 years ago...

My four books and CD's are still unread/unused and in mint condition...

Bomar

Dyna-X

I wonder if people kept checks from Art instead of cashing them for the signature back in the 90's - at least ones for under $50 or so. These days he could make a cottage industry on ebay selling cancelled checks, old school papers and old radios, etc with certificates of provenance.

Bomar

Dyna,...

I am just a collector, I collect things I think will be of value...

Just ask the five people I have caged, I mean, I having just been feeding in the basement...

Bomar

Let Art, alone,, he is living every red necks life,,,, an old man whith a hot asian chick as a wife,,, who can fault him

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on October 18, 2017, 08:49:45 PM
Let Art, alone,, he is living every red necks life,,,, an old man whith a hot asian chick as a wife,,, who can fault him

So you're looking for an older red neck?

Nobody

Quote from: Bomar on October 18, 2017, 07:54:52 PM
Either way, hold on to that book... in 10 years it's value will be going up...

Hopefully then, I might be able to recoup the money I spent 20 years ago...

Am I correct in reading this as, "Its present value is quite low"?  ???

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Swishypants on September 28, 2017, 12:30:30 PM
I know quite a few Marines. One a Bay of Pigs Marine in fact. I wanted to see what his reaction to that ludicrous statement would be. The hilarious rebuttal never came. That's when I knew he was truly a lying piece of shit. :)

Here’s a rebuttal.  There were no U.S. troops involved in the Bay of Pigs.  The U.S. was supposed to provide air support but Kennedy called it off.  That was the issue genius.   You are a fucking liar.

Swishypants

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 19, 2017, 07:01:59 AM
Here’s a rebuttal.  There were no U.S. troops involved in the Bay of Pigs.  The U.S. was supposed to provide air support but Kennedy called it off.  That was the issue genius.   You are a fucking liar.

LMAO! You really are a fucking poser. They were 3 miles out in the Higgins boats you stupid fuck. You don't know that, because you learned about the official story and nothing more.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Swishypants on September 30, 2017, 11:06:56 PM
Not much man. Did a little job for the Government, show up for my photo ops, live in luxury. Idiotic public is none the wiser. Hangin' with McVeigh and Ken Lay in Boca!  Dylan STORM Roof! You can make up the most ridiculous shit you can think up and the American Public will fucking believe it!

Uh huh.  So you blew a dead man.

Swishypants

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 19, 2017, 07:56:41 AM
Uh huh.  So you blew a dead man.

AHAHAHAHAHA! You're researching, struggling to find anything to save yourself from having to produce a DD-214! You are a fucking joke! :)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Swishypants on October 19, 2017, 07:37:15 AM

LMAO! You really are a fucking poser. They were 3 miles out in the Higgins boats you stupid fuck. You don't know that, because you learned about the official story and nothing more.

They never disembarked from the  LPH, LST’s, and LSD’s which were just off the coast of Mayport FL when the the BOP went down.  It’s called a Marine Amphibious Ready (MARG) and it wasn’t within 500 miles of Cuba.  Again you lie.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Swishypants on October 19, 2017, 08:00:43 AM
AHAHAHAHAHA! You're researching, struggling to find anything to save yourself from having to produce a DD-214! You are a fucking joke! :)

You better get busy having my retirement turned off cause I’m going to remind you every month that I’m still getting payed. 

You know the offer I made you and it still stands. 

Swishypants

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 19, 2017, 08:06:07 AM
They never disembarked from the  LPH, LST’s, and LSD’s which were just off the coast of Mayport FL when the the BOP went down.  It’s called a Marine Amphibious Ready (MARG) and it wasn’t within 500 miles of Cuba.  Again you lie.

You weren't there and you are a fucking low-boy. Your credibility is shot and you are done on this forum fuckwad. Keep struggling to find a way to stay around here where you don't get a boot in your ass constantly. Your whole life is now a joke for others amusement.