• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
George just cut off a caller talking about the ghost of her son coming back. He finished her story for her.
What a dick.

Noory does not know how to build up tension and suspense. Hopefully this will be his last ghost-to-ghost.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 01, 2014, 02:04:40 AM
Noory does not know how to build up tension and suspense. Hopefully this will be his last ghost-to-ghost.

George Noory not only sucks, but he would suck the ghost of Hitler's cock if it would keep him employed apparently.

Morgus

Noory just took credit for the light rain in southern california tonight.
He told the caller "our mind experiment worked, just a month late..."

Man, its colder than a witches teat tonight in GA.  We even had some snowflakes.  Its like we totally skipped most of fall and are now in winter.

GN and Ghost to Ghost "for us". GN just ducked out 30 minutes early and is playing a prerecorded story.

GN fuggin' lied.  He said that the callers would dictate ghost-to-ghost and, as I feared, he is now reading some kid's ghost story.  Stupid.  Thank God Schrader is on tomorrow. George Noory, you suck!

Started off as "Ghost-to-Ghost."

Ended with just the idiot host.

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on November 01, 2014, 02:49:02 AM
Started off as "Ghost-to-Ghost."

Ended with just the idiot host.

It didn't even start off as Ghost-to-Ghost.  I think I'm going to stick to classic horror movies from now on during Halloween.

"Uncle Jorch, will you read 'Good Night, Moon' to us in your snorey, borey voice so we can all go to sleep?"

Morgus

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 01, 2014, 02:41:05 AM
GN and Ghost to Ghost "for us". GN just ducked out 30 minutes early and is playing a prerecorded story.
Thats exactly what he did last year too.
The perfect sucky ending for Noory's annual Halloween suckfest - sneaking out early and letting an old prerecorded boring reading play...

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on November 01, 2014, 02:56:49 AM
"Uncle Jorch, will you read 'Good Night, Moon' to us in your snorey, borey voice so we can all go to sleep?"

I'm personally looking forward to his rendition of the Little Train That Could.

What an utter waste of Halloween.

"This is George Noory saying, 'Good night, sleep tight, and don't let me bore the shit out of your bed bugs.'"

Scully

Quote from: zeebo on November 01, 2014, 01:30:59 AM
Current Lionel Fanthorpe surprise appearance probability:  35% and rising ....

You called it, zeebo.  Only it was Jorch's imitation of Fanthorpe.

Try though I might, I couldn't stay focused on the story.

Quote from: Morgus on November 01, 2014, 02:58:57 AM
The perfect sucky ending for Noory's annual Halloween suckfest - sneaking out early and letting an old prerecorded boring reading play...

I skipped last year because I knew it was going to suck.  I was hoping Noory would at least try this year but he clearly has not the aptitude for it.

That was a great story George read to us.

Kind of like an audio version of Ambien.

George once caused a convention of hypnotists to snore simultaneously.

"You're ALL asleep?  Well, there truly are NO coincidences."

michio

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 01, 2014, 02:04:40 AM

Hopefully he has the mercy common sense to hand off G2G to someone better qualified than himself.  My choice from the current line-up would be Schrader because of his expertise and background in spooky subjects. But then sNoory is a notorious narcissist and the world's worst storyteller, so it would have to be a cold day in hell for a miracle to happen. haw haw haw haw I love it.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 01, 2014, 02:53:44 AM
...  I think I'm going to stick to classic horror movies from now on during Halloween.
That's what I did, while keeping the local little goblins happy with treats.  The weather was just perfect for Halloween and a lot of tricker treaters showed.  Finished off the night with  Price's "Last Man on Earth."   Noory sucks, no matter what night of the year it may be.

washere

He left early reading 1930's style crappy prerecorded hammy story. Local shark Tom must have taken him to a shitty L.A. party with third rate daytime soap actors.

pyewacket

I did listen to the show and it was as bad as I expected. They had asked the listeners to submit stories. I assume the producers chose which stories to use and maybe would have edited the material in order to present them as best as they could.

I think radio talk shows (other than the political variety) are in the same boat as reality TV shows. I read an article describing networks in a panic about the loss of ratings. They will be producing more dramas.

Radio's got to be tougher to keep "fresh" and interesting. I don't see how you can expect success without an entertaining, skilled host and staff. I don't see this random pairing of unrelated topics each show as a draw for many listeners.

I fell asleep before the last hour and missed the reading. What was it about?

Rico999

Quote from: nextgen.fm on November 01, 2014, 01:23:57 AM
Jeez he sounded so bitter about the guy mentioning art

THAT WAS A LOOOOOONG TIME AGO, NOW WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION...

Yeah, George is bitter about it all right.  To roughly quote Hunter S. Thompson from "Hell's Angel's A Strange and Terrible Saga," Art sits on George's shoulder "like a jeering, masturbating raven...."

Noory knows as long as he's the host of the program, he'll never be rid of the ghost of Art Bell -- it's always in his face and it won't ever go away.  And despite the high opinion he has of himself, he knows deep down that even on his best day, he couldn't be Art Bell's mic caddy.  Obviously, it galls him.

Rico999

Quote from: Morgus on November 01, 2014, 02:58:57 AM

George, with his big contract and high buy out in case someone at PremRat gets wise to his act, doesn't give a damn for the program or the listeners.   Bailing on Ghost to Ghost?  It's what you'd expect from this creep.  Hell, he's completely wrecked the program from what it once was...

Quote from: zeebo on November 01, 2014, 01:16:37 AM
The first couple stories were kinda cool, but this is starting to sound as exciting as an NPR special on organic farming.

That would be awsome.  I could really use some tips to bring up my tomato production.  Thanks for the tip Zeebo :D

albrecht

I swear I've heard some of the stories before? Maybe on a prior G2G or C2C open-lines? Especially sure I heard about the guy in the canoe and flooded river (saved by a negro spiritual) and the lady whose son in the Marines got addicted to heroin after trying Oxycontin (George cut her off this time though.)
-GNS

George's first hour interview was horrible.  First of all wtf?  This was supposed to be Ghost to Ghost.  Second of all, Noory was obviously just reading questions the guest had prepared for him, pretending he had looked at her book and knew her background information when he clearly was just reading her cue cards. 

The interview might have been interesting if he had allowed her to develop one or two stories, but instead he just followed the cards and jumped from topic to topic.  George trying to sound fascinated "I hear there are little people in your area;" guest shares her story with no follow up; next time George speaks:  "I hear you've seen some UFOs;"  guest shares her story;  George:  "What's this I've been hearing about Cherokee ghosts on ol' Snakebite Hill down there?"

For that matter, it was more like he was trying to sound cool in the way he asked the questions rather than having any attachment to what he was actually asking.

Wow George, way to build a compelling narrative.  My pre-programmed computer with a voice synthesizer could be more engaging.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 01, 2014, 04:16:12 PM
George's first hour interview was horrible.  First of all wtf?  This was supposed to be Ghost to Ghost.  Second of all, Noory was obviously just reading questions the guest had prepared for him, pretending he had looked at her book and knew her background information when he clearly was just reading her cue cards. 

The interview might have been interesting if he had allowed her to develop one or two stories, but instead he just followed the cards and jumped from topic to topic.  George trying to sound fascinated "I hear there are little people in your area;" guest shares her story with no follow up; next time George speaks:  "I hear you've seen some UFOs;"  guest shares her story;  George:  "I hear there are Cherokee ghosts in those parts."

Wow George, way to build a compelling narrative.  My pre-programmed computer with a voice synthesizer could be more engaging.
It almost seemed like Norry purposely made G2G awful. Like some kind of snub to Art or the history of C2C. He acts like callers are a hassle and doing the show is some kind of cross to bear. I swear I heard some of the stories before (in the small part of the G2G show where he actually has ghost stories) and then that quick cut to him reading a book-on-tape without any warning? Simply being lazy? Not enough callers? Norry had to duck out early to go somewhere?

ItsOver

Quote from: pyewacket on November 01, 2014, 12:53:33 PM
...I think radio talk shows (other than the political variety) are in the same boat as reality TV shows. I read an article describing networks in a panic about the loss of ratings. They will be producing more dramas.

Radio's got to be tougher to keep "fresh" and interesting. I don't see how you can expect success without an entertaining, skilled host and staff. I don't see this random pairing of unrelated topics each show as a draw for many listeners.

I fell asleep before the last hour and missed the reading. What was it about?

I'm disgusted C2C in it's current form has continued for so long.  Unfortunately, it's all about the money and apparently C2C, with the dreadful Noory, has been piss poor enough to suck in the mindless masses and make a commercial buck for the corporate skanks at PremRat.

PremRat just saw the C2C concept in it's simplistic form when they acquired the show and Art sold out.  "Oh, good.  Here's a nice little concept to air at night.  Just line-up some wacko, out-there guests and stick an el cheapo corporate lacky in the host's chair, and we can run some snake oil commercials to take advantage of the brain dead lowest denominator.  Yeah, that'll work."  Spending money for a quality host is a just a waste of money in their minds.  P.T. Barnum at his best.  Such a shame.

I kicked-off my marathon movie festival for Halloween by tuning into GetTV and watching "Bell, Book, and Candle," with Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak.  Not exactly a creepy movie but well worth watching for the acting and cinematography alone.  Such a gorgeously shot movie, typical of quality ones from the 50's.  I also learned what a "Pyewacket" is all about.  :)