• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Initramakdov

Did Noory call Stanley Kubrick "Stanley Cooper" coming back from the break in the 2nd half hour?

testpattern

Quote from: Initramakdov on April 18, 2012, 11:49:03 PM
Did Noory call Stanley Kubrick "Stanley Cooper" coming back from the break in the 2nd half hour?

Yes, I do believe he did. What an assbag. The guy has the attention span of a fucking housefly.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: testpattern on April 19, 2012, 01:04:53 AM
Yes, I do believe he did. What an assbag. The guy has the attention span of a fucking housefly.
Ah, you guys are carping! Other than Paths of Glory,Spartacus,  Dr. Strangelove, 2001, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket and Eyes Wide Shut, what did Stanley Kooper, I mean Kubrick ever really do? He's no Billy Mumy or anything.

testpattern

Eddie- you're right. Now that I have been granted perspective, I have seen the light. how 'bout that Billy, eh? and the Academy never recognized his greatness....

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2012, 01:21:59 AM
...He's no Billy Mumy or anything.

Heh. "Hey! Billy Mumy! Glad to have you back for the third time this year! You know, Billy, that Twilight Zone where you were the kid who could read minds - what a great , great show that was. We've got to take a break...but when we come back, could tell us what you as a 7-year-old learned from working with Rod Serling - again? And could you act like you're happy that your career sucks so bad that you come on Coast To Coast any time we call?"

Oversoul

Someone has placed a $500 bid in an auction to have dinner with Noory on June 14:  http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/clearchannel/catalog_items/300629    :o

Now who in his/her right mind would do that?   ::)   What a waste of good money!    :(

Let me guess: Hmmm... Linda Moulton Howe?  Evelyn Paglini?  Numbers Lady Glynis McCants?   Ed Dames?  Richard Hoaxland?  UFO Phil?

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Oversoul on April 19, 2012, 03:51:34 AM

Now who in his/her right mind would do that?   ::)   What a waste of good money!    :(

Maybe it's the really attractive non-animal lover Snoory walked out on the minute she said she hated animals, still pining over that lost opportunity with the George-man?

Oversoul

Quote from: Lovely Bones on April 19, 2012, 08:55:30 AM
Maybe it's the really attractive non-animal lover Snoory walked out on the minute she said she hated animals, still pining over that lost opportunity with the George-man?

Noory's really cheap then if he can be had by her for $500 only.    ;D

testpattern

George on a "Million Man faux-Christian Beach March".....[attachimg=1]

stevesh

Quote from: Oversoul on April 19, 2012, 03:51:34 AM
Someone has placed a $500 bid in an auction to have dinner with Noory on June 14:  http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/clearchannel/catalog_items/300629   

It's up to $550 now, and includes a set of Platinum 21pc Cookware, from some scammy multi-level marketing outfit. Even when he tries to do something decent, he can't help but crap it up.

Quote from: stevesh on April 19, 2012, 01:03:47 PM
It's up to $550 now, and includes a set of Platinum 21pc Cookware, from some scammy multi-level marketing outfit. Even when he tries to do something decent, he can't help but crap it up.

George would do anything to just get a date.  I hope someone takes him home and robs him.

BobGrau

It'll be won by his new friend, the child molester.

11angeleyes11

Read closely, you do not get to take George home, at least that night, but you do get the 21-piece cookware. 
Note:  It will be in the same condition as donated.  Rachel Ray has just lost her set of everyday cookware, that she prepared 30-minute meals in for the last five years on the Food Channel. 

preston

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on April 19, 2012, 02:07:25 PM
Read closely, you do not get to take George home, at least that night, but you do get the 21-piece cookware. 
Note:  It will be in the same condition as donated.  Rachel Ray has just lost her set of everyday cookware, that she prepared 30-minute meals in for the last five years on the Food Channel.
Shipping and Handling The minimum shipping, handling and applicable insurance for this item is $29.95. Additional shipping charges may apply based upon the location of the winner. Hard copies of tickets, travel certificates and merchandise are shipped via FedEx or professional shipping service. Detailed redemption information for non-tangible items will be emailed to the winning bidder.

hosehead

I might bid and fly out. I will talk about how good Art Bell was, how I only like animals when they are medium rare and how if I found Bigfoot I would sell him to a circus. Also, I would lie and tell him I worked for "thuh buhig drug cumpanies."

Morgus

Noory mentioned he is taking yet another Friday night off - giving us another 3day Noory-Free weekend now. :)

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 19, 2012, 01:30:16 PM
  I hope someone takes him home and robs him.

I think Aileen Wournos (sp?) has already been executed, though. 

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on April 20, 2012, 02:37:38 AM
Noory mentioned he is taking yet another Friday night off - giving us another 3day Noory-Free weekend now. :)

Don't look now, George, but in case you haven't figured it out yet, little by little your ass is being pried off your chair.

My guess for George's final C2C show: December 21, 2012.

Quote from: Morgus on April 20, 2012, 02:37:38 AM

Any sign of George broadcasting from thuh new studio they are building him in Hawaii?  Still just right around the corner?

I know George has a lot going on - daughters wedding, auctioning himself and some used dishes off for dinner, taking precautions in case the cartels are still out looking for him, providing the Ancient Aliens show with the knowledge and wisdom he's picked up over the decades...  But if PremRat spent all this time and money trying to please him with a new studio, he should certainly use.it.

And how is it his buddies like Alex Jones and Richard C aren't congradulating George on his escape from the kidnappers and playing up the story the way they usually would?  Shouldn't there be commentary, entire shows, speculating about the Bilderburghers or the Shadow Government types or at least the rogue elemets in NASA panicking and orchestrating this event in an attempt to shut George down?  This story has no 'legs' at all, it's almost as if even his friends don't believe him.

How about the Feds - wouldn't they want to talk to George, maybe send an FBI profiler out to get a little information on what to look for and tips from George on how to recognize and escape a foreign kidnapping?  Why hasn't George shared anything from these meetings?  Seems like he would.

tweet75

how much thought does go into selecting bumper music?

margoloo

Humble George strikes again.  "A few years back, wanting to hone my corporate skills, I took a job at a MAJOR public relations firm.....between my EXECUTIVE broadcasting jobs....."
How about this George?  "When I couldn't get a job in broadcasting, I worked at a local PR firm."  Then he rambles into a story about Wilt Chamberlain and his cat....trouble is, there was no story.  Just a chance to name drop.

Usagi

None at all.  I don't know who picks it, but it ain't him.

A couple of years ago "Black Hole Sun" played as bumper music to compliment some guest or other's topic, I don't remember, but I DO remember that he had no idea what the song was, who recorded it, and said something asinine on top of it.

He may have a hand in picking the Soda-shop Doo-wop business that often plays (especially since he thinks only decrepitly old lonely people listen to him), but even that is questionable.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: tweet75 on April 20, 2012, 12:23:18 PM
how much thought does go into selecting bumper music?
About the same amount you use in starting threads.

Morgus

Yep, Noory doesn't pick any of the bumper music since he is totally unknowledgeable about popular music, other than the themes to old children's TV shows he used to watch as a kid like Fireball XL5.
His staff pretty much randomly picks from a large selection of bumper music they collected over the years, many from Art Bell's old selections. ;)

Morgus

Quote from: Sardondi on April 20, 2012, 08:38:57 AM
My guess for George's final C2C show: December 21, 2012.
That was Noory's originally planned retirement date, until he changed it a few years back.
But maybe the Mayan prophecy will alter Noory's plan for never retiring?

Morgus

In addition to tonight and last Friday, looks like Noory is taking off next week's Friday show as well - at least 3 Fridays in a row:

Megacatastrophes & Open Lines
Date:    04-27-12
Host:    John B. Wells
Guests:    David Darling, Open Lines

Filling in for George, John B. Wells is joined by British astronomer Dr. David Darling for a discussion about the strange ways the world could end. Could it be an asteroid hurtling toward us from outer space, or a super-volcano covering the Earth under a cloud of ash? Open Lines follow in the latter half.

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 20, 2012, 08:59:05 AM

Any sign of George broadcasting from thuh new studio they are building him in Hawaii?  Still just right around the corner?

I thought I heard him say he's going back to LA after this weekend, then shortly after that, he'll go to Hawaii....

Quote from: CoastCanuck on April 20, 2012, 02:40:16 PM
I thought I heard him say he's going back to LA after this weekend, then shortly after that, he'll go to Hawaii....

How many times over several years now has he said it's almost done and he's going in a month or so?

Even if he does go to Hawaii and manages to fit a show or two into his busy schedule, pretty sure it's just going to be from an existing studio of an affiliate.