• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Rico999

Last night was comedy gold all the way.....I always get a big laugh when holier-than-thou, Mr. Sincere himself, George, starts ranting about "haters and losers."   He's obsessed with people who criticize or mock him and he's obviously trolled on this and other forums. 

Narcissists and psychopaths, indeed, George.  Take a look in a mirror (if you can stand to look at yourself without your "trademark," that is...) and you're looking at all that you say that you despise.

Among all the rest, I don't know if anyone caught this one, but early on in the "news," he mentioned some guy that was a "former" veteran.  Now, George, you're either a veteran or you're not.  You can't be a "former" veteran!

It was really funny when, after hacking off half his mustache,  he said he was frantically looking around for a black ink pen -- I mean this was the first thing he thought about.   Hell, all he had to do was find the Kiwi black shoe polish he does his hair with, ya know?   Or just send Tommy or some gopher to a costume shop for crying out loud and let the makeup artist at "Beyond Belief" take care of the rest.   

In what strange bizarro universe do I live in where a guy this incompetent has risen to the position he's in?  Ya sure can't feel sorry for him, he's making a ton of money.....being a complete stiff.

Quote from: Rico999 on September 23, 2014, 02:39:08 PM
...Narcissists and psychopaths, indeed, George.  Take a look in a mirror (if you can stand to look at yourself without your "trademark," that is...) and you're looking at all that you say that you despise...

Wasn't that a Twilight Zone episode?  Omigosh, Noory is a 1960s TV character come to life.  That would explain his one dimensional passion for the classics.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: zeebo on September 22, 2014, 11:35:33 PM
I guess "haters" is easier to say than "passionate talk radio fans spoiled by the great talent of one Art Bell and disappointed by the suckage brought forth by the doofus who ruined our favorite show but still has the gall to act as if he's some kind of lord of nighttime broadcasting while polluting the airwaves with mangled interviews and lame new age infomercials and awful doo-wap cheesy love song bumper music and he can't even eat a friggin pizza roll much less be the steward of a once classic radio show."

*Stands and applauds*

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: HorrorReporter on September 23, 2014, 11:50:41 AM
For fun.. I was searching for george noory + mustache. I came upon this interesting site for KFH.. http://www.kfhradio.com/pages/291118.php?  take a gander at the image they are using for George. Where in the hell did they find this incarnation? Or did someone snap a shot prior to the dye/wig/stache job?

He looks a hell of a lot better there than in his new pimped-up lounge-lizard Lothario persona

albrecht

I was so hoping during the now infamous "mustache" story, about accidentally chopping off one side, that he was going to go with the "toothbrush" mustache style, once mildly popular until a certain German megalomaniac dictator ruined the run (except for other dictators like Mugabe.)

Rico999

The "Tommy Hawk" comment really cracked me up too.  The "news" segment might be some of the best comedy on the air these days.   That Jacobs dude sounds quite a bit like he could be Mitch Battros brother.   He has the same whiny quality to his voice and like Mitch, kept a steady stream of ass-kissing directed at his patron, the great George Noory -- who eats that shit up.

By the way, the card system Jacobs uses is very accurate -- the guy who really knows his shit on this is Robert Lee Camp and it's worth checking out if that sort of thing interests you.  Camp puts out a computer program with this system and it was obvious to me Jacobs was referring to it on the air last night, while doing his "readings.'   It's a technical skill that can be learned and doesn't really require that the practitioner be "psychic."

Keep those Laffs coming George!

Nick el Ass

For fun.. I was searching for george noory + mustache. I came upon this interesting site for KFH.. http://www.kfhradio.com/pages/291118.php?  take a gander at the image they are using for George. Where in the hell did they find this incarnation? Or did someone snap a shot prior to the dye/wig/stache job?

He looks human, and not like a mindless moron who cares about his looks despite being a radio host. Someone needs to tell George no one can see him... and there are not many people who watch his shitty internet tv show.

Quote from: Nick el Ass on September 23, 2014, 08:37:49 PM

He looks human, and not like a mindless moron who cares about his looks despite being a radio host. Someone needs to tell George no one can see him... and there are not many people who watch his shitty internet tv show.

George likes to say he has a face for radio, but sounds a little pissed when someone agrees with him.

136 or 142

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 23, 2014, 08:47:20 PM
George likes to say he has a face for radio, but sounds a little pissed when someone agrees with him.

Are you sure you're not confusing him with Ian Punnett?

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 23, 2014, 09:30:26 PM
Are you sure you're not confusing him with Ian Punnett?

Maybe Ian said it too, but I've heard Noory use that line a couple of times as well.

zeebo

Quote from: Rico999 on September 23, 2014, 02:39:08 PM
...Among all the rest, I don't know if anyone caught this one, but early on in the "news," he mentioned some guy that was a "former" veteran.  Now, George, you're either a veteran or you're not.  You can't be a "former" veteran! ...

Haha, I missed this one, oh jeesh last nite's fiasco of a show is a gift that keeps on giving.

136 or 142

Quote from: zeebo on September 23, 2014, 09:33:59 PM
Haha, I missed this one, oh jeesh last nite's fiasco of a show is a gift that keeps on giving.

Ian started his show by saying it "...a face for radio, and a voice for print."

Can't say I remember George ever saying it.

Did you see George's job interview I posted?

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 23, 2014, 09:49:45 PM
Ian started his show by saying it "...a face for radio, and a voice for print."

Can't say I remember George ever saying it.

Did you see George's job interview I posted?

Haha, yeah.  I thought that was pretty reminiscent of George's cold reading during news segments.

LAM4:2

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 23, 2014, 12:43:42 AM
I know he realizes his numbers are tanking. They have fallen by .5 million this year alone. For an idea about how fast his audience is shrinking it was 4.5 million in 2007 and 3 million in 2013. All the way down to 2.5 million today.

That is some really horrible news for George Noory. You would think that they would try to change things up. How is lisa Lyon still in charge of C2C, you think they would make a change and try to get some momentum or at least stem the flow.

Perhaps tweak or untweak some of the changes Nostache has made. I think what is killing them is George's inability to do open lines. They were a real ratings bost to Art. Psychic vampire lines for the 1000 time is not going to help.
Lets face it, "It's over Johnny."

http://youtu.be/gLo-ylNPXyE

Juan Cena

Light Beings (or is it Life Beings?)- Place your bets when Snorge asks "Could they be Fallen Angels?" now.

zeebo

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 23, 2014, 11:21:38 PM
Light Beings (or is it Life Beings?)- Place your bets when Snorge asks "Could they be Fallen Angels?" now.

I thought he said "Like Beans", possibly some Harry Potter magic bean that makes people like you.

LOL nice work.

This guy is talking too fast for George (and me).  I can already feel he's going to lose his patience when George keeps asking him to go over the same thing.

Juan Cena

Asking a guest a question a minute before break - so unprofessional! You would think by now Snorge would've figured out his guests are incapable of giving a soundbite-sized  answer to his inane questions.

zeebo

Do you guys remember some astral clouds type lady who was on awhile back, and talked about the major angels and their personalities and quirks as if she kinda knew them all personally?  She had some wacky book out but I forget the name.

SnapT

It sounds like George is interviewing Thor's brother Loki.

Juan Cena

How fracking long does it take to set up a camera in a studio?

zeebo

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 23, 2014, 11:34:59 PM
Asking a guest a question a minute before break - so unprofessional! You would think by now Snorge would've figured out his guests are incapable of giving a soundbite-sized  answer to his inane questions.

Right, and ending bookend fail to an interview begun with these generic throwaways:

"So what've you been up to?" and "So how'd you get interested in all of this?"

136 or 142

The guest claims to be a Biblical expert, but doesn't even mention that seven in the Bible represents completeness. At least that's what the NIV study Bible says.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 23, 2014, 11:30:44 PM
This guy is talking too fast for George (and me).  I can already feel he's going to lose his patience when George keeps asking him to go over the same thing.

He has the kind of accent, delivery, and vocabulary that seemingly legitimizes any topic he opines about.  I'd like to hear him do Pokemon, a subject in dire need of such gravitas.

zeebo

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 23, 2014, 11:41:52 PM
The guest claims to be a Biblical expert, but doesn't even mention that seven in the Bible represents completeness. At least that's what the NVID study Bible says.

Yeah but he mentioned something about the seven major orifices.  How can George miss the obvious follow-up:  "Name them!"

Quote from: zeebo on September 23, 2014, 11:45:08 PM
Yeah but he mentioned something about the seven major orifices.  How can George miss the obvious follow-up q:  "Name them!"

Milk, milk, lemonade.  This is where the fudge is made.

Sorry, this guest is making me go spacey.

136 or 142

It should say NIV Study Bible, not NVID. NVID sounds like the precursor to the KGB.

The guest sounds like the late Christopher Hitchens.  Far too intelligent to converse with Noory.