• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

goldendeal

What the hell is gay deja vu?? Jorch just said, gay deja vu.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 27, 2015, 02:57:55 AM
George:  "There's gotta be somethin' out there!"

Guest:  "There are certainly some things out there."

;D

Of course, who could live without George's bookstore question?

"Where can we find your book?"

Sophisticated tech guys involved with writing about artificial intelligence are being asked by a moron where to find books.

Explorers visiting the inside of George Noory's skull:

1st Explorer:  "Well, there's got to be something in here.

2nd Explorer:  "I don't think so.  We've looked everywhere."

1st Explorer:  "Let's look around some more."

2nd Explorer:  "What's that noise?"

1st Explorer:  "Hey . . . look over there!  It's a little hamster running in his exercise wheel."

zeebo

"What is, to date, the most exciting aspect of all this?"

I mean c'mon, he's not even trying.

Quote from: zeebo on January 27, 2015, 02:35:07 AM
... what a friggin lazy-ass, with no respect for his guests to even do the slightest bit of interview prep, and more importantly this Snooron Fool has friggin zero intellectual curiosity...

Well yeah, but he has a system

zeebo

Friggin Noory, he's so lazy he loves having two guests so he can ask them *both* the same stupid question.   He's really grating on my nerves tonite. 

George Noory:  "What's the downside of all this?"

All this.

George sounds so stupid because his question could have applied to nearly everything.  He could have been asking about remote-controlled cocktail shakers. 

No matter.  "What's the downside to all this?"

The verdict on tonight's show:

I think we found out there's nothing out there.

zeebo

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on January 27, 2015, 03:30:08 AM
....All this.

Ugh, my most hated Noory term!  Used every nite as in:

"Where's all this headed?"
"What's the most important part of all this?"
"What might affect all this?"

It allows him to make an utterly vague question about something he's never even bothered to define or explain in the first place. 

Quote from: zeebo on January 27, 2015, 03:38:39 AM
Ugh, my most hated Noory term!  Used every nite as in:

"Where's all this headed?"
"What's the most important part of all this?"
"What might affect all this?"

It allows him to make an utterly vague question about something he's never even bothered to define or explain or explore.

That's exactly right.  He shows an incredible lack of respect toward his guests by calling their hard work "all this."

He also reveals his intense lack of curiosity in it.

Quote from: zeebo on January 27, 2015, 03:23:39 AM
Friggin Noory, he's so lazy he loves having two guests so he can ask them *both* the same stupid question.   He's really grating on my nerves tonite.

That's the trouble with a three day Noory-free long weekend.  The first day back is always such a let down.

zeebo

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on January 27, 2015, 03:41:06 AM
...He also reveals his intense lack of curiosity in it.

Yeah like tonite, I don't think he even asked them about what transhumanism is about, he just launched right into generic cliche questions like "Is there a downside to computers?"

Verdict on George's impersonation of HAL the computer in "2001:"

Not as good as your average gifted five-year-old's.

In fact, it was dreadful.

But, praise the Lord, the self-described born-again Christian caller loved it.

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on January 27, 2015, 03:47:26 AM
Verdict on George's impersonation of HAL the computer in "2001:"

Not as good as your average gifted five-year-old's.

In fact, it was dreadful.

But the self-described, born-again Christian caller loved it.

He said George was creeping him out. I can go along with that.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 27, 2015, 03:43:25 AM
That's the trouble with a three day Noory-free long weekend.  The first day back is always such a let down.

You're right ... I'm so irritated tonite.  I must have lost my tolerance over the long weekend.

I'm glad Rachel in North Carolina brought up the Book of Revelations.

No show would be complete without it.

The two tech authors, of course, left it completely alone.

pyewacket

I simply cannot listen to George anymore!!! I've tried tuning into the show and as soon as I hear George- I shut it off. I blame PR for keeping him on the air.

How could transhumanism not be an interesting subject... let George conduct the interview. It reinforces the impression that George reads very little about these topics and only asks rudimentary, vague questions to hide it. There are many articles written about the affects of too many high tech devices on childhood development and why parents should not expose the very young to them. Another question could address the security problems with everything being connected- homes, accounts, medical files, and on and on. I don't think George could come up with any real questions if he fell into a pile of them. GNS!!!! Plus, I just read an article about bots that were given a bitcoin allowance to make purchases online and started buying illegal items. I'll try to find the link. What about the scientists who are alarmed about the dangers of computers becoming smarter than humans- how they are learning by social networks on the computer? GNS!!!

pyewacket

Bots' darknet shopping spree- who gets jailed for the crime? Not the same article but it does show some possibilities for abuse of this technology.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/05/software-bot-darknet-shopping-spree-random-shopper

Who

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2015, 09:41:46 AM
I simply cannot listen to George anymore!!! I've tried tuning into the show and as soon as I hear George- I shut it off. I blame PR for keeping him on the air.

How could transhumanism not be an interesting subject... let George conduct the interview. It reinforces the impression that George reads very little about these topics and only asks rudimentary, vague questions to hide it.

Art summed it up very nicely when he said George "has become lazy and does not pay attention." 
https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716/posts/545558225492301

The Coast producers can schedule the most fascinating topics and guests - and then George will drive the whole thing into a ditch.

ItsOver

I simply cannot listen to George anymore!!! I've tried tuning into the show and as soon as I hear George- I shut it off. I blame PR for keeping him on the air...
The radio goes to off if Jorch is on.  I'd rather stare at the ceiling than listen to Jorch.

And 'ol Jorch gets to cap off Super Bowl Sunday with his Super Suck Sunday.  :P  Happy Feb!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: goldendeal on January 27, 2015, 02:58:01 AM
What the hell is gay deja vu?? Jorch just said, gay deja vu.

It's like regular deja vu, just more fabulous!

pyewacket

I'm having a hard time understanding how or why PR would renew George's contract for an additional 10 years. Is this common in media? How do they know that the show will last that long? Don't media people, other than the biggest personalities out there, have to prove their worth to stay on air? This is a huge assumption that the audience will stay consistent and grow when it appears that their numbers are shrinking. Reality TV is waning - people are getting sick of them and all the copy cat shows they spawned. What makes them think that people aren't getting sick of C2C? Are they planning on George leading his listeners over to his internet "TV" show? Does anyone know what those numbers are or where they are listed? Do they really have this much contempt for the audience? Someone had mentioned that a dumbed down audience is better for business and they might be right about that.

wr250

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2015, 11:26:35 AM
I'm having a hard time understanding how or why PR would renew George's contract for an additional 10 years.

well clearchannel (premiers parent company) owns a ton of stations. almost all of which carry noory2noory am. its cheaper to pay noory to do the show, than to drop the show and pay local talent, or even a few hosts to fill in the time; or perhaps pay royalties to daytime hosts to rerun their shows at night.

pyewacket

Quote from: wr250 on January 27, 2015, 11:32:07 AM
well clearchannel (premiers parent company) owns a ton of stations. almost all of which carry noory2noory am. its cheaper to pay noory to do the show, than to drop the show and pay local talent, or even a few hosts to fill in the time; or perhaps pay royalties to daytime hosts to rerun their shows at night.

Thanks, wr250- you've probably given this explanation before and it makes sense. It's just junk filler.

albrecht

Geez, as Norry might say, the sniper guest is really allowing Norry to go full ghoul in his questions and speculations about shooting children to the mental problems often faced by returning troops. And he handles things like PTSD and substance abuse with such non-nonchalance and quickly goes back to the subject that he clearly is interested in....the details of the killing and thoughts about killing children.
-GNS

ItsOver

Quote from: pyewacket on January 27, 2015, 12:00:44 PM
Thanks, wr250- you've probably given this explanation before and it makes sense. It's just junk filler.
Just think of "The Jorch Show" as an infomercial.  I mean disinfomercial.  A really sucky one.  Jorch is just the stupid dead air between commercials.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 27, 2015, 12:25:09 AM
George doesn't remember 'Don't fear the reaper' so I guess he won't get this joke:

I was AMAZED by this because he plays that bumper ALL THE TIME. Wow does this show how unfocused he is during his own show.

I just did a quick search of C2C shows hosted by Noory in the past couple of years and when they played this song as bumper. Here the list I did very quickly

Oct 31/14 -Ghosttoghost, Oct  28, Aug 5, Apr 23/ 14.  Oct 31/13-Ghosttoghost, Oct 18, Oct 15, Jun 25, Apr 24, Feb27 /13

These are just a quick search of Noory shows, I would guess there's more. I am not even including other C2C hosts who have also used that song a lot. It really shows how out of tune to his own program.

zeebo

....How could transhumanism not be an interesting subject... let George conduct the interview.

Nailed it pyewacket!  This sums up all my ranting last nite. 

You've got this great, broad topic, involving cutting-edge technologies - AI/robotics/genetics/nanotech/etc - and how their interconnections meet to create possible new futures for humanity.  So many questions arise involving how these changes could affect our lives, future opportunities, medicine, religion, ethical issues, etc. 

With any average host the problem would be running out of time for all the various paths to explore.  With George, having done zero show prep as usual, and having zero curiosity about the topic, he was already fumbling around with generic filler questions within the first few minutes. 

I wish these guests would come back on with Knapp or Schrader (or Art obviously) - or anyone with half a brain and some respect for the topic who'll get off their lazy ass to maybe thumb through the guests' book for five minutes to get some decent questions.

(bateman ... if you read this, please consider having these guys on dark city sometime - they deserve better treatment than they got last nite with noory and has the makings of a good show)