• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Juan Cena on July 01, 2015, 11:54:58 PM
Does Castro even speak English? We know Dave doesn't.

I'm pretty sure Fidel speaks English.  He worked as an extra for MGM in Hollywood in the mid 40's.

akwilly

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 02, 2015, 12:38:53 AM
I'm pretty sure Fidel speaks English.  He worked as an extra for MGM in Hollywood in the mid 40's.
really?

CJJames

Soooo.... tonight's Voyage Into Unchallenged Nuttiness teaches us that "the government" killed seal team six while Idiot Dave "Ah Shucks" into the mic, scanning the 13,000 names on his Paranormal Date list of victims.

Dave also just accepted condolences on behalf of the seal team six family. Yeah I'm going to puke.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: CJJames on July 02, 2015, 12:43:28 AM
Soooo.... tonight's Voyage Into Unchallenged Nuttiness teaches us that "the government" killed seal team six while Idiot Dave "Ah Shucks" into the mic, scanning the 13,000 names on his Paranormal Date list of victims.

Dave also just accepted condolences on behalf of the seal team six family. Yeah I'm going to puke.
The Idiot dave is shameless.

JZ Knight has crawled out from her hole.  I wonder if Linda Evans and other Hollywood types still follow this kook.  Jorch , so we are supposed to believe UFO stories from a person who talks to a 35,000 year old human spirit named Ramtha?  I don't think so. Off goes the radio.

Quote from: akwilly on July 02, 2015, 12:42:30 AM
really?

Yep!

A movie with Esther Williams and Lucille Ball called Easy To Wed and another with Walter Pidgeon and Roddy McDowall called Holiday in Mexico.  Both shot on the MGM lot.  He had aspirations to be an actor and he also wanted to play baseball in America.

WOTR

Quote from: trostol on July 01, 2015, 11:12:02 PM
ha ha ha ha ha GN interviewing Castro
I left the radio on while making grilled cheese (I really should know better by now) and heard this.  I figured I would come here because others will have made fun of the idiot. 

He makes it sound like the hurdle is going to be getting US permission to travel to Cuba.  I would say the problem will be convincing Castro that he should be interviewed by fumblegums, the "king" of overnight radio heard by dozens of cat ladies...  Though Castro may grant the interview to broadcast in his country as an example of the inferiority of American education, American intelligence and American entertainment.

On the other hand, I hope he does land the interview.  I look forward to welcoming Castro as a member when he searches "George Noory sucks" immediately following the interview.

MTB

I have heard that Castro has dementia, so he might be ok with Noory interviewing him. Hell, he might be a regular caller.

Morgus

Quote from: chefist on July 02, 2015, 12:08:53 AM
is it me or every time I hear "The Chase" intro to C2C it's like an insult to Art! That is HIS intro song!
thats how I feel with most of Noory's bumper music - most of it is ripped off from Art's old c2c bumper music list.  8)
can't Noory have his staff select all their own unique music like his few Sinatra selections after 13 years?

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on July 01, 2015, 06:37:58 PM
We don't call them "child" anymore but "pin-cushions." Kidding. Of course this simply could be a natural thing in the course of increases in medical knowledge and technology. I think people need to act more rationally about the situation and examine each individual vaccine (and weigh it for the proven efficacy, the cost, the potential dangers, and the virulence or seriousness of the disease it is supposed to protect against. And look at the individual person (age, allergies, occupation, travel plans, where they live, etc.)

I'm against a national law to forcibly inoculate people, or children, against their will except in extreme cases (say convicted prisoners in custody in a penal institution or illegal aliens being held in detention centers or attending our schools.) And I'm likely against States law requiring it without religious or personal exemptions. I've not read the latest California law but, my point, is that EACH vaccine and EACH disease should be individually decided upon and also any contraindications BETWEEN the various vaccines should be considered.
-GNS
I just remembered an old episode of VICE in which a new cancer cure was being experimented with.  It was using various viruses to cure different kinds of cancer. 
It said that we saw some instances of this 'miracle' decades ago, with a dog and I think, a child who both had incurable cancer but caught some secondary disease, a virus, soon afterwards and the cancer, miraculously, disappeared.

A talk show host later wondered if anyone had done research that might suggest warding off certain diseases with vaccines, building the immune system in that way, could leave one more vulnerable to cancers. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 01, 2015, 06:41:14 PM
Only a few years ago, these vaccinations where called immunizations. Well we know that they are not immunizing everyone.  Hell, I was immunized as a child and still came down with mumps, measles and chicken pox. 

I have not researched what all those vaccines actually are supposed to prevent.  Is there some connection with germ warfare, I wonder?  What is the probability of a person contracting all those diseases? 

You sound as though you may have had a bad batch of vaccines. 
Oh, didn't I read that they were not 100% effective?  That vaccinated kids could still come down with those disorders?   

wr250

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 02, 2015, 05:25:02 AM
I have not researched what all those vaccines actually are supposed to prevent.  Is there some connection with germ warfare, I wonder?  What is the probability of a person contracting all those diseases? 

Oh, didn't I read that they were not 100% effective?  That vaccinated kids could still come down with those disorders?
vaccines are not 100% effective. if you have a weak or compromised immune system, you will catch the disease.
a vaccine will not prevent you from catching the disease.
even if you have a normal immune system,you will catch the disease. however the vaccine is supposed to force your body into creating antibodies against said disease, and your body then eradicates the disease with no or mild symptoms.

paladin1991

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 02, 2015, 05:25:02 AM

You may be right.  All the kids in my age group were being hit.  Wasn't uncommon to have a half doz kids in a class down with measles or chicken pox in my school.

Wait a minute.  I went to a private Catholic school.  Seems like 'they' were trying to rub out the Catholics.

Guess I'm lucky I didn't end up going Autistic.

CornyCrow

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 02, 2015, 09:32:15 AM
You may be right.  All the kids in my age group were being hit.  Wasn't uncommon to have a half doz kids in a class down with measles or chicken pox in my school.

Wait a minute.  I went to a private Catholic school.  Seems like 'they' were trying to rub out the Catholics.

Guess I'm lucky I didn't end up going Autistic.
Well, we're all glad that you didn't end up that way, I'm sure.
I remember when the Polio vaccine was a new thing and all the kids in our school had to be vaccinated.  The initial vaccine actually gave the disease to some kids because the first vaccine was a live virus. 

There was also a flu shot that was manufactured too late.  Flu season had passed but the government put out a big campaign for people to get the shot, anyway.  The vaccine manufacturer was stuck with all that product on hand and had to recoup expenses and perhaps make a profit, hence, the government campaign. 

albrecht

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 02, 2015, 10:12:15 AM
Well, we're all glad that you didn't end up that way, I'm sure.
I remember when the Polio vaccine was a new thing and all the kids in our school had to be vaccinated.  The initial vaccine actually gave the disease to some kids because the first vaccine was a live virus. 

There was also a flu shot that was manufactured too late.  Flu season had passed but the government put out a big campaign for people to get the shot, anyway.  The vaccine manufacturer was stuck with all that product on hand and had to recoup expenses and perhaps make a profit, hence, the government campaign.
If all the vaccines were very safe and very effective against bad diseases why do the manufacturer's need to be indemnified by the government? Wouldn't the consumers simply buy them? Especially with the effectively proven marketing and advertising campaigns (in the US) of the drug companies promoting just about every drug under the sun?

Yes, I know the argument is that they would rather make a "profitable" drugs, so they need government incentives, but, since/if it is a real crisis, the IMF, UN, could simply buy the vaccines for the poor countries. Why the liability protection angle? Or those countries could buy the vaccines instead of buying some more munitions or expensive cars for their leaders.

With all this "debate" about vaccines how come nobody talks about better screening immigrants, and cracking down on illegals who aren't screened at all, or bringing back general vaccination for things like TB (it is not in the USA or most European countries recommended vaccine list* and yet immigrants, often illegal, are bringing it in?)

*"Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) is a vaccine for tuberculosis (TB) disease. This vaccine is not widely used in the United States, but it is often given to infants and small children in other countries where TB is common. BCG does not always protect people from getting TB."

onan

Quote from: albrecht on July 02, 2015, 10:30:13 AM
If all the vaccines were very safe and very effective against bad diseases why do the manufacturer's need to be indemnified by the government? Wouldn't the consumers simply buy them?

Dunno if they would be bought. It isn't really a retail market. Most vaccines in the US can be administered by agencies that charge very little to nothing. Vaccines aren't a money maker and the government steps in to make vaccines available for public health. Even in a private practice setting, I think the vaccine itself is free, just the administration of the injection is billed. That may have changed but that is how it was done less than a decade ago.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on July 02, 2015, 10:35:49 AM
Dunno if they would be bought. It isn't really a retail market. Most vaccines in the US can be administered by agencies that charge very little to nothing. Vaccines aren't a money maker and the government steps in to make vaccines available for public health. Even in a private practice setting, I think the vaccine itself is free, just the administration of the injection is billed. That may have changed but that is how it was done less than a decade ago.
Yes, they would rather make "little blue pills" and more profitable drugs- more than life-saving ones (recall the various cancer chemo drug shortage a few years ago.) That could be solved by government, insurers, etc subsidies- or outright purchases*. But the indemnification issue, to me, is suspect. I understand their reasoning (of the companies) because of potential liabilities of lawsuits, class-action, and otherwise (especially here in the USA) but if they are so "safe" why should they be concerned so much about this? Why can't other businesses get a similar "deal?" There are other things, like food, shelter, and transportation, that are even more important than vaccines but they don't get blanket protection from lawsuits by the government.

*I'm not sure how this works but CVS a few years ago was offering a coupon for some discounts on other items if you got your "free" flu-shot there. Not sure if this was a way to get more customers in the store or if they got a kick-back by the government or vaccine mfg or both.

Also, why no TB vaccines anymore? Especially in light of recent outbreaks and more and more immigrants, legal and otherwise, coming from countries where TB is more prevalent (to here and to Europe?)

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2015/07/02/scientist-aids-research-fraud/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/29/anti-vaccine-doctor-behind-dangerous-autism-therapy-found-dead-family-cries-foul/?wprss=rss_homepage

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on July 02, 2015, 10:46:55 AM

...*I'm not sure how this works but CVS a few years ago was offering a coupon for some discounts on other items if you got your "free" flu-shot there. Not sure if this was a way to get more customers in the store or if they got a kick-back by the government or vaccine mfg or both...

Yes, CVS still does it.  It's a coupon for, I believe, 25% off CVS purchases.

pyewacket

Quote from: chefist on July 02, 2015, 12:08:53 AM
is it me or every time I hear "The Chase" intro to C2C it's like an insult to Art! That is HIS intro song!

I have a weird theory about this. When Art was still hosting and The Chase was his intro, it had a certain energy that stoked anticipation for what was to follow. Art then took over and added his own energy as the show progressed. His bumper music added more.

Now The Chase sounds like it's on life support with all of the energy drained out of it. Then Dave is on air and I don't think I need to describe what happens then.  :( No bumper music can fix this.

albrecht

Man, Norry sure got rid of Juan Enriquez quickly especially when he started talking about rational cost/benefit analysis and the benefits we've seen via modern medicine, including some vaccines and GMOs. And how our threats of dying by violence has gone down. Good news, or rational decision making, don't go over well with Norry. He didn't quite just cut him off but as Juan was mentioned the murder rate in Boston was like that of Columbia and now was far safer Norry quickly said something like "well..." and then introduced the next guest. It seemed rude to me. Didn't even let him sign off or plug his book. I would like Art to book him as his ideas were interesting and the interview just "ended" when it was getting interesting due to Norry's aversion to interesting thought, science, and the "split-show" format.
-GNS

ItsOver

Quote from: pyewacket on July 02, 2015, 11:13:35 AM

...Now The Chase sounds like it's on life support with all of the energy drained out of it. Then Dave is on air and I don't think I need to describe what happens then.  :( No bumper music can fix this.
After "Chase," it's all downhill into the whirlpool of suckage.

b_dubb

Nobody has turned The Chase into The Deflating

Jackstar

I think Twelve Monkeys is a prime example of why companies that produce vaccines have moved Heaven and Earth to ensure that they have as much legal protection as they can pay to have written.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwQcEx3Y1OQ

Robert

Quote from: albrecht on July 02, 2015, 10:46:55 AMAlso, why no TB vaccines anymore? Especially in light of recent outbreaks and more and more immigrants, legal and otherwise, coming from countries where TB is more prevalent (to here and to Europe?)
When I was in med school almost 40 yrs. ago, the reason given for US authorities not recommending BCG was that the efficacy of it vs. TB was low enough that they'd rather deal with it by detection, and BCG caused patients to show as positive on the common TB tests of the time.

Quote from: albrecht on July 02, 2015, 11:32:45 AM
Man, Norry sure got rid of Juan Enriquez quickly especially when he started talking about rational cost/benefit analysis and the benefits we've seen via modern medicine, including some vaccines and GMOs. And how our threats of dying by violence has gone down. Good news, or rational decision making, don't go over well with Norry. He didn't quite just cut him off but as Juan was mentioned the murder rate in Boston was like that of Columbia and now was far safer Norry quickly said something like "well..." and then introduced the next guest. It seemed rude to me. Didn't even let him sign off or plug his book. I would like Art to book him as his ideas were interesting and the interview just "ended" when it was getting interesting due to Norry's aversion to interesting thought, science, and the "split-show" format.
-GNS
I couldn't agree more.  Since I doubt Art reads the George Noory thread, perhaps you could send your idea to his producer, Dr. J. 

Morgus

During the start of c2c last night, reading his news stories, Noory reported on the New Horizons space probe approaching Pluto coming up on July 14.
Oddly though he didn't mention anything about the plan for Hoagland to host the show that night to cover the big event! ;)

Perhaps Noory should get a lot of callers during open lines Friday night to ask him about his planned Hoagland guest hosting show to cover the Pluto flyby?
Remember Noory has not mentioned or announced onair any change in that plan since Hoagland was on a week or two ago when they announced his special guest hosting for the night of 7/13-14 and for Noory to fulfill the terms of their bet.

Noory really deserves a new Bateman prank call about Hoagland now... :D

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on July 02, 2015, 11:32:45 AM
-GNS
There were times when Art had a guest who was technical and I would be struggling to understand his train of thought and almost always Art would end up giving a quick summary or background that would clear things up for me.  You could tell that Art was interesting and engaged. 

Dave, though, probably can not keep up with such a conversation himself, so how could he translate that into understandable terms for his audience? 

It's so sad that we've sunk so far.  I hope this new venture of Art's pans out and he lives for a LONG time.   

albrecht

Did you hear that vindictive, self-aggrandized tone Norry used with Marjorie Sandor? When he asked for the 100th time about her favorite story, I think actually something like, "throw another one out there" and she, sorta, balked and he said, under his breathe- but clearly audible- "you'll only sell a million books because of me" (or something to that effect, it could've been us instead of me.)

ps: I'm running a few days behind in listening but the opportunity to load up the truck and find camping gear stashed all over places in the garage is allowing me to catch up. And it aint pretty listening.