• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

awguy

Quote from: anagrammy on April 10, 2011, 06:11:41 PM
Recently aldousburbank, one of the regulars here, posted the text of an email he got from Lisa Lyons, the producer, asking why specifically he thought the show was an abomination (he was quitting streamlink).  Since the quitting streamlink email was three months ago, it seemed to me that there must be an effort going on to go back on all the quits and get details.

Huuuum, very intresting. I recently stopped my streamlink too. I didn't specifically quit but my credit card number changed and I never updated my information LOL!

George sucks

Hey, there is someone focusing their efforts on getting George gone. Anagrammy is compiling evidence of incompetence - for those who didn't know, like me. 

http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2387.0.html

b_dubb

Quote from: Scully on April 11, 2011, 12:31:33 AM
Wow!  I just tried to go to the Coastelite site, and I got instead a big red X sign from my MacAfee site advisor.

It also says, "Warning: Dangerous Site. When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.  Use with extreme caution."  I'm given the option to go there anyway, but I'll leave that for one of you braver souls.  Clicking on the details button, I got the message: "this site may be promoted by spammy email."

Is "spammy" a word?  ???
blacklisted.  people are reporting emails from this site (sent with that domain) as spam.  so i guess spammy works in this case

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Treading Water on April 11, 2011, 05:09:43 AM
Wouldn't that make the egometer explode?    I know it would make my head hurt.   A lot.  :'(

In an ideal world, the room would be like a scene from "Scanners" with Jones,Ventura and Beck's heads exploding...with George just sitting there chowing down on his E-Foods Direct gruel.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: George sucks on April 10, 2011, 03:55:33 PM
We, people, should get organized and try to do something.
i think the best thing everyone can do is to call into the show, get on air, and plug this website.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on April 10, 2011, 06:50:00 PM
Get this--Noory was talking up this great new fan forum www.coasttocoastelite.com, how wonderful it is that they have rules that prohibit bashing.  GN says he wishes all internet sites were like that.  Well, I just checked out that site.  1 guest (me) and 0 members viewing.

Interesting that a radio show host would like to stifle "bashing."  Wonder why.

Anagrammy
i just went there and i don't see a forum.  all i see are some ridiculously false stats.  see attached.

jinwicked

That looks like a website that allows you to create your own forum.

Those statistics are probably cumulative for all users across all forums hosted there.

This is the only forum I found when searching for Coast to Coast: http://c2cfans.9.forumer.com/

Possibly the Elite forum was deleted and it is redirecting to the hosting homepage.

Edit: Remove the WWW from the link and it works properly, how stupid.

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael V. on April 11, 2011, 11:53:37 AM
i just went there and i don't see a forum.  all i see are some ridiculously false stats.  see attached.

Hilarious.  Try this (from my history)

http://coasttocoastelite.com/index.php?showforum=6

Anagrammy

PS. If Georgie is pushing it, you know it's got to be good because you can trust him with all your needs:  gold, Depends, mattress, blinds, safes....

Usagi

Gah - Since this thread started, I kept reading that forum as coasttocoastLITE.  As in Crystal Lite or Coors Lite.  I only just now realized that it's supposed to be "elite".

Haha - would have made sense, though.

HAL 9000

Quote from: anagrammy on April 11, 2011, 04:09:09 PM
Hilarious.  Try this (from my history)

http://coasttocoastelite.com/index.php?showforum=6

Anagrammy

PS. If Georgie is pushing it, you know it's got to be good because you can trust him with all your needs:  gold, Depends, mattress, blinds, safes....

After a bit of investigating, I see the problem now... though most domain names accept a "www." before their name, there are some domains which actually DO NOT ALLOW this, with coasttocoastelite.com being one of those domains. The site is working for me now without the "www" prefix. Also, just like BadBoy and the NHZ, coasttocoastelite.com is just a "front" for the "real" forum link, which is  c2celite.30.forumer.com - they're just using a redirect command to access the free forum hoster.

Interestingly, the admin (Chayya) appears to be a former NHZ and BadBoy sycophant who used to go by the screenname NikkiAnastasia at the NHZ. Certainly seems like a nice enough woman, but has definitely drank from the BadBoy Kool-Aid cup for years. This, and being a Nooryholic can be cured by listening to virtuoso music performances, but you can imagine that Nikki/Chayya would require extremely high doses for the antidote  to work.

NikkiAnastasia/Chayya is also a member of the "Into Infinity" forum - 

I now return you to your regular George Noory Sucks programming... ;)

JustOneFix

Listening to a replay of a previous show just now and the guy from Coasttocoastelite called in. Evidently Noory is a member of that board as well under the "willowbee" moniker as the man called Snoory that on the air.

Just what in hell is a Willowbee?

haloedorchid

Quote from: JustOneFix on April 11, 2011, 09:45:58 PM
This is the first website that came up:
http://www.willowbeeaccessories.com/
Maybe it's where he purchases his spray can hair color.

b_dubb

yes the domain information is mis-configured.  and obviously run by a novice

JeffreyLXV

Quote from: JustOneFix on April 11, 2011, 09:45:58 PM

Willowbee.... Wiloughby...    Next Stop ! Wiloughby!

This was a Twilight Zone episode I remember...  A guy escapes into another time and place on a train, a simpler time and place... 

George should go.

HAL 9000

Quote from: JeffreyLXV on April 11, 2011, 10:06:46 PMWillowbee.... Wiloughby...    Next Stop ! Wiloughby! This was a Twilight Zone episode I remember...  A guy escapes into another time and place on a train, a simpler time and place...

If you're serious about this, I have all 156 episodes of the Twilight Zone on my hard drive. Give me a season, or episode number or name and I could upload it...

JeffreyLXV

Quote from: HAL 9000 on April 11, 2011, 10:13:54 PM
If you're serious about this, I have all 156 episodes of the Twilight Zone on my hard drive. Give me a season, or episode number or name and I could upload it...

From Wiki...

"A Stop at Willoughby" is an episode of the American television anthology series The Twilight Zone. Rod Serling cited this as his favorite story from the first season of the series.

Season 1 Episode 30

Quote from: JeffreyLXV on April 11, 2011, 10:21:54 PM
From Wiki...

"A Stop at Willoughby" is an episode of the American television anthology series The Twilight Zone. Rod Serling cited this as his favorite story from the first season of the series.

Season 1 Episode 30

That was always one of my favorite episodes and helped me make a decision to retire form a hideous job a year ago.  I have heard Noory say that he loves the Willoughby episode which now unfortunately lessens my estimation of the episode.  >:(

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: JustOneFix on April 11, 2011, 02:50:07 PM
Pretty bad this is the most active thread on that forum-

http://c2cfans.9.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=116&st=30
Take note of the style in which their forum rules are written. It comes across immediately as the type of forum I reeeeeeeeally hate. I wouldn't want dealings with the neanderthal who wrote that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jinwicked on April 11, 2011, 02:22:11 PM

Those statistics are probably cumulative for all users across all forums hosted there.
Even if that's true, I am still incapable of believing those numbers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

HAL 9000

Quote from: JeffreyLXV on April 11, 2011, 10:21:54 PM
From Wiki...

Season 1 Episode 30

CG would not accept my attachment upload (200MB), so here is the episode on another host:

http://rapidshare.com/files/457019913/TZ-S01.E030-A.Stop.At.Willoughby.avi

Enjoy :)

I'm listening to Noory and he's asking Ventura questions before he even finishes answering. On top of that they're not follow up questions, he changes subjects at will. I mean good interviews become personal and when you talk and LISTEN you give reactions to answers , like a laugh or a comment to the answer. It sounds like George has a list of questions he reads off of and he just wants to get them all in. Humans interview, robots ask questions. Sorry, now i realize why this thread is here.

valdez

Quote from: Late Night 211 on April 12, 2011, 12:12:56 AM
I'm listening to Noory and he's asking Ventura questions before he even finishes answering. On top of that they're not follow up questions, he changes subjects at will. I mean good interviews become personal and when you talk and LISTEN you give reactions to answers , like a laugh or a comment to the answer. It sounds like George has a list of questions he reads off of and he just wants to get them all in. Humans interview, robots ask questions. Sorry, now i realize why this thread is here.
I thought George would put more effort in his much hyped Jesse Ventura interview, but it seems he's not interested in even trying.  Instead he'll just continue his campaign to convince us he is whatever it is he wants us to believe.  A month ago he said c2c was "just a show", then he said he was "truth seeker", and I suppose next week he'll be an astronaut, or a south pacific head hunter.
     Tonight Ventura said (twice) that he would prefer the world be governed by a "benevolent dictator".  My guess is that the dictator he seeks would be himself.  No calls opposing his views were allowed through, and George agreed with everything he said.  Memo to George: if you believe in everything, you believe in nothing. Alex Jones came on for the last two hours making it a whole night of conspiracy talk.  I'm wore out.  I don't care about building 7.  I'm glad it's gone.  And if they've got internet and Hershey's miniatures at those FEMA concentration camps, sign me up.

benevolent
dictator

El Kragen

I stayed up for the show last night and found Snoory to be unusually animated. I guess he figured he'd have to bring his "A" game because of the guest. Must make all the C2C regulars feel good that GN doesn't give two shits about his on air performance with them but when a big name comes on. Geroge just craves legitimacy and celebrity status.

Another thing, at the beginning of the program, George was talking up the show and himself trying to impress JV and whomever else "important" tuning in.

It's the first time I've heard him say "Coast to Coast Worldwide"

"Hey I just left Los Angeles Jesse. I do my shows now between LA and St. Louis, back n forth, back n forth"

"Well at least shows like this Jesse, you're on 542 stations tonight. Ohhhh It's the largest overnight show in the country. It took the spot where Larry King had this late night slot, and then Art Bell, and now here I am...um here I go you a little bit. I was never an elected official. I lived in Minneapolis. I was in the Navy. I gotta tell yeah not a day goes by that I don't get an email..."

That whole bit came across as forced and out of place. "Here I go you a little bit"...I have no idea what he was trying to say here, maybe that he and JV are similar? LOL @ that

anagrammy

Quote from: El Kragen on April 12, 2011, 10:05:45 AM
I stayed up for the show last night and found Snoory to be unusually animated. I guess he figured he'd have to bring his "A" game because of the guest. Must make all the C2C regulars feel good that GN doesn't give two shits about his on air performance with them but when a big name comes on. Geroge just craves legitimacy and celebrity status.

Another thing, at the beginning of the program, George was talking up the show and himself trying to impress JV and whomever else "important" tuning in.

It's the first time I've heard him say "Coast to Coast Worldwide"

"Hey I just left Los Angeles Jesse. I do my shows now between LA and St. Louis, back n forth, back n forth"

"Well at least shows like this Jesse, you're on 542 stations tonight. Ohhhh It's the largest overnight show in the country. It took the spot where Larry King had this late night slot, and then Art Bell, and now here I am...um here I go you a little bit. I was never an elected official. I lived in Minneapolis. I was in the Navy. I gotta tell yeah not a day goes by that I don't get an email..."

That whole bit came across as forced and out of place. "Here I go you a little bit"...I have no idea what he was trying to say here, maybe that he and JV are similar? LOL @ that

How about "...here I got it over you a little bit" meaning my audience is bigger than yours.  I believe Ventura was just describing his worldwide travels and all the people he meets. 

George often slips like that when even the mildest alliteration is involved.  Yes, the Noory ego masturbation is becoming worse. (which is good from our point of view).

Anagrammy

Scully

Quote from: El Kragen on April 12, 2011, 10:05:45 AM

So true... bouncing around like a red rubber ball, he was. I have noticed this on several programs lately, and again I'll say he is taking something "uplifting" when he performs this way.  To me, he just comes across as hopelessly out of touch with reality when he does this.

Quote from: Late Night 211 on April 12, 2011, 12:12:56 AM

Maddening, isn't it?  I wanted desperately for George to follow through on why Ventura has moved to Mexico. (Is it really to get away from U.S. government which he thinks is worse than the Mexican government? ).  By the time the two of them got through rambling, though, it was inevitable that George went to the next caller without any real resolution to that question.  :o

El Kragen

I see they have an interesting Insta-Poll the the website today. 

Which of these options would you like to hear more of on Coast?

More Open Lines, including special themes & hotlines. 9.4% (199 votes)
Longer interviews with a single guest-- i.e. 4 hours. 17.34% (367 votes)
More guests, but with shorter interviews-- i.e. 1-2 hours each 15.78% (334 votes)
Prefer current format-- first hour news interview(s), 3 hours main guest 57.47% (1,216 votes)
  Total Votes: 2,116

Yeeeeah...I don't think it's the format that's causing listeners to abandon C2C in droves