Author Topic: Art Bell  (Read 12402170 times)

Re: Art Bell
« Reply #68550 on: December 19, 2015, 05:27:38 PM »
Short Update from Keith Rowland re: Art Bell
Posted on December 19, 2015 in Radio Show | 296 Views | Leave a response

I am saddened of course by the quick departure of Art Bell and many people think this is just a stunt to get out of doing the show. But let me tell you these latest events are real and Nye County police reports have been filed and are public. Iíve been with Art for each of his retirements, and while I may not agree with some of his reasons, they were real and after time he has managed overcome them and return to radio. This too may pass.

Many people have been thinking this is just a way to get out of the show because it wasnít doing any good. But, in fact we had contracts in place to bring on 2 more very large stations to the network, of which we were very encouraged about. We were growing every day. Subscriptions were still increasing and stations were still signing up.

However, I doubt he will ever be able to come back to traditional radio again, it was still a hard sell as it was, and stationsí concerns of his longevity certainly played out. If he does come back in any capacity, it would be on DMDN.

The Dark Matter Digital Network will still run the same programs it has been, if they want to stay, and still for FREE. The only change are some programs will not be LIVE, just pre-recorded. We will continue to produce Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade and have Art back when he can. To support this effort, please stay subscribed as a Time Traveler.

ó Keith Rowland

Cliff notes...Art will be back in month or so, only on DMDN.

« Reply #68551 on: December 19, 2015, 05:28:25 PM »
Keep your eyes peeled, Zeebo.  They may be looking for snacks.

Maybe that's the psyops gang for the Marin County psycho squirrel. :o

« Reply #68552 on: December 19, 2015, 05:28:43 PM »

« Reply #68553 on: December 19, 2015, 05:31:07 PM »

Back to being just another little internet show.

« Reply #68554 on: December 19, 2015, 05:31:27 PM »

I am still a Bell Gabber and not sorry I picked this site, I don't like easy and I don't like suck up's so I prefer it here and can hold my own.

Art

Great! That's just GREAT! My whole name is a suck up!

« Reply #68555 on: December 19, 2015, 05:31:50 PM »
You don't really think he stopped and asked for legal advice do you?

I'm not talking about seeking legal advice.  I'm curious if the Sheriff's Dept thought the offer of a reward would be beneficial to their on-going efforts to apprehend the perp or perps?

« Reply #68556 on: December 19, 2015, 05:32:26 PM »
Great! That's just GREAT! My whole name is a suck up!
So it is, so it is...

« Reply #68557 on: December 19, 2015, 05:33:24 PM »
Short Update from Keith Rowland re: Art Bell
Posted on December 19, 2015 in Radio Show | 296 Views | Leave a response

I am saddened of course by the quick departure of Art Bell and many people think this is just a stunt to get out of doing the show. But let me tell you these latest events are real and Nye County police reports have been filed and are public. Iíve been with Art for each of his retirements, and while I may not agree with some of his reasons, they were real and after time he has managed overcome them and return to radio. This too may pass.

Many people have been thinking this is just a way to get out of the show because it wasnít doing any good. But, in fact we had contracts in place to bring on 2 more very large stations to the network, of which we were very encouraged about. We were growing every day. Subscriptions were still increasing and stations were still signing up.

However, I doubt he will ever be able to come back to traditional radio again, it was still a hard sell as it was, and stationsí concerns of his longevity certainly played out. If he does come back in any capacity, it would be on DMDN.

The Dark Matter Digital Network will still run the same programs it has been, if they want to stay, and still for FREE. The only change are some programs will not be LIVE, just pre-recorded. We will continue to produce Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade and have Art back when he can. To support this effort, please stay subscribed as a Time Traveler.

ó Keith Rowland

It looks like Art got out the checkbook and agreed to fund his 'pet project'... at least for a while.

« Reply #68558 on: December 19, 2015, 05:34:03 PM »
Can you feel the love, this thread over whelms my senses with piety, gluttony,  envy, avarice, and everything else that makes the internutz so fine

« Reply #68559 on: December 19, 2015, 05:34:07 PM »
I'm not talking about seeking legal advice.  I'm curious if the Sheriff's Dept thought the offer of a reward would be beneficial to their on-going efforts to apprehend the perp or perps?

I consider speaking about the whole matter with law enforcement and with lawyers as legal advice.

« Reply #68560 on: December 19, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »

Would be great to just sign up for a text alert should Art appear on-air again, and avoid the daily speculations.  I can't go through that excercise again.

« Reply #68561 on: December 19, 2015, 05:35:30 PM »
It looks like Art got out the checkbook and agreed to fund his 'pet project'... at least for a while.

I think it's only fair and right, personally.   8)

« Reply #68562 on: December 19, 2015, 05:35:35 PM »
Can you feel the love, this thread over whelms my senses with piety, gluttony,  envy, avarice, and everything else that makes the internutz so fine
thats what makes us vaguely loveable

« Reply #68563 on: December 19, 2015, 05:36:03 PM »
Would be great to just sign up for a text alert should Art appear on-air again, and avoid the daily speculations.  I can't go through that excercise again.

is there an app for that??

« Reply #68564 on: December 19, 2015, 05:36:13 PM »
When this idea was first raised here a week or so ago, I asked any our fellow 'gabbers who are/were in law enforcement (there are several) to discuss the logistics of a reward offer from the LEO perspective.  No one answered publicly, but a couple PMs lead me to believe law enforcement finds such offers far more trouble than they are worth and therefore generally discourage them. 

I'd be interested to know what the Sheriff Dept's reaction to the reward offer when Art presented it to them?

I think it's a good idea:  some leads are better than no leads.  And the reward only applies if it's the right guy and he's convicted, so there's no financial risk if you feel that $20K is worth caging this cockroach, and I certainly do.

It sounds to me like Art is offering the reward directly, rather than through the Nye County Sheriff's Office, in which case I would expect tips to go to Art rather than their office.  So it may not be a hassle for them.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's an interesting gambit.  If this is some unhinged yahoo, I think there's a good chance that A.) he'll boast about it to people around him and B.) the people around him will be happy to collect the dough because unhinged yahoos aren't typically known for the loyalty of their acquaintances.  On the other hand, if it's a hired professional, it's probable that nothing will turn up.  Which in and of itself says something about the situation.

« Reply #68565 on: December 19, 2015, 05:36:55 PM »
So it is, so it is...

mine kinda is too, though not quite as obvious, I hope.  ;)

« Reply #68566 on: December 19, 2015, 05:38:50 PM »
Well, I don't know which orifice he/she is using, but he/she has an opinion which may correspond with reality. It's safe to say that the only thing that might keep Heather on the air past 30 days is the hope that Art might come back. Otherwise, the subscriber base would evaporate totally. There's a hook here and the hook isn't Heather, it's Art.

A good show? People will eventually vote with their ears and their wallets, hook or no hook.
Your response bore no resemblance to my question.

« Reply #68567 on: December 19, 2015, 05:39:11 PM »
mine kinda is too, though not quite as obvious, I hope.  ;)
Well, when you say it like that, it sounds kinds dirty. Dirty girl.  ;)

« Reply #68568 on: December 19, 2015, 05:39:44 PM »
You are such a reprehensible piece of shit

« Reply #68569 on: December 19, 2015, 05:40:02 PM »

next the speculation about when he might return for a guest host visit, sprinkle in a little drama, a few cliff hangers, some subscription carrot dangling, some definitely offs, followed by some definitely ons...............and you have a new years prediction show.

« Reply #68570 on: December 19, 2015, 05:40:30 PM »
Only the mentally deficient and trolls are taking it out on Heather. Heather is infinetly preferable to most of the rest. I think we are lucky to have her.

Forget to take your meds again?

Who here is taking anything out on Heather?

You like her, the way she is doing the program, you support her and others do...that's great, pay, don't pay, listen and enjoy.

Those of us here who do not like/appreciate her style, MITD with her as host etc. wish her well, give her huge kudos for stepping up to an impossible situation, however we will not continue to pay, nor to listen....our choice just like continuing to listen to her is yours.

Chill out!

« Reply #68571 on: December 19, 2015, 05:41:08 PM »
The problem with offering a reward is the attraction of other kooks that will surveil your property and become likely suspects themselves. I get it though, I would be challenging anyone that drove by, including the people that live there.

On the other hand, it can be seen as a bounty, and bounty hunters exist because it often works.  Hell, if I lived in that area I might hang out in desert camo with night vision goggles once in awhile just to see if I could catch the creep.  The reward increases the risks to the stalker, which is a nice turn of the table.

« Reply #68572 on: December 19, 2015, 05:41:53 PM »

A reasonable guess.

« Reply #68573 on: December 19, 2015, 05:42:56 PM »

You like her, the way she is doing the program, you support her and others do...that's great, pay, don't pay, listen and enjoy.

Those of us here who do not like/appreciate her style, MITD with her as host etc. wish her well, give her huge kudos for stepping up to an impossible situation, however we will not continue to pay, nor to listen....our choice just like continuing to listen to her is yours.

Chill out!
So, I am free to do what I am already doing. Whew ....

« Reply #68574 on: December 19, 2015, 05:45:06 PM »
On the other hand, it can be seen as a bounty, and bounty hunters exist because it often works.  Hell, if I lived in that area I might hang out in desert camo with night vision goggles once in awhile just to see if I could catch the creep.  The reward increases the risks to the stalker, which is a nice turn of the table.

Bounty hunters aren't detectives, though.  They go after specific people. 

« Reply #68575 on: December 19, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »
Just stay safe.  Be a mentor to Heather. Cohost GabCast once in awhile. Enjoy your family.

Roswells
+1

What Gravity said. ;)

« Reply #68576 on: December 19, 2015, 05:45:30 PM »
I think most people are just being honest, its not a good show with Heather as the host. This website is never kind in how it treats people with reviews,  so its not special treatment she is getting.  I find more dishonesty from the posters who are cheering her on and telling her she is doing such a great job, when they know deep down she is not. They are not helping her with their 'everyone gets a trophy even if they lose' mentality.

If Heather was not a popular member of the bellgab forum, and was just parachuted down into the host job a week ago, the majority of her biggest supporters on here would be singing the same tune the detractors are. She is a nice woman, but her radio show is not very good.
I don't know if the show is good or not. I quit listening when Art quit and cancelled my subscription. I'm just saying the majority of butthurt is coming from those people who won't give anyone a chance because it's just not Art. It's group think. "We are Art fans and he quit. Who do you think you are trying to fill in for him. boooo..". It's nonsense.

« Reply #68577 on: December 19, 2015, 05:45:34 PM »

Chill out!
Freyja, there's been lots posted that attacked Heather personally. You'd have to go back and read them but trust me, there has. There's been some particularly "active" posters who have been doing it over and over.

That's why when you say: pay, don't pay, listen, don't listen makes perfect sense. But these guys obviously like to trip peoples triggers.  :)

« Reply #68578 on: December 19, 2015, 05:45:56 PM »
You are such a reprehensible piece of shit

I will just say, since I am probably also a reprehensible piece of shit, that my response to bellboy's post .. the one that said it's only fair and right.. means this:

Art, gotta love him, left some people in the lurch, left a bunch of people wondering if their shows were gonna run, etc.. He is in no way deserving of a nut running around on his property and shooting him or his house up, and terrifying his family.  What I'm saying is that if he is supporting the network, I think it's great, and I think it's a great thing for him to be doing. Does he have to? Uh, I don't know that specifically.  I don't know what he's obligated to do for Keith or vice versa. He's put a lot of money into this, for it to work. (He wants it to work, obviously).  His name has really helped a lot of other people out, and if he is willing to keep them a float (and I don't know if he is or not.. that's pure speculation, I think), then why not? Why shouldn't he?

Go ahead.. beat me.  :-\

« Reply #68579 on: December 19, 2015, 05:47:33 PM »
Freyja, there's been lots posted that attacked Heather personally. You'd have to go back and read them but trust me, there has. There's been some particularly "active" posters who have been doing it over and over.

That's why when you say: pay, don't pay, listen, don't listen makes perfect sense. But these guys obviously like to trip peoples triggers.  :)
Yup.