• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Izintit?

Only a p.o.s. snake oil salesman like Noory can go from one `think and get rich `huckster to another huckster who sells a `magic wish box` in the same show. The man has no shame.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 20, 2015, 10:38:11 PM
Never thought this would be possible, but hopefully he has a better show than Knapp did yesterday (though to be fair it was mostly the guests that ruined it).

Does Noory give Knapp all the difficult guests to interview?  Many times in their conversation I thought that woman had taken something. 

nextgen.fm

has the great totino been on vacation or something???

Breaking News! Bizarre creature washes on shore in South Africa.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on April 21, 2015, 12:39:00 PM
Breaking News! Bizarre creature washes on shore in South Africa.

He over did it on the whole P90X thing.

trostol

Quote from: CornyCrow on April 21, 2015, 09:07:00 AM
Does Noory give Knapp all the difficult guests to interview?  Many times in their conversation I thought that woman had taken something.

I am positive that woman from the first half of Knapp's show was on something..too many long awkward silences..too much laughing at nothing..Knapp sounded like he was getting agitated as it went along

Quote from: trostol on April 21, 2015, 02:19:52 PM
I am positive that woman from the first half of Knapp's show was on something..too many long awkward silences..too much laughing at nothing..Knapp sounded like he was getting agitated as it went along

I just thought she seemed kind of snobby and pretentious, but it's pretty hard to base anything on that interview.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 21, 2015, 03:14:34 PM
I just thought she seemed kind of snobby and pretentious, but it's pretty hard to base anything on that interview.
I thought she was on something, 'ludes maybe, but something. Maybe even just a few drinks to settle the nerves before the interview that went to her head? Or someone else was in the room messing with her- she seemed so distracted or, like someone who is high/drunk in a situation where they shouldn't be, seemed like she was playing a funny game (in her head) like: "I'm so high and nobody knows it."
The subject could've been good (to wit the interviews on C2C with the McKennas and others about psychedelics and drugs) and a Knapp night was wasted. I wonder if C2C personally set him up with a bad guest.
-GNS

Route 66

Last night George did it again, when the truck driver from Utah related a tale from the summer of '69. After dropping off a buddy at a girlfriend's house, he turned a corner and found his '53 Ford surrounded by about 20 zombie-like kids, "like on Halloween."  He drove slowly, expecting the kids to back away.   Instead they moved in, one even climbing on his hood & scratching the windshield with "long bony fingers." The caller said he'd always been freaked out by the incident & wished he could be hypnotized to find out exactly what happened. "We can get you hypnotized" George bellowed, then cut off the caller and asked Joshua P. warren to tell him a story about "wishing wells."  I listen to Coast  some nights due to insomnia, always hoping for creepy tales like that one but of course the imbecile will cut it off for an infomercial.  Where is the curiosity?  Why not ask what the kids looked like, how old, did they say anything, what else does he remember?  It's too sad, really...

You want a total lack of intellectual curiosity and cue-card questions plus totally inadequate follow-ups?  Well my friends, you've come to the right place! 8)

zeebo

Generic show template:

Sucky host ...
asks sucky questions ...
of (pick one):
  a-potentially good guest whose potential is wasted
  b-sucky guest

George is taking credit for a story about the government looking at protecting the grid from terrorist attacks and storms due to global warming.  Does he even have a clue that these have nothing to do with the EMP or CMEs he's been 'campaigning' to protect the grid from, or that the fix for this is probably completely different than protecting from an EMP?  He doesn't even believe in global warming, and he hasn't talked about conventional terrorist attacks on the nation's electrical infrastructure, yet he repeatedly took credit for having brought this to the World's attention

trostol

must be in his contract to say "something is going on" or "Things are getting weird"..he gets a bonus from it cause he says it every night now

Quote from: trostol on April 21, 2015, 11:19:22 PM
must be in his contract to say "something is going on" or "Things are getting weird"..he gets a bonus from it cause he says it every night now

It allows him to take credit for calling anything that happens anywhere.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 21, 2015, 11:11:19 PM
George is taking credit for a story about the government looking at protecting the grid from terrorist attacks and storms due to global warming.  Does he even have a clue that these have nothing to do with the EMP or CMEs he's been 'campaigning' to protect the grid from, or that the fix for this is probably completely different than protecting from an EMP?  He doesn't even believe in global warming, and he hasn't talked about conventional terrorist attacks on the nation's electrical infrastructure, yet he repeatedly took credit for having brought this to the World's attention

Great point, GFP. I laughed at how he introduced the story: 'Finally, somebody is listening to this programme.'

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on April 21, 2015, 11:22:59 PM
Great point, GFP. I laughed at how he introduced the story: 'Finally, somebody is listening to this programme.'

The thing that really clinched it was when he went on that "they said it would cost 900 billion to fix.  Our estimates put it at 200 billion."

1)  They were talking about something different; and
2)  He's trying to correct the friggin' Department of Energy on the cost of electrical infrastructure?

Gassy Man

Quote from: Route 66 on April 21, 2015, 06:10:44 PM
Last night George did it again, when the truck driver from Utah related a tale from the summer of '69. After dropping off a buddy at a girlfriend's house, he turned a corner and found his '53 Ford surrounded by about 20 zombie-like kids, "like on Halloween."  He drove slowly, expecting the kids to back away.   Instead they moved in, one even climbing on his hood & scratching the windshield with "long bony fingers." The caller said he'd always been freaked out by the incident & wished he could be hypnotized to find out exactly what happened. "We can get you hypnotized" George bellowed, then cut off the caller and asked Joshua P. warren to tell him a story about "wishing wells."  I listen to Coast  some nights due to insomnia, always hoping for creepy tales like that one but of course the imbecile will cut it off for an infomercial.  Where is the curiosity?  Why not ask what the kids looked like, how old, did they say anything, what else does he remember?  It's too sad, really...
George has got to be the worst conversationalist in entertainment.  He has no instinct for it, which is remarkable given that that used to be a pre-requisite for having a talk show.  But let's assume that he had to learn to have conservation, the gift of gab not being something he was born with.  He's had decades to do so.  Decades.  And his capacity to hold a conversation is still lacking.  I sometimes wonder if George is autistic.   

I've posited before that he might be an alcoholic -- and I still think that's possible.  But he seems so disconnected socially, like he is just disaffected by human relationships, that it starts to seem like something that is simply part of the way his mind works.  I'm not joking or cracking on him.  That would mean George is not being conventionally lazy.  He is simply operating to the best of his ability.  It would also explain why he slurs words, as speech problems often turn up in children with autism and become an issue throughout their lives.  It might explain why he responds to criticism so sharply, as he may lack the capacity to express his feelings appropriately, and why he is fascinated by socially inappropriate things -- like horrible stories concerning children -- but seems to have no clue that such things might actually be highly distasteful to his audience.

^Yes, for the most part I'd agree, but he somehow convinced a woman to have his kids so he's not totally socially inept.

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 21, 2015, 11:49:36 PM
^Yes, for the most part I'd agree, but he somehow convinced a woman to have his kids so he's not totally socially inept.

Sociopaths can be very charming until they get what they want.

trostol

hasnt he said it was arranged for him?

zeebo

Quote from: Gassy Man on April 21, 2015, 11:47:51 PM
... But he seems so disconnected socially, like he is just disaffected by human relationships, that it starts to seem like something that is simply part of the way his mind works.  ...

I wondered last nite if anyone noticed when the guest (the one who got bumped) mentioned that much of his time is spent in physical therapy as he recovers from somehow almost dying and George very oddly just completely ignored it, skipping right to the next question without showing an ounce of common human interest or empathy for the guy.  It was really quite strange I thought, showing a kind of complete detachment. 

My theory is maybe George is some kind of android prototype, who's emotion chip hasn't quite been worked out.  Kind of like an early Data from Star Trek.  Perhaps his neural net has not quite evolved enough, or maybe one time he drank a slurpee too fast at that gas station and it froze up his primitive personality circuitry. 

Gassy Man

I think the topic deserves full conversation, so I've started a thread about it.

Think that was his parents he said was an arranged deal.

Also by his own admission he has some sort of speech impediment and ADHD, that partially explains why he is how he is, especially if he doesn't believe in meds as his show topics would imply.

Gassy Man

Quote from: zeebo on April 21, 2015, 11:58:09 PM
I wondered last nite if anyone noticed when the guest (the one who got bumped) mentioned that much of his time is spent in physical therapy as he recovers from somehow almost dying and George very oddly just completely ignored it, skipping right to the next question without showing an ounce of common human interest or empathy for the guy.  It was really quite strange I thought, showing a kind of complete detachment. 

My theory is maybe George is some kind of android prototype, who's emotion chip hasn't quite been worked out.  Kind of like an early Data from Star Trek.  Perhaps his neural net has not quite evolved enough, or maybe one time he drank a slurpee too fast at that gas station and it froze up his primitive personality circuitry.
Well, if he's an android, my bet is it's closer to Uniblab on The Jetsons.

Gassy Man

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 21, 2015, 11:58:34 PM
Think that was his parents he said was an arranged deal.

Also by his own admission he has some sort of speech impediment and ADHD, that partially explains why he is how he is, especially if he doesn't believe in meds as his show topics would imply.
ADHD now falls on the autism spectrum, so in one form, he does have it.

Haha yeah zeebo I remember that, guest talks about being in slow recovery after almost dying, Noory completely ignores him and goes on with his cue cards like normal.

Yeah Gassy that's true too.  One thing's for sure - when you see him and his awkward body language/mannerisms in interviews or on Beyond Belief - you notice something just ain't right there.