• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

someguy

Quote from: MV on May 07, 2015, 10:26:24 PM
if i'm not mistaken, this would be something you don't want to do because art would have to pay for music royalties resulting from your live stream connection.  someone correct me if i'm wrong.

if art is going shortwave he might say fuck everyone and play the music anyway

albrecht

Quote from: someguy on May 07, 2015, 10:16:36 PM
I'm in an apartment building and no fucking way will they let me put antenna shit on my balcony :[
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/special/bromstik.html
there are other options, call Bob at CCrane in the morning, but I'm guessing from the station that even your telescoping one that comes with it should be able to pick it up (depending where you are)....
I can't wait!!

someguy

art has a history of being a radio pirate after all

popple

Quote from: MV on May 07, 2015, 09:27:30 PM
i just soiled my wife's favorite chair.  i crapped in it, too.

You just did that so you could go down to the new Art Bell Listenin Chairs Shop that opened up down the street. I heard in some places there are two on every corner and the surrounding starbucks have been abandoned + condemned. I guess people just want to spend their money elsewhere. We should send jimmy chunga in for EVP work.

Johnnyace99

I sure hope Art is coming back.. Coast to Coast is the WORST ever !!! It isn't even about the paranormal anymore.. So damn sad !!!! Makes me really pissed off if I ever come across C2C on the dial and hear some stupid topic then I turn it right off.. I want my paranormal stuff back.. That can ONLY be the great ART BELL.. Not sure how I will get it, I know very little about shortwave but I will investigate it.. So tire of having nothing to listen to..

MarkVS

OK, I'm a short wave radio MORON! Can anyone explain this? Will this be available via podcast at all? Do we have the ability to listen to short wave on the internet, etc? Just curious. When is this happening? Thanks

WHOO HOO! The ionosphere! Mu ha ha ha.

sydtron

The shortwave station does stream online. So no worries!!  Im in indiana.  Ill be able to listen in my backyard with my portable.  And some coniac.

raistlin

Quote from: MarkVS on May 07, 2015, 10:33:29 PM
OK, I'm a short wave radio MORON! Can anyone explain this? Will this be available via podcast at all? Do we have the ability to listen to short wave on the internet, etc? Just curious. When is this happening? Thanks

Art's show will be available online for free, we've also just discovered it's going to be available on shortwave which is really no different from AM/FM in regards to how you would listen to it...however you'd need a shortwave radio receiver to tune in.

Lt.Uhura

All cleaned up, polished and ready for July.  Listening now to Radio Australia loud and clear.  Good thing Art's on at night, as I couldn't get any shortwave during the day.

aldousburbank

I haven't been this excited since I found out that teacher had the hots for me too.  8)

Nick el Ass

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 07, 2015, 10:44:16 PM
I haven't been this excited since I found out that teacher had the hots for me too.  8)

Cue David Lee Roth who also happens to be a fellow Hoosier. 

So tempted to get a shortwave radio and abandon my iPhone/iPad/Bose Bluetooth wireless speaker set up. This makes no sense. I think I have Art Bell mania.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: MarkVS on May 07, 2015, 10:33:29 PM

It will all start in July, it will be online, and there will be archives for the small sum of $5.

Heather Wade

Quote from: TenaciousJ on May 07, 2015, 10:48:39 PM
So tempted to get a shortwave radio and abandon my iPhone/iPad/Bose Bluetooth wireless speaker set up. This makes no sense. I think I have Art Bell mania.

It's an airborne virus.  Highly contagious.   ;D

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Art Bell on May 07, 2015, 09:12:13 PM
Confirmed: We wil be live on Shortwave Mon-Fri on WTWW 5.085. Heard Nationwide and beyond, now that should be fun.

Art

that makes me moist

great to hear this, be a nice change from the religion shows currently jamming up the bands

Quick Karl

Confirmed: We wil be live on Shortwave Mon-Fri on WTWW 5.085. Heard Nationwide and beyond, now that should be fun.

Art

I have a Sony ICF-SW7600GR - but there is no way that I can figure out to enter 5.085. I can enter 5085, but not 5.085. Should I be able to hear your broadcasts on this radio (if you are familiar with it)?

Thanks

jazmunda

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 07, 2015, 10:44:09 PM
All cleaned up, polished and ready for July.  Listening now to Radio Australia loud and clear.  Good thing Art's on at night, as I couldn't get any shortwave during the day.

Reported. Only I'm allowed to listen to that.  ;D

garymic1

Damn!   Art Bell is on Shortwave!   Now we are going be taking a ride!   

Gary KI4WPI
Tamarac, FL

Spinner

Art
Awesome!  Thank you for letting us know, Art.
I hope my little shortwave radio can pick up the signal. It's a Sony something or other. I'll have to check.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 07, 2015, 10:59:45 PM
I have a Sony ICF-SW7600GR - but there is no way that I can figure out to enter 5.085. I can enter 5085, but not 5.085. Should I be able to hear your broadcasts on this radio (if you are familiar with it)?

Thanks

a fine radio, i have one too :) go ahead and just punch it right in  as 5085 khz art gave the frequency in mhz  5.085 mhz = 5085 khz and you enter the frequency in khz on your sony! 

Daggit

Art

Dagnabbit! I just sold my shortwave radio in order to buy the internet and a smartphone.

eddie dean

It's nice to see this thread come back to life!

nextgen.fm

Quote from: eddie dean on May 07, 2015, 11:07:03 PM

yes I logged on just now and saw the recent posts and IT WAS A NICE CHANGE

Nick el Ass

Quote from: eddie dean on May 07, 2015, 11:07:03 PM

It was only a matter of time until so news broke, and this is pretty awesome.

Coz

Art

My first shortwave receiver was given to me by my dad. It's a National NC-190. Still have it to this day.

I just retubed it :)

Gonna be a great summer!!!!

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Coz on May 07, 2015, 11:09:20 PM
My first shortwave receiver was given to me by my dad. It's a National NC-190. Still have it to this day.

I just retubed it :)

Gonna be a great summer!!!!

How's the sound??  Nice one you have there that's such a cool hand me down to receive!

dholbrook

You can listen on your computer. Go to WebSDR and the TN Station is on there. http://blerp2.dyndns.org:8901