• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 02, 2015, 02:59:24 PM
The suck returns tonight. Be ready.

He's relaxed, he's rested, and he's ready to suck.

Oh . . . and he even bought new wig tape to hold down the fort.

basswood

Is it just me, or did the "Coast to AM Coast" website redesign become a Large Print edition?

Quote from: basswood on March 02, 2015, 04:06:10 PM
Is it just me, or did the "Coast to AM Coast" website redesign become a Large Print edition?

First rule of broadcasting:  know your audience.

But seriously, I don't see it.

bateman

It does kind of look designed for Jitterbug phone users...

Nick el Ass

Funny. I think the Coast is Toast website is slowly morphing into Art's Dark Matter website, hehe.

Morgus

I noticed the link to list of hosts is gone now on the new c2cam website format.
Noory's photoshopped big head is still on top of the page though... :o

albrecht

Yes, my local newspaper's website also made this change for some damn reason. Larger print and a tile-like outlay. I think some brainiac told them that this "style" is more conducive for tablet viewing or viewing on smart-phones- but to me it looks worse and is going down this path for less content, less words, and more graphics which is dumbing down society. I note also the "social media" stuff is much more prominent in keeping with Norry's (and sad to say other people's) idea that if you have virtual "friends" and "followers" you are important or something. My gut tells me that they are trying to ramp-up "followers" and "friends" on social media so that they can say to advertisers who question them on falling listeners "look how many social media friends we have, that is the new measure of popularity etc."
-GNS

Quote from: Morgus on March 02, 2015, 05:06:53 PM
I noticed the link to list of hosts is gone now on the new c2cam website format.

George, 'Jorch'd' (tm) himself...d'oh!

{"Jorch'd" -is a trademarked word owned, typed and operated by boba FETT & TheeArtVandalay Industry INC.}

Dateline

It is marked for the dumbed-down demographic that the new audience is.

No content, lots of pictures and symbols, more suck, I just don't care for it.

"Crime reporter and sports writer for nearly 35 years for the Toronto Star, Bob Mitchell, will discuss harrowing stories of alien abduction and visitation, including encounters with Greys, Mantids, Shadow People and Troll-like entities."

It's nice that the "troll" in "Troll-like entities (sic)" is capitalized. 

And it isn't because Jorch wanted to show respect to trolls.  No, no, no.

It's because some dingbat didn't know any better.

Love the new look at the website, Jorch.  Your wig's prominence really adds to the otherworldly effect.

coaster

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 02, 2015, 07:04:41 PM

Love the new look at the website, Jorch. 
I like it. Still cluttered but it looks better.

Tomorrow night:

"George Noory hosts a panel of experts on the Middle East and terrorism for a roundtable discussion on the history of ISIS, and the threat they pose to the U.S. and Western civilization. "

Upcoming shows:

"George Noory hosts a panel of international Nobel Prize-winning authors.  George will discuss his study of bone imagery in the poetry of John Donne."

"George Noory hosts a panel of world-renowned genetic researchers.  George will discuss mitochondrial diseases and the latest research into their causes."

"George Noory hosts a panel of NASA engineers.  George will discuss his ideas about future unmanned space probes and current NASA budgeting issues."

"George Noory finally confesses that he doesn't really know a damn thing about science nor culture nor geopolitics and that probably no single ignoramus in the history of the world has ever reached as many listeners as he has.  But he does know that there is more firepower in his smartphone than there was in the Apollo moon mission."

coaster

Quote from: coaster on March 02, 2015, 07:07:56 PM
I like it. Still cluttered but it looks better.

Hmmmmmmm.... Now what website have I seem that setup on recently....

coaster

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 02, 2015, 08:04:24 PM

Hmmmmmmm.... Now what website have I seem that setup on recently....
I was mainly talking about the header. I design sites on the side. Its the same old template they have been using. It just looks "better".

qaddisin

I'm gonna party like it's 1999...

/But srsly. It would be great if someone got through to C2C tonight and told the world about his 2000 pages of suck.

pyewacket

Quote from: Morgus on March 02, 2015, 05:06:53 PM

I checked it out expecting to see GN's picture at the top of the page but it was not there! Maybe it's being blocked but I'd say it's a great improvement!  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: pyewacket on March 02, 2015, 08:17:15 PM
I checked it out expecting to see GN's picture at the top of the page but it was not there! Maybe it's being blocked but I'd say it's a great improvement!  ;)
Are you accessing the page on a school's computer or do you have child protection software like Net Nanny installed on your computer? That could be blocking his image.
-GNS

pyewacket

Quote from: albrecht on March 02, 2015, 08:24:38 PM
Are you accessing the page on a school's computer or do you have child protection software like Net Nanny installed on your computer? That could be blocking his image.
-GNS

I think it's an ad blocker- works for me! Maybe his picture is attached to something that reads as an advertisement.

Quote from: pyewacket on March 02, 2015, 08:33:10 PM
I think it's an ad blocker- works for me! Maybe his picture is attached to something that reads as an advertisement.

You may be using an anti-wig software called Toupée Toggle.

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 02, 2015, 08:40:57 PM

Haha! Dave, that rug though...

Morgus

Quote from: pyewacket on March 02, 2015, 08:17:15 PM
I checked it out expecting to see GN's picture at the top of the page but it was not there!

Here is what the top of the new c2c website home page looks like now for ya:

pyewacket

Or maybe Super Tash Extra Strength Wax for unruly facial hair. 

pyewacket

Quote from: Morgus on March 02, 2015, 08:49:05 PM
Here is what the top of the new c2c website home page looks like now for ya:

Nope! Mine's a thick grey bar with a button to the left to show a list of sections. I'll keep it this way.  ;)

I laughed so hard at this my cat leapt off the couch and out of the room.

Dateline

Coast has become like our government, rule through executive action with no input from the representatives.  They changed the website entirely without getting any feedback from the audience.  We have to accept what they throw at us.

Last time there was a major website change the asked for input and had a beta version.  It was much more democratic.  Where is that outlook?  Oh, I forgot they got bit by the Bama bug. 

Now is not ask how we do, it is do as I say.

coaster

Quote from: Dateline on March 02, 2015, 09:26:43 PM
Coast has become like our government, rule through executive action with no input from the representatives.  They changed the website entirely without getting any feedback from the audience.  We have to accept what they throw at us.

Thats every business ever ran really.

Quote from: jcoscarmorgus on March 02, 2015, 09:23:23 PM
morgus jc should debate each other
instead of these boring guests

I'd like to hear jorchie debate ANYONE on the air.  Unfortunately thats impossible because he would have to both form and then articulate a position on an issue rather than just not listening to and agreeing with his guest