• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 19, 2016, 02:51:27 AM
George just said "lidding" instead of "living". Just thought you all should know.

Missed that one.

I don't know why I bothered listening to Noory.  He is simply terrible.I've contributed my fair share  of criticism on this thread over the years and I still give him a chance to prove me wrong.  The only time a show of his is any good is when a guest blathers endlessly or when LMH does her thing.  There is simply little substance to the show.  How I wish he would retire.  His replacement would probably be Jimmy Church though and I can't stand that douche.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on July 18, 2016, 08:40:20 PM
I'm a bit surprised that I Hate Media, Inc allows it. Normally a company doesn't allow an employee to use their facilities for their outside or personal business and gain. Some kind of flow-chart showing the connections between the various guests, companies, production companies, and "supplement" companies, dating sites, distributors, internet tv channels and websites and Norry would be interesting. It is hard to believe but he seems to be running, or at the center of or connected too, a web of interlocking enterprises all profiting by using I Hate's stations.
From "Talkers,"

Coast to Coast AM from Boise.  Nationally syndicated late-night star George Noory (left) poses for a photo with KIDO, Boise morning drive personality Kevin Miller (right) backstage at the Egyptian Theater in Boise during a visit to the city.  The Premiere Networks-syndicated “Coast to Coast AM” personality was in town for a live show at the Egyptian Theater.  Also pictured here is Noory Productions president Tom Danheiser (c).

Tommy is in some kind of unholy alliance, of course, with Jorch for scamming bucks, among other things.  Tommy is Jorch's gopher for running "Beeyond Beeleef!" and setting-up Noory's singing revivals, such as the upcoming Asheville suck-fest.  Jorch is always plugging his ghost-written books, crap holiday music CD's, "Beeyond Beeleef!," and on-the-road suckfests during C2C.

It's hard for me to believe Noory doesn't have some kind of agreement with PremRat for all his bilking operations but who'd believe any operation that wasn't asleep at the wheel would let Jorch pretend to be a radio show host for all these years.  Maybe that's how he's managed to maintain his position, by funneling a percentage of his take back to PremRat.  Follow the money. 

I wonder if C2C starting to feature other podcast is really an effort to find a new host. Noory is getting older and I would suspect he would at least want a reduced schedule relatively soon. Noory is 66 years old and apparently now has a production company. Also Noory would have more time to do conferences and appearances which he seemingly prefers over hosting C2C.

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 19, 2016, 05:14:58 AM
I wonder if C2C starting to feature other podcast is really an effort to find a new host. Noory is getting older and I would suspect he would at least want a reduced schedule relatively soon. Noory is 66 years old and apparently now has a production company. Also Noory would have more time to do conferences and appearances which he seemingly prefers over hosting C2C.
I'd like to think so.  Of course, we have an entire forum that would would like to think this.  Unfortunately, I turned on C2C a week or so ago just long enough to hear Jorch bragging one more time about his contract and how he was going to be on C2C forever, for our listening pleasure.  :P  Jorch will be torturing the airwaves until PremRat drags him out of the studio.  I don't see him leaving on his own volition.

Maybe there was a time when he actually cared about his shows' various subjects and guests, perhaps when he was the "nighthawk" or maybe even his early years on C2C.  But for the last several years it seems like all he cares about is using the show merely as his self-promotion platform.  He is milking that cow for all it is worth.  He has said in past interviews that he considers himself a media mogul.  He takes advantage of the fact that when it comes to late night radio he is practically the only show in town, and guests need to suck up to him because like it or not, he has the biggest platform in the genre.  So from books, to "TV shows," to convention appearances, to dating sites, it's all about building up that media mogul image even though he is mediocre if not sucks at every new venture he tries.  I'll give him credit for one thing, he must be brilliant at office politics for iHart to have allowed this to go on for so long.

But remember, he "gets it," just like Heather is "getting better every day." ::)

ItsOver

That's one hell of a cowcatcher on that guy's face.

Robert

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on July 19, 2016, 08:47:54 AMMaybe there was a time when he actually cared about his shows' various subjects and guests, perhaps when he was the "nighthawk" or maybe even his early years on C2C.
Haven't you heard any of his shows in recent mos. where it seemed he was interested?  The great majority of times he has anything on I'm interested in, he's been as bad as usual, but I've noticed that sometimes when the show gets away from the traditional C2C fare, he sounds authentically interested.

No, what topics bring out the inner nighthawk in him?  Alternative medicine?  Angels? Portals?  Mean babies? 

zeebo

I've never heard him have much genuine intellectual curiosity in anything except occasionally politics, particularly foreign affairs.  Most of the rest seems like feigned interest, with boilerplate questions ("Where's all this headed!?") and generic responses ("Unbahleefable!!) 

Most nites at least over the last decade he sounds like a phony pitch-man for whatever's paying the bills that nite.  Like those cheesball tv ad actors that can sound equally excited by topical ointments as they are about diet soda.

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on July 19, 2016, 05:41:09 PM
No, what topics bring out the inner nighthawk in him?  Alternative medicine?  Angels? Portals?  Mean babies?

Dead people. I noticed years ago that all King Snore cares about is dead people. It might be in the form of reincarnation, ghosts, channeling, messages from the beyond, or some sort of communication with astral bodies. Basically - dead people.

Young George Noory: "I see dead people."

Robert

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on July 19, 2016, 05:41:09 PMNo, what topics bring out the inner nighthawk in him?  Alternative medicine?
Possibly, but I don't listen.
QuoteAngels? Portals?  Mean babies?
No.  His stock lines about those things show he's not interested.

I can't remember what, but there've been a couple times when I was listening in the past couple mos. & thought, "Hey, Noory's actually engaged & doing a decent job on this one."  It was startling each time, & indicated to me the potential's there, but that he's been shoehorned into a job he doesn't enjoy most of the time.

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on July 19, 2016, 07:16:19 PM
Dead people. I noticed years ago that all King Snore cares about is dead people...

Not true.  George is also very interested in dead and injured animals

I_Speculate

Tonight on c2c:

Could be a good show if they talk about current tech.

When does the show air anyways i'm still listening to yesterdays play over and over....

Katherine Albrecht is a consumer privacy expert and VP of Start Page and Start Mail, a private search engine and email service. She'll discuss the latest news in the rapidly evolving field of tracking technology including wearable tech, and how the prospect of chipping all humans may become a foregone conclusion unless a movement of resistance is realized. Followed by Midweek Open Lines in the latter half.

UFQuack

Does Jorch have a new crush beside Linda, he was playing Still The One as bumper music, Katherine Albrecht is the guest. Surely she would not accept the "mark of the beast".

zeebo

Quote from: UFQuack on July 20, 2016, 12:08:48 AM
Does Jorch have a new crush beside Linda, he was playing Still The One as bumper music, Katherine Albrecht is the guest. Surely she would not accept the "mark of the beast".

She'd have to have him scanned for RFID tags first.

Robert's statement that there are occasionally signs of life in Noory's brain has prompted me to listen tonight. I do remember Katherine Albrecht being a good guest and really support the work she does.  Was saddened tonight to hear her illness has advanced, but thankfully is in remission for the time being.  Please spare a quick prayer for her if you are so inclined.

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on July 20, 2016, 01:23:57 AM
Robert's statement that there are occasionally signs of life in Noory's brain has prompted me to listen tonight. I do remember Katherine Albrecht being a good guest and really support the work she does.  Was saddened tonight to hear her illness has advanced, but thankfully is in remission for the time being.  Please spare a quick prayer for her if you are so inclined.

I like Katherine Albrecht, she is never boring. The government is spying on you with your tooth fillings!  I hope she makes a recovery.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 20, 2016, 01:30:32 AM
I like Katherine Albrecht, she is never boring. The government is spying on you with your tooth fillings!  I hope she makes a recovery.

Yep for all of her dark apocalyptic beliefs, she has been a force for good by illuminating privacy issues, and also being involved with startpage/ixquick search which doesn't track ip addresses.  Sending out good non-traceable vibes to her.

UFQuack

Quote from: zeebo on July 20, 2016, 01:11:47 AM
She'd have to have him scanned for RFID tags first.

Might find out he's an artificially intelligent robot. That would explain his difficulty in hosting.

What was that Dracula voice he took on at the end of his conversation with Katherine about her cancer?! That was creeeeee-py! It was like Dracula's Transylvanian accent. Maybe someone will post that on Youtube or something, it would be interesting to hear it again, maybe just assure myself I wasn't hearing things in my sleep.

ItsOver

Quote from: UFQuack on July 20, 2016, 01:53:29 AM
...What was that Dracula voice he took on at the end of his conversation with Katherine about her cancer?! That was creeeeee-py! It was like Dracula's Transylvanian accent. Maybe someone will post that on Youtube or something, it would be interesting to hear it again, maybe just assure myself I wasn't hearing things in my sleep.
What?  Jorgo creepy? 

albrecht

I like Katherine Albrecht (no relation) whether or not you believe her religious beliefs she points out very real issues with regard to surveillance and technology and issues of government and large companies using our data and tracking us, as well as hacking and crime. Hope she stays well.

Norry broke out his tired line, but done as some deep, profound insight, that our smartphones have "more firepower" than the computers we used to get to the moon, for the upmteenth time.

ufogadfly

I continue to listen because the show's an easy way to keep up on many of my topics of interest, but it's gotten to the point where I think my reaction to Noory is actually doing me psychological harm! Doesn't Premier realize how truly mediocre he is?

A classic from last night:
"...it's on to Philadelphia next week for the Democratic nomination...and then the games are underfoot."
No such expression exists! Even if he meant "the game is afoot" that would still be inappropriate in that context.
The man cannot get through 10 minutes without either
a. murdering the language
b. factual error
c unnecessarily interupting
c. overusing expressions (e.g. of course, incredible, etc.)
OR
d. all of the above

I'll quit now. Be well...

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on July 20, 2016, 11:25:55 AM
Norry broke out his tired line, but done as some deep, profound insight, that our smartphones have "more firepower" than the computers we used to get to the moon, for the upmteenth time.
Noory always says "firepower" regarding computers when what he really means is "CPU processing power"
Noory thinks the computers are weapons?

albrecht

Quote from: ufogadfly on July 20, 2016, 12:36:39 PM
I continue to listen because the show's an easy way to keep up on many of my topics of interest, but it's gotten to the point where I think my reaction to Noory is actually doing me psychological harm! Doesn't Premier realize how truly mediocre he is?

"...it's on to Philadelphia next week for the Democratic nomination...and then the games are underfoot."
No such expression exists! Even if he meant "the game is afoot" that would still be inappropriate in that context.
b. factual error
OR
d. all of the above

"well, there's that too"
"of course"
"that's true"
"how do you do what you do?"
"you really love what you do?"
"how did you get started on doing what you do?"
the other night he even said [about terrorists] "doing what they need to do."
and his frequent butchering and confusing common-sayings and idioms. And one would think someone, even Tommy, would correct him on his frequent reference (he claims amazement everytime he does it) about how much "firepower" is in our smart-phones.

ItsOver

Jorch doesn't seem too receptive to criticism, if several thousand posts on BellGab are any indication.  Tommy is smart enough to play "yes man" to Jorch, since Jorch is his meal ticket.  And Tommy needs a LOT of meals.

I_Speculate

Quote from: Morgus on July 20, 2016, 02:23:28 PM
Noory always says "firepower" regarding computers when what he really means is "CPU processing power"
Noory thinks the computers are weapons?

You would be surprised if....

michio

Quote from: ufogadfly on July 20, 2016, 12:36:39 PM

b. factual error
OR
d. all of the above

I was going to write this up.  ;D  He started with "Get his convention underway..." He had it right the first time.

Did you hear later in the show where he was advising police officers on how to do their job? He asked law enforcement members to call in and give their take on the recent violent events. After he had one cop on the phone, sNoory told him "if you don't have to stop the person, let 'em go." "If you normally would stop somebody for going 10 over the limit, let them go," as it's not worth the risk of stopping someone and possibly being shot. In reply the officer said, "On the other hand, our hand is forced." I'm not sure if what sNoory recommended to the law enforcement professional is an example of being compassionate or of being arrogant.

sNoory will be adding "law enforcement training instructor" to his resume of talents and professions, be it normal or paranormal.