• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

BattyBrooke

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 01, 2014, 12:24:36 AM
It's not the same JC that was on with Art Bell.  It was not even close.

Uhm, no. That totally was the same JC. Different phone line/technology airing the call but most definitely same JC.

GN~ "this is your night, i won't be probing or questioning you"

nextgen.fm

Quote from: narcissist noory on November 01, 2014, 12:27:22 AM

but george...that's boring radio...you suck

nextgen.fm

We'll be right back here on BLoat to Bloat AM

Stay tewned

SnapT

JC: "You don't know much about Halloween, do you?!"

George (offended): "I know a LOT about Hollereeen!"

nextgen.fm

Quote from: SnapT on November 01, 2014, 12:34:28 AM
JC: "You don't know much about Halloween, do you?!"

George (offended): "I know a LOT about Hollereeen!"

I picked that up too!

rofl

SnapT

JC: (sobbing like a maniac)

George: "Haw haw haw haw!"

nextgen.fm

did they change the voice over imaging around for the rejoin?

or is that just for Ghost to Ghost?

Rico999

OUR night??  Between the guest, the commercials, a ridiculous JC segment -- you get maybe 2 ghost stories every half hour.  What a smug, worthless bastard Noory is.  It's pretty clear to me that Noory really doesn't want to take listener calls...

Ya gotta wonder how George could possibly get any worse and I mean, how tough is it to have four hours of listener calls telling ghost stories?   But, leave it to George to fuck up a foolproof format. 

popple

"Pull up a chair, open a candle"

Immediately knows he made a mistake.

"Turn on a candle and enjoy!"

TOTALLY SAVED IT!  ;)

We'll agree to disagree regarding whether that was the real JC.  At least we all agree that Noory sucks and Noory hosting Ghost-to-Ghost really sucks.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Rico999 on November 01, 2014, 12:45:28 AM
OUR night??  Between the guest, the commercials, a ridiculous JC segment -- you get maybe 2 ghost stories every half hour.  What a smug, worthless bastard Noory is.  It's pretty clear to me that Noory really doesn't want to take listener calls...

Ya gotta wonder how George could possibly get any worse and I mean, how tough is it to have four hours of listener calls telling ghost stories?   But, leave it to George to fuck up a foolproof format.

Yup, tried to get rid of JC ASAP...

Juan Cena

That would be a first in the history of both Snory or probing. And by "probing," I mean that in both the journalistic  and/or Whitley Streiber definitions of the  word.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 01, 2014, 12:56:54 AM
That would be a first in the history of both Snory or probing, in either the journalistic or Whitley Streiber definitions of "probing."

so the rest of the year it is HIS NIGHT?

Poor choice of Words George...

Noory has really dropped the ball.  He forgot to start another of his intention experiments wishing it would rain in California.  Guess what, its raining in California and Noory can claim no credit.    ;D

I think they just pulled that howling wolf sound from Hush by Deep Purple.

zeebo

The first couple stories were kinda cool, but this is starting to sound as exciting as an NPR special on organic farming.

zeebo

Yeah wtf .. he then thanks Tommy & Dan for the great effects?  It took 2 people to get that hokey wolfman sound?

SnapT

Noory still keeps interjecting comments, even though these are clearly pre-scripted stories.  Some of these callers are delivering text like Linda Moulten Howe.

Nick el Ass

The problem is he kicked things of by saying "This is Ghost to Ghost with George Noory," and then followed that up by saying this is your show though. There is no doubt the man loves to hear his own name.  Btw, I had to turn the show off after JC... or UFOJC which ever one that was that called the show this time.

nextgen.fm

Jeez he sounded so bitter about the guy mentioning art

THAT WAS A LOOOOOONG TIME AGO, NOW WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION...

Nick el Ass

Quote from: nextgen.fm on November 01, 2014, 01:23:57 AM
Jeez he sounded so bitter about the guy mentioning art

THAT WAS A LOOOOOONG TIME AGO, NOW WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION...

Not shocked at all, hahaha. I bet George thought coming in that he was so good that people would forget about Art. Plus I'm sure he word has gotten back to him of what Art has said about him and/or the show lately which is right. Coast to Coast Am was killed in the studio by George Noory with a microphone. Only the man is clueless.

zeebo

Current Lionel Fanthorpe surprise appearance probability:  35% and rising ....

michio

Quote from: nextgen.fm on November 01, 2014, 01:00:50 AM
so the rest of the year it is HIS NIGHT?

Poor choice of Words George...

Georgie's Freudian slip of the slithery tongue. It's 'The Georgie sNoory Show' the other days of the year, just as the Weather Channel's founder Coleman called it the other night. Coleman quickly corrected himself and said C2C, but he was spot on with TGNS.

Scully

Quote from: Rico999 on November 01, 2014, 12:45:28 AM

Quote from: SnapT on November 01, 2014, 01:19:10 AM
Noory still keeps interjecting comments, even though these are clearly pre-scripted stories.  Some of these callers are delivering text like Linda Moulten Howe.

You both just saved me a lot of typing.  I'm listening for the same reason I can't help looking at a car wreck.

To be fair, though, Jorch is doing one of the few things he does well ... pretending to be the nicest fellow in the room.  All syrup and chuckles.  This is why he makes the guys at Premier think he must be doing a good job. 

Reminds me of the old saying, "xxxxx bears acquaintance," meaning you have to get to really know the person before you decide what they're really like.

Kudos to all here who predicted Noory can't do spooky, sound effects or no. GNS.  :P

popple

"How do we really know that was jc? Maybe he died and that was his ghost"

Would it still not be JC?

Nick el Ass

Quote from: SnapT on November 01, 2014, 01:19:10 AM

I was laughing the other day when Linda's script go mixed up, and she said on air that had never happened before. I'd say George would ever have her on again... but then he would be screwed.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: popple on November 01, 2014, 01:41:09 AM
"How do we really know that was jc? Maybe he died and that was his ghost"

Would it still not be JC?

It would, but my guess is that UFO Phil has been playing JC since George took over. George is tipping his hat if that is what he said.