• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

WOTR

Oh, I needed a laugh so I tuned into the news with Noory.  He said that 900 chickens were killed with a golf club.  He then continued that "authorities believe that at least one person broke into the chicken coop and slaughtered the chickens."

I really hope so. The alternatives to that theory is a really bad golfer, a legally blind golfer, a golfing robot that malfunctioned or??? Really, short "at least one person" breaking in and killing the chickens I do not know how 900 of them would be killed by a golf club.

Quote from: wotr1 on October 02, 2014, 01:21:57 AM
Oh, I needed a laugh so I tuned into the news with Noory.  He said that 900 chickens were killed with a golf club.  He then continued that "authorities believe that at least one person broke into the chicken coop and slaughtered the chickens."

I really hope so. The alternatives to that theory is a really bad golfer, a legally blind golfer, a golfing robot that malfunctioned or??? Really, short "at least one person" breaking in and killing the chickens I do not know how 900 of them would be killed by a golf club.

Why does he read this stuff?  It's not headline news.  It's not paranormal.  It's strange but not really weird.  It's just sick and brutal, which is what he seems to like.

Quote from: wotr1 on October 02, 2014, 01:21:57 AM
... "authorities believe that at least one person broke into the chicken coop and slaughtered the chickens."...

It could have been a mean chicken

WOTR

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 02, 2014, 01:39:10 AM

It could have been a mean chicken
That makes sense.  The authorities should look closer at the surviving chickens.

WOTR

Quote from: nextgen.fm on October 02, 2014, 12:28:45 AM
Where did Tommy come from?

Was he George's friend?
I started listening to the interview with Melinda.  She has stupid laugh and seems a little ditzy (what do I expect from a feel good "positive" psychic?)- but Tommy seems to answer your question.  He says that he sort of stumbled into it.  He was working for the network that carried Coast when it was in Oregon and he went to LA when they moved it there.  Later, they brought George to LA and they introduced George to the producers.  He says specifically that was "when (he) met George for the first time."  So, the short answer is that they were not friends before the show.

He also says that there are 4 producers for Coast and that he is the "senior producer."  Can you imagine that it takes 4 producers to turn out the quality of show that they do night after night?

Quote from: Rockaria on October 02, 2014, 01:08:16 AM
I am exceedingly happy to report that one of the big 50k watt Southern stations has dumped C2C in favour of some kind of trucker's show called"Red Eye Radio."  Stick that in eweeer pizza roll and eat it, Snoory. And the dominoes keep falling.....

I love your avatar.  I also got my name from an ELO song!!  ;D  My favourite band.

Quote from: nextgen.fm on October 02, 2014, 12:28:45 AM
Where did Tommy come from?

Was he George's friend?

Tommy is a moron.  He is the call screener.

I called one time, and he asked for my town so i gave him my hometown which is Ida. Pronounced exactly how you read it.
He makes me repeat it three times and then ask me to spell it. Then he is like ohh like IDA-HO.
Freaking moron.

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: narcissist noory on October 01, 2014, 10:55:07 PM
nobody said he can handle it, were just trying to find an excuse for all that suck

Hay  maan.   Don't blame it on the weed.  That shit makes people funny. 

VtaGeezer

So that was THE Jimmy Church?  I'm underwhelmed.  Church seems to me to be a radio version of Bill Birnes, paranormal ambulance chaser on Discovery TV.  The Mugu Canyon "anomaly" is the kind of idiots' notion that keeps C2C content in ridicule. 

Nick el Ass

Jimmy and especially the Eric guy were both doing some major ass kissing on the show to kick things off. They were probably told to stroke George's massive ego before going on... and it is enough to make one turn the station. Along with George's willingness to talk over the last part of his guests sentences which happened a lot last night. I didn't stick around to hear the last part.

UFQuack

Quote from: Rockaria on October 02, 2014, 01:08:16 AM
I am exceedingly happy to report that one of the big 50k watt Southern stations has dumped C2C in favour of some kind of trucker's show called"Red Eye Radio."  Stick that in eweeer pizza roll and eat it, Snoory. And the dominoes keep falling.....

I wouldn't be so happy because I've heard Red Eye Radio, it's awful, all they do is push political propaganda. They promote it like it's for truckers but its got nothing to do with that. They might as well call it a show for hampsters because that is about how relevant it is.

UFQuack

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 02, 2014, 01:27:34 AM
Why does he read this stuff?  It's not headline news.  It's not paranormal.  It's strange but not really weird.  It's just sick and brutal, which is what he seems to like.

You are right about Jorch liking this stuff, but this story was actually headline news. I didn't hear Jorch report it, I heard it on the news. I think Art Bell would also have reported this because it is weird enough that it almost borders paranormal. It's has sort of an X-files-ish feeling, I can picture Mulder investigating it.

cweb

The Jimmy Church segment was underwhelming, but at least he was more conscious than some other guests. Jimmy's been willing to put in the extra work to publicize his show and I think his Coast appearance will help. I still don't buy the DUWB thing, but everyone needs a story.

I loved when the (second?) Jimmy Church segment caller said "they need to bring back Dark Matter" to George. It wasn't said maliciously, but I still think I could hear George cough up a pizza roll.

Could this open up the door for Jimmy to be added to the guest host roster for Coast? Or was it an instance of Coast having him on as a way of saying "we don't care about plugging your show because we still have significantly more listeners?"

Speaking of killing chickens, I heard that one time Jorch told Tommy that he was going to "do one of those selfie things", and that Tommy was shocked when he walked in on Jorch choking his chicken. Appalling. Tommy had to explain to Jorch that it meant taking a picture of yourself.

ItsOver

This gave me a chuckle.

"This Week on "Beyond Belief"
September 29, 2014
This week on the internet TV show "Beyond Belief," George Noory's guests are Brooks Agnew discussing the ancient lore of subterranean civilizations, and Angela Thomas on how you can discern the difference between psychic scammers and true psychic mediums. Sign up for 10 days free at beyondbelief.com and enjoy hours of fascinating past shows."

Pot meet kettle.  Good 'ol Jorch and his make beeleeve TV show.  Maybe he can devote a C2C show to how to tell a real TV show from a make beeleeve TV show.  Or, better yet, devote a Beeyond Beeleef show on how to tell a real radio show from a poser.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on October 02, 2014, 05:09:19 PM
This gave me a chuckle.

"This Week on "Beyond Belief"
September 29, 2014
This week on the internet TV show "Beyond Belief," George Nohuhory's guests are Brooks Agnew discussing the ancient lore of subterranean civilizations, and Angela Thomas on how you can discern the difference between psychic scammers and true psychic mediums. Sign up for 10 days free at beyondbelief.com and enjoy hours of fascinating past shows."

Pot meet kettle.  Good 'ol Jorch and his make beeleeve TV show.  Maybe he can devote a C2C show to how to tell a real TV show from a make beeleeve TV show.  Or, better yet, devote a Beeyond Beeleef show on how to tell a real radio show from a poser.
BUT viewers of the "tv show" might get to see Norry sans mustashce (at least that was the latest marketing gimmick used.)

Nick el Ass

The fact that George Noory, and all four producers of the show are still employed is what is truly beyond belief. They should do a make believe tv show on that topic. GNS.

Quote from: Nick el Ass on October 02, 2014, 07:09:54 PM
The fact that George Noory, and all four producers of the show are still employed is what is truly beyond belief. They should do a make believe tv show on that topic. GNS.

Tom Danheiser and Lisa Lyon are two of the producers.  I wonder if George and Lex Lonehood count as the other two, or Dan Galanti.

Immy

Craig Hulet just made himself look really foolish. Jorch asked what's happneen in Hong Kong ("Hawng Kawng"  ::)) and instead of honestly admitting he didn't know the specifics, he tried to deflect by asking if they were close to the top of the hour, implying there wasn't enough time to go into it.

Jorchie told him they had six minutes (whoops!) and Hulet went into a generic "explanation" of how HK is tired of being under China's thumb. Nothing about the upcoming elections where candidates are being hand-picked by Beijing. Then he re-routed to a more generic "world in crisis" theme and simpleton Jorch followed right along, never getting an answer to his question. Because fuck the audience.  >:(

popple

Quote from: cweb on October 02, 2014, 11:40:42 AM
I loved when the (second?) Jimmy Church segment caller said "they need to bring back Dark Matter" to George. It wasn't said maliciously, but I still think I could hear George cough up a pizza roll.

He stores them in his cheeks like a hamster.

pate

Dammit sNooron, don't point the microphone at the studio monitor or you earpiece or whatever it was that you just did.

It wakes me up, and makes me post again that you suck and don't belong on the radio.

Dumbass.

ZHero

Quote from: pate on October 03, 2014, 01:43:26 AM
Dammit sNooron, don't point the microphone at the studio monitor or you earpiece or whatever it was that you just did.

It wakes me up, and makes me post again that you suck and don't belong on the radio.

Dumbass.
I heard that too. Real professional George.
But, Morbid-George has been talking about stuff like self-decapitation with the guest
so there is no telling what shit we might hear.  Damn Sicko.
GNS.

Quote from: wotr1 link=topic=3.msg298572#msg298572udate=1412236647

He also says that there are 4 producers for Coast and that he is the "senior producer."  Can you imagine that it takes 4 producers to turn out the quality of show that they do night after night?

4 guys plan it out and one weirdo screws it up.
  night after night

cweb

Quote from: popple on October 03, 2014, 01:26:37 AM
He stores them in his cheeks like a hamster.
This explains the pronunciation problems.

Also why he has a "choke" button to go along with the "cough" and "snore" buttons.

expat

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 02, 2014, 08:57:56 PM
Tom Danheiser and Lisa Lyon are two of the producers.  I wonder if George and Lex Lonehood count as the other two, or Dan Galanti.

Nah, Dan's the board guy. Probably the bored guy too, listening to that shite night after night.

Morgus

Darn we only get one day without Noory this week since he is hosting both tonight (Friday) and his extra night (Sunday) this weekend...

nextgen.fm

I hope George gets his act together tonight does a good show

Quote from: nextgen.fm on October 03, 2014, 05:32:41 PM
I hope George gets his act together tonight does a good show

And I hope a unicorn sends me an invitation to the Playboy Mansion on a trillion dollar bill.