No
No

ziznak

Quote from: zeebo on February 26, 2016, 02:48:55 PM
Sir ..
1) that picture is uncalled for
and
2) thank you for posting it
that one's a true classshic.  The "crying Noory" head that was used for it is by far one of the best and most underrated jorch heads ever photoshopped...  I still have yet to use it  :(

akwilly

Tonight's show could be entertaining. I don't know much about the guy whom they are doing a tribute to in the first hour but the main guest might have some good tales.

Izintit?

Ed Grimsley "tribute" means extra-early turkey sammich for Norry. GNSC

Quote from: Uncle Duke on February 26, 2016, 10:21:12 AM
I'd heard the FDR suicide rumor before, but it never made a great deal of sense.  Do you think something like that could have been kept secret?

It would have been quite easy back then, I think, before TV took off.  Warm Springs, GA is in the middle of nowhere.  I've been there and there wasn't much to it. Just a few small-town rubes and maybe a rich family or two.

My guess is the secret service detail was minimal and he could do as he pleased with few curiosity-seekers.  Eleanor wasn't there. If he was going to do it, that would be the best place. I'm not a conspiracy nut but there is something about this story that has the ring of truth.

akwilly

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 27, 2016, 12:21:41 AM
It would have been quite easy back then, I think, before TV took off.  Warm Springs, GA is in the middle of nowhere.  I've been there and there wasn't much to it. Just a few small-town rubes and maybe a rich family or two.

My guess is the secret service detail was minimal and he could do as he pleased with few curiosity-seekers.  Eleanor wasn't there. If he was going to do it, that would be the best place. I'm not a conspiracy nut but there is something about this story that has the ring of truth.
I haven't yet had the chance to listen to the links you all provided in regards to LMH last night with that said could he have killed himself for carrying guilt of Pear Harbor? That is only assuming he had any knowledge of the attack before hand.

The Hitch-hiker was a radio drama long before it was adapted for the Twilight Zone.  Listen to the Orson Welles adaptation  from Suspense on the link below.  Dates from about 1942, I think.

https://archive.org/details/OTRR_Suspense_Singles

Quote from: akwilly on February 27, 2016, 12:27:07 AM
I haven't yet had the chance to listen to the links you all provided in regards to LMH last night with that said could he have killed himself for carrying guilt of Pear Harbor? That is only assuming he had any knowledge of the attack before hand.

I don't personally believe the Pearl Harbor stuff but I do tend to be a bit naive at times.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 27, 2016, 01:49:49 AM
I don't personally believe the Pearl Harbor stuff but I do tend to be a bit naive at times.

akwilly

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 27, 2016, 01:49:49 AM
The only reason I believe any of the Pearl Harbor stuff is that when I was a kid an old woman came to our school and showed us a newspaper. She pointed out weird things such as little airplanes and things kinda hidden on the pages. She implied that they were codes to some of the people on the Island. It doesn't prove any conspiracy or anything but I always remembered her. I will have to do some digging to see if I can find the paper she showed us.

Quote from: Jackstar on February 27, 2016, 01:56:40 AM

I grant you that the building 7 collapse has not been explained by government officials to my satisfaction.  Beyond that, I'm not willing to speculate without further evidence.  I want some evidence to back up a theory.

I do believe there are cover-ups like the UFO phenomenon.  With that, there is more than enough circumstantial evidence to back up the UFO claims in general.

136 or 142

This is an explanation of the importance of the U.S dollar being the 'reserve currency.'

Before he became a partisan columnist Paul Krugman was the recognized leading scholar in international economics (hence his winning the Nobel Prize in economics) and this comes from the seventh edition of his seminal textbook "International Economics: Theory and Policy" coauthored with Maurice Obstfeld.

There is too much to the post 1973 years to scan all that, but I'll post a summary of what they wrote about it as soon as I can.

Morgus

Quote from: Izintit? on February 26, 2016, 11:45:48 PM
Ed Grimsley "tribute" means extra-early turkey sammich for Norry. GNSC
Yep, Noory always plays a replay for his phony "tribute" in the last hour on a Friday so he can sneak out early...

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on February 27, 2016, 02:49:35 AM
Yep, Noory always plays a replay for his phony "tribute" in the last hour on a Friday so he can sneak out early...

Turkee sammiches are 10% off after 1am but it's first-come-first-served.

I'm 21st Century Man and I don't endorse this ad.  GNS!

I'm 21st Century Man and I don't endorse this ad.  GNS!

Just Me

I think FDR couldn't handle the fact this planet is run by superior race of beings using the human as nothing more than animals to be consumed and destroyed by their on hands.

Forrestal maybe had enough and was going to talk but got the out the window treatment.

A family member told me an IRS director said they have a friend in Vegas who is a retired General and they visit him and his wife every year for a get together. The Retired General begins to drink, starts crying and goes in a panic saying area 51 is run by aliens and they are not friendly and it's horrible.

I suspected these illegal aliens from outer space have no compassion for the human and are what's destabilizing the human race into wars and death.

EDIT to add:

Last night the clown show had a caller who was trucking across New Mexico or Arizona and he was in a truck stop tire thumpin his tires with his tire billy when a hooded individual attacked him and he fought him in to submission. The guy claims this hooded figure had yellow eyes and creeped him out. The freak told the trucker he was hungry and Mr Trucker offered to buy him a subway sandwhich but the creep turned it down because he wanted something else to eat.

Mr trucker says he talked with the freak and it turned out it was a vampire. The vampire said he could smell Mr trucker and that's why he attacked.

136 or 142

Only heard the first hour with the truck driver haunted story guy.  This is probably the most famous story regarding haunted roads, but this radio show version of it doesn't involve a truck driver.

Suspense - The Hitchhiker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07BT8XOrgKs

It's regarded as the second best episode of the long running radio series 'Suspense' after 'Sorry, Wrong Number' but I personally didn't think it was anything special.  (But, that's just my opinion.)

WOTR

Quote from: ziznak on February 25, 2016, 11:40:21 AM
pray for tommy.... and jorch.  what's jorch gonna do without him?
You have to hope that George does not overheat a pizza roll... Nobody else in LA would know how to find a hospital (which also begs the question of how George will manage to visit his chauffeur and producer...)

Nebraska888

I listened to the first two hours last night........I enjoyed the topic.  Noory is still in love with the words:  AS WELL AS.......

God help me.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on February 27, 2016, 10:55:07 AM
Only heard the first hour with the truck driver haunted story guy.  This is probably the most famous story regarding haunted roads, but this radio show version of it doesn't involve a truck driver.

Suspense - The Hitchhiker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07BT8XOrgKs

It's regarded as the second best episode of the long running radio series 'Suspense' after 'Sorry, Wrong Number' but I personally didn't think it was anything special.  (But, that's just my opinion.)

I posted a link to the radio show if you scroll up the page.  On the same page are literally hundreds of other episodes.  I first listened to the Suspense Hitchhiker adaption a couple of weeks ago.  I enjoyed it immensely.  I'm biased though because I love his voice.  I also have about 100 episodes of the Suspense TV show on dvd.  BJ's had them for sale about 5 years ago when they still sold a lot of DVD's.

Listen to the Suspense theme and then watch the Jimmy Stewart nightmare sequence in Vertigo.  I'm pretty sure it is the same music.  Of course, Bernard Herrmann was responsible for both.

Robert

Suspense also did an adaptation of A.C. Doyle's short story "The Lost Special", for which the TV serial Lost was named (possibly also influenced by Doyle's The Lost World), & from which it got a lot of its plot.  Lost put in clever allusions to every adaptation of "The Lost Special" I've found that existed up to that time, including the Suspense version, from which it took the meeting on the golf course and the location in Equatorial Guinea, which, if you put the clues together, was where The Island was.  Then, because of its setting on Fernando Poo, Lost added allusions to Illuminatus!.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on February 27, 2016, 03:22:27 AM
Turkee sammiches are 10% off after 1am but it's first-come-first-served.
They go fast, too.  Jorch doesn't want to have further adventures in gourmet dining with something else that comes with directions to figure out.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 27, 2016, 02:43:27 PM
I posted a link to the radio show if you scroll up the page.  On the same page are literally hundreds of other episodes.  I first listened to the Suspense Hitchhiker adaption a couple of weeks ago.  I enjoyed it immensely.  I'm biased though because I love his voice.  I also have about 100 episodes of the Suspense TV show on dvd.  BJ's had them for sale about 5 years ago when they still sold a lot of DVD's.

Listen to the Suspense theme and then watch the Jimmy Stewart nightmare sequence in Vertigo.  I'm pretty sure it is the same music.  Of course, Bernard Herrmann was responsible for both.

Sorry, I did not notice that you had previously posted this.  Jimmy Stewart did several episodes of the Suspense radio show. In one he plays a former prisoner of war held in Japan (or in Japanese held territory anyway) in an American army hospital and another episode has something to do with spring rain.  I believe he did at least one more.

Ronald Reagan also did an episode in which he played a wrongly accused person on trial.

Also, in addition to Suspense radio show also airing on T.V, a radio show that was only played on the west coast, The Whistler, also aired on tv.  (For both, at least some of the tv episodes can be found on youtube.)  The 'gimmick' of The Whistler was a plot twist after the final commercial.  Quality wise, the Whistler was every bit as good as Suspense.

There were a number of other radio programs that also ran on television including Gunsmoke, but also at least two comedies: Life of Riley and Our Miss Brooks.  I'm not sure about any other dramas though.  Mysterious Traveler probably would have made a good television show but I was never a big fan of Inner Sanctum.  The Shadow probably would have been very difficult to transfer to television.

Perry Mason actually was first a radio show, but it wasn't picked up as a television show until years after it ended its radio run.