• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

WOTR

Quote from: coaster on December 17, 2014, 02:51:38 AM
He was interviewing a pastor once and asked "I take it you are not a believer in Heaven and Hell" and the guy said "yes I am a Christian pastor." How did he not know that? That was the reason he was interviewing the guy.
That must have been one of the nights where he only did three hours of show prep.

nextgen.fm

hang in there George

almost over, then off to the gas station!

WOTR

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 17, 2014, 02:14:16 AM
George:  "How did you get involved with being an awakening coach?"

When it's the FIRST question...
I walked into the kitchen just in time to hear the answer and then had to turn it off.  The poor guy figures that he went through more suffering than the average person because he was born to intellectual parents after the war.  WOW, how did he ever survive the pain?

I grew up in a "punk" circle and as such did know a number of kids with major problems (abuse, prostitution, etc). Whenever one of them would say something about their problems one girl would promptly break into tears because her father was out of town (again) working.  Yup, two loving parents, big house, dad in the oil industry and because he was out of town it was suffering that trumped sexual abuse (or anything else.)

I suppose the guy may have suffered greatly- but when he hit his teens and it was "either fix himself or kill himself" because he realized that his family was not perfect when he reflected on it I was reminded of the girl whose father sometimes had to travel for work.

Good night Jorch, and good night jackass...

Nebraska888

We "haters" got a big mention on tonight's program.   ;)

I guess George doesn't realize that some of us work 50 to 60 hours a week and don't have time to just sit at the computer and bitch about him.  When we do take the time to type commentary about his less than lack luster performances, it is our hope that Premiere will DO SOMETHING.  Schrader, Syrett, and Knapp.....plus a couple of others, would be more than adequate solutions.

And, finally, the butt-kissing that went on tonight made me sick.  George was in heaven.   :P

In a sort-of-related note to the JFK/RFK/MLK/Malcom X assassinations and the CIA and drugs from Laos, here is an article from 1997 about one of the attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro.

------
"Not Just Another Federal Contractor
The CIA offered $150,000 to assassinate Fidel Castro in the early 1960s, but the mafia insisted on taking the job for free, according to a newly declassified document."
------
Castro Assassination, Idaho Spokesman-Review 1997 Article

Juan Cena

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 17, 2014, 06:16:21 AM
In a sort-of-related note to the JFK/RFK/MLK/Malcom X assassinations and the CIA and drugs from Laos, here is an article from 1997 about one of the attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro.

------
"Not Just Another Federal Contractor
The CIA offered $150,000 to assassinate Fidel Castro in the early 1960s, but the mafia insisted on taking the job for free, according to a newly declassified document."
------
Castro Assassination, Idaho Spokesman-Review 1997 Article

This is exactly why I don't fear the CIA

expat

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 17, 2014, 05:30:39 AM
We "haters" got a big mention on tonight's program. 

Yeah, "You can't reach those people." Sure you can George -- even you did it for a while.

Last night: I heard the words "quantum consciousness" and my hand flew to the channel change button. Jesus Christ on a bike....

laserjock

I wonder...

Has the noorch read our thoughts lately, is he AWARE of the amount of disgust and contempt so many feel towards him?  Maybe he does know, and it's giving him a complex and it's further affecting his performance?  I deal with anxiety, so had I seen so much hostile talk as we all post here, I don't know if I could even face the world.  Without being flat out mean, George, honestly, you aren't doing a good job and you should retire, holding on as you are doing is kind of an insult to the fans of the former good show.  Your politics, your lack of preparation, your lack of engagement, your inability to extemporaneously work well has made people disgusted.  I'm sorry if this hurts, but there are many of us that don't think you are qualified to continue to do the show, for the good of America, why not retire, you've got the money, don't you?  Or have you blown it all like an idiot?

Many of you lambast you, but really it's not the simple desire to be mean, it's just that, honestly, you aren't doing the job.  That's all, George, it's time to quit.  Just let go.  Sorry if this hurts, but right now, you are hurting the audience and we're lashing out.  If you want to make amends and start anew, a first step would be to retract your insane stance on children getting innoculations, you've literally killed children telling listeners to not get them for their babies, and in my opinion, that makes you a bastard.  Sorry to be mean, but you are a mean person, so I'm only dishing back out what you've been giving.  Just quit.

pyewacket

Quote from: laserjock on December 17, 2014, 10:43:26 AM
I wonder...

Has the noorch read our thoughts lately, is he AWARE of the amount of disgust and contempt so many feel towards him?  Maybe he does know, and it's giving him a complex and it's further affecting his performance?  I deal with anxiety, so had I seen so much hostile talk as we all post here, I don't know if I could even face the world.  Without being flat out mean, George, honestly, you aren't doing a good job and you should retire, holding on as you are doing is kind of an insult to the fans of the former good show.  Your politics, your lack of preparation, your lack of engagement, your inability to extemporaneously work well has made people disgusted.  I'm sorry if this hurts, but there are many of us that don't think you are qualified to continue to do the show, for the good of America, why not retire, you've got the money, don't you?  Or have you blown it all like an idiot?

Many of you lambast you, but really it's not the simple desire to be mean, it's just that, honestly, you aren't doing the job.  That's all, George, it's time to quit.  Just let go.  Sorry if this hurts, but right now, you are hurting the audience and we're lashing out.  If you want to make amends and start anew, a first step would be to retract your insane stance on children getting innoculations, you've literally killed children telling listeners to not get them for their babies, and in my opinion, that makes you a bastard.  Sorry to be mean, but you are a mean person, so I'm only dishing back out what you've been giving.  Just quit.

Thank you, laserjock. I had posted something that was over the top in ridicule and removed it. I don't want to be too nasty. I agree with you. I used to like George years ago, but he has changed and I wish he would retire, too. I'm not being a "hater"- I wish him the best of luck in his other pursuits. I just don't think his heart is in C2C.

albrecht

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 17, 2014, 01:33:04 AM
And I seem to remember he claimed to have read that about ten years before it was published.
Chariot of the Gods was published, in German, in 1968. And I think an English version didn't come out for several more years. Not exactly sure when. Norry was born in 1950. So either he was a VERY late reader or a liar. Or very confused, drunk, or mental. Maybe all of the above?
-GNS

laserjock

While for many of us, including me, we've been entertaining ourselves lambasting him, what we are feeling is genuine frustration over the guy.  It's one thing to rag on someone in jest, but it's another to be so disgusted with someone's lack of work ethic and lack of common sense and intellect that it has lead to real anger.  George might think we are just joshing, but we AREN'T, he really IS doing a horrid job.  He continuously makes ignorant statements that reveal his lack of knowledge and preparation, he sounds drugged or drunk, he cuts off callers and fails to engage guests, callers, and the audience to an extent that makes him the literal opposite of Art Bell.  His poor attitude and inane politics.  His willingness to lie and BS the audience with some of his statements.  His inability to challenge less credible guests while at the same time keeping us interested and keep the guest from leaving off, it's just all crap.  My insider account has ended and I just don't listen any longer unless you guys here give a heads up for a reason to listen.

George is like a bad cold, it's painful and frustrating and affects day to day life in a negative way that we just want the misery to end.  We all must face it, we're pining for Art Bell, and it's no longer just because Art is good at it, but that George is just terrible, worse than when he first started, though he never did have the skills.  Now, I deal with anxiety as a medical condition, so I know how it feels, but sometimes when we suck at something, we need to face the facts and move on with our lives.  Not everyone can be a hero on the job.  I daresay I could do a better job and if I were called upon to do the show, I'd be a deer in headlights, yet even I'D be better than George Noory.

George, how about making a deal with us:

IF you failed to save for retirement, agree to continue to do the show for another year and save every penny while premrat finds a replacement, bargain for a buy out of your contract, and just retire.  Stop being so cruel to the fans of the show, you are being selfish and acting like a jerk, George.  And, George, while you are at it, lose the freaking wig and hair dye and 70's mustache.  And privately apologize to Art Bell, you owe him that.  And -please- undo all the damage you've done as you prepare to leave.

... does know... and it's further affecting his performance?...

I've wondered about that

Quote from: albrecht on December 17, 2014, 11:08:12 AM
Chariot of the Gods was published, in German, in 1968. And I think an English version didn't come out for several more years. Not exactly sure when. Norry was born in 1950. So either he was a VERY late reader or a liar. Or very confused, drunk, or mental. Maybe all of the above?
-GNS

He claimed to have 'devoured' the book as a 'young boy'.  So we figured he must be claiming to have read in no later than the early 1960s

So basically he hasn't even read that

Quote from: laserjock on December 17, 2014, 11:19:52 AM
While for many of us, including me, we've been entertaining ourselves lambasting him...

That has def taken on a life of it's own.  I think people see how dumb and lazy he is, how he refuses to even try to change that, and think he deserves what he gets.  And he just begs to be satirized and made sport of.

Quote from: laserjock on December 17, 2014, 11:19:52 AM
... George is just terrible, worse than when he first started, though he never did have the skills...  I daresay I could do a better job and if I were called upon to do the show...

10 plus years into the job and he still doesn't even have the basic skills or put in the effort - anyone can do show prep, anyone can say 'tell me more about that', anyone can sharpen conversation skills rather than just read random questions off of a list, anyone can listen to guests and callers and interact with them instead of whatever it is George is doing when they are talking. 

It's just that George isn't interested in anything - not in the world around him, not in the topics of his show, not in guests or callers - I wonder what he is interested in, other than being famous and having money

Someone else who deserves an entire website devoted to his suckage is ESPN College Football analyst and former coach Lou Holtz.  I can't watch game day highlights because of him.

But at least that's only from September thru November, and he didn't replace an epic sportscaster and show.

laserjock

Indeed, he is not engaged in this.  He's being selfish insisting on holding on.  Sometimes holding on for the fight is honorable, but not in this case.

Nebraska888

I wonder...

Very well said. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 17, 2014, 11:44:11 AM
That has def taken on a life of it's own.  I think people see how dumb and lazy he is, how he refuses to even try to change that, and think he deserves what he gets.  And he just begs to be satirized and made sport of.

10 plus years into the job and he still doesn't even have the basic skills or put in the effort - anyone can do show prep, anyone can say 'tell me more about that', anyone can sharpen conversation skills rather than just read random questions off of a list, anyone can listen to guests and callers and interact with them instead of whatever it is George is doing when they are talking. 

It's just that George isn't interested in anything - not in the world around him, not in the topics of his show, not in guests or callers - I wonder what he is interested in, other than being famous and having money

Also, well said!

coaster

We "haters" got a big mention on tonight's program. 

Its easy to shrug off legitimate criticism by calling someone a "hater", but in reality all it does is show you are lazy, scared of criticism, and unwilling to change.  All you did was prove our point George. Well done...

Nebraska888

Quote from: coaster on December 17, 2014, 02:12:02 PM
Its easy to shrug off legitimate criticism by calling someone a "hater", but in reality all it does is show you are lazy, scared of criticism, and unwilling to change.  All you did was prove our point George. Well done...

AMEN.

We "haters" got a big mention on tonight's program.   ;)

What'd he say?

I left the awakening coach at his own 10-yard line.

Haters?

Who hates laughing?

Nebraska888

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 17, 2014, 02:52:12 PM

What'd he say?

I left the awakening coach at his own 10-yard line.

Haters?

Who hates laughing?

I will paraphrase some of his comments:

*  We have no lives.

*  We sit at our computers ALL DAY AND NIGHT.

*  We will never change.

*  We are negative, hateful people.

*  He has chosen to ignore us.

ItsOver

Sorry, but Noory always has and always will think anybody who criticizes him is a "hater."  It's his nature.  He's a self-serving egotistic narcissist and possibly a pathological liar.  As long as he's got the limelight and is making money, the only people he cares about pleasing are his PremRat masters.  He must be doing a good job at that since he's still on the air.  I believe he rationalizes by telling himself he must be good since he, unfortunately, IS still on the air, after all these years.  If nothing else, he's laughing all the way to the bank.  "Take that, Haterz!"  ::)

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 17, 2014, 03:19:39 PM

*  We have no lives.

*  We will never change.

It's George's way of giving us a shout out

Does Jorch think that people just woke up one day and decided to be "haterz"? There's a reason Jorch inspires so much vitriol in people. It's because he's a lazy, incompetent, smug, dangerously stupid twit who shouldn't be getting paid big bucks to host a show like Coast. The fact is he is someone who has no intellectual curiosity whatsoever, and never tries to learn more than the bog-standard basics of his given field, but gets to keep taking home a big paycheck, and it just irks the crap out of people.

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 17, 2014, 03:19:39 PM

*  We have no lives.

*  We will never change.

Huh?

*  We have no lives.

How would he know?  George has enough problems on his hands with speaking coherent, non-laughable English -- forget trying to be a psychic.  In any case, as long as there is a George Noory on the air, there will be a life somewhere.  Because comedy is life.  I should know.  I'm a comedy coach.  I'm a comedy awakening life coach with a really big silver whistle on a white string around my neck.  "Now get down on that ground and give me 50 laughs."

What?  I know I do.  I HAVE to sit at my computer day and night because of my job.  But I can still do three or four other things at the same time -- listen to the radio, play poker, answer email and laugh on here like a hyena at George Noory. 

Just because George can only do one thing and do it miserably -- albeit with a high unintentional entertainment quotient -- doesn't mean it goes for everyone.  He mustn't try and universalize his poor mental predicament.  All right, he can.  If it makes him feel better.

*  We will never change.

I think I see where he's going with this one.  He means:  We will never get stupid. 

Well, I've got news for Mr. George Noory.  I'm not joining the NFL and playing for 15 seasons without a helmet just so I can intellectually change enough to be his biggest fan.  Now if aliens want to implant something in my butt and make me dumb enough to appreciate all the wisdom Georgie has to offer -- and not laugh at him every night on this site -- then there's nothing I can do about that. 

If I've learned one thing from listening to the show, it's that you cannot fight an alien from another galaxy who is determined to get into your butt.  And I'm surprised George Noory slammed the doory on that distinct possibility.  As usual, though, he wasn't thinking.  So, yes, George could change us all with the assistance of alien implantation/mind control and/or chronic NFL head injuries.

Do I hate innocent clowns -- a lot of whom make kids laugh as they try to recover from cancer in hospitals?  Do I happen to hate goofy archaic parlor games designed for old ladies back in 1920's like the Ouija board?  Do I advocate the use of nuclear weapons in the Middle East, which would endanger innocent Arabs and Israelis?  Do I hate vaccinations which have saved the lives of untold millions?  No.  Who exactly is the hater here?

And what was that about "negative" people?

I think we've already proven that between:

1. Nightly sounding the alarms for world economic collapse, the imminent shutdown of the nation's energy grid, which will kill a third of all Americans within one year, thanks to the sun -- and the comet or asteroid hurtling towards us which will destroy the planet;

2.  Having kook guests on like Katherine Albrecht who sees Satan in Mickey Mouse and credit cards; the deranged stoner-voiced subject from the other night who believes in the secret global spraying of the earth and that "everything we eat is deadly;" plus, let's not forget Steven Quayle whose world needs to end right now so Jesus can return;

3.  Kissing the asses of lunatic callers who believe that the Sandy Hook massacre of school kids and teachers was a staged event -- using federal thespians, no less -- so that the government can make null and void the second amendment;

4.  Having his "dear friend," Alex Jones -- the Minnesota Fats of paranoia -- as a regular fixture of his program;

5.  His manic stoking and stroking of the Ebola plague scare.  We couldn't let any of the sick doctors in because we were all gonna die;

6.  Having a "special" guest -- the nutty professor who claims she can prove the World Trade Center was destroyed by our government using a deadly top-secret weapon.  As I said in an earlier comment, that program aired on the anniversary of the 9-11 attacks, which was a fitting tribute to the victims -- if your home happens to be a mental institution;

7.  Letting us know that the aliens on the way might be "bad" aliens, turning his listeners into food just like in the "Twilight Zone" episode he can't shut up about;

Who's "negative," again?  Could it be the radio host who tests dolt-positive every night?  Is it the one who peddles survival food on the side? 

In the no-wit world of George Noory, there can't be enough negativity and fright.  I'll say it again:  To call George a "psychic vampire" is an insult to honest, hardworking soul-suckers everywhere.

This is the funniest one of them all.  He'll never ignore us.  It'd be far easier for him to give up his black wig and the bad dye-job on his disco 'stache.  George loves his own dumb ass too much not to check out daily what's being said about it.  Also, we implanted a comedy chip in there.