Author Topic: Art Bell  (Read 12402164 times)

Re: Art Bell
« Reply #68520 on: December 19, 2015, 05:13:22 PM »
If Art refuses to file reports, why should law enforcement get involved?  Art should put his money with the experts, not offer it to us.  He should be cooperating with officials, but is not.

Art hasn't filed police reports?  I thought the Nye County Sheriff posted a press release about one of the incidents.

« Reply #68521 on: December 19, 2015, 05:13:25 PM »
Did you just invite JustMe over for a drink?

I hate to use this, but i have to  >:(

Sounded like it to me. I think bNw is going to have a house guest.

« Reply #68522 on: December 19, 2015, 05:13:25 PM »
Without going into details, big affiliates were likely on the way. KABC was only salvo 1.

While I'd love to know more, cuz it sounds cool, didn't Art come out right away and say that anyone hopping on board the MITD train did so of their own accord? he wasn't changing things up for anyone? 

« Reply #68523 on: December 19, 2015, 05:14:09 PM »
Just want to note that her radio show is one week old.  How about let's humor the universe and give her another week to see how things go?

How about let's humour common sense and realise that it's OK for others to post their own assessment of her performance, to date?

(even if it disagrees with yours)

« Reply #68524 on: December 19, 2015, 05:14:56 PM »
Perhaps the artBell-O-holics would look to the heavens with clasped hands and a tear in the eye if their savior were to erect a temple upon the holly compound where bingo, door prizes and raffles calmed their anxieties to the end.

« Reply #68525 on: December 19, 2015, 05:14:59 PM »
While I'd love to know more, cuz it sounds cool, didn't Art come out right away and say that anyone hopping on board the MITD train did so of their own accord? he wasn't changing things up for anyone?

Keith mentioned something last night about changes based on affiliates that he had to work on.

« Reply #68526 on: December 19, 2015, 05:15:16 PM »

The hugs on this site are so nauseating that I need a hug.
no worries , dave still sucks.

« Reply #68527 on: December 19, 2015, 05:15:49 PM »
For what it's worth I did not ask Heather to call the Police about the call, she decided to do that on her own. Second, I was pissed and went on the air that night anyway. Third it was blocked and most likely came from a bogus number anyway. Finally I am not sweating verbal or Internet threats, just things people DO. People in Public life learn to live with threats, I have had many. The Police tell you that people who talk rarely Do anything. I think the chance of anybody getting caught in random patrols is pretty damn small but the possibility of someone bragging and getting info that way is possible. I thought the idea was good.

Art

« Reply #68528 on: December 19, 2015, 05:15:54 PM »
Perhaps the artBell-O-holics would look to the heavens with clasped hands and a tear in the eye if their savior were to erect a temple upon the holly compound where bingo, door prizes and raffles where calmed their anxieties to the end.

Do we have to bring a covered dish?

« Reply #68529 on: December 19, 2015, 05:16:26 PM »
20k since just me is probably noory  ;D

So I just offered   some wine?  ;D

« Reply #68530 on: December 19, 2015, 05:16:37 PM »
Hey I am paying 5 bucks to hear the show. You didn't answer my question though. What else is out there that is so compelling?

I never said anything was out there that i found "so compelling", where are you getting that? I dont like her show, sorry. There is a whole section on this website of other people doing podcasts if you are asking me for suggestions, go ahead and listen to some of them if you want. I dont care what you listen to, what you find compelling and what you dont.
 You like it. Good for you, continue to send her five dollars a month to hear it. I dont like it, so I wont.

« Reply #68531 on: December 19, 2015, 05:17:25 PM »
How about let's humour common sense and realise that it's OK for others to post their own assessment of her performance, to date?

Your spelling checker is stuck on British again.

« Reply #68532 on: December 19, 2015, 05:17:43 PM »

If the reward gets you your info, then the idea was good. Let's hope for the best.

« Reply #68533 on: December 19, 2015, 05:18:10 PM »
For what it's worth I did not ask Heather to call the Police about the call, she decided to do that on her own. Second, I was pissed and went on the air that night anyway. Third it was blocked and most likely came from a bogus number anyway. Finally I am not sweating verbal or Internet threats, just things people DO. People in Public life learn to live with threats, I have had many. The Police tell you that people who talk rarely Do anything. I think the chance of anybody getting caught in random patrols is pretty damn small but the possibility of someone bragging and getting info that way is possible. I thought the idea was good.

Art
You da man Art.

« Reply #68534 on: December 19, 2015, 05:18:57 PM »
What's the reference, (several days ago), whereby Bateman' s name was mentioned in a post here, about pending Cuumulus involvement?

Gabcast. Someone claiming to be Bateman in the chat stated cumulus was interested in pick up MITD way back when some guy named Art bell was hosting.

« Reply #68535 on: December 19, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »
If the reward gets you your info, then the idea was good. Let's hope for the best.
+1

« Reply #68536 on: December 19, 2015, 05:19:09 PM »
Perhaps the artBell-O-holics would look to the heavens with clasped hands and a tear in the eye if their savior were to erect a temple upon the holly compound where bingo, door prizes and raffles calmed their anxieties to the end.

You're a funny guy, but I retract my invite to wine..  Sorry.  ::)

« Reply #68537 on: December 19, 2015, 05:19:40 PM »

tell us more sweet prince...

« Reply #68538 on: December 19, 2015, 05:19:49 PM »
Now that is a good idea! Perhaps he or she has bragged to somebody!

I will offer $20,000.00 to anybody providing information leading to the Arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the Stalking Terror resulting in my Leaving the air from MITD.

Art Bell

When this idea was first raised here a week or so ago, I asked any our fellow 'gabbers who are/were in law enforcement (there are several) to discuss the logistics of a reward offer from the LEO perspective.  No one answered publicly, but a couple PMs lead me to believe law enforcement finds such offers far more trouble than they are worth and therefore generally discourage them. 

I'd be interested to know what the Sheriff Dept's reaction to the reward offer when Art presented it to them?

« Reply #68539 on: December 19, 2015, 05:21:07 PM »
You're a funny guy, but I retract my invite to wine..  Sorry.  ::)
So...there you are...all alone? Just you? and a bottle of wine? mmmm

« Reply #68540 on: December 19, 2015, 05:21:08 PM »
When this idea was first raised here a week or so ago, I asked any our fellow 'gabbers who are/were in law enforcement (there are several) to discuss the logistics of a reward offer from the LEO perspective.  No one answered publicly, but a couple PMs lead me to believe law enforcement finds such offers far more trouble than they are worth and therefore generally discourage them. 

I'd be interested to know what the Sheriff Dept's reaction to the reward offer when Art presented it to them?

You don't really think he stopped and asked for legal advice do you?

« Reply #68541 on: December 19, 2015, 05:21:48 PM »
So tell me, how many other radio shows do you listen to ? Can you name the competition? How often do you listen to them? Sorry, I think you are talking out of your ass when you say its not a good show with Heather.

Well, I don't know which orifice he/she is using, but he/she has an opinion which may correspond with reality. It's safe to say that the only thing that might keep Heather on the air past 30 days is the hope that Art might come back. Otherwise, the subscriber base would evaporate totally. There's a hook here and the hook isn't Heather, it's Art.

A good show? People will eventually vote with their ears and their wallets, hook or no hook.

« Reply #68542 on: December 19, 2015, 05:22:09 PM »
Do we have to bring a covered dish?

Just your lavish tithe will be expected

« Reply #68543 on: December 19, 2015, 05:23:29 PM »
Working a lead.

« Reply #68544 on: December 19, 2015, 05:23:51 PM »
Short Update from Keith Rowland re: Art Bell
Posted on December 19, 2015 in Radio Show | 296 Views | Leave a response

I am saddened of course by the quick departure of Art Bell and many people think this is just a stunt to get out of doing the show. But let me tell you these latest events are real and Nye County police reports have been filed and are public. Iíve been with Art for each of his retirements, and while I may not agree with some of his reasons, they were real and after time he has managed overcome them and return to radio. This too may pass.

Many people have been thinking this is just a way to get out of the show because it wasnít doing any good. But, in fact we had contracts in place to bring on 2 more very large stations to the network, of which we were very encouraged about. We were growing every day. Subscriptions were still increasing and stations were still signing up.

However, I doubt he will ever be able to come back to traditional radio again, it was still a hard sell as it was, and stationsí concerns of his longevity certainly played out. If he does come back in any capacity, it would be on DMDN.

The Dark Matter Digital Network will still run the same programs it has been, if they want to stay, and still for FREE. The only change are some programs will not be LIVE, just pre-recorded. We will continue to produce Midnight in the Desert with Heather Wade and have Art back when he can. To support this effort, please stay subscribed as a Time Traveler.

ó Keith Rowland

« Reply #68545 on: December 19, 2015, 05:23:56 PM »

Fine with me.  It's an open forum.  I never did understand the "If you don't like it stop listening, stop posting, just stop stop stop .." sentiment. 

On the flip side people who take the other side aren't necessarily 'white knights' or whatever.   Also there's no cause for some of the more ruthless personal attacks.  But they'll continue because, yep, it's an open forum.

« Reply #68546 on: December 19, 2015, 05:24:51 PM »

Art
The problem with offering a reward is the attraction of other kooks that will surveil your property and become likely suspects themselves. I get it though, I would be challenging anyone that drove by, including the people that live there.

« Reply #68547 on: December 19, 2015, 05:25:15 PM »
I have always been a fan of Heathers. Loved her on the gab cast.  Thought she was a competent producer despite having no experience. She was a great contributor to this site with a wealth of knowledge about Art Bell. Having said that I paid my 5 bucks for Art. I don't listen to many if any other podcasts and the ones that I do are free. Thanks for all the wild rides Art but I wanted to ride shotgun in a mustang with you and not take my chances in an UberX.

« Reply #68548 on: December 19, 2015, 05:25:29 PM »
tell us more sweet prince...

By my beard, there is the unholy one who will be collecting the tithe and calling the numbers to the masses while eating pizza rolls

« Reply #68549 on: December 19, 2015, 05:27:10 PM »
You're human. I don't believe you made any decisions maliciously. Impulsively, YES! I still love you, Art. Like most people; I've been angry, disappointed, and upset with the people I love. The negative feelings will pass.  :)
+1