• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Dick Grinder

He wanted OTA affiliates from the beginning, hence the 'bad language' prohibition to make the show FCC-approved.  Traditional radio is where the money is, still . . . not in net streaming. 

Not sure why he didn't just accede to affiliates' demand for more commercial breaks per hour, if his early tale of having been approached by a radio group was true.  He isn't big enough to wag the dog.  I imagine Cumulus, Entercom and the like would appreciate an alternative to Coast, which is owned by their main competitor.  KABC came through, but WWL did not, for whatever reason.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 15, 2015, 11:43:06 PM
Agree.  And I seem to remember Art initially saying he didn't want a radio show in the first place.  He wanted to be on everyone's smart phone.  Right?
Radio affiliates were just going to be gravy?  Right?

I don't know when the obsession with gaining affiliates became so important, but I wasn't following as closely as others here and might have missed something.  I was "off site" for a large amount of the run.

Perhaps MITD changed their business model from Time Traveler supported free podcast to an ad revenue dependent radio show?

b_dubb

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 15, 2015, 11:55:57 PM
Yeah, you know I'm not real big on the whole tough love thing, but sometimes it has its place. By the way, why has no one created a sarcasm emoticon, challenging as that would be? Or did I miss that development?
<sarcasm>you totally missed that development<\sarcasm>

Value Of Pi

Quote from: DanTSX on December 15, 2015, 11:40:18 PM
I have it on the good word of the membership of this forum that since art covers flaky topics on his show, that he believes in flaky topics off the air in his personal life as well.

Yes, yes, yes, that's my favorite pet theory on the current situation. I had no idea that it was already a cult around here. How many of us are there? And how nuts are we, really?

Sean92008

Still thinking AB will come back, say that he was playing possum to smoke out the shooter, to upset his inlaws who want more of his money or (maybe) negotiate a settlement...

Yet, I look back to KFMB not bringing Art on as promised and start thinking about some fishiness about a lot of things.

Heather needs a vintage (90s-era) Audio Technica AT4050 CM5 with it set to the dual-cardiod pattern with one element facing her and one facing her acoustic baffle.  The transformers are ace.  I have a Broadcast Compressor plug-in that does a great job separating the three bands and really emulating analog gear, if I have it, she should.

Art's stalker?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=936828653051564&id=111940278873743
https://twitter.com/pvtimes/status/677008499147194369

Quote**Attention** The Nye County Sheriff's Office is currently searching for JEFFREY STEVENS a 46 year old white male. He is described as being 6’01”, 185 lbs, blonde and blue and no facial hair at this time.

Stevens ambushed an NCSO Deputy and attempted to get his firearm from him. After the ambush the suspect fled on foot from the area of Simkins and SR 160. The Deputy suffered non life threatening injuries and is recieving medical attention locally.
Stevens is to be considered dangerous and is wanted by the Nye County Sheriff's Office. Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call 911.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 15, 2015, 11:33:57 PM
Based on what I've seen of your musings over the past few days, that's an obvious "no." I'd say you're one of those smart people I said nice things about when I first posted.

I appreciate that.

Quote from: norland2424 on December 16, 2015, 12:23:48 AM
broken link their buddy

The NYE County cops took it down literally seconds after I grabbed it, I put up the Twitter where I found the link.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: b_dubb on December 16, 2015, 12:01:45 AM
<sarcasm>you totally missed that development<\sarcasm>

Ah, jeez, letters and brackets...knew about that, just not cool at all. First question for the Kewpie-Doll-winning designer: What should Charlie Brown's expression be when he's telling Lucy she plays great piano? Schultz never really dealt with those subtleties, as I recall.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 16, 2015, 12:21:45 AM
Art's stalker?

Man.  Kevin Sorbo is looking a little rough around the edges.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 16, 2015, 12:30:11 AM

I bet that dude knows about alternate dimensions and Art Bell.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 16, 2015, 12:30:11 AM

The second American Revolution will take it out of anyone.

I wonder if Jeremy asks the ladies: "Wanna take a mustache ride?"

Value Of Pi

Art's stalker?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=936828653051564&id=111940278873743

Well, stalkers are usually focused on the individual they're stalking; they don't go around assaulting cops. So, Art's trespasser, Art's nutcase, maybe? Not as dramatic, but possibly closer to the truth.

Art's stalker?

Am I missing something? What does this have to do with Art?

Or does every criminal in Nye county get accused of being Art's stalker?

links back

Quotehttps://www.facebook.com/Nye-County-Sheriffs-Office-512916855518161/

he Nye County Sheriff's Office is currently searching for JEFFREY STEVENS a 46 year old white male. He is described as being 6’01”, 185 lbs, blonde and blue and no facial hair at this time. Stevens ambushed an NCSO Deputy and attempted to get his firearm from him. After the ambush the suspect fled on foot from the area of Simkins and SR 160. The Deputy suffered non life threatening injuries and is recieving medical attention locally. Stevens is to be considered dangerous and is wanted by the Nye County Sheriff's Office. Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call 911.

Oh look there are some  suspected drug addicts in NYE county
QuotePRESS RELEASE

SUSPECT(S):
Mark Richard Askew York, PA 56 years of age
Mark Dylan Askew York, PA 25 year of age

CHARGE(S):
NRS 453.337 Possession of marijuana with intent to sell x2
NRS 453.321 unlawful transport or controlled substance x2
NRS 484B.600 basic speed 11-15 over posted limit
NRS 483.550 driving without a valid driver license
NRS 453.566 possession of drug paraphernalia x2

DETAILS:
On December 7, 2015 at approximately 938pm Nye county Sheriff Office Deputies in the Northern Area Command conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for a traffic violation. While making contact with the driver of the vehicle Deputies were able to smell the odor of marijuana coming from the cab of the vehicle as well as the tool box located in the bed of the pickup truck.

Deputies were able to search the vehicle finding just over 2 ounce of marijuana inside the cab, as well as $800 cash. Deputies continued to search the vehicle and located inside a tool box in the bed of the truck was a military style duffle bag that held just over 11lbs of marijuana inside zip lock bags. The driver of the vehicle admitted to growing the marijuana and transporting it to Pennsylvania to sell for home improvements.

Based on interviewing the passenger he also knew of the marijuana inside the vehicle. Both were arrested on the above offense, and booked into the Nye County Detention Center. The vehicle and money was seized.

ge30542

Quote from: DanTSX on December 15, 2015, 11:28:57 PM
I think it was far larger than anticipated.

Are you still on the subject of masturbation?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 16, 2015, 12:45:14 AM
Am I missing something? What does this have to do with Art?

Or does every criminal in Nye county get accused of being Art's stalker?

links back

Oh look there are some  suspected drug addicts in NYE county

I say, round up all the usual suspects -- and all the not-so-usual suspects. (That's what Claude Rains would do.) Odds are it's some low-life local or low-life drifter. Either is capable of firing a gun or making a phone call.

QuotePRESS RELEASE:

SUSPECT(S):
Donnessa Harden, 40, Las Vegas, Nevada

CHARGE(S):
NRS: 453.411-UICS, 453.336.4, Possession of < 1oz of marijuana, 453.510, Poss. of a hypodermic device, 484B.297, Pedestrian walking on wrong side of highway.

DETAILS:
On 10/03/2015 while in routine patrol, a white female was observed walking northbound on Homestead approaching Easy in the northbound lane with traffic. A pedestrian stop was conducted on the female, later identified as Donnessa Harden.

During the contact with Harden she was observed to be very jittery and she had bruxism. When asked for her identification and while she was grabbing for it multiple track marks were observed on both her left and right arms. Harden’s pupils were observed to be enlarged and she was highly confused. When asked if she had been using narcotics today tshe stated she injected methamphetamine into her arms this morning and she smoked “one hit” of marijuana. Harden was placed under arrest. Harden was transported to NCDC where she was booked in accordingly.

Yorkshire pud

Art's stalker?

Why?

The same paper was less than keen on running a story about AB's recent drama, crazy eh?

CrazyMax46

So...I apologize but I've been out of the loop. Can someone summarize the last three weeks or so?

Sorry. Go figure this happens while I'm on vacation.

Quote from: CrazyMax46 on December 16, 2015, 01:43:05 AM
So...I apologize but I've been out of the loop. Can someone summarize the last three weeks or so?

You're gonna need a bigger boat!

Quote from: CrazyMax46 on December 16, 2015, 01:43:05 AM

Probably best to go to Art's membership page and read his posts.

But in a nutshell Art has a stalker or a psycho shooting guns around his property and most recently at him!!  There are witnesses and police reports involved.  Art and his wife are concerned for how much it is frightening their daughter who is only 8 and that these memories are not anything they want her to have in her head so he stopped his show and put Heather known as redacted on this site who has been his producer, in the captains chair.

I think when everything is cleared up, whatever length of time it takes, but down the line we will be hearing him again.

Quote from: Jessicas Place on December 16, 2015, 02:01:11 AM
Probably best to go to Art's membership page and read his posts.

But in a nutshell Art has a stalker or a psycho shooting guns around his property and most recently at him!!  There are witnesses and police reports.  Art and his wife are concerned for how much it is frightening their daughter who is only 8 and that these memories are not anything they want her to have in her head so he stopped his show and put Heather known as redacted on this site who has been his producer from MITD's onset since Art dumped Dr.J for her, in the captains chair.

I think when everything is cleared up, whatever length of time it takes, but down the line we will be hearing him again.

FIFY

Dick Grinder

There is one witness, the person making the claim, as far as anyone here knows at this time. 

Quote from: Dick Grinder on December 16, 2015, 02:06:36 AM
There is one witness, the person making the claim, as far as anyone here knows at this time.

The neighbor who saw the car + Art.

Basically he is under too much stress.  He needs a break.

Art's stalker?

Quote from: Quote on December 16, 2015, 12:21:45 AM
**Attention** The Nye County Sheriff's Office is currently searching for JEFFREY STEVENS a 46 year old white male. He is described as being 6’01”, 185 lbs, blonde and blue and no facial hair at this time.

Stevens ambushed an NCSO Deputy and attempted to get his firearm from him. After the ambush the suspect fled on foot from the area of Simkins and SR 160. The Deputy suffered non life threatening injuries and is recieving medical attention locally.
Stevens is to be considered dangerous and is wanted by the Nye County Sheriff's Office. Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call 911.

If this guy attacked a cop in an attempt to get his gun, he probably didn't have a gun to fire shots last week