• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Pulling my Pud in Yorkshire on March 05, 2017, 01:55:50 PM
No stalker?  Butt.  Butt.  You mean daddy (Butt) fucked us?

Yes, right up the ass. (no lube)

mikuthing01

Quote from: rekcuf on March 05, 2017, 10:00:58 PM
Thanks, fam.

You can always have Faith in me famalamajam

"At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers," the complaint adds.

Art, can you give us an update on this?
Thanks,
PB

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dyna-X on March 05, 2017, 09:40:56 PM
For all the fun MITD with Art was, I think the striving for digital perfection was probably a mistake. In the coast days, the FM processing gave Art's voice a grittier edge and the twisted pair copper phone lines had all kinds of eerie hums from the repeaters along the hundreds of miles of line. Even the bumpers sounded punchier in the bass due to the air-chain processing.

The 128kpbs digital signal was nowhere near as satisfying as what was transferred from tapes found in attics and put on mp3 as 48 or 64kbps....that says something.

agreed entirely.

Taaroa

Quote from: Dyna-X on March 05, 2017, 09:40:56 PM
For all the fun MITD with Art was, I think the striving for digital perfection was probably a mistake. In the coast days, the FM processing gave Art's voice a grittier edge and the twisted pair copper phone lines had all kinds of eerie hums from the repeaters along the hundreds of miles of line. Even the bumpers sounded punchier in the bass due to the air-chain processing.

The 128kpbs digital signal was nowhere near as satisfying as what was transferred from tapes found in attics and put on mp3 as 48 or 64kbps....that says something.

Skype calls weren't as good for the same reason (plus I think there were quite a few people who didn't know how to work it or how they sounded).

PaulAtreides

Bell

A notice of settlement has been filed in ART BELL and his wife AIRYN RUIZ BELL's defamation lawsuit against syndicated talker MICHAEL SAVAGE, WESTWOOD ONE, and CUMULUS for defamation, invasion of privacy, and intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress. 

The notice was filed on FEBRUARY 27th and approved by Judge JEFFREY S. WHITE last THURSDAY (3/2) in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of CALIFORNIA, with no details revealed.  The order also vacates a scheduled hearing date of APRIL 28th and a case management conference date of MARCH 10th, giving the parties time to finalize the settlement.
- See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/163349/settlement-reached-in-art-and-airyn-bell-s-defamat#sthash.8H9geW9u.dpuf

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 05, 2017, 11:00:12 PM
"At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers," the complaint adds.

Thanks,
PB

Art wanted me to respond for him by attaching this image along with the caption "Suckers"

"Suckers!"

nathan

Quote from: albrecht on March 05, 2017, 09:58:43 PM
Totally agree. Don't get me wrong. Hearing some of the disco bumpers when he, finally, rolled out the new show in high-quality stereo was nice but...it was still better to listen in on WTWW and get some of the static. There is magic in the static and it also is "nostalgia" and the idea of "pulling in" the signal versus some bland, perfect signal. How many times on radio (in the old days) maybe even now sometimes, do you recall adjusting dials or antenna to listen to the end of a game, Art with a guest, etc. And driving those moments where you lost and frantically adjust? Strong Mexican (or other) stronger stations started bleeding in and frustrating you? Makes for drama and great radio!

With you there 100%. Made this point a few weeks ago on the MITD thread and no one seemed to agree...favoring weird-sounding compressed skype clarity over analog/nostalgia. I still listen to C2C every now and then for this reason-- though it does drive me insane when I can tell someone is calling in from an iPhone. Hurts the ears. Landlines really do sound significantly better and still have that grit.

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 05, 2017, 11:00:12 PM

Thanks,
PB
Redacted, "getting better every day."  Art Bell, "returning any day now."

Quote from: PaulAtreides on March 06, 2017, 10:57:50 AM

Bell

A notice of settlement has been filed in ART BELL and his wife AIRYN RUIZ BELL's defamation lawsuit against syndicated talker MICHAEL SAVAGE, WESTWOOD ONE, and CUMULUS for defamation, invasion of privacy, and intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress. 

The notice was filed on FEBRUARY 27th and approved by Judge JEFFREY S. WHITE last THURSDAY (3/2) in U.S. District Court for the Northern District of CALIFORNIA, with no details revealed.  The order also vacates a scheduled hearing date of APRIL 28th and a case management conference date of MARCH 10th, giving the parties time to finalize the settlement.
- See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/163349/settlement-reached-in-art-and-airyn-bell-s-defamat#sthash.8H9geW9u.dpuf

Well, with that behind him the new show he mentioned in his court filings should be up and running any day now.

Since he lost interest in the last two so quickly, perhaps it's time to try a different subject matter.  I'm thinking politics isn't really his sweet spot either, maybe weather and traffic.

Lilith

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 06, 2017, 08:18:10 PM
Well, with that behind him the new show he mentioned in his court filings should be up and running any day now.

Since he lost interest in the last two so quickly, perhaps it's time to try a different subject matter.  I'm thinking politics isn't really his sweet spot either, maybe weather and traffic.

I think he'd be a great addition to the George Senda Show as a co-host.  I could be wrong.

ItsOver

Yep, any day now, stalker permitting.  Savage must have agreed to give the Bells a joy ride on the bay in his sailboat or a ride in his Hellcat.  Maybe they'll get to pet Teddy, too.

PaulAtreides

I'm thinking a short spot every morning with the daily horoscopes.  Or maybe he could do that on MITD.

thexfile

Maybe, Art will just do a podcast from his website.

Quote from: PaulAtreides on March 07, 2017, 08:11:51 AM
I'm thinking a short spot every morning with the daily horoscopes.  Or maybe he could do that on MITD.
I know this was made in jest but Art could easily do a pre-recorded segment of some sort occasionally and it would really help MITD and DMRN.

effluenza

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on March 07, 2017, 06:55:37 PM
I know this was made in jest but Art could easily do a pre-recorded segment of some sort occasionally and it would really help MITD and DMRN.

If Art really did want to help (redacted), MITD and DMRN then he would do this. But you know .... the stalker.

There's definitely something to be said about listening to the old fashioned terrestrial radio broadcasts, particularly on AM. For those of us raised before the digital age, there's just something about hearing it in a less than perfect tone with the occasional scratching or static interference in the background. It's kinda like the whole LP records vs. CD's or downloads argument. There does indeed seem to be a certain crispness and better overall quality of it coming through the radio antenna and not the internet cable. Also, I don't want to hear a Skype caller who sounds like they're right in the studio with the host. It just sorta takes a little something away from the feel of the whole thing. (Plus a lot of the Skype callers from what I can remember had a certain amount of echo to them hat made it sound like they were calling from the bathroom!) Another benefit too about listening to programs on AM radio is that it's the best weather warning system. By that I mean you hear the static and crackle of lightning strikes as the storm moves closer to you, sometimes long before there are any reports on it. I guess there are just some of us out there that are too old fashioned, but if you listen to all the varying formats and compare the differences for yourself, I don't see how you can go wrong with traditional radio.

Quote from: effluenza on March 07, 2017, 07:00:56 PM
If Art really did want to help (redacted), MITD and DMRN then he would do this. But you know .... the stalker.

True, but I think if it was pre-recorded, whoever that might be out there wouldn't know exactly when or if he was going into the studio, providing if it was done at varying times of day or night. However you would lose the ability to take calls, which is of course the driving force of the show, so I doubt he would go in that direction.

ItsOver

Quote from: stlcoastfan1985 on March 07, 2017, 07:12:09 PM
There's definitely something to be said about listening to the old fashioned terrestrial radio broadcasts, particularly on AM. For those of us raised before the digital age, there's just something about hearing it in a less than perfect tone with the occasional scratching or static interference in the background. It's kinda like the whole LP records vs. CD's or downloads argument. There does indeed seem to be a certain crispness and better overall quality of it coming through the radio antenna and not the internet cable. Also, I don't want to hear a Skype caller who sounds like they're right in the studio with the host. It just sorta takes a little something away from the feel of the whole thing. (Plus a lot of the Skype callers from what I can remember had a certain amount of echo to them hat made it sound like they were calling from the bathroom!) Another benefit too about listening to programs on AM radio is that it's the best weather warning system. By that I mean you hear the static and crackle of lightning strikes as the storm moves closer to you, sometimes long before there are any reports on it. I guess there are just some of us out there that are too old fashioned, but if you listen to all the varying formats and compare the differences for yourself, I don't see how you can go wrong with traditional radio.
Absolutely.   Especially on a late night road trip, in the middle of nowhere.

jazmunda

Quote from: stlcoastfan1985 on March 07, 2017, 07:12:09 PM

That's my studio sir. :P

WhiteCrow

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on March 07, 2017, 06:55:37 PM

I'm dumb... don't understand why he doesn't?

munbeam666

Quote from: ItsOver on March 06, 2017, 08:42:07 PM
Yep, any day now, stalker permitting.  Savage must have agreed to give the Bells a joy ride on the bay in his sailboat or a ride in his Hellcat.  Maybe they'll get to pet Teddy, too.

Savage has a problem with dogs

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on March 07, 2017, 07:25:51 PM
Absolutely.   Especially on a late night road trip, in the middle of nowhere.

LOL!  ;D  ;)

ShayP

Did I miss something regarding the Bell v. Savage soap opera?  I heard what Savage said but he mentioned no names. "You say UFOs, you wind up in the PHILIPPINES with a 10-year-old hooker and you are off the radio after a number of years.  You can’t do UFOs. That’s an in-joke, by the way, for people who understand the business."  How could Art file a lawsuit based on implication and/or assumption?  I guess you can.   Obviously the fans would make the connection.  Now I see it was settled.  Hmmm.  If I was Savage I wouldn't have settled a damn thing.  I thought talk-radio hosts were thick skinned.  But at any rate...this means Art is coming back, right?  :D

boxman

QuoteA request for a retraction or correction was "ignored," the complaint states. "At present, Mr. BELL is strongly considering resumption of his radio broadcasting and journalism careers," the complaint adds. "However, the Statement has harmed his professional reputation and is hindering his efforts to return to broadcasting and journalism.
Oh what a fucking bunch of bullshit.
First it was the "stalker", then his lung disorder and now suddenly blaming this.
I thought he was to ill to ever return?

boxman

Quote from: ShayP on March 07, 2017, 08:59:03 PM
Did I miss something regarding the Bell v. Savage soap opera?  I heard what Savage said but he mentioned no names. "You say UFOs, you wind up in the PHILIPPINES with a 10-year-old hooker and you are off the radio after a number of years.  You can’t do UFOs. That’s an in-joke, by the way, for people who understand the business."  How could Art file a lawsuit based on implication and/or assumption?  I guess you can.   Obviously the fans would make the connection.  Now I see it was settled.  Hmmm.  If I was Savage I wouldn't have settled a damn thing.  I thought talk-radio hosts were thick skinned.  But at any rate...this means Art is coming back, right?  :D
And that is what it was about in first place.. An opportunity for Art to get some cash.