• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

I finally figured out what creeps me out about Norry and what also seems so familiar: he looks like a worker at a funeral home. Did any of his family own one? Does he shop at "funeralhomewarerobe.com?"
-GNS

coaster

Quote from: albrecht on April 17, 2015, 03:43:52 PM
I finally figured out what creeps me out about Norry and what also seems so familiar: he looks like a worker at a funeral home. Did any of his family own one? Does he shop at "funeralhomewarerobe.com?"
-GNS
Its all the formaldehyde in his hair dye. That shit is full of chemicals. That could explain his pale, grey, clammy complexion. His slurred speech and all around stupid behavior.

yumyumtree

Quote from: nextgen.fm on April 16, 2015, 09:10:01 PM
yeah he did that all the time before he joined cumulus, he still does that for hour 3?

I don't usually listen that late, but when he first joined cumulus, he was eking out 3 live hours, then slipped back into his old ways.  The fake third hours are more artfully faked now, though, it seems to me from the few times I've listened that long.

yumyumtree

Did a caller actually posit a theory that Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are secret Cuban agents? That's a new one. Doesn't Bob Menendez fit in there somewhere, too? He opposed Obama on Cuba.

I couldn't get over these  women calling  up expressing concern about Hulet's safety.  With all due respect, I don't think that the Clintons or whomever they're worried about consider him important enough to come after.  This one woman sounded like she was in love with him or something.  He hates Dick Cheney so much, it makes me think there must be something personal, like his cousin was fired by Halliburton or something.

Wasn't Hulet the one who referred to bodies of war dead from Iraq and Afghanistan as "carcasses" a few months ago?  I'm not sure if it was him, but it pissed me off.

I haven't even heard of these radio shows he brags about being on, or the hosts.

136 or 142

One of the 'best' Noory Coast shows recently was the show that he did about the Beanie Babies (or whatever toy it was).

It reminded me of this SNL skit from the original cast days (the only good SNL) that featured Dan Akroyd and Jane "you ignorant slut" Curtain.

What I like most about this skit is that every problem with real toys the horrible toy maker ("bag of glass") mentions has come to pass at least once (not that I like that that happened).

https://youtu.be/L3dq9dxEf2c

For people in the United States, there are better versions of this skit available, including on the NBC website.

Edit:
Sorry, that's not Jane "you ignorant slut" Curtain, that's Candice Bergan.

UFQuack

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 17, 2015, 11:16:03 AM
Also, if you do a closeup on him, you'll see the entire black section (ie/ his chest and belly) has been blocked out and painted over with a monotone black rectangle.  They even chopped off his fingers and belt line, and you can see the edges of the rectangle all around if you look closely.  I'm sure some, um, compression has taken place as well.

Wow, good catch! I had even used the picture before for a joke in the photoshop thread and I didn't notice that until you mentioned, that was on my old monitor--not as accurate as the newer one I have now. I see it quite easily now. I'm surprised they would have allowed for such an oversight in releasing the ad. Now I believe that makes them even more snake-oil salesman-ish!

Lisa Garr and Ross Mitchell should co-host when Knapp isn't on weekends.  The best male and female voices currently on radio in one show.  I'm not sure if my ears could handle that much goodness radiating from my stereo speakers.

Izintit?

-GNS
Maybe AFTER his L.A. makeover-before he looked like he ran a booth at the Moroccan bazaar. GNSST

UFQuack

Gives me an idea...

Noory's Gaming Shirt:

After looking at it closer I don't know--that "black box" on the shirt (orig pic) is bizarre, I can see folds there on the shirt in front of his fingers after all. It almost looks like they used a cardboard insert under his shirt.

albrecht

Quote from: Izintit? on April 17, 2015, 04:55:01 PM
Maybe AFTER his L.A. makeover-before he looked like he ran a booth at the Moroccan bazaar. GNSST
I know. I think I've bought a Persian rug from him a few years ago. By the way with Hulet Norry pronounced the Islamic group in Kenya "Boko HAREM." When he did so I wondered if Norry was reminiscing on his old restaurant themes.

Izintit?

Quote from: albrecht on April 17, 2015, 05:21:12 PM
I know. I think I've bought a Persian rug from him a few years ago. By the way with Hulet Norry pronounced the Islamic group in Kenya "Boko HAREM." When he did so I wondered if Norry was reminiscing on his old restaurant themes.
"Boko Harem" is true Noory. I kinda wish I heard that. In a couple of weeks he`ll be calling them Procul Harum.

zeebo

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 17, 2015, 04:52:58 PM
Lisa Garr and Ross Mitchell should co-host when Knapp isn't on weekends.  The best male and female voices currently on radio in one show.  I'm not sure if my ears could handle that much goodness radiating from my stereo speakers.

I agree that Ms. Garr's voice is wonderful, but I've been underwhelmed by her shows so far.  She's got one on this Sat. I might check out.

michio

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 17, 2015, 11:04:33 AM
That last guest was pukeariffic. I only listened to about half a segment when Noory started getting all full of himself about "journalistic integrity" I had to turn it off.

What's worse than incompetent Noory, an incompetent Noory who seems himself way too serious. He can't really believe that. He's not that delusional. Is he?

When I heard sNoory mention his "journalistic integrity" and how he ponders whether he should release "da trut" as "we weigh, as broadcasters, every story, Gary, that we investigate or comes across our desk," I projectile hurled, as well.  What a load of sh!t! He's such a fake schmuck.  One day he's lying with impunity as he maliciously labels respected and credible climate scientists as hoaxers (or acts as a megaphone to spread myths about vaccines with detrimental public health effects), but the next day he's happily talking himself up to be the second coming of Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow combined into a conjoined newsmen.  He wants the truth, all right, HIS "truth" and only HIS "truth."

The guy's ego is out of this world planet. The writer/guest Grossman (an appropriate name for the circumstance) didn't help much when he was ego-stroking Bad Mustache and jumping on his back, as he wanted to 'take a ride' on sNoory's dirty coattails to sell his books that contained in its text....wait for it....sNoory.  :o

Is he that delusional?  I think he's a narcissist/sociopath who puts himself at the center of everything, just as he has wrongly done with C2CAM (R.I.P) - 'The George Noory Show.' Is he a snake oil salesman who is willing to sell his soul to the devil to get what he wants, even if what he sells and promotes as "the truth" is harmful to the public and blatant misinformation? Absolutely yes, I'm convinced of it. He's not a foolish child who doesn't know better, but he routinely acts like one who won't take responsibility for his words and actions.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: albrecht on April 17, 2015, 05:21:12 PM

I'm surprised he didn't refer to them as Harum Scarum since he claims to be a big Elvis fan.

I always thought that Snoory reminded me of a MOVIE star, then it hit me...

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: michio on April 17, 2015, 08:48:17 PM
When I heard sNoory mention his "journalistic integrity" and how he ponders whether he should release "da trut" as "we weigh, as broadcasters, every story, Gary, that we investigate or comes across our desk," I projectile hurled, as well.  What a load of sh!t! He's such a fake schmuck.  One day he's lying with impunity as he maliciously labels respected and credible climate scientists as hoaxers (or acts as a megaphone to spread myths about vaccines with detrimental public health effects), but the next day he's happily talking himself up to be the second coming of Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow combined into a conjoined newsmen.  He wants the truth, all right, HIS "truth" and only HIS "truth."

The guy's ego is out of this world planet. The writer/guest Grossman (an appropriate name for the circumstance) didn't help much when he was ego-stroking Bad Mustache and jumping on his back, as he wanted to 'take a ride' on sNoory's dirty coattails to sell his books that contained in its text....wait for it....sNoory.  :o

Is he that delusional?  I think he's a narcissist/sociopath who puts himself at the center of everything, just as he has wrongly done with C2CAM (R.I.P) - 'The George Noory Show.' Is he a snake oil salesman who is willing to sell his soul to the devil to get what he wants, even if what he sells and promotes as "the truth" is harmful to the public and blatant misinformation? Absolutely yes, I'm convinced of it. He's not a foolish child who doesn't know better, but he routinely acts like one who won't take responsibility for his words and actions.

All great points, Michio. The notion that he carefully evaluates the credibility of the quacks and cat ladies and fake mediums who populate Coast was laughable and infuriating.
Increasingly, he has a small collection of pet theories that he doesn't question or modify or challenge in his own mind, but seeks approbation and reassurance for them at every opportunity. So when he says to Chris Impey 'and after the break I want to discuss the Big Bang', you know what he means is 'I want you to back me up when I say that I don't get the Big Bang'. You notice that he keeps trotting out the 'couple of physicists' who have recently questioned it as though this is proof positive that the Big Bang didn't happen. The arrogance is 'I, George Noory, have a hard time understanding the Big Bang, therefore the Big Bang didn't happen'. Similarly, his insistence on some sort of divine creator which he will call God lands him in an undefined comfort zone of mysticism. Impey patiently laid out his (and by extension, science's) position that the Big Bang doesn't claim to know what happened prior to the BB, or what caused it, or what the nature of the BB was, but that the theory explains various observable phenomena such as expansion, background hiss etc. He also said that he didn't think the BB would be the last word on everything and that it was right that a new generation of scientists would be re-examining the theory, but in the meantime he thinks it's the best working model we have. But simpleton Noory can't operate in shades of grey: everything has to be a yes or no, right or wrong, good or evil scenario. He quickly moved on to inanities like 'Have you ever met Stephen Hawking?'

Quote from: Liam the runner on April 17, 2015, 09:44:38 PM
I always thought that Snoory reminded me of a MOVIE star, then it hit me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv8tVxk6Nj4

Heh heh. Moroni is eloquence personified compared to Jorch.

George Noory Sucks (Prairie Oysters That Are Still Attached)

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on April 17, 2015, 10:52:07 PM
...Impey patiently laid out his (and by extension, science's) position that the Big Bang [Theory] doesn't claim to know what happened prior to the BB, or what caused it, or what the nature of the BB was, but that the theory explains various observable phenomena such as expansion, background hiss etc. He also said that he didn't think the BB would be the last word on everything and that it was right that a new generation of scientists would be re-examining the theory, but in the meantime he thinks it's the best working model we have...

George, please review this so you can display a modicum of intellect during your next interview that falls into the space / science / physics section of your cue card recipe box, unless you enjoy the thought of continuing to take calls from the human two-speed transmissions who have become your target audience.

"A very interesting report...."

This guy has the same stories over and over. Why does he keep getting air time? What a waste of everyone's time. And worse - boring.

coaster

This guest gets fucked up with his buddies at a party and they make a ouija board and talk to Jesus, who sees their underwear. yawn, next guest please.

NoMoreNoory

With reference to my earlier post regarding Joorch's introductions to his guests: what is it with him and universities? This time, we had:
'....playwright, screen writer, NYU Faculty, Jeffrey Stanley........'
Someone needs to explain to Joorch that an individual cannot be a university.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 17, 2015, 11:05:16 PM
George, please review this so you can display a modicum of intellect during your next interview that falls into the space / science / physics section of your cue card recipe box...

I think the most dog-eared cue card must be "Will we ever get all the answers?".  I mean, what a pointless question.  How can anyone ever know that without actually knowing the answers?  The dude's concept of the cosmos is limited to those little glow-in-the-dark stars you stick on your ceiling.

NoMoreNoory

Jimi Hendrix: 'one heck of a guitar player' -George Noory.
So now you know.

Dateline

Those que cards are twelve years old. . 

Jorch is a fan of the science show Into the Wormhole. He's starting his own junk-science version called Into The Bunghole. It'll be a like a bunch of Netflix. A TV show that isn't broadcast on TV. Can't wait.

karios8

-GNS

Dr. Mario, Metal Mario, Noory Mario

zeebo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on April 17, 2015, 11:26:25 PM
Jimi Hendrix: 'one heck of a guitar player' -George Noory.
So now you know.

George's insights run deep. 

Rico999

The piece of ratmeat that's the host of this program LEADS his fucked up "news" segment with yet another story about some poor little kid getting shot in the face.

I tell you, this guy Noory is one sick son of a bitch. 

That's his show prep:  He scans the wire for stories of little kids getting jacked up in the worst possible way. 

GNS!