• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

136 or 142

"Yep, last night David mentioned "The Postman" had the bad luck of coming out the same week as the blockbuster "Titanic"

This is probably a little known fact:  "Titanic" actually didn't do great in its first week. So, Dave's excuse of why his film bombed actually doesn't really hold water, though I'm sure he comforts himself with it.)

This was "Titanic"'s first week gross: $28,638,131     which would translate to something like $40-45 million today.  That's certainly solid but nothing spectacular.  A blockbuster these days will open with between $75-100 million.  To be sure, major films open in more theatres now, but that wouldn't account for the difference.

"Titanic" just happened to stay at #1 for something like 12 weeks, sometimes increasing its gross over the previous week, which is virtually unheard of.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=titanic.htm

136 or 142

"Personally, I am very much impressed with Premier Radio and think they deserve applause for their support of the disabled community.  For them to allow a man not only with severe mental retardation, but also a debilitating speech impediment to host Coast to Coast for so long is surely a noble thing.

'Murica I'm proud of you!

I may have made this observation before, as I am sure others have, but it bears repeating.

It's really a brave business stance, I think, to take that sort of risk, one would think a guy with severe mental retardation and a debilitating speech impediment would be a risky move business wise..."

This post is an insult to people with severe mental retardation.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Jorch Einstein on September 19, 2014, 12:44:02 PM
Jorch should just fart into the microphone every ten minutes or so. It would be just as relevant as the comments he makes, and would add just as much to the conversation as his stupid interjections.

Remember his explanation for his constantly repeated 'Mmm-hmm's when his guest is speaking? He said "it's a little trick we broadcasters have. It tells the guest or caller 'I'm still here' ". What a prick. I vote for the fart, myself.

albrecht

I forget the exact quote but George said something to the effect that his "tv show" on Giam TV was like a "bunch of Netflix" (presumably because one can watch all the "tv shows" on that "channel" you wish for a limited time.) But it caught my ear because it wasn't "like Netflix," which could make some sense, but a "bunch of Netflix."

136 or 142

Quote from: Nick el Ass on September 19, 2014, 02:36:29 AM

The numbers are dropping more & more with each passing month. Rightfully so, when the host uses such lines as "We are going to have a little nip in the air with final phone calls."

To be fair to George, the numbers obviously vary every night and sometimes he probably does top 3 million listeners on occasion.  I don't think you can fault him too much for claiming the highest figure.

Now, if what you say is true that Art used to get 10 million listeners, (and I have no reason to doubt you) then I have to agree it does make you wonder why Premiere keeps him.

Nebraska888

Quote from: AstroBuzz on September 19, 2014, 01:59:09 AM
I can't take much more of this... George asks the dumbest questions not even pertanent to the topic... "What drives you to write about it?" ~ George

Who the fuck cares?!!!

C'mon George! What a deuche!

"I like these, all, my, life." and repeat question from 30 seconds earlier, "What drives you?" "Why do people like scary stories?" Derp!

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!   :P

Quote from: albrecht on September 19, 2014, 08:37:22 PM
I forget the exact quote but George said something to the effect that his "tv show" on Giam TV was like a "bunch of Netflix" (presumably because one can watch all the "tv shows" on that "channel" you wish for a limited time.) But it caught my ear because it wasn't "like Netflix," which could make some sense, but a "bunch of Netflix."

Yeah, I caught that too.  Something like 'some netflix' but I can't remember the quote either.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 19, 2014, 09:08:20 PM
Yeah, I caught that too.  Something like 'some netflix' but I can't remember the quote either.

Maybe he thinks a download is a "net flick" and "net flicks" is the plural.  Anything is possible and nothing is surprising with George.

laserjock

What bothers me is that Nooron keeps bringing "illuminati fear mongers" and agreeing completely with their tripe.  Sure as you're born, seems that ANY issue Noory takes a "stand" on, he's invariably on the idiot's side.  Radio seems to be dying off.  No accident when what you have getting the biggest budget and supposed leading listener audience are people mostly catering to EXTREME lunatic right wing fringe talk.  All my fellow liberals don't know or care any longer about Noory or Jones or Limbaugh or Beck, they are too busy reading books and enhancing their knowledge base, I really should learn from their example and read more, myself.

All Noory is doing is playing up to the few remaining followers who aren't too bright and vote like fools.  I've been watching the series on PBS about The Roosevelts and wow, how history has been repeating itself.  All while FDR was rescuing the country, his opponents clamoured against all logic and fact.  The same is happening today, ever fool mistake the nation made back then we are making again today.

I am surprised by myself for what I am about to say:  We need a centrist movement in this country, where reason and rationale might engage Americans to save the country from its demise.  The people with their bully pulpit are so polar that how they hell will anything EVER get done any longer.  It seems pretty obvious to me the impact these extremists are having on the nation, the huge swing among parents who chose to not vaccinate their babies is proof of Noory and his compatriot's power over a portion of the population that is incapable of real reason and thought.

The only good radio left is the PBS stuff and Dr. Kaku and Leo Laporte, little intelligent programing exists any longer.  At least these fool listeners aren't the majority, they are almost large enough, but not quite so.  Noory is only as dumb as those who buy into his idiocy, he's just telling them what they want to hear, rather than what they need to hear.  Noory is an idiot because his audience are idiots.

I bet if a survey are undertaken of Noory listeners, less than 20% of them could point on a map of the earth where China was, or what a secretary of state does, or what the American revolution was really about.  Noory just as 2 million Sarah Palin's for an audience.

WOTR

Quote from: laserjock on September 19, 2014, 10:27:21 PM

I bet if a survey are undertaken of Noory listeners, less than 20% of them could point on a map of the earth where China was, or what a secretary of state does, or what the American revolution was really about. 
I think that we all know that the revolution happened because the colonists were sick of the monarchy and wanted to be free to vote for their top choice on American idol.

zeebo

Quote from: wotr1 on September 20, 2014, 12:03:15 AM
I think that we all know that the revolution happened because the colonists were sick of the monarchy and wanted to be free to vote for their top choice on American idol The Voice.

Fixed it for you.  (I learned all my history from Prof. Noory.)

Quote from: wotr1 on September 20, 2014, 12:03:15 AM
I think that we all know that the revolution happened because the colonists were sick of the monarchy and wanted to be free to vote for their top choice on American idol.

the American Revolution.. that was a Beatles song, right?  Wait, who are the Beatles again?

WOTR

Quote from: zeebo on September 20, 2014, 12:51:14 AM
Fixed it for you.  (I learned all my history from Prof. Noory.)
Given your source, I am forced to accept your conclusion.  I learned my American history from the slightly less renowned Prof. Wells.  However, I think that we can both agree that the incident involving tea and a harbour was due to people feeling as though they had no representation in the choice of the initial contestants?

pate

Quote from: AstroBuzz on September 19, 2014, 02:33:27 AM
Over 3 million my ass George...

Not to derail the GNS thread, but how the hell does Douche Ramsey even make the list?

Hate that guy, not as much as Noory, but still hate Douche Ramsey:  "Im rich, your not.  Git a job!"

Fuq that goy.

edit:  sNoorge is retarded, and a stooge, that I hate Douche Ramsey only highlights the suckage that is radio these days...  So I have to choose between a pompous douche and a severely retarded man with a severe speech impediment?  That's a choice?  Might as well be voting Democrat or Republican.  Coke or Pepsi (Royal Crown is the superior mixer...  [alchohol, with alchohol... geez] Rough or Smooth... etc...)

edit:edit:  Noory is the bottom of the bucket.  I'd say scraping the bottom of the bucket, but the bucket holds the suckage that is Noory and Ramsey...  Gross, why do I even acknowledge these losers?  Below the bottom?  That's mathematical or metaphysical, and those two are neither...  Hate.  Anathema. 

Nick el Ass

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 19, 2014, 04:34:50 AM
Yes. I hapr on this all the time. He seems to be losing an audience at the same rate as other host more or less. Those immune are Rush, Hannity, Ramsey, beck, and levin.

If you listen to old Art show he talks about how other radio host are losing audience members, but his show always seemed to grow. In some of the pictures floating around he has the talkers magazine awards hanging on the wall. Art was one of the top 4 host, so just like the top tier of radio host today his show was immune to falling listnership.

I know that we have the internet(s) to blame for some lower numbers, but Art could make a gues that sounded insane... and make an interesting show out of it. George on the other hand can take an interesting guest, or topic and make it suck supremely. C2C's problems are clearly self inflicted. I mean take this new split show format in which we get gems like Wednesday with topics of Ebola and the Warren Commission. WTF kind of shit is that?!? At least have opposing views. That way the host can actually focus on one thing, or pretend to instead of using his Google-fu just to get through a show. The person booking the shows is not good either.

Quote from: Nick el Ass on September 20, 2014, 10:01:53 AM

I know that we have the internet(s) to blame for some lower numbers, but Art could make a gues that sounded insane... and make an interesting show out of it. George on the other hand can take an interesting guest, or topic and make it suck supremely. C2C's problems are clearly self inflicted. I mean take this new split show format in which we get gems like Wednesday with topics of Ebola and the Warren Commission. WTF kind of shit is that?!? At least have opposing views. That way the host can actually focus on one thing, or pretend to instead of using his Google-fu just to get through a show. The person booking the shows is not good either.

George doesn't much seem to care for people who oppose his views.  He once had a caller who asked why he only chooses guests who support gun rights, and none who support gun control, and George pretty much just ridiculed the guy for bringing it up.

Quote from: pate on September 20, 2014, 03:29:52 AM
Not to derail the GNS thread, but how the hell does Douche Ramsey even make the list?

Do you really find it surprising in a country where Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are one and two?  Those guys should at best have a local cable access show if such things still exist.

K4N4DI4N

I swear That this would be the best show for Georgie to host.. i wish it was actually him starring in this clip .. the whole thing just fits Jorch.
http://youtu.be/5oHED1yGP2Y

Quote from: K4N4DI4N on September 20, 2014, 12:37:46 PM
I swear That this would be the best show for Georgie to host.. i wish it was actually him starring in this clip .. the whole thing just fits Jorch.

Those $Dialing for Dollar$ bits with Cronkite always cracked me up, and that one's my favorite!  I also enjoyed the sketches where Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis played Cronkite and David Brinkley.  SCTV is still one of my favorite shows of all time! 

yumyumtree

Quote from: zeebo on September 19, 2014, 12:55:07 AM
I sort of remember her showing up sometimes on some grainy cable access show.
If I'm not mistaken, I think there's a segment on these people in the Canadian documentary "In Advance of the Landing", about UFO afficianados. In any case, In Advance of the Landing is a very entertaining film. It's from the 90s.
I couldn't get over this guy talking about giant irradiated ants standing on their hind legs.  I'm going to consult an entomologist(how handy, the Burke Museum Bug Blast event is tomorrow)but doubt that it's even possible.

yumyumtree

Quote from: pate on September 20, 2014, 03:29:52 AM

Hate that guy, not as much as Noory, but still hate Douche Ramsey:  "Im rich, your not.  Git a job!"

Fuq that goy.

edit:  sNoorge is retarded, and a stooge, that I hate Douche Ramsey only highlights the suckage that is radio these days...  So I have to choose between a pompous douche and a severely retarded man with a severe speech impediment?  That's a choice?  Might as well be voting Democrat or Republican.  Coke or Pepsi (Royal Crown is the superior mixer...  [alchohol, with alchohol... geez] Rough or Smooth... etc...)

edit:edit:  Noory is the bottom of the bucket.  I'd say scraping the bottom of the bucket, but the bucket holds the suckage that is Noory and Ramsey...  Gross, why do I even acknowledge these losers?  Below the bottom?  That's mathematical or metaphysical, and those two are neither...  Hate.  Anathema.
I have discussed my issues with Ramsey elsewhere on this forum, but my biggest ones is some of what I consider flat-out bad advice to people who own businesses.  I haven't read his books, but if what he says on the radio is a sample, he  needs to remember that 1. He's not a lawyer and 2. laws vary a lot from state to state.  Not every place is Tennessee.
He is like Dr. Laura in that he has a lot of good advice but a little too much of a zero-tolerance hardass on some issues.

And yes, RC is awesome as a mixer.  It has that dry quality that other colas lack.

wr250

Quote from: yumyumtree on September 20, 2014, 02:16:17 PM
I have discussed my issues with Ramsey elsewhere on this forum, but my biggest ones is some of what I consider flat-out bad advice to people who own businesses.  I haven't read his books, but if what he says on the radio is a sample, he  needs to remember that 1. He's not a lawyer and 2. laws vary a lot from state to state.  Not every place is Tennessee.
He is like Dr. Laura in that he has a lot of good advice but a little too much of a zero-tolerance hardass on some issues.

And yes, RC is awesome as a mixer.  It has that dry quality that other colas lack.

last time i heard dr laura is when some one called in and wanted advice about something i cant recall, and dr laura asked if she was in a sexual relationship. the woman said "yes ,but i wont get pregnant " at which point dr laura went on a 5 minute rant on how contraceptives fail and yada yada.  the caller waited patiently and calmly said at the rant "i had a hysterectomy, i dont have the parts to get pregnant".  i then turned off dr laura, and aint heard her since.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 20, 2014, 01:46:35 PM
Those $Dialing for Dollar$ bits with Cronkite always cracked me up, and that one's my favorite!  I also enjoyed the sketches where Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis played Cronkite and David Brinkley.  SCTV is still one of my favorite shows of all time!

hahahaha, me, too. 
Is you av from Dr. Tongue's 3D House of Stewardesses??   
Rip and tear, Bruno.  Rip and tear. 

DebbyS

See if you can see why I'm posting this link to a movie called "Lost Time"...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2564978/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 

The site is Internet Movie Database and, as far as I can tell, legitimate and harmless.

PS: I was checking to find out if the movie might be interesting enough to download; decided not to.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 20, 2014, 02:21:23 AM
... Wait, who are the Beatles again?

Irrelevant.  They came after George's fave doo-wap romantic crooner era. 

zeebo

Quote from: wotr1 on September 20, 2014, 02:36:56 AM
...I think that we can both agree that the incident involving tea and a harbour was due to people feeling as though they had no representation in the choice of the initial contestants?

Yes that sounds right, and as I learned for George, feeling vaguely sure about something is as good as absolute fact so yeah I'll just go with that rather than look it up. 

zeebo

Quote from: yumyumtree on September 20, 2014, 02:10:16 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I think there's a segment on these people in the Canadian documentary "In Advance of the Landing", about UFO afficianados. In any case, In Advance of the Landing is a very entertaining film. It's from the 90s. ...

Thanks for the tip, yumyum, this kind of stuff is my cup of tea.  Will definitely seek this one out. 

Quote from: zeebo on September 20, 2014, 09:34:21 PM
Irrelevant.  They came after George's fave doo-wap romantic crooner era.

Ah, I forgot.  No wonder it's Knapp who has to cover them.

laserjock

I am noticing that it is getting harder and harder for me to tolerate Noory's shows of late, and it isn't because of this forum, I couldn't stand him long before I knew about bellgab.  He seems to be getting worse at this stuff.  I long for intelligent people to come back into power in this world, good people, people with a soul and with altruism.  I was told many many years ago that I should get into radio for a trade, I looked into it and all, but I felt what I lacked was the ability to be good enough with extemporaneous stuff.  I vacillate between thinking "gee, hell, I could have done a lot better than George", and thinking "but I wouldn't want to be hated the way he is if I didn't measure up!"  I realize, just as with every job out there, it has its challenges, even flipping burgers can be a large challenge in some ways and require a lot out of someone.  It's part inspiration, part practice, part determination, part dedication, part observation, part reservation, part preperation, part education, part dedication, and part, well, skill.  Can Noory claim to ANY of that lists qualities?  When you think about it under those terms, I'm sure I'd be a better radio guy than him.  To start with, my attitude is very different from his, it's better towards my fellow man.  America needs a few truly great women and men to take the reins of our nation's visible positions and inspire us to wholesome goodness again.  I just watched the PBS series about the Roosevelts and wow, how much we need such people right now to inspire the simple minded souls being presently led astray by today's current radio idiots.  Who was it that said "there's a sucker born every minute..."?  It would be grand for someone to, instead, say "there's a potential learner and leader born every minute, you just have to mold them like clay..."  We desperately need edification and altruism on the radio.

zeebo

Quote from: Treading Water on September 20, 2014, 05:33:29 PM
hahahaha, me, too. 
Is you av from Dr. Tongue's 3D House of Stewardesses??   
Rip and tear, Bruno.  Rip and tear.

Don't forget the all-time great chiller "Dr. Tongue's 3D House of Pancakes".  I'm pretty sure RGG owns the only collector's copy in existence.

Dr Tongue's 3D House of Pancakes Clip